Labor Day Weekend EXP Boosts [9/4/2015 - 9/7/2015] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Labor Day Weekend EXP Boosts [9/4/2015 - 9/7/2015]

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

DS-WeekendEXP2.jpg

An extra day of EXP Bonus is coming your way this weekend!

Friday 9/4: 2.0x
Saturday 9/5: 1.8x
Sunday 9/6: 2.0x
Special Labor Day EXP Bonus Monday! 9/7: 2.3x

#2 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home
  • Server:The last legal one

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:42 PM

Why god, why?

:Emo_21:

No seriously, back in the days it took a waaaay longer to lvl up. People were running F7 missions during the week. And now you can reach the lvl cap in a short period of time. Lvling up was a reward for doing quests and hunting monsters. And now? Were will it lead us?

Oh and don't mention the Sweets Ingredients Box. :Emo_22:

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

Why god, why?

No seriously, back in the days it took a waaaay longer to lvl up. People were running F7 missions during the week. And now you can reach the lvl cap in a short period of time. Lvling up was a reward for doing quests and hunting monsters. And now? Were will it lead us?

It's because levelling up from Lvl. 55+ is just a pain. Players are about to quit when they don't see any progress levelling up then even with standing around in F7 the whole day.

By using all the EXP boosts (Items, Potions, EXP event) there are, the levelling is stil a pain from Lvl 65+.

Many players only play on weekends and I agree that it takes too much time for many just to level up 1 or 2 levels without any boost if they only are able to play on weekends. 

I also agree that the levelling in the lower levels is too fast with all the boosts. It is just a problem with the EXP balance in the higher levels. 

We are working on making it better, but this takes time.

#4 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:12 AM

It's because levelling up from Lvl. 55+ is just a pain. Players are about to quit when they don't see any progress levelling up then even with standing around in F7 the whole day.

By using all the EXP boosts (Items, Potions, EXP event) there are, the levelling is stil a pain from Lvl 65+.

Many players only play on weekends and I agree that it takes too much time for many just to level up 1 or 2 levels without any boost if they only are able to play on weekends. 

I also agree that the levelling in the lower levels is too fast with all the boosts. It is just a problem with the EXP balance in the higher levels. 

I'm glad to hear that you working on it.

But I have to note, that if the F7 party have a higher lvl player in it, lvleling gose much faster. Having a volunteer 5-10 lvl above is a great help and you can gain ca. 10%-15% exp per run.

To achieve this it just needed a volunteer! If this just was so easy! :p_sick:

The only problem is, there are almost none...

You can see it in trade-chat every weekend: "F7 vr only lv 50 up!" or "F7 HoP lv 72 up!!!"

What if a lonely player under that limit want to join, you ask me? Well the answere is they dont let him!

They go like "Oh! Weekend! Limited exp boost! we cant let anyone join who decrease the monster lvl, because WE will get less exp!"

and then they using JBeans and bisquits themselfs and gain 30% per run. :ani_shy:

When its about exp (or money, just saing), people are ruthless.

Just yeaterday i logged my alt (it was lv 49). Well, you can guess what happened. Even a party with 2 lv 50 and 1 lv 55 kicked me, because my lvl was "too low".

(Well i just solod 20 stages VR F7 to get the missing 5% to lvl up. I don't realy care myself if someone kicks me out of a F7 party because of my lvl. I will just host one and boost some low lvl player!)
But like you said: it's a paaiiiiiiiiin to lvl up (alone or without a mercenary).

Also what i mentioned in my previous post, people dont do quests! Means they standing infront of the F7 mission and looking for an opener. :heh: <<<(I somehow think this emot should be something like "hehe, i cant tolerate this anymore" or "deserved!")

So they also kick everyone who joins last and can't open the F7 mission with the excuse "Oh, sorry, we also can't open but we were here first, so go away :Emo_13:" but not doing quests to open the mission them selfs. :dunno:

In my opinion the limited weekend boosts tearing the community apart! :sob:

I hope some people will change there mind about there behaviour on weekends after reading this post.

I'm looking forward to a better community were people also think anout others. :kis: :no1:

(This is my opinion! Ofcourse you don't have to agree on it! It's just information i've collected in the past 5 years on the server...

Sorry for spelling-mistakes, I know I suck, I'm working on it tho :yawn: )

Edited by SammyFM, 05 September 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#5 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:37 AM

if there was a channel (like ch4) that aside from not giving that 5% exp to anyone upon logging in could have been programmed to not receive exp boosts (weekend exp) at all, i think that would resolve many problems for people who for instance want to keep their character on a certain lvl for monster card farming, or hunter quests, while at the same time on other channels people who wanted to lvl could still lvl.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

if there was a channel (like ch4) that aside from not giving that 5% exp to anyone upon logging in could have been programmed to not receive exp boosts (weekend exp) at all, i think that would resolve many problems for people who for instance want to keep their character on a certain lvl for monster card farming, or hunter quests, while at the same time on other channels people who wanted to lvl could still lvl.

I would also like a channel without any EXP event, but the EXP event is a server wide event not a channel wide.

DS has no possibilities to set channel wide only EXP events. 

#7 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

I would also like a channel without any EXP event, but the EXP event is a server wide event not a channel wide.

ah.. that's a shame :/

Edited by sigeel, 05 September 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#8 Nephryl

Nephryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

I'm glad to hear that you working on it.

But I have to note, that if the F7 party have a higher lvl player in it, lvleling gose much faster. Having a volunteer 5-10 lvl above is a great help and you can gain ca. 10%-15% exp per run.

To achieve this it just needed a volunteer! If this just was so easy! :p_sick:

The only problem is, there are almost none...

You can see it in trade-chat every weekend: "F7 vr only lv 50 up!" or "F7 HoP lv 72 up!!!"

What if a lonely player under that limit want to join, you ask me? Well the answere is they dont let him!

They go like "Oh! Weekend! Limited exp boost! we cant let anyone join who decrease the monster lvl, because WE will get less exp!"

and then they using JBeans and bisquits themselfs and gain 30% per run. :ani_shy:

When its about exp (or money, just saing), people are ruthless.

Just yeaterday i logged my alt (it was lv 49). Well, you can guess what happened. Even a party with 2 lv 50 and 1 lv 55 kicked me, because my lvl was "too low".

(Well i just solod 20 stages VR F7 to get the missing 5% to lvl up. I don't realy care myself if someone kicks me out of a F7 party because of my lvl. I will just host one and boost some low lvl player!)
But like you said: it's a paaiiiiiiiiin to lvl up (alone or without a mercenary).

Also what i mentioned in my previous post, people dont do quests! Means they standing infront of the F7 mission and looking for an opener. :heh: <<<(I somehow think this emot should be something like "hehe, i cant tolerate this anymore" or "deserved!")

So they also kick everyone who joins last and can't open the F7 mission with the excuse "Oh, sorry, we also can't open but we were here first, so go away :Emo_13:" but not doing quests to open the mission them selfs. :dunno:

In my opinion the limited weekend boosts tearing the community apart! :sob:

I hope some people will change there mind about there behaviour on weekends after reading this post.

I'm looking forward to a better community were people also think anout others. :kis: :no1:

(This is my opinion! Ofcourse you don't have to agree on it! It's just information i've collected in the past 5 years on the server...

Sorry for spelling-mistakes, I know I suck, I'm working on it tho :yawn: )

I actually don't understand what you wanna say, first you complain about leveling fast, and now you say how it's hard to level alone..

If, as you say, the exp should be lower, the behaviors you mentioned up there would be even worse because the leveling would be waaaay slower and people would use higher level people even more than now.

And if everything  you wrote above bothers you, why don't you make your own party then? That way you can't be kicked and there will be no other players kicked out since you decide who to add. 

The only way for a good f7 in my opinion is to try them, find people who are nice and willing to go with you and stick with them until the end. Or you can try to join a nice guild and ask for their help, I'm sure there are people willing to boost you in f7 too.

If however you don't like fast leveling, you can refrain from using exp potions, level during the days with no exp , and especially alone. No one is forcing you to do f7 and level fast. :)

#9 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

I actually don't understand what you wanna say, first you complain about leveling fast, and now you say how it's hard to level alone..

If, as you say, the exp should be lower, the behaviors you mentioned up there would be even worse because the leveling would be waaaay slower and people would use higher level people even more than now.

And if everything  you wrote above bothers you, why don't you make your own party then? That way you can't be kicked and there will be no other players kicked out since you decide who to add. 

The only way for a good f7 in my opinion is to try them, find people who are nice and willing to go with you and stick with them until the end. Or you can try to join a nice guild and ask for their help, I'm sure there are people willing to boost you in f7 too.

If however you don't like fast leveling, you can refrain from using exp potions, level during the days with no exp , and especially alone. No one is forcing you to do f7 and level fast. :)

Oh I see what bothers you, let me explain: :ani_swt3:

I said: "people lvl too fast"(on weekend. thats why I post it here  ). Thats right. And this, in my opinion, is the reason why people behave how I explained befor. ("Oh! We have no time! let's do it fast! Noone shall interfere, kick low lvl!")( :excl: exaggerated :excl: )

I said: "It's hard to lvl up alone". Yeah, it is. And thats why i call on players not to focus on themselfs only. If your party is 3 lv 50, why not let a lv 44 join you? Do simple math and see: the monster lvl will be only 1 lvl below yours!(3*50+44=194/4=48.5)

You say, according to my suggest to dispose the exp event would rather make the behavior even worse then it's now. Why I am saying it wouldnt, is because people will be unbound and wont stick to a fix date to lvl up. They would be more relaxed.

Also I wrote in my previous post, that I do host partys.

On your forlast paragraph, total agree! There is nothing better then going on a mission with friends and guildmates, since you can pass time with talking and jokes and whatever.

For the last: I understand why you wrote this. It realy sounds like I am complaining that I can't lvl fast and others passing lvl's like light the unverse! Sorry I'Ve made it sound like that, my mistake! 

I am prety far in this game tho, and after 5 years PvE I am now finishing my PvP character.

I don't run any F7 missions unless any friends ask me to boost them. I just went there yesterday because I tryed out a skill on a different class and thought: "Hey, why don't I lvl up? I'm at 90% afterall. With a nice party it will go fast" :yawn:

I hope this answeres your questions and explains my position

Edited by SammyFM, 05 September 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#10 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

i think not having exp events will only scatter people around more.

when there is an exp event going on you know there will always be someone doing f7 which overall makes it easier to find someone to lvl with you.

It could be that today you simply had a bad stroke of luck when asking for parties.

Edited by sigeel, 05 September 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#11 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

This server had a nice summer with a wave of new players. If we want to keep that momentum going these exp boosts are the least that can be done.

In all more modern mmos and especially in the western markets grinding is not that popular at least when it comes to levels. Most people want a steady cruise to the end game, familiarizing them with the mechanics and finding people to play with. Leveling in DS is fine up until lvl 55 or so (for example I was able to get to that level just by doing quests and farming medals) but after that f7 becomes a must. Like Popcorn said with these exp events it is still pretty easy to reach 6x. 

After that it gets unbearable, without the boosts you can't even get 10% per f7. If you are a new player this is a major turn off, and many of the veterans I know have chosen to stay at lower levels partly because of this.

This is one of the things that you guys on this server can hopefully fix up, the previous devs left quite a mess for you. I have faith in you guys, and so far I've seen nothing but good with a few hopeful promises.

Is it possible to maybe have a buff similar to dragon buff (50% more exp until lvl 40 I believe) but have it start at lvl 60 or even earlier? This could be a nice hotfix in my opinion.

#12 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

Maybe the server wide event could change into some kind of log in buff just like the +5% buff when you're in the right lvl server. So instead of changing the whole EXP rate server wide, you could apply a log in buff that won't expire during this day but is deleteable (you'll get it back after relogging). With this it would be possible to delete the buff if you don't want it until you log in back.

#13 Brian26

Brian26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:53 PM

Why god, why?

:Emo_21:

I dont think its the lv cap thats a problem, i think its the things you can do at higher level. Ive been playing for like 4-5 years now and im still only 81. I think that the problem is there no motivation to lv after 80. There not a bigger boss than Elga, Nothing else to farm at higher levels. I Mean, other than elga, i think lv 70s can do everything

#14 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

After that it gets unbearable, without the boosts you can't even get 10% per f7.

I realy don't know what you did wrong. When i was making my 8x char, I got over 10% from every single F7. I don't count the times when people dc or afk as party-leader which force you to leave and restart the mission. And I was only rarely using any exp booster. Only the one you got from the login events back then. And with them around 25% every round.

#15 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

Maybe the server wide event could change into some kind of log in buff just like the +5% buff when you're in the right lvl server. So instead of changing the whole EXP rate server wide, you could apply a log in buff that won't expire during this day but is deleteable (you'll get it back after relogging). With this it would be possible to delete the buff if you don't want it until you log in back.

this is a great idea!

#16 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

I realy don't know what you did wrong. When i was making my 8x char, I got over 10% from every single F7. I don't count the times when people dc or afk as party-leader which force you to leave and restart the mission. And I was only rarely using any exp booster. Only the one you got from the login events back then. And with them around 25% every round.

I am doing nothing wrong. I'm level 66 and I get ~40% (optimistic estimation) in my first f7 of the day. But that's with exp being 2x due to the event, using a biscuit, using a 2x exp potions and the homebuff. If you calculate that out It gets to around 10% for the f7 without any boosts. And after that it gets slower. And of course, I have parties where people are around my level.

And  while I do think that 40% per f7 is good, I simply think that the exp rate should make it worth doing things without all these boosts too. And coming back to my point of new players, you cant expect them to know all the tricks to maximize the exp you get.

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

This is not possible because of 2 reasons:

- we don't have buffs for every EXP increase above 2.0x (we don't have 2.1x, 2.2x, 2.3x...)
- a channel buff can't be timed, means we can only add/remove it by doing server restarts and that's the biggest problem

Is it possible to maybe have a buff similar to dragon buff (50% more exp until lvl 40 I believe) but have it start at lvl 60 or even earlier?

This would be possible. Opinions?

#18 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:09 AM

This would be possible. Opinions?

Black Dragon Lord's buff is (partly) a 100% EXP bonus, not 50%. Other than that I'm okay with it, although it will have people want to run F7 even more since this multiplier doesn't seem to apply to quests.

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:52 AM

Black Dragon Lord's buff is (partly) a 100% EXP bonus, not 50%. Other than that I'm okay with it, although it will have people want to run F7 even more since this multiplier doesn't seem to apply to quests.

That's right. The EXP buffs always only work for the EXP gained by killing monsters. 

If we decide to implement it, we won't use the original Dragon Lord buff, because we don't want HP/MP +100%. We will create a new one.

I personally think we should try out 50% not 100% and look how it works out. Adjustments always can be made. But as always we wood need a testing phase and community feedback.

#20 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:57 AM

I think these should be treated as 2 separate problems. In my opinions all ways of leveling in higher levels need a big boost.

Thanks for the correction on the buff. Its hard to say how powerful a buff like this should be.

Edited by Precrush, 06 September 2015 - 01:57 AM.

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:03 AM

I think these should be treated as 2 separate problems. In my opinions all ways of leveling in higher levels need a big boost.

Creating a channel buff for 61+ (Ch. 3) is only one step. For sure adjusting quest EXP is another step which should be done.

#22 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

I came up an idea (maybe it's stupid but just telling) and client change is obvious.

We have pro & con of xEXP : pro is that people level up easily; con is that xEXP is a nightmare for level campers, they suicide. 

- Instead of xEXP, we make rate drop of EXP pot on mobs.

+ People who desire to level up, use the pot; People who do not desire to level, do not use the pot.

+ For F7, Equal loot is not quite fair for every teammate in party so we add a "big" pot as a reward of every 10 stages. This can make F7 tougher.

P.S : i also agree about separated channel bonus buff.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

- Instead of xEXP, we make rate drop of EXP pot on mobs.
+ People who desire to level up, use the pot; People who do not desire to level, do not use the pot.

The idea is not bad at all, but we won't let mobs drop pots.

What about this hypothetical idea (not sure if it can be done yet, this has still to be tested out): We create a weekly quest for Friday, Saturday and Sunday where you can get ONE potion a day which lasts for 24 hours, but has to be used within 1 hour after getting it.

This weekend daily potion would have fixed rates every week.

For example:

Friday 2.0x, Saturday & Sunday 2.3x

And we keep the server wide events only for special occasions (like special holidays or for possible compensation cases - which I hope we do not need too often).

Edited by Popcorn, 06 September 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#24 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

The idea is not bad at all, but we won't let mobs drop pots.

What about this hypothetical idea (not sure if it can be done yet, this has still to be tested out): We create a weekly quest for Friday, Saturday and Sunday where you can get ONE potion a day which lasts for 24 hours, but has to be used within 1 hour after getting it.

This weekend daily potion would have fixed rates every week.

For example:

Friday 2.0x, Saturday & Sunday 2.3x

And we keep the server wide events only for special occasions (like special holidays or for possible compensation cases - which I hope we do not need too often).

This sounds like a nice idea but what about the stacking with other pots (f.e. IM pots or the 10 minutes x2 pots of Halloween map)? As far as I know multiple pots can't be used so that would probably mean that you'll only be able to use this 24h pot and nothing else (except JB).

#25 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

Xp potions do stack, if you use them in correct order. First use IM potions or halloween potions (they cannot be used at same time) and last the beans. Cookie factory boosts can be used any time. Make sure to remove 5% channel bonus before any potions, otherwise it will show error message about using multiple potions at once.

Edited by Nobbye, 07 September 2015 - 12:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users