September 9th Classic Patch Notes - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 9th Classic Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

We party other people and level up killing monsters, helping newbies grow so they can then move on to killing players.

Someone has to do it, Ed.

#102 HodorTheGod

HodorTheGod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:55 AM

I party with people, I play and socialize with new players, what does this have to do with anything?

fyi, I've seen your idea of helping. Tossing god items and mvp items onto new players and then yelling at them when they don't do their job with the best gears is not helping. You've been ruining people's killing experience more than anything j/s. Anyways, you're pulling me off-topic with you.

All I'm saying is, there is no reason you guys can not continue pvming just because 5~10/100 players wants to pvp and be rewarded for having fun. Realize how ridiculous your guys argument and paranoia is j/s.

Not Ed stop being paranoid Xellie.

Edited by HodorTheGod, 12 September 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#103 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:58 AM

BG supplies already destabilized the WoE situation and honestly what you're asking isn't even possible (supplies limited to bg/woe).

iRO is not a woe only server, please stop treating it as such.

#104 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

btw GD is pvp

just sayin'

#105 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

So guild boxes need to be removed from guild dungeon?

Got It, you heard the woman camp. Get to it.

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

irrelevant

It should however, be globally accessible. We have been proposing other ways to gain GSBs, one of which includes a pve map for killing other players whilst you get exp, thereby benefiting more than just the people who afk people's alts to get supply (be that afk and doing nothing, or afk and spammign the chat, if you know what I mean)

#107 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:03 PM

There's already more than enough reward in BG with mid-tier armours, weapons and accessories, rations and such. GSBs would be incentivising it to such an extent that there wouldn't really even be a need for PvM farming anymore, and it would end up like Renewal TIs where the world is empty and people just log in for a couple of hours to get what they need and then vanish for the rest of the week. BG shouldn't be the only place people need to go to supply for WoE. Already discussed how it would be a detriment to newbies so not gonna cover that again.

It's true that GSBs shouldn't be limited to GD. As I put forward earlier and as others have requested previously, they should be expanded to drop from a bunch of mid to high tier dungeons to get people out and doing stuff in parties, farming other things simultaneously to boost the market with.

imo they should just remove whites and blues from BG because it's stupid custom -_- and GSBs essentially solved the problem of supply acquisition anyway. They drop at such a good rate that there's often surplus on the market. If they expand it to other, more freely accessible dungeons then all the better. That WoE pot stuff still being in there is a placeholder from when supply was hard to get en-masse and brewing hadn't been somewhat streamlined with those mat packages.

Either that or make the BG supplies BG/PvP-only, so people have limitless supplies for their precious infighting, and the guild stuff like WoE is kept separate and reliant upon teamwork in PvM to farm and supply for! XD

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 13 September 2015 - 02:00 AM.

#108 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

There's a few things I think that drag the potential of battlegrounds down on this server:

• Lack of players, almost every time it gets started it's done with shouts and a pile of alts.
  • Rewards, there's a handful of different things in there for people. But you've got people who are just looking to get items for PvM (weapons, medals for smiths etc), you've got people who are only there to get some blues for siege (some people doing it with multiple characters at once) and then you've got the much smaller group of players who go there to fight for fun. The first two groups are much larger than the second leading to a lot of people who just dont care. It doesnt really represent everyone for sure, but most players fall into those three groups I'd say.
  • The cost of participating can be high, using your own supplies gets expensive fast and it's pretty miserable to use anything other than Pumpkins because you can just not participate for the same rewards if people are willing to use their own supplies on the other side.
  • The battleground types themselves are just not that fun or interesting. Tierra is "ok", Flavius is garbage and that's it basically. Conquest would be a really neat competitive option, it'd be quite a stretch to get it implemented any time soon, but definitely something I'd like to see.

It's a fairly hard problem to solve and I dont think we're ever going to get the type of gameplay I've seen people talk about on a lot of private servers. I was hoping we would be able to get the test server up with built in USRC rulesets, BGs and PvP rooms. So that way people would be able to have a place to go where handing out infinite supplies didnt effect the server and had hard limits on what people were able to do.

Because of how many people just AFK in BGs right now I dont think adding anything more than the already free blues is a good idea. If however we want to revisit the entire BG reward system or find a way to make sure that 16/16 people participating are actually trying I think it would be a great idea and would support it. The point that the only real way to earn supplies is to PvM is valid, but it was always added to encourage people to participate in more areas of the game, what we really need is something similar to encourage more people to participate in battlegrounds for something they cant get elsewhere.

One thing the server still lacks is KVM. Lots of people have had bad experiences with KVMs implementation in the past but I feel that it's something that would be useful as a long term goal for people. I have no interest in arguing about the rings/weapons but even just the armor is a good place for people to start at. There's plenty of people who dont have access to GR/DR and the KVM armor set provides a step up from regular gear and gives them something to work towards. The more I talk to people about the jRO Link system the stronger I think it would be for us to employ an adapted version here.

#109 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:15 PM

Make BG white and blue for BG use only. We have white pot NPC-ed, and slim pot vended. Blues shod not be farmable in BG. If it's too hard, remove blue, white is ok

#110 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:45 AM

To increase the activity in BG, I think to start off you should make the reward for winning 5x greater than losing. Like 4 badges for losing, 20 for winning. And I'll also say that, although there is an AFKing problem, BG is still fun to participate in. More activity would just make it better.

Just gotta find the balance between being fair for people who can't win, and incentivizing the A-_-. (edit: lol afk ers)

Also, 0.787% is incredibly insignificant.

And I just have to throw this out there. Themes is probably the most unbiased poster here.

Edited by squirreI, 13 September 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#111 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:45 AM

To increase the activity in BG, I think to start off you should make the reward for winning 5x greater than losing. Like 4 badges for losing, 20 for winning. And I'll also say that, although there is an AFKing problem, BG is still fun to participate in. More activity would just make it better.

Just gotta find the balance between being fair for people who can't win, and incentivizing the A-_-. (edit: lol afk ers)

And I just have to throw this out there. Themes is probably the most unbiased poster here.

He basically said the same thing as Zleep and I, just in a more verbose manner.

Knowing that a new BG/bg changes are super unlikely (and some of the changes being requested are impossible) has nothing to do with biases. Facts and logic are amazing things to act on. Look at how long the challenge dungeon stuff is taking/how that is going and take a guess how altering bg will work.

I personally don't think bg is fun in its current state and will never amount to more than a farm fest. The reasoning put forward by the people supporting it in that "it'll improve woe participation" is nothing more than hyperbole, because they are speaking on behalf of unknown people/people they don't speak to.

Edited by Xellie, 13 September 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#112 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:41 AM

What's with these attacks? Didn't do anything to deserve this.

#113 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:50 AM

Most people here read Tirades bro. We all know about the stuff you say and do XD

#114 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:50 AM

if you're going to indirectly call everyone biased, I think you should own up to offending people :p_laugh:

#115 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:02 AM

K. Not really even my intention. Let me try another compliment/indirect insult though, let me see..

Most of you are beautiful people.

#116 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:13 AM

Apology accepted :p_idea:

#117 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:31 AM

If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean.

#118 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

Adding WOE slim potions would significantly increase BG/WOE activity and most likely bring more guilds to the server. The amount of time and tedious work required to supply for two back to back WOEs turns a lot of people away. Being able to supply yourself in a fun and carefree way should be an option. 

#119 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:25 AM

You could still make potted supplies  better by making BG supplies weigh a little more, which would still allow people to make money off of potting.

CX4Tc9L.jpgb5inEc7.jpg

WoE Whites already weigh significantly more than slims. 2.5x more in fact. WoE Blues on the other hand weigh about 2.15x LESS than their brewed and cash shop "light blue" counterparts.

WoE Blues really are unbalanced in that way. They should be made vastly heavier to match the ratio of White -> Slims or removed entirely.

Also I'd like to point out that for afk losing one round of BG right now, you can get up to 250 WoE Whites or 150 WoE Blues. That's doing nothing but sitting on your ass at the spawn and waiting for other people to close the round for you. If you're so lucky as to afk a win, that's 500 WoE Whites or 300 WoE Blues. Let's not even get into botting BG for supplies which seems to be a very popular pastime with a select few guilds in recent months.

No matter how heavy you make WoE Potions, you'll never balance or account for the sheer quantity of them that you can get from literally just tabbing out of BG for 5mins versus taking the time to prepare mats and brew that same amount. No comparison.

Adding WOE slim potions would significantly increase BG/WOE activity and most likely bring more guilds to the server. The amount of time and tedious work required to supply for two back to back WOEs turns a lot of people away. Being able to supply yourself in a fun and carefree way should be an option. 

lol you totally just contradicted yourself

And it's not hard to supply. You just don't play iRO enough to PvM farm and brew properly for your guild since you're off on pservers for the week (which I guess accounts for your desire to mould iRO into one). Laziness is a big factor too.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 13 September 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#120 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:28 AM

CX4Tc9L.jpgb5inEc7.jpg

WoE Whites already weigh significantly more than slims. 2.5x more in fact. WoE Blues on the other hand weigh about 2.15x LESS than their brewed and cash shop "light blue" counterparts.

WoE Blues really are unbalanced in that way. They should be made vastly heavier to match the ratio of White -> Slims or removed entirely.

lol you totally just contradicted yourself

And it's not hard to supply. You just don't play iRO enough to PvM farm and brew properly for your guild since you're off on pservers for the week (which I guess accounts for your desire to mould iRO into one). Laziness is a big factor too.

+1 make woe blues heavier

Good find

#121 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:26 PM

I do agree that the current win:loss reward ratio is a bit skewed. However with the way the matches usually go (or the BG is designed) its hard to justify making a loss worth nearly nothing. Before the "recent" badge buffs I'd done some heavy work getting a couple of medals, there were times where I would be the only person on my team actually trying and it was miserable to lose 5-6 games in a row to it. Since then rewards have skyrocketed and it's "ok" to lose now even if you're trying because you feel reasonably compensated for your time.

I also agree that having active and rewarding battlegrounds will bring players to iRO. I dont really agree that getting supplies is that hard right now. Turning them into supplies from boxes can be annoying sure, but there's no lack of quick spots to get surplus boxes (there is a gap though and I'd like to see more ways to earn them). Farming enough boxes and potting is fairly time consuming for a solo player, but it really shouldnt be one person supplying a whole guild and you cant balance availability around that. I'd definitely like to see improvements to the potting system but I have yet to see anyone propose anything that is actually implementable.

We discussed this at some point a few weeks/months ago, but what about a temporary BG that was available for people during peak hours (in different timezones NA/EU/BR/SEA). Having it award a different currency that let you trade in for regular badges (at an increased rate) or some types of supplies. I dont really like the idea of limiting the times people can play, but it really helps funnel active players into battlegrounds at the same time and having it show up across most of the major server timezones should make things easier.

The major issue I have right now with battlegrounds is definitely the number of AFK players we have and until we can either get them more active or remove the need for them the more likely I (and others) would be willing to support adding any new supplies to battlegrounds. It's a bit of an endless loop because I'm sure if supplies were added more people would come and be active, but it also draws bots or lazy AFK players which we have no way of dealing with right now. I'm happy to listen to ideas though because I'd love to get involved in battlegrounds more and the one thing holding me back mostly is justifying spending supplies there.

With all that said though I've got a couple of questions for people:

Potting some things right now is miserable, what would be some positive (and possible) changes people would like to see?

What can we do to battlegrounds to encourage more people to participate? (and possibly punish/discourage people who are afking/botting)

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

I don't like bg because I can't get my arranged team.

I don't like bg because characters I need badges on are supportive/useless a lot of the time and aren't on a team capable of winning.

I don't like bg because of the mechanics, the damage is kinda high.

I don't like bg because it's a snore fest.

I don't like bg because I get my pvp jollies elsewhere, and rcx allows them to pseudo mp hack with buff timers

#123 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

Hi,

I honestly believe there shouldn't be any slotted mids that give stats/effect on Classic.
Even something that sounds like a minor addition actually becomes really powerful when put on mids. As of now the black glasses don't give anything and it should really stay so.

Agree on this.

#124 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:37 AM

What can we do to battlegrounds to encourage more people to participate? (and possibly punish/discourage people who are afking/botting)

Make it look like Mario Party's Mini-Games. :ok:

And about GSB:

I don't think the reward from BG should be something that you can convert in zenny, or even just to save your zenny.

Some guys was complaining about not having much time to farm GSB and Brew theyr own supplies, well if you have 1 hour a day to play you can get like 40 GSB using only explosive BBG, if you dont have time to brew or it's to hard to do on your own, you can make a deal with someone to trade raw materials for the supplies (this is a MMO interact is part of the game).

It will be good to farm GSB in other places too, maybe Dimensional Gorge, or this Challenge Dungeon, or any place that a bot can't survive.

#125 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:17 AM

Put GSB drop in Challenge Dungeon and everybody will have acess.

If put the BG pot heal like 30% or 40% more than normal (Ranked is 50%)?

BG will be a Hell...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users