Where are all the clerics? - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where are all the clerics?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#51 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:19 AM

Sadly this is a problem that does not only exist in ROSE. Clerics suffer from people with very bad attitude towards them in any MMO there is.

Sayings like :

"You noob, you can't even manage to heal all of us all the time".

"I just died because this stupid cleric was not able to resurrect me".

" Let's kick the cleric and look for a better one. This one is not even able to keep us buffed all the time".

"Wait, our cleric doesn't have the maximum buff skills (heal skills/resurrect skills) yet?! Kick him/her out of the party."

"Holy, this cleric wants to join our dungeon run in THIS gear??! No way. Get yourself fully geared up and after that we can talk about maybe taking you with us."

Sounds familiar in one way or another?

I haven't been in any dungeon in ROSE yet, but I bet I get to read at least 2 sayings randomly picked out of my example. And I hate this.

I'm not even playing a cleric (healer) class in any MMO, but I always support them.

A cleric is a human being too and like any other players they have to level up their class, their skills and learn how to do it. It's not like : oh a cleric level 1, fully stacked, with all skills on maximum and of course super duper gear. And to point one thing out, a cleric (or soon to be one) can't learn anything if nobody let's him/her learn (aka if nobody takes them with them in their party). Even you do not get the dungeon done in lightspeed and even if you have to help said cleric by telling him what to look after for. It is not 100% only  (actually it is nearly never) a clerics fault if a dungeon run ends up with some dead people. The best ever and most stacked cleric there is simply can't heal 3 people at the same time that are in three different rooms....just saying.

Being a cleric is much harder as many people think and it sadly is the class the most people bash on/ the class that gets to hear the most insultings in any MMO.

Yes, I'm sure there needs changes to be done in ROSE too. In the way of supporting the clerics game wise.

But one of the changes can be implemented quite easy: respect and manners and sometimes a little help.

The best part is: you guys don't even need any staff for this, you  can implement this on your own already . :p_smile:

tbh it do exists but rarelly happens

one thing that's screwing up the clerics in my opinion is the buffs (max stats and etc) and the damage output ._.

i do have read many posts here, even tho everyone already, even tho not only me but others players suggested many reworks for clerics

in this case instead be what this player said about clerics, clerics says about the rework:

- no please, dont changed the buffs, i wasted billions of zulies just for get the charm equipment

- if they change anything to cleric that affect the buffs (charm example) i will quit rose

some players here gave good suggestions for make cleric maybe better then RIGHT NOW, unlucky the answere was always the same

My opinion about cleric, it isnt about only buffs, but many players see the cleric as a buff machine only, the heals and etc they just trow away like trash.

Clerics just have one build, ONE, what's the fun in playing a class that just have one build that everyone use? ._.

again in my opinion cleric needs a rework, wait not need, it must have a rework, there's no more answeres like "i quit rose" or "i wasted billions of zulies", it must have a rework, it might was fun wile maybe farming the set, but it is fun keeping with a set that doesnt have enough def? what will the newbies learn about cleric? they dont even know how to use them, because what we just say is, we give stats that they MUST need to have, equipment info and etc, wile in the end, is not us who are dying in the game, is them because, they dont know how to manage a cleric, there will be a time wen they will give up in cleric or even in the game.

but also is not only cleric that need rework, is most of the game

Quests

Others Classes (maybe)

Damage output

Bosses after balances and monsters

maybe dungeons?

PvP arenas (after balance too lel)

but anyway i think about the rework im going too much offtopic ^^"

about buffs, idk maybe a class that buffs (more then cleric buffs wich means making cleric buffs to a max % (IM buffs will give maybe 5% more and 2x more time) and buffs skill points cost 0.5 (instead 1 cuz 1 for cleric is much)), soo instead we go to PvP arenas with those max stats and other team without those max stats, both teams can have same stats without add any charm in it (let the negative posts come)

now about buff class

- is not allow to join PvP

- is not allow to join Dungeons

joining pvp and Dungeons with a buff class would be too much op, because the attacks and etc would be bigger then the normal (normal cleric buffs) but, since it can be used like in pvp outside (TG or PK zones) and also bosses (farming) it could speed up the farming and also enjoy the buffs abuse outside instead in pvp zones and dungeons

for clerics dont be mad if buff class would be implement, clerics buffs wouldnt get more bonus even if add 1 charm or more (charm stat wouldnt affect buffs and heals), INT would affect heals powers by maybe 1/2x wile DEX would affect 0.5x, Buff class, having charm set will affect the buffs in that class, making have the most op buffs in the game (making that class like a portable buffer instead having cleric)

there's other suggestion i have about buffs, but yeah instead having a cleric always switching to charm set why not having one set and focus in heals and etc wile both teams have same buffs %?

idk if i could like do a suggestion here ^^" sry pam, and i might be like confusing lots

#52 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

So far from this thread we can all conclude several things that we ALL agree on.

1: Damage is too high

2: Buffs have too much impact

3: Clerics get abused if they're not up to max buffs.

Am I wrong? 

#53 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:51 AM

Not more or less than other classes or high priority targets!

#54 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:06 AM

But do those other high priority targets get disrespected and insulted if they fail their task? as harshly as a FS does? 

#55 TheRaiderIII

TheRaiderIII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:U serious tho?

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:12 AM

In PvP area's (beside TG, DoD and ruins) just create an automatic buff spawn... Let's say you walk in that specific area and get all buffs +58. If the other side got a cleric with +65 buffs, yeah cool, they have worked to earn that +65 buffs. Difference between those 2 sides ain't that much if you look at +40 vs +65.

That way you don't have to wait for a cleric to start a game... (yh ok... it does start... but what's the point of not having buffs and waiting for a cleric for damn 30min in GA...)

That way you will appreciate a cleric who's focusing on healing the team

That way they won't be buffslaves

That way they don't have to swapping their fking gear all the time (no offense, but you came to play a game not to buff every single person who dies and swap gear each sec)...

That way the cleric can focus on buying PvP/PvM equipment instead of having both max charm and a battle gear...

Same stuff in dungeons…

And in PvM? Why do you need buff spawns there? You don't need a cleric, just use pots... Then you will be like damn... I should have got a cleric helping me...

And the only underestimated job is a visitor…. But I don’t see people crying about how weak they are….

#56 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:13 AM

So far from this thread we can all conclude several things that we ALL agree on.

Am I wrong? 

Looks like you have it nailed Feuer. Now, what if anything, can we do about it?

#57 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

There's plenty we can do about it, the options themselves are endless. The question is, do the staff care enough about our entertainment pleasure to do something about it. 

#58 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

The attitude is something only the community can do something about - true but we can't change everyone's attitude in the game.  The best way to change the attitude is to not make everyone so dependent on the clerics.  Which takes us back to buffs and spreading the buffs out between all of the classes, or another way to take the buff dependence off of clerics.

In another game I played the tanks will get as much trash talking as the healers.  The major difference was that each class had a "buff" of some sort to contribute to the group if going into instances/dungeons.  The only main thing the healer contributed was heals and some other supportive skills. And the healer could actually use some offensive skills against the mobs, but their damage was not as high as a DPS class.  There were a variety of different healer classes and a variety of skills that they could get.  Also instances/dungeons only allowed so many of each class to enter. But the game does not have buffs per se for everything like Rose does.  A number of "buffs" or enhancements were for yourself alone and did not make as much difference as is seen in Rose between a buffed and unbuffed char.  And some were for the group.  I did not participate in the PVP servers or areas though so no idea there.  But it is fun to play one of the healing classes in that game.  You are essential and a part of the action.  

That is what I want for Rose.  The cleric to be an essential part of the action but not break or make the game (dungeon, AA, etc.).  It might be best to actually get rid of buffs entirely and just have self buffs that make sense for the class using them (example mspd for raiders, def for knights, etc.) Or take all of the present buffs we have and dole them out to all of the classes to use as party buffs.  I know people will rage but if it helps balance things better then do it (even though I will lose a lot because of it).

I really don't know what would work out the best but I would be willing to try a variety of things to help improve the game and cleric game play in general.

#59 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

I'm only going to disagree with the fact that it's our attitudes that need to change, in a small way. Attitude comes from opinion, opinion based on a reaction to the circumstances. Change the circumstances, change the opinions, and change the attitudes. We can pretend all we want to be hopeful or happy, that doesn't get the problem fixed really. so *shrug* personally, I'd rather the poor conduct continue until the staff does something, or the game dies, cause at this rate, the fun is slowly eroding. 

#60 Arynn

Arynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

I have noticed the complaints about the lack of FS clerics, and so I have a question for the community. Why have the number of active FS clerics dropped so much? What is the reason that people have people stopped playing them? If you used to play an active FS cleric, and stopped, please feel free to post why. I am curious as to if this is something that can be fixed. I will start. I used to play a FS cleric, and stopped when it got to the point that playing CD on her was too stressful. I would have a team of about 10 or so, and they would all run off in different directions, then yell at me to heal or res them. If I failed, they called me names. So I switched to Champ.

Only reason why I quit playing FS is I got max pts with everything already bought from the honor shops (all 4 diff sets, some weapons)  :ph34r: so I play scout nowadays. and I can also name a few other cleric who quit cause of the same reason and decided to play other class instead.

and from my experience, clerics probably one of the easiest class to get honor points, dunno why you people whine its hard to play :waddle:

and not to mention I rarely group too and I dont have issues having trouble getting points. sure, sometimes the team is unbalanced, but doesn't mean its unplayable, I've played and won where we died like 5 waves before winning, and yes its after the crystal "buff" not the weak one. sometimes you just need to lure etc, and guide your teamates, play as a team, sometimes your winner teammates points is lower than the defender who lost, but its still a win. only problem I see nowadays, lots of them dont even bother to try and just sit there afk, wish they implement a way to vote kick or something for PvP game arena.

and ofcourse sometimes you get rude teammates, I for one, arent very good at patience, I sometimes trashtalked back and sometimes I left. but that's just normal, you can find them in every game and even in real life.

And again sorry I'm just voicing out my opinions, don't bash me. and my opinions is based on experience and I can even prove it with screenshots or just ask people around I'm sure they experienced it too at some point.

Edited by Arynn, 04 September 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#61 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

We have no problem with you voicing your opinon, but the term whining could have been left out, as I saw none here. Keep it respectful, or don't bother posting.

#62 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

#63 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

In my opinion, the apparent main reason is people's attitude to clerics. Bad guys outnumber polite players. Both in PvP &PvM.

I have no comment on GA games or such, it's personal taste & experience.

#64 gio2go

gio2go

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Server:Polaris, Draconis, Arua

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:11 PM

The attitude is something only the community can do something about - true but we can't change everyone's attitude in the game.  The best way to change the attitude is to not make everyone so dependent on the clerics.  Which takes us back to buffs and spreading the buffs out between all of the classes, or another way to take the buff dependence off of clerics.

I'm only going to disagree with the fact that it's our attitudes that need to change, in a small way. Attitude comes from opinion, opinion based on a reaction to the circumstances. Change the circumstances, change the opinions, and change the attitudes. We can pretend all we want to be hopeful or happy, that doesn't get the problem fixed really. so *shrug* personally, I'd rather the poor conduct continue until the staff does something, or the game dies, cause at this rate, the fun is slowly eroding. 

In my opinion, the apparent main reason is people's attitude to clerics. Bad guys outnumber polite players. Both in PvP &PvM.

I have no comment on GA games or such, it's personal taste & experience.

Opinions about clerics and in some ways the in game comments are directly fed by the developers through the cleric summons "weak" "heal" etc... not good!

btw... are the cleric summons still make those degrading comments? :)

#65 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:44 PM

I think removing some buffs from clerics really isn't the answer - to be totally honest I don't know why so many people are complaining about them - they are ok really... It's just as I said before - most people follow the OP class like a sheep - if they boosted clerics a lot like before then you would see loads being played , it's just because they are not taking the time to work out how to play a cleric well and effectively
This is proof by some clerics that you see play all the time for years and they have always been good :)

#66 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Co. USA

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:51 PM

I for one like the buffs that clerics have as is.  I have no issues at all playing a cleric, as a matter of fact, my cleric is my best char for doing dungeons anymore. ;)

#67 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

no problem with the regular buffs just the stat buffs

#68 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

There are 2 things that could happen that would help clerics right off.  increase the cleric mspd some and fix the dam crit lock animation.  If we are being ganged by a few raiders we get that crit lock thing and can't heal ourselves.  If we could heal and try to run some it would help some or keep us alive until help can come.

#69 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:32 PM

Running isn't a problem, if you chuck a rat tail and speed stats you can get a high enough speed if that's the build and play style you want to us - however the 'crit lock' I 100% agree with , if you get a good few raiders on you - no matter how much you spam a heal it just doesn't do anything! Also if you click to run away , sometimes you have to re click a different spot for it to work - strange

#70 fruestrated

fruestrated

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

dont mean clerics not play they quit.. we have other char too we want to gear

#71 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:54 PM

and once again, people are looking for solutions in a pvp wise situation, can someone please come up with a pvm one already? ^^lll

Like seriously, i know majority of people are pvp players but come on

#72 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

^ I dont think Clerics have problem in PVM, as long as you are geared (plus the damage reduction gem 220)  then its fine.

I always run in SC with my cleric using Rein +15 w/ GRC and I can tank mobs on the way.

#73 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

^ I dont think Clerics have problem in PVM, as long as you are geared (plus the damage reduction gem 220)  then its fine.

I always run in SC with my cleric using Rein +15 w/ GRC and I can tank mobs on the way.

i didn't say that clerics has a problem in dungeon, i'm saying that some dungeons, can't be done without one. That's the kind of idea that i would like to know. 

#74 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

Am I wrong? 

LOL

Im just checking the forum while not being active since a few now on this game... and as I can see... absolutly nothing changed at all.

Yes Feuer is right, yes a few players (and i was definitly part of it) kept repeating it over and over again but some stupid white knights kept denying to defend their oh so precious GM... and yes I fking got tired of being so right... and kept being ignored by the oh so all mighty team who obviously don't want to do -_- to improve their game. They believe to know better that their own players, how fking mad is that?

And about all those ppl who are telling themselves after several months of reflexion "woooaaaah Feuer is right... but but... what can we do about it?"

Damage is too high -> nerf damages

Buffs have too much impact -> nerf buffs and balance mobs attributes to players stats (no need to do that on pvp... as unbuffed pvp itself is very much viable)

Clerics get abused... blahblah -> make buffs have 1 sp requierement and 1 lvl only to let clerics be able to have various builds (defensive... battle... summons.... whatever rox ur sox)

and do not forget to nerf stat buffers to the ground.

ty gg... and cya around, with me obviously noticing that nothing has changed once again... you bunch of rocket scientists.

#75 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

LOL

Im just checking the forum while not being active since a few now on this game... and as I can see... absolutly nothing changed at all.

Yes Feuer is right, yes a few players (and i was definitly part of it) kept repeating it over and over again but some stupid white knights kept denying to defend their oh so precious GM... and yes I fking got tired of being so right... and kept being ignored by the oh so all mighty team who obviously don't want to do -_- to improve their game. They believe to know better that their own players, how fking mad is that?

And about all those ppl who are telling themselves after several months of reflexion "woooaaaah Feuer is right... but but... what can we do about it?"

Damage is too high -> nerf damages

Buffs have too much impact -> nerf buffs and balance mobs attributes to players stats (no need to do that on pvp... as unbuffed pvp itself is very much viable)

Clerics get abused... blahblah -> make buffs have 1 sp requierement and 1 lvl only to let clerics be able to have various builds (defensive... battle... summons.... whatever rox ur sox)

and do not forget to nerf stat buffers to the ground.

ty gg... and cya around, with me obviously noticing that nothing has changed once again... you bunch of rocket scientists.

how 2 tl;dr ft. CharasX, mostly i agree with u mate ;o and the sp requierement idea is not bad tho :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users