Make all the IM items Non restrictable (tradable) - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Make all the IM items Non restrictable (tradable)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Semitron

Semitron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

It helps for to remove the "P2W" aspect, + you get rid of quite alot of scammers.

Much more people will buy Item Mall points, the lvling will go faster as people will buy beans, an sell on the market, Warportal gets happy, the players gets happy, Itsa WIN WIN situation for all!  :heh:

And we can all welcome ourselves back to Dragonica Europe again  :p_omg:

Wacha think pals?  :p_love:  :p_hi:

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:26 AM

No! This is not gonna happen, seriously. Everything will fall into chaos!

#3 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

And finding a F7 group w/o a JB will be difficult because everyone wants you to have some or no group invite (yay good old days). The JBs are just an example that came into my mind.

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

I never though it is possible because these reasons :

The first thing is that compensation from March - The ring and balloon.

The second thing is that [Event] Unity set.

The third thing is economy breaking.

The fourth thing is that you are not the first person who starts a similar topic.

#5 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

It helps for to remove the "P2W" aspect, + you get rid of quite alot of scammers.

Dragonica FR was a horrible pay-to-win server, with lots of scammers and the ability to trade any item from the cash shop.

Much more people will buy Item Mall points, the lvling will go faster as people will buy beans, an sell on the market, Warportal gets happy, the players gets happy, Itsa WIN WIN situation for all!   :heh:

I need a proof or hint of some sort, else I might think this is utter scam.

And we can all welcome ourselves back to Dragonica Europe again   :p_omg:

This server was run by Gpotato / Webzen and was enough of a pay-to-win server for anyone to desire it to stay dead. No necromancy allowed in this case.

It's a "HELL NO" for me as long as you don't have any argument.

Edited by Homurasan, 02 September 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#6 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

making those items non tradable was specifically done here to prevent people from duplicating items, like it was the case on eu. but if you need insurances they were made buyable  on the market and fairly cheap, much cheaper than those on eu, but also obtainable for exchange for silver coins which you can farm yourself. that and, of course if you want to spend your IM, there is the cash shop.

great thing about this dragonica is that it also has exp weekends, and sometimes enchant and soulcraft events which makes it significantly easier to build your character up.

if you need exp potions, you can exchange your silver coins for new origin gacha and it has a chance to give you  5  1,5exp ones 

Edited by sigeel, 02 September 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#7 Nephryl

Nephryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

That's an awful idea.

It would only improve the pay to win option and there will always be scammers around. EU actually was a disaster in my opinion, everything was so hard to obtain and expensive, and you always had that difference between the cash users and normal folks.
Here I managed to get my character in half year equipped and ready than on 4 years on EU.
Here I used very few beans and I managed to level faster than on eu with all the beans.

If you wanna sell IM you can , there are insurance scrolls that are tradable in market or some cash equipments that are tradable and sellable. If not, don't be lazy and go farm. It takes getting used to the IM ways here but I totally agree with them and I never found myself lacking anything. It is slower but if you wanna go faster, thats why the shop is, to boost that a little bit, and I hope that's how it will stay.

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

They already removed pay2win. Insurance and Reinforced Insurance are sellable in market. 

That alone makes anyone capable of reaching gear-requirements through gold farming only. Farm basic elements, spam Dragon Valley, put about a week's worth of game-time and skyrocket your gold. Even with enchant/soulcraft rates you can make your full endgame set with gold only.

#9 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

They already removed pay2win. Insurance and Reinforced Insurance are sellable in market. 

That alone makes anyone capable of reaching gear-requirements through gold farming only. Farm basic elements, spam Dragon Valley, put about a week's worth of game-time and skyrocket your gold. Even with enchant/soulcraft rates you can make your full endgame set with gold only.

- Kind of agree that they are sellable in market but these days the price has been risen a lot D:

- We are lucky to have unity set to be honest. There used to be Cupid set.

#10 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

i thought EU was fine.

I was able to be "OP"  without topping up.

I think the problem was people complained about everything all the time in EU (like literally every little thing) which made it a toxic environment for some.

#11 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

I never though it is possible because these reasons :

The first thing is that compensation from March - The ring and balloon.

The second thing is that [Event] Unity set.

The third thing is economy breaking.

The fourth thing is that you are not the first person who starts a similar topic.

1. It would be possible to keep a restriction to some items. Stuff like IS, JB, Megaphones, Licenses... were tradeable but still there was stuff that wasn't tradeable back then in gPotato servers.

2. The restriction could and would work for this set. I mean you can't even put it in your account vault.

3. Yep, this.

4. This again.

#12 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

i think the top reason is that WP does not support IM trade!

EU actually was a disaster in my opinion, everything was so hard to obtain and expensive, and you always had that difference between the cash users and normal folks.

Here I managed to get my character in half year equipped and ready than on 4 years on EU.
Here I used very few beans and I managed to level faster than on eu with all the beans.

I do not play EU server so i do not know what happened there.

Nephryl pointed out that it would create discrimination (i apologize if i misunderstand). Restricting IM trade makes people feel playing easier due to economy.

I have a friend who is not an IM charger, plays 220 hours to reach full POS hero set. So from what i see, people are doing fine and easy.

#13 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

i think the reason why most people failed in the EU server is partially because

1. They don't know how the market works (the market here is easier to sell things at higher cost) if you knew how to manipulate the market and farm what items were in demand during certain periods, it was very easy to get a lot of gold.

I never topped up in the EU, I made over 1 mil gold.  how?  There's literally 1-5 pages at most of certain items as the server was decently small.  You can play it like stocks where you buy or sell items when certain guilds have castles.  For example when a top guild got castle, souls or wp or ap almost doubled in price.  It's not hard to sell a stack of souls for 200g each or a stack of wp/ap for 1k gold each.

2. There were a lot of dupers and bug abusers.  And when people saw how fast those guys got their perfect eq they were discouraged.

3. People complain about everything, when prices of certain things went up because no one farmed them, the server basically complained about it instead of farming it.

4. It was easy to lvl up in EU (coming from old IAH and THQice), it's even easier here because of the events and exp boosts.  So perspective-wise, it's still easy just doesn't seem like it when you're eating cake already.  Also nostalgia, pretty sure people didn't know what they were doing the first time they played through.

Anyways there's nothing wrong with p2w, it helps the economy honestly (element isn't really p2w).  For the game to keep getting funded and for the server to keep on running and for people to want to spend money in this game, I don't think there is anything wrong with the p2w for a "free" game.

Edited by flubsy, 02 September 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#14 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:49 AM

so basically what you are saying is, this game is no fun for you because you cant earn a million gold in one week. or did i understand you wrong <__<  epeen value much???

Edited by sigeel, 03 September 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#15 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:33 AM

I think making items tradeable would have major positive effects.

Firstly, it would remove the scamming related to having to gift items. The argument that scammers will always exist is irrelevant, it doesn't mean their lives should be made so easy that they have to do next to nothing to scam. Being careful and taking screenshots doesn't prevent you from being scammed, it helps after you have been scammed.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure it would encourage more people to buy IM, since you might be able to get a higher price from your items if you are willing to wait for the market to buy them, and selling your IM would require less effort. On the other hand some people who might now buy IM because they can't get the items easily with gold might then stop buying IM, though I doubt there are many of such people.

Thirdly, it would be less p2w, because items would be easier to gain with out using your bank account. No longer would you have to look for an IM seller, just type the name of your item in the market search. Easier access means less pay to win, no matter the case. I don't understand why people bring eu into this, that server was pay to win because of much higher prices of the shop items, obviously. Insurances being tradeable already is very good, but some other items I would at least like to be able to easily buy are:

Randomizers, required for top notch gear and you need a lot of them. Being able to easily buy these would reduce p2w.

Megaphones, on eu people would only buy 1 megaphone from the market when they needed one, making it easy for even people with less gold to use them often. Very useful for finding and forming parties.

Beans, would just make lvling faster if these were easy to buy, and people could buy them from the market for their run and split the cost (positive for the community). I've heard many people complain about the rate of lvling in DN, and although I don't see it as a problem, those who do quit early, reducing the amount of players we have. Some people would start always wanting a beaner in their party and standing in front of the entrance declaring so (negative for the community), but if you dont care about that why not make your own, beanless party.

Change of this caliber would also have its downsides.

Economy wouldn't react well to making so many new and useful items be marketable, that is true and that's why I think only the few I mentioned would be enough and a change like that wouldn't destroy the economy.

If untradeable IM items are truly an effective way of stopping duping IM all for it, however those 3 items I mentioned would be cool to have in the market anyway.

How it is now works, but is inconvenient and scam heavy. Maybe once the development transfer is complete we could see a system similar to the current one, kind of a charge mail with gifting or something like that.

What about just making the items able to be charge mailed? That wouldn't change much at all other than remove the scam you can't prevent in anyway except by buying from a known and trusted seller, and who's to say this trusted person hasn't suddenly turned mad at scam you for all of your gold.

#16 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:10 AM

if i remember correctly someone once told me duping was done via mail system or trade system.. or something along those lines. so making items tradeable would most likely not be a good choice. you can always buy account vault and character expansions in the shop if sharing IM items is that important to you.

Edited by sigeel, 03 September 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#17 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:11 AM

[...] Anyways there's nothing wrong with p2w, it helps the economy honestly (element isn't really p2w).  For the game to keep getting funded and for the server to keep on running and for people to want to spend money in this game, I don't think there is anything wrong with the p2w for a "free" game.

This "pay-to-win" aspect ruined a few MMO I know of, namely Dragonica FR, S4 League and Aura Kingdom, while making a few other very less enjoyable to play than they should have been.

As for your comment, Precrush : you just have not to trust anyone blindly in order to avoid any bothersome event. Being careful indeed prevents one from being scammed.

"Easier" access to Jack's beans has been discussed a few times, with live tests on a few servers.

Other things I don't see as shocking.

#18 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

Even if I am very careful, ask around for the legitimacy of the seller and take a few screenshots, that doesn't help me after I have given my gold away. After that it's completely up to the seller if he completes the transaction or not. I think this is a big flaw in game design, I shouldn't have to put myself in such position in my opinion.

#19 checksome

checksome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:42 AM

Much more people will buy Item Mall points, the lvling will go faster as people will buy beans, an sell on the market, Warportal gets happy, the players gets happy, Itsa WIN WIN situation for all!  :heh:

Wacha think pals?  :p_love:  :p_hi:

NO.

If you want the game to stay for a long time :D

#20 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

so basically what you are saying is, this game is no fun for you because you cant earn a million gold in one week. or did i understand you wrong <__<  epeen value much???

you've misinterpreted my comment.

basically the point I was making was, people find it easier in this server because they've made mistakes the first time they played and this server is kind of a do-over for them.  Once you understand items that you should get and what you should do in order to level up and etc, it's much easier the second time around.

also there already isn't a p2w aspect to this game.  It's mostly p2 get end game faster.  I think it's fine the way it is now.  They're allowing IM items that you can obtain via silver coins be available for sale in market.  That's good enough as it is.  They need some aspects of the game that tempt people to want to top up in the game.

#21 Semitron

Semitron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

This "pay-to-win" aspect ruined a few MMO I know of, namely Dragonica FR, S4 League and Aura Kingdom, while making a few other very less enjoyable to play than they should have been.

As for your comment, Precrush : you just have not to trust anyone blindly in order to avoid any bothersome event. Being careful indeed prevents one from being scammed.

"Easier" access to Jack's beans has been discussed a few times, with live tests on a few servers.

Other things I don't see as shocking.

This still doesnt solve the scam problem, as you have to continiiously keep selling IM to random people, as you cannot trust people 100%, making those items tradable again, would create a whole new enviroment, and easier ways for every1

The fact that Megaphones are still Untradable is juts a huge pile of joke, its impossible to get a universal message without paying money to use a damn megaphone....i mean seriously....these used to be 30 Gold each in Dragonica EU, which is a 100% completelty reasonable price tbh.

#22 LloydUTR

LloydUTR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOn my chair,Earth,next to the Moon and the Sun
  • Server:<=== That

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

This still doesnt solve the scam problem, as you have to continiiously keep selling IM to random people, as you cannot trust people 100%, making those items tradable again, would create a whole new enviroment, and easier ways for every1

The fact that Megaphones are still Untradable is juts a huge pile of joke, its impossible to get a universal message without paying money to use a damn megaphone....i mean seriously....these used to be 30 Gold each in Dragonica EU, which is a 100% completelty reasonable price tbh.

If they aggree to make Every IM item tradable that would break the rules of an online game,which makes it too easy for a player to get their hands on everything they want and thus breaking the point to play AND the game,and yes i aggree with you about the scamming problems,yet this is unavoidable.Every game has bad guys so we always have to ask for some oppinions from your friends before decide to buy IM to avoid the scamming issue,that have been a sole rule to this day.

Thank you for your honest opinion. You know we are aware of all these problems and we also have no clue why the Korean devs messed up so many things. You are right, the transition goes slowly, but it goes steady. 
We try to do our best to "delete" the former Pay-2-Win feeling. Everyone in the production team agrees that pay-2-win is not the intention. Our goal is that the players have fun and feel comfortable with the game. As for the Pay-2-Speedup thing, this is the base of almost every f2p game.

And megaphones?you really want players to continuously spamming with them?I remember when i was playing in EU it was used to be fulled of megaphones users who just can't stop with their megaphones argues.....

#23 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

Tradeable? No. Able to be placed in market? Yes.

Would be nice to see some other consumables in the market place such as soulcraft randomizers and megaphones as well as pet randomizers among others. I do appreciate the market system in this game, it is extremely convenient for buyers and sellers. Making items marketable would offer reprieve from the scamming going on while taking advantage of the amazing market system. Honestly, a lot of games have done markets wrong. DS got it right from the start.

#24 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

Tradeable? No. Able to be placed in market? Yes.

Would be nice to see some other consumables in the market place such as soulcraft randomizers and megaphones as well as pet randomizers among others. I do appreciate the market system in this game, it is extremely convenient for buyers and sellers. Making items marketable would offer reprieve from the scamming going on while taking advantage of the amazing market system. Honestly, a lot of games have done markets wrong. DS got it right from the start.

Insurance scrolls were likely a nice starting experiment that actually cut the pay2win down quite a bit. Players used current ratios and such to determine best prices to buy/sell at in market anyways so if randomizers/megaphones were put in the result would be similar.

#25 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:09 AM

Insurance scrolls were likely a nice starting experiment that actually cut the pay2win down quite a bit. Players used current ratios and such to determine best prices to buy/sell at in market anyways so if randomizers/megaphones were put in the result would be similar.

Players have been asking for this for years since the takeover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users