September 9th Classic Patch Notes - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 9th Classic Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#51 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

Yes, classic has default 2x exp but lighthalzen monsters should have increased drops and 3x exp during the event.

#52 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

Just went to bio3 and checked. Definitely not spotlight.

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

Just went to bio3 and checked. Definitely not spotlight.

What are the exp numbers you're seeing and which monsters are you killing? I can check.

#54 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

Sorry I just went to check monster density for him. Not actually doing anything there.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

if mobs are giving like 3m+ per kill as before in spotlight .... there's no real reason to buff the density.

#56 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

Oda please remove the MDEF effect from black frame glasses [1] and remove ninja scroll as well  :p_laugh:

Edited by eboaroli, 09 September 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#57 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:26 AM

Yeah putting Ninja Scroll in the box without consulting the community over its effects... bad form WP. We did NOT need that on our server.

#58 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:09 AM

Although there are some complains about the ninja scroll - wich are comprehensible, yet I'm sure it was put innocently and with the best intentions - IMHO it was a very nice maintenance.

Keep up the good work, i'm proud to see you guys attention with the community feedback and demands, like the Castle DGs and these Morocc drops

#59 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

Can we get battleground WOE supplies and are KVM gears coming out anytime soon?

#60 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:16 AM

-Planning out ideas for our thanksgiving event any ideas on what you want to see?

King Poring, it's been quite some time and it's a very fun one

please keep that costume gargabe out of classic

we don't need renewal's pay2win tendencies here.

What about classic bringing all those costumes, but without any status bonus? What are you guys opinions about this?

I understand it has a "hidding headgear characteristic" on WoE, but I personally see it more as a good than a bad thing- even more on a game known for not showing gear other that the head ones.
Also, it would be a nice interest bump to the boxes, and with the correct type of items IMO concerning real money and gaming.

Edited by Psicratus, 10 September 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#61 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

Did hocus pocus get a ninja nerf?. Out of 62 class changes not a single mvp spawned(only mini bosses).

#62 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

add some stronger mvps in hocus pocus plz.

#63 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

Can we get battleground WOE supplies

God no. And you know why that's a bad idea lol

King Poring, it's been quite some time and it's a very fun one

What about classic bringing all those costumes, but without any status bonus? What are you guys opinions about this?

I understand it has a "hidding headgear characteristic" on WoE, but I personally see it more as a good than a bad thing- even more on a game known for not showing gear other that the head ones.
Also, it would be a nice interest bump to the boxes, and with the correct type of items IMO concerning real money and gaming.

Costumes are actually really nice, and going with the settings on Chaos they'd probably be hidden (normal headgears would show instead) on WoE maps since they lag everyone out. Problem is that we need the Renewal client first.

And yes, no stats <3

#64 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Can we get battleground WOE supplies and are KVM gears coming out anytime soon?

God no. And you know why that's a bad idea lol

Increased woe and battleground activity / competition?

#65 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

Increased woe and battleground activity / competition?

Go farm GSBs and brew. That's what they put them in for. If you don't like that then you shouldn't be asking for free supplies. The whole concept of cheap, readily available BG supplies that require little to no active time investment is pretty much a gigantic middle finger to brewers and people that play this game as it should be played - not people like yourself whom just log on for weekends and reap the rewards that others worked for, not contributing to the game or the server in any meaningful sense, attacking certain members of the community over their unwillingness to play "your" way.

Why should RO be changed on a fundamental level (yes, supply is fundamental) to cater to people like that who refuse to log in 95% of the time, and who would rather buy items with cash than work for them in-game?

Compromise though? Remove WoE Blues from the list of BG supplies. Then you can have all you want since slims are more effective than WoE Whites. Or further address the sheer tedium that is brewing, since it appears to be most of the problem behind complaints RE supplies.

Keep the supply of yggs down and/or put a cooldown on them a-la Renewal while you're at it, @Camp & Oda.

Notice that I didn't say anything about your KvM suggestion so don't requote that as if I mentioned it. I'm pretty much a no on both Glorious Weapons (too strong for this server) and the KvM map (too large to be conducive to good fights) though.

Oh and la la la

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 September 2015 - 04:46 AM.
Removed portion of post. No drama please.

#66 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

I'm fine with renewal items as long as they have just aesthetic (not imba buff).

#67 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

I'd rather let them focus on challenge dungeon and renewal interface than making costumes work.

#68 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

I'd rather let them focus on challenge dungeon and renewal interface than making costumes work.

Inventory lock, more hotkey plz

#69 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:08 PM

Inventory lock, more hotkey plz

Those both come with the Renewal Interface XD

So do costumes!

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:51 AM

No to costumes (the lag/strat/inability of gravity to keep stats off them, just give us more better hats on lower to make cute things)

No to decreasing activity outside of woe/bg

No to removing player income selling gsbs / brewed supplies

No to having to fight bot farms in bg

No to having to compete with bots to enter bg

bg participation is at an all time high. WoE is dead because of population reasons/management reasons. It'll get  deader if they don't address both of these. BG won't fix it. Putting supplies in BG will just hurt non WoE players.

Edited by Xellie, 11 September 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#71 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:25 AM

Hi,

I honestly believe there shouldn't be any slotted mids that give stats/effect on Classic.
Even something that sounds like a minor addition actually becomes really powerful when put on mids. As of now the black glasses don't give anything and it should really stay so.

#72 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:46 AM

How does it hurt non-woe players? Pretty sure outside of bio labs you need a "woe guild" to be able to farm boxes. Any new upcoming guild/players had no means to even gain gsb outside of woe. Yes it's possible to be botted however it's easy to monitor since its segregated. This also gives them a means of obtaining a way to generate zeny; the averge price will fall but supplies have always been reletively unlimited on this server regarding woe.

As much as I'd love a geffenia split for certain monsters. The desired cards/drops here are outweighed by the annoying nature of angels and mini demons. Champs are already overpowered on this server(due to unlimited sp supplies) and making incubus cards even easier to come across isn't the step in the right direction. 

Edit: grammar errors and not adding more walls of text.

No to costumes (the lag/strat/inability of gravity to keep stats off them, just give us more better hats on lower to make cute things)

No to decreasing activity outside of woe/bg

No to removing player income selling gsbs / brewed supplies

No to having to fight bot farms in bg

No to having to compete with bots to enter bg

bg participation is at an all time high. WoE is dead because of population reasons/management reasons. It'll get  deader if they don't address both of these. BG won't fix it. Putting supplies in BG will just hurt non WoE players.

Edited by Xeio, 11 September 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#73 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

How does it hurt non-woe players? Pretty sure outside of bio labs you need a "woe guild" to be able to farm boxes. Any new upcoming guild/players had no means to even gain gsb outside of woe. Yes it's possible to be botted however it's easy to monitor since its segregated. This also gives them a means of obtaining a way to generate zeny; the averge price will fall but supplies have always been reletively unlimited on this server regarding woe.

As much as I'd love a geffenia split for certain monsters. The desired cards/drops here are outweighed by the annoying nature of angels and mini demons. Champs are already overpowered on this server(due to unlimited sp supplies) and making incubus cards even easier to come across isn't the step in the right direction.

Oh my god it's a Doug

#74 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:06 AM

Oh my god it's a Doug

I missed you too jerkface. I mean Sarah.

Ohoho I'll Skype you later and catch up, I'm at work now.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

How does it hurt non-woe players? Pretty sure outside of bio labs you need a "woe guild" to be able to farm boxes. Any new upcoming guild/players had no means to even gain gsb outside of woe. Yes it's possible to be botted however it's easy to monitor since its segregated. This also gives them a means of obtaining a way to generate zeny; the averge price will fall but supplies have always been reletively unlimited on this server regarding woe.

As much as I'd love a geffenia split for certain monsters. The desired cards/drops here are outweighed by the annoying nature of angels and mini demons. Champs are already overpowered on this server(due to unlimited sp supplies) and making incubus cards even easier to come across isn't the step in the right direction. 

Not really in the mood to point out that competing with certain bots to get into BG is stressful, there's a whole other rest of the game out there, play it. Profits are made from brewing bombs and the like. There are ways (should be more) ways to farm GSB outside of WoE.

If you put them in bg people can just afk for their supplies. AFK FOR SUPPLIES. I mean, half of us already do that, but afk for supply, wtf? No.

Expectation : yay fun in bg

Reality : logging on alts/everyones alts/guild alts/friends alts semi afk whilst 2~3 run to the food.

Who would sell those lol? Supplies is already where the majority of zeny changes hands.

Also : not sure how it would increase WoE participation. I think the last few woes have been making it quite clear that nobody wants to play vs *certain people*

Perhaps you would like to talk about real changes that assist people in gearing and levelling and work on woe participation?

Be honest, you folks aren't going to actually pvp for your supplies in bg. Because bg is actually active enough for that right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users