Where are all the clerics? - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where are all the clerics?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#26 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Co. USA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

To answer pdfisher's first question, I am still here, and play more on my cleric than any other char atm.  I just had some big issues with my internet this past month and was kinda AWOL because of it.  I have new internet, and it isn't that great, but as you saw tonight, I am still here and trying to play as much as I can.  Mostly a dungeon cleric, FS.  And when not in dungeons, I am near storage buffing anyone that asks and has the manners to say PLEASE.  ;)

#27 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

I actually made a proposal in the 'I WISH' thread that gives Knights skills that are truly centered around group support [they're like a 3rd class/advanced class idea thing we were discussing]. You might like it. Here's the post. 

Yes, I have read the post beforehand when I recently returned. I liked the ideas, and I think it'll be very~ exciting. If it happens, I'd wish it would be, as from what you constructed it to be, to be somewhat of a skill tree and not an actual 3rd class. I'm just somewhat against the idea of a 3rd class. Of course, that's only gonna be so if it's done wrong: I've played another MMO that's really popular here in my country (and now it is hosted too by Warpportal) but balancing issues came a bit out of hand when 3rd classes were introduced, as of course, it'll be harder to balance more classes. It was a quite dreadful then. Why not though; never know without a try. I'd hate to halt progress especially when it's not even going that far yet. :p_laugh:

--------------------------------------

Getting back to the topic about the Clerics. After reading this thread about the current situation about Clerics, it made me falter a little regarding my little one (a Cleric). I already have an idea about how bad the feeling is being a Cleric, so now I think I'd just end up quitting mine for competitive play upon reading what's here.

I just hope they'd get treated better generally. As was said before, I think people rely on them too much without being grateful for it. When I first started playing ROSE in this server 2 years ago, I even had no idea about Clerics and stuff. Now heck, it's like people can't progress without one. Maybe a little reading will help.

For some people there, carrying buff potions all the time helps a lot, especially in dungeons. It's a bit expensive for my side since I can't craft some myself, but I am grateful to those who sell them. No need to sit down on the stairs waiting for an angel to arrive. :p_laugh:

To the Clerics I'm with during CoU, sorry if I'd miss taunting one or two spiders hitting you.

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 02 September 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#28 Mystiquef0rce

Mystiquef0rce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Ive been playing fs a bit this past week.. its manageable as long as your enemy doesnt have stat buffs.. no matter how good of a cleric you are you can't compete with a super boosted group.

And I do the scolding in AA when I play... if they dont listen or follow to direction threaten them... im gonna afk, im gonna leave if you dont listen etc

#29 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

dont nerf stat buffs lolol :D

#30 Hinoo

Hinoo

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

Honestly, I think the only problem about cleric is its boring and people expect too much from you, but then again you can just become like MystiqueForce, afk or leave the game if they’re being douche.

If you dont play it cause of low points in AA, then you're doing it wrong lol, I mean cleric can get 200-500pts easily without honor reward. and even when they do a non-charm build (dex or mspd or even BC), they can still get fairly good points, sure it’s less but its higher than average.

If you don’t play it cause you don’t have charm gear, then just get the cheap charm on level 10 gear. I’m sure with just 5b or less you can get easy +55 or even 60.

Why blame the other team having stat buffer? If they can do it, then so do you, and back to my point earlier, just get cheap charm, sure its not as good, but better than nothing.

The other team buffer max their charm stats? Well he sacrificed alot for that, then so should everyone else perhaps, the point here is, everything is do-able by everyone, the only problem is whether you’re committed to it or not, I mean why blame or nerf someone who works hard to get their gear, when you can do it yourself too, but you’re just lazy or “have better things to spent on”. It’s not like only he can get Max Charm buffer but you can’t, you can you just don’t want to. And for this reason, you want to nerf the max buffer?

And also bear in mind you’re playing cleric, ofcourse peoples expect you to buff and heals, if you hate being healer and buffer, theres tons other class, and if you love it, but keep being harassed by their bullsh*t even when you’re doing your best, you can leave the game or even report them, cause its not just in ROSE even irl theres always going to be someone whose ignorant and full of negativity.

If you think everyone dies too fast because of high damage output, I've been to a game where a cleric heals 3mils++, so tell me, if the damage too high, how to heal that much? the game is somewhat balance, the only unbalance thing is, sometimes one team have better buffer or team in general compare to the other, so why dont work more on how to balance team comp instead? cause its harder to do that compare to keep nerfing sh*ts and forcing everyone to gear differently each time they do and makes somethings useless at some point like Max INT gear etc?

PS: Please don’t quote me asking for a reply if you don’t even bother to get +15honor gears and some charm gear as cleric first

TL:DR: Don't whine just because you aren't committed to the game compare to the others who does, thats just plain unfair and stupid.

#31 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

I'm a cleric and i have max charm buffs.. the problem here is when you only have puny cleric buffs and the other group has max stat buffs.. how fair is that? and yes it is do-able, but only a handful of people has stat buffs right now and not everyone has it. so when they join a game it tremendously increases their team's fighting potential. i can even memorize all the characters who has stat buffs right now who are active in AA.  

there were even times that the FS just gives up and afks because the enemy team has all stat buffs.. is that fair? is that fun?

And when the team with just cleric buffs do chooses to fight back they get killed in like 5 seconds.. is it fair? is it fun?

i bet its fun for the ones who has stat buffer on their team coz they get lots of kills.. but its very frustrating to the cleric.. no matter how good you are you can't compete with a stat buffer group (unless you have a team full of AOES who knows what to do)

when my team has stat buffs its just too easy i don't even need to heal my team mates thus giving me low points. its just too boring. The best AAs i had were the ones where both teams  has only cleric buffs. both sides were EQUALLY matched., and clashes don't last for 5 seconds.

here decide who is gonna own who:

aNMxRQ9.jpg  rcgmsOZ.jpg

#32 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

You have different equipment on between those buffs, or I would calculate the differences. I can tell by a few things

PvP offense is 10% higher

Magic Defense barely changed

Pierce Magic changed [only change-able by equipment]

PvP Defense also changed [down]

Post the screens using the same EQ for accurate results. 

#33 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:38 PM

the one with the stat buffs i had no clan skills... the one with just cleric buffs has clan skills

actually i was wearing my better gear with the cleric buff only~ but looking at the values the one buff stated still wins.. but if you want ill post later you'll see the stat buffed SS will be even higher

#34 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:39 AM

i rarelly play with any of my Accs nowadays :D, but yeah ... cleric class only thing is, having a full charm set, spam heals and stay in one place, and done :\ .... that's how was my experience wen i tried CD with my cleric for first time .... cleric atm is a boring class, because u just have one objetive, even if u get full equipment still die easly .... other reason why cleric nw isnt active is cuz most of players switched to offensive classes, lets see

Dungeons, what u need to do with cleric, just buff and the rest can do the work (mostly in SC), PvP GA, stay in a spot spamming heals (buttoms) until one of the teams dies ....

but yeah what i just know is, most ppl changed to a offensive class (mostly raider only) because the nerfs

some reasons why is this happening is because the nerfs, equipments, unbalanced damage and def

but also this topic (no clerics) brings no lvl spots, almost no DGs or GA PvP, mostly the stuffs in Rose

because of mostly this and cuz i was bored with the game, i quit Rose v.v even tho i still check forums for see if something that makes me impressed .... unlucky i dont even see a simple thing that would impress me ... everything still the same :\

#35 NoClericHere

NoClericHere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

What Happened to the IM skills? It's been about 4 years but back then you would buy the IM skills to save skill points. Then you could have a fast/strong healer.... Now you have to have maxed skills in order to use the IM buffs? and there are two sets of mandatory buffs now ... wasting even more points...wth?

#36 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

IM Versions are the same power, cost no points, and last for 2x the duration. Unique tomes [which combine 2 buffs into 1 cast] cost 0 SP as well, making buffing a faster process, but same duration as the normal buffs [900seconds].

In truth, the buffs cost the same SP as they always have in the Evo Version. 

#37 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

It's an overall damage problem on all classes not just a cleric , and you get someone who will think they know how to play cleric , go into AA once - die tons and quit , 

The only clerics still playing now are the skill full ones who think about how they are playing or the old cleric players who have always played that class , with the high damage output you have to be skill full and know how to counter the offensive classes on a cleric to be any good and survive well - there are a few really good ones at the minute - just most people play cleric once with such a linear idea of how to play one - go charm and spam heals then die . So they play once and give up

Clerics are fun to play, only problem is everyone follows the 'favourite OP' class and all use the same - this game has always been like this , go for the strongest chars , think back to when clerics survivability was scaled too much the wrong way and I could pretty much tank the whole team if played well and then there would be 5-6 clerics on every side 

It's only because now a cleric is a difficult class to play that no so many play anymore - it's still enjoyable and NOT impossible or as bad as some people make it out to be , I just wish there was the overall damage output changed in some way

I mean the heals that give hp recovery +460 for a few seconds I used to use strategically all the time and it helped a lot, now that it gone in one shot easily so it's in affect a useless effect now when the damage is so high  

Clerics are fun to play and not that bad if played well, they are quite a few good clerics around now, it just most people who moan about it on forum, try one thing and give up with cleric. then moan about it on the forums, about how they need to be changed so much and buffs / heals taken away - if they can come with a good decent build, play AA and be a decent cleric then come up with suggestions i would then consider it, 

#38 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

It's an overall damage problem on all classes not just a cleric , and you get someone who will think they know how to play cleric , go into AA once - die tons and quit , 

The only clerics still playing now are the skill full ones who think about how they are playing or the old cleric players who have always played that class , with the high damage output you have to be skill full and know how to counter the offensive classes on a cleric to be any good and survive well - there are a few really good ones at the minute - just most people play cleric once with such a linear idea of how to play one - go charm and spam heals then die . So they play once and give up

Clerics are fun to play, only problem is everyone follows the 'favourite OP' class and all use the same - this game has always been like this , go for the strongest chars , think back to when clerics survivability was scaled too much the wrong way and I could pretty much tank the whole team if played well and then there would be 5-6 clerics on every side 

It's only because now a cleric is a difficult class to play that no so many play anymore - it's still enjoyable and NOT impossible or as bad as some people make it out to be , I just wish there was the overall damage output changed in some way

I mean the heals that give hp recovery +460 for a few seconds I used to use strategically all the time and it helped a lot, now that it gone in one shot easily so it's in affect a useless effect now when the damage is so high  

Clerics are fun to play and not that bad if played well, they are quite a few good clerics around now, it just most people who moan about it on forum, try one thing and give up with cleric. then moan about it on the forums, about how they need to be changed so much and buffs / heals taken away - if they can come with a good decent build, play AA and be a decent cleric then come up with suggestions i would then consider it, 

That might be true, but I know you. You are an excellent cleric, always were. You have the money to buy the best gears, and to constantly reset your build until you find one that works for you. What about those that can't do that? It's horrible sometimes going into GA on a max level cleric, but with no max buffs. There you are trying to get honor points to get items you need to make your character better. Or maybe you want to sell them to buy gears you need to improve your cleric, and what you get is abused and harassed, until you don't want to play it anymore. This is what I am partially talking about. People in GA are so used to clerics with max buffs, that if you go in, and you don't have them, or don't have buffs at all because you decided to try something different, you get nothing but trashed. The dependancy on max buffs is what is partly the problem. I have no doubt that is partly due to the damage thing you talked about, but I don't believe that is entirely the case. This game has always been that way, (since I have been playing), where clerics were deemed unuseful, if they didn't have the best buffs.

Edited by pdfisher, 03 September 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#39 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

I miss UW when you could just buff yourself with your own cleric

#40 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:39 AM

if i see a +65 buffing cleric i know its by 99% a bad cleric, tbh.

all i'm saying about "max buffs"...

#41 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

That might be true, but I know you. You are an excellent cleric, always were. You have the money to buy the best gears, and to constantly reset your build until you find one that works for you. What about those that can't do that? It's horrible sometimes going into GA on a max level cleric, but with no max buffs. There you are trying to get honor points to get items you need to make your character better. Or maybe you want to sell them to buy gears you need to improve your cleric, and what you get is abused and harassed, until you don't want to play it anymore. This is what I am partially talking about. People in GA are so used to clerics with max buffs, that if you go in, and you don't have them, or don't have buffs at all because you decided to try something different, you get nothing but trashed. The dependancy on max buffs is what is partly the problem. I have no doubt that is partly due to the damage thing you talked about, but I don't believe that is entirely the case. This game has always been that way, (since I have been playing), where clerics were deemed unuseful, if they didn't have the best buffs.

thats not 100% true either, i would say its quite alot about how you play and position etc now and stop your self from dieing considering the damage output is so high,

but its just the fact that quite a few clerics ive spoke to and asked about my gear etc and what I use and ive had people ask friends who play clerics too.

they just want to copy what everyone else is wearing and using and pretty much be a clone - TRUST ME if you look at stats that you dont even think a cleric would bother with, then you can find out interesting things and how it works well... not down the patch of 30 charm mprecovery rate on everything!.... that wont get you anywhere, even if you have pvp honor gear

all i say is think outside the box and try different things

#42 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

Stop giving away free hints matt... even though i told the whole secret before...

#43 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

FS Clerics are complicated to play now, well somewhat if you don't know the mechanics of the heals. Its interesting to play, but due to the attitude of some people in the game (which is a lot of them), which pretty much can't be helped, it makes it boring. There was one time i had a horrible experience where one guy questioned me for not having max buffs (i simply don't want to have that although my build is like that) and says he has that so he's better than me. I got so pissed, i just left the dungeon and raged quit the entire game.

I think what's wrong with why how low clerics are now is cuz of how they are treated. Its a very side character. The only things we do is buff and they can pretty much do the rest of whatever they want to do with little of the cleric's help. Basically they are just using and not appreciating how FS plays (well in my book anyway)

To me, playing my cleric is fun, to a certain extend. That's why i rarely play it in dungeon anymore. Plus the amount of disrespect for the class is really just annoying me so much. I can get scold so many times for not doing this or that so yeah... I also rarely play AA because of balance issues, if i was the only one inside, its no fun. If both teams have, somehow i will get the team with more clerics and end up me not doing much thus boring. All in all, it can be fun, but only to a certain extend

#44 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

If I level another cleric, I'll outright refuse to be a buffstick. I'll focus on being a healer, not a stat stick to be abused by other people, that's for sure. 

#45 fruestrated

fruestrated

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

Anyways why does a cleric doesnt receive any points for healing himself? I get tank tank heal heal but no points for me ?

#46 fruestrated

fruestrated

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

You see? heres a clear example of bad mouthing

#47 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

You get points for healing done. Just not Damage Tanked, or else people would play Knights more. 

#48 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

i'll stick to the un-maxed buff, once i know a cleric gives +65 buffs he will be one on the top of my kill list

#49 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

I am still playing cleric, but its indeed getting more boring. Cause of the survibilty issue and also because often people only want max buffs and otherwise people start scolding. I agree there need things to change.
In dungeon i enjoy playing cleric, but i mainly group with friends.
Pvp like AA is mostly enjoyable if you got enough speed to run when you getting targetted. But being the buffslave isnt really enjoyable.
Even tho i still like to buff people to help them.
Yet we need changes to make sure that the cleric class doesnt get abused cause of their max buffs.

#50 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:29 AM

Sadly this is a problem that does not only exist in ROSE. Clerics suffer from people with very bad attitude towards them in any MMO there is.

Sayings like :

"You noob, you can't even manage to heal all of us all the time".

"I just died because this stupid cleric was not able to resurrect me".

" Let's kick the cleric and look for a better one. This one is not even able to keep us buffed all the time".

"Wait, our cleric doesn't have the maximum buff skills (heal skills/resurrect skills) yet?! Kick him/her out of the party."

"Holy, this cleric wants to join our dungeon run in THIS gear??! No way. Get yourself fully geared up and after that we can talk about maybe taking you with us."

Sounds familiar in one way or another?

I haven't been in any dungeon in ROSE yet, but I bet I get to read at least 2 sayings randomly picked out of my example. And I hate this.

I'm not even playing a cleric (healer) class in any MMO, but I always support them.

A cleric is a human being too and like any other players they have to level up their class, their skills and learn how to do it. It's not like : oh a cleric level 1, fully stacked, with all skills on maximum and of course super duper gear. And to point one thing out, a cleric (or soon to be one) can't learn anything if nobody let's him/her learn (aka if nobody takes them with them in their party). Even you do not get the dungeon done in lightspeed and even if you have to help said cleric by telling him what to look after for. It is not 100% only  (actually it is nearly never) a clerics fault if a dungeon run ends up with some dead people. The best ever and most stacked cleric there is simply can't heal 3 people at the same time that are in three different rooms....just saying.

Being a cleric is much harder as many people think and it sadly is the class the most people bash on/ the class that gets to hear the most insultings in any MMO.

Yes, I'm sure there needs changes to be done in ROSE too. In the way of supporting the clerics game wise.

But one of the changes can be implemented quite easy: respect and manners and sometimes a little help.

The best part is: you guys don't even need any staff for this, you  can implement this on your own already . :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 04 September 2015 - 02:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users