Too much costume with attack speed - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Too much costume with attack speed

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Miikochan

Miikochan

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

i just want to say stop create more IM attack speed item or make a limit of attack speed or some what can limit damage which does by summoner or monk. THAT IS IMBALANCE!!!!!!!! 300AS which will deal a HUGE of damage!!! and they have many disable lol!!! Stop make them imba in PVP or BSQ plzz i just cant play.... 

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

how about we just neft those class :3

#3 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

What's an imba?
But in all seriousness, one could make the same argument for any stat. No more movespeed! No more health!

You see my point.

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:58 PM

non-x spammers are losing power i think

#5 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:26 PM

260%+ asp on a priest is the same as 300%+ asp (non chain combo/ z spam). You would need a good computer to be able to see this. 

The same goes with summoners 280-300%+ asp is extremely similar (99% give or take) to 380-400%+ (aside from zz animation speed). Again, you need a good computer to be able to see this as well. 

I do agree that attack speeds seems to be taking majority of these new set stats. Though it is mostly harmless since majority of x spammers are dependent on consistent FPS. Those with better computers will have faster and smoother x-spams. 

#6 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:49 AM

260%+ asp on a priest is the same as 300%+ asp (non chain combo/ z spam). You would need a good computer to be able to see this. 

The same goes with summoners 280-300%+ asp is extremely similar (99% give or take) to 380-400%+ (aside from zz animation speed). Again, you need a good computer to be able to see this as well. 

I do agree that attack speeds seems to be taking majority of these new set stats. Though it is mostly harmless since majority of x spammers are dependent on consistent FPS. Those with better computers will have faster and smoother x-spams. 

well said

#7 Brian26

Brian26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

I agree that having that much attack speed doesnt help. BUT I mean he does have a point. Unlike Movement speed items, These peices are giving 20% Attack speed thats a total of 55% Attack speed from just IM equip (If im not wrong). And thats without accessories. BECAUSE they have enough attack speed with the IM items and a few normal equipment, they are able to use other items with a different stat on the real equipment... I dont even know if im making sense right now.

EDIT: Heres the Percentage of Attackspeed and MS (Set Bonuses Not Included)

( IM not too sure these numbers are correct)

Blue Messenger Pads: 20% Attackspeed

Fantasy Fox Ears: 20% Attackspeed

Any Artifact Gloves 15% Attackspeed

Total : 55%

ARtifact Shoe: 15% Movement Speed (10% soulcraft possible)

Hermes Wing: 10% Movement Speed

Snowman gloves: 5% Movement speed

Hermes Helmet: 5% Movement Speed

Total: 45%

Thats 10% Less movement speed than Attack speed. And thats with the rare 10% soulcraft.

And Since Attack speed is technically a better stat, it shouldn't be too much over any other stat.

Edited by Brian26, 03 September 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#8 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

Okay, 4 words:

Devil's Set of Agility

65% Attack speed

You have to put on only one set!

None of the mix and match costumes (even if you put the parts together like in your chart) does reach the Devil's Set of Agility attack speed.

None...

Before you complain, know the facts please.

Btw: I never saw anyone in game ever complaining about the Devil's set of Agility stats, in all the years! it is in.

But I guess some people just complain to complain, or better post with only one purpose : complaining.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 03 September 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#9 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:22 PM

The Cute Blue Messenger Shoulders are 10%, not 20%.

There's no obvious connection between Attack Speed and Movement Speed, so comparing them %-to-% doesn't really say much imo.

Edited by Laburey21, 03 September 2015 - 09:23 PM.

#10 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

People only complain about attacked speed now due to elements being most effective in classes that get the most out of attackspeed.

#11 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:02 AM

Same as it always has been with the Devil's of Agility set. This set is in for ages and with this set it was the same :

due to elements being most effective in classes that get the most out of attackspeed.

Devil's Set of Agility came with 65% attack speed, it never got changed. It had this since day 1.

People only wore this set and wanted this set, it got requested over and over. You know that, you saw the threads. Nobody ever complained about this set having 65% attack speed, not even the classes which are not "the most effective classes in the game that get the most out of attackspeed".

So if you do not want sets with attack speed, nerf the Devil's Set of Agility too, or keep all as is. All I'm saying if you complain about sets with massive attack speed, the Devil's Set of Agility (and the Best Unity Set ), you should nerf those.

None of the costume mix and match sets (even if you wear only all set parts of them with attack speed on) comes close to this.

Elements always affected the 65% attack speed of the Devil's of Agility Set in the exact same way as it does to any new set.

All you guys got now is the ability to decide which set (set parts) to put on from a bigger variaty of possibilities. Maybe you guys should be thankful for that, cause it opens up a lot more gear combinations to you. And finally stop complaining....

Edited by Fliederduft78, 04 September 2015 - 12:08 AM.

#12 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:06 AM

I agree that having that much attack speed doesnt help. BUT I mean he does have a point. Unlike Movement speed items, These peices are giving 20% Attack speed thats a total of 55% Attack speed from just IM equip (If im not wrong). And thats without accessories. BECAUSE they have enough attack speed with the IM items and a few normal equipment, they are able to use other items with a different stat on the real equipment... I dont even know if im making sense right now.

EDIT: Heres the Percentage of Attackspeed and MS (Set Bonuses Not Included)

( IM not too sure these numbers are correct)

Blue Messenger Pads: 20% Attackspeed

Fantasy Fox Ears: 20% Attackspeed

Any Artifact Gloves 15% Attackspeed

Total : 55%

ARtifact Shoe: 15% Movement Speed (10% soulcraft possible)

Hermes Wing: 10% Movement Speed

Snowman gloves: 5% Movement speed

Hermes Helmet: 5% Movement Speed

Total: 45%

Thats 10% Less movement speed than Attack speed. And thats with the rare 10% soulcraft.

And Since Attack speed is technically a better stat, it shouldn't be too much over any other stat.

Just saying, that you get basically +X% of 150 Movespeed so you would get 15 MS out of +10% MS. ATK Speed ist "just" the normal +% because the base ATK Speed is always 100%.

#13 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:18 AM

Same as it always has been with the Devil's of Agility set. This set is in for ages and with this set it was the same :

Devil's Set of Agility came with 65% attack speed, it never got changed. It had this since day 1.

People only wore this set and wanted this set, it got requested over and over. You know that, you saw the threads. Nobody ever complained about this set having 65% attack speed, not even the classes which are not "the most effective classes in the game that get the most out of attackspeed".

So if you do not want sets with attack speed, nerf the Devil's Set of Agility too, or keep all as is. All I'm saying if you complain about sets with massive attack speed, the Devil's Set of Agility (and the Best Unity Set ), you should nerf those.

None of the costume mix and match sets (even if you wear only all set parts of them with attack speed on) comes close to this.

Elements always affected the 65% attack speed of the Devil's of Agility Set in the exact same way as it does to any new set.

All you guys got now is the ability to decide which set (set parts) to put on from a bigger variaty of possibilities. Maybe you guys should be thankful for that, cause it opens up a lot more gear combinations to you. And finally stop complaining....

People rarely/don't complain about the things that give them an advantage over others. I  bet the Best Unity Set will become an issue in another couple of months with people complaining about it being unfair to new players since they can't get it right away/stats it gives.

edit: Personally I'm against IM sets being anything other than stateless cosmetics including weapons.

Edited by StormHaven, 04 September 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#14 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:13 AM

People rarely/don't complain about the things that give them an advantage over others. I  bet the Best Unity Set will become an issue in another couple of months with people complaining about it being unfair to new players since they can't get it right away/stats it gives.

edit: Personally I'm against IM sets being anything other than stateless cosmetics including weapons.

Agree. :p_smile:

Regarding "statless cosmetics" I guess both of us are a bit "old school". We are one of the few people that still would be fine with just cosmetic IM clothings. But sadly the most people prefer to wear something IM related with stats. Time changed, so did the players and what they want. And to be honest the game has to make some money too, or else we would not have a running server anymore. Those IM costumes (with stats) are one of the top selling IM items in this game I bet. So be it, live and let live. :p_smile:

#15 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:25 AM

I have an elementalist which i take on elga, which i have built up almost all in atk speed, and i must say, having a fast computer i see absolutely no difference between 350 atk speed and 370+. so i basically had to lower atk speed and i added crate instead to help me kill better.

it feels like there is a cap in how fast the game overall can process.

i was always up for IM costumes to simply be cosmetic pieces, but i think after getting used to all these OP stats it would be an extremely drastic change to deal with.at least to me who depends on those stats in pve.

my idea for pvp was always that If possible there should be placed restrictions on the pvp rooms to make things more even (similar to how breeze run nerfs your mov speed to have everyone compete on equal ground) but leave pve out of it. that ways you will need to have seperate builds for fighting in the arena and farming.

back when the galaxy patch arrived on EU they completely nullified the effect of dodge/aim, nerfed crate and cdmg which really WAS a drastic change for everyone, as it also impacted PVE. i think was unnecessary. they should have had capped it on a reasonable number to still leave some room for experimenting with builds. suddenly dodge and aim were completely useless, not to mention countless cdmg builds. and for what? just for pvp.

Edited by sigeel, 04 September 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#16 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:43 AM

my idea for pvp was always that If possible there should be placed restrictions on the pvp rooms to make things more even (similar to how breeze run nerfs your mov speed to have everyone compete on equal ground) but leave pve out of it. that ways you will need to have seperate builds for fighting in the arena and farming.

back when the galaxy patch arrived on EU they completely nullified the effect of dodge/aim, nerfed crate and cdmg which really WAS a drastic change for everyone, as it also impacted PVE. i think was unnecessary. they should have had capped it on a reasonable number to still leave some room for experimenting with builds. suddenly dodge and aim were completely useless, not to mention countless cdmg builds. and for what? just for pvp.

100% agree to this

#17 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

I have an elementalist which i take on elga, which i have built up almost all in atk speed, and i must say, having a fast computer i see absolutely no difference between 350 atk speed and 370+. so i basically had to lower atk speed and i added crate instead to help me kill better.

it feels like there is a cap in how fast the game overall can process.

i was always up for IM costumes to simply be cosmetic pieces, but i think after getting used to all these OP stats it would be an extremely drastic change to deal with.at least to me who depends on those stats in pve.

- It depends on how strong your graphic card is. People with strong computer can build as much as they want. If their computer runs smoothly, it does not matter to them. I use Unity weapon and i have to cancel effect everytime beacuse my computer sucks. That's the diference.

- For Earth Master, how many %AS do they get if they equip : Elga gloves, POS set, Greek God Gloves, Fantasy Fox ear, Unity set (5 pieces), Skill earring, Galaxy Expert?

- Is there any set for non-X-spammer? Ghost Buster?

- Quantity of X-spammer class players gradually increases  :p_ang:

I Agree

Edited by SoulSight, 04 September 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#18 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

- It depends on how strong your graphic card is. People with strong computer can build as much as they want. If their computer runs smoothly, it does not matter to them. I use Unity weapon and i have to cancel effect everytime beacuse my computer sucks. That's the diference.

- For Earth Master, how many %AS do they get if they equip : Elga gloves, POS set, Greek God Gloves, Fantasy Fox ear, Unity set (5 pieces), Skill earring, Galaxy Expert?

- Is there any set for non-X-spammer? Ghost Buster?

- Quantity of X-spammer class players gradually increases  :p_ang:

I Agree

yep, i have  a pretty strong graphic card and a processor, so much so that i can play dragonica and have 2 other games (graphically more demanding games) + photoshop and sai in the background and still manage to run it smoothly.

but the atk speed does not seem to be killing stuff any faster if higher than 350.(like elga eye for instance) at least to me... i compared 350 and 374 and there is no difference....

but as i said. if there was a restriction in pvp  as to how much you can have of each stat(like it is in breeze run map), i think the issue could be fixed without harming pve players. 

Edited by sigeel, 04 September 2015 - 09:40 AM.

#19 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

or a turbo gamepad. I use that and it is much much faster than setting a macro on your keyboard, i tried both XD

Edited by sigeel, 04 September 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#20 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

I use Unity weapon and i have to cancel effect everytime beacuse my computer sucks. That's the diference.

how to cancel the effect? :o

#21 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

how to cancel the effect? :o

Buy 1-copper ring (archer's support ring), equip then unequip it.

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

Guys, please refrain from posting about using 3rd party programs. Unapproved 3rd party programs are absolutely not tolerated here.

#23 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

but Popcorn, i am not breaking any rules here by using different hardware to play. The game mechanics supports the gamepad.

dragonsaga15090423163500_by_sigeel-d98d7

and as for macros, they are even sold in the shop.

dragonsaga15090423210102_by_sigeel-d98d7

i dont see the difference if i buy a macro in your shop or lets say if i already have an expensive keyboard that i can set macros on? 

#24 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Unapproved 3rd party programs are absolutely not tolerated here.

But what can prevent from breaking the keyboard? I have some letter broken because of this game already. Do they make compensation? I guess not!

I have no money to get a good laptop. I play as dragoon, i made a new invoker to experience, i build as and ended up disappointment (graphic card sucks).

I broke my arrows key because of breeze run!

11988193_165755227093160_288339142355426

What choice do i have?

Edit : 

Please watch this one.

Edited by SoulSight, 04 September 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#25 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:51 PM

but Popcorn, i am not breaking any rules here by using different hardware to play. The game mechanics supports the gamepad.

You weren't meant. Hardware isn't meant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users