Monk: Attack Speed or Power? Gear:What to wear? - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Monk: Attack Speed or Power? Gear:What to wear?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DarrenIsDaBest

DarrenIsDaBest

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hey guys! I was wondering should a PvE monk have attack speed over power or power over attack speed? <------ Please explain your opinion and why?
Also another thing!I plan on getting 2 Fairy Set pieces for the int and 2 Sylph Set pieces also for the int! <---- Have any idea what mission it gives it in?
Thanks guys!

#2 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

You must have both; reason: it's not hard to get both..
Gear to wear:
1. Last boy scout (I forget the name, the one that gives +12% atk speed & +20 stats) or legend of combo (easier to get, +15% atk spd) medal
2. Hookah hat (+20% atk speed)
3. Guild skill (+10% atk speed)
4. Special hand cash item (for example: paris' glove, angel's glove --> not implemented yet)

To increase the power: enchant your weapon --> it's better to stack health than int if you cannot afford to special all your equipments, or get both health and int equipments :D
Reason: because you need every little health equipments you have to make sure that you are not killed easily at later part of the game

Edited by anmd, 26 November 2010 - 12:04 AM.

#3 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

I find that it's not entirely needed... But I guess it can be useful. Getting Legend of Combo is probably the best thing you can do FOR NOW since the Hookah Hat is almost impossible to find (and/or costs a disgusting amount of gold) and cash items will be hard to obtain.

#4 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

Err... you need those items to boost your attack speed; if you don't want to spend time getting them (farming gold>buy at market) just make a battle mage its easier lol

Edited by anmd, 26 November 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#5 DarrenIsDaBest

DarrenIsDaBest

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hey guys! Thanks for replying. Okay for Tundra,I can simply take my cousins hookah hat so that is solved, legend of combo however, uhhhhh what skills or moves would i use to get it to such a high combo? Is 2,000 combo (Energized)12%attack speed enough?
So the final thing is, I plan on getting 2 fairy pieces for +13 int. I plan to get 2 Sylph pieces for the int also +13 or +15 int. I can get the fairy pieces easily from the merchant with my jewels, perhaps what mission gives the fairy?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you disagree with that int armour stuff please tell me why and what else would be a better armour build?
Please build on or improve my thinkings if possible!

#6 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

Int is good to have however you need health equipments later (at least get more than 4000 hp by the time you reach lvl 40), so you won't be killed easily by those monsters; for example: One Hit KO by lavalon..

It is easier to get legend of combo after you job change to the 3rd job and obtain double shot; you can try the map after libra(the one with swamp monsters), the map after moonshore village(the one with a bunch of skeletons) or chaos hero descent, I got the legend of combo at hookah's hidden map near the end of that hidden map...

Spam x with your broken lvl 1 or 5 weapon, unequip all int equipments.. and GOOD LUCK

The medal that gives you +20 all stats and 12% atkspeed (the last boyscout/ man standing I forgot which one) is better than legend of combo (+7 all stats 15% atk speed) and legend of combo is better than uber combo and energized (only add attack speed) so its up to you. I prefer legend of combo, the last boyscout/man standing requires you to do 1000 pvp matches (NOT 1000 ROUND) so... It's either you join the free kill pvp and kill those afk botter 5000 times (5 x 1000) or you make yourself a mule and do it yourself..

Edited by anmd, 26 November 2010 - 10:57 PM.

#7 DarrenIsDaBest

DarrenIsDaBest

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

If I recall, I think I have 2-3k hp but for some weird reason I think I have 5k hp. For the medals, I want to get attack speed already and cannot wait till 40 for that double shot thing, if i remember, energized=10% attack speed?
uber combo = 12% attack speed? 5% attack speed less is okay for me.

If possible add me on Dragon Saga please so we can talk perhaps instead of me refreshing this page every so often.

#8 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

The thing is that legend of combo gives you +7 to all stats while uber combo and energized don't (the attack speed is not the matter).. err what's your IGN let me add you

#9 DarrenIsDaBest

DarrenIsDaBest

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

My IGN is l4lMedic the l are lowercase L's.I will be on in 9-11 hrs so just make sure your on that time! Then we can talk about it.

#10 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

Just use diffusion cannon and go to jigsaw coast with your weakest staff/a broken staff and fire away. You just need to move the monsters around to make sure you're always hitting them. It takes about 30-45 minute depending on your x-firing speed to get 10,000 combos as a monk. Though I think 5,000 combos might be enough since it gives 15% attack/movement speed and +5 to all stats, but going right for the 10k combo might be more "accomplishing early on.

#11 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

I actually prefer Legend of Combo most of the time b/c it gives you an extra 15% movement speed (while Last Boyscout gives you none), and a higher attack speed boost (15% vs. 12% for Last Boyscout). It's a 13-point difference for the STR/HLT/AGI/INT, but it's really only going to make a noticeable difference in terms of HLT (unless you are trying to stack very high amounts of AGI, too). There's a 15% DEF bonus for Last Boyscout too, but it works off of your base DEF, I believe, so it's not that great.

#12 DarrenIsDaBest

DarrenIsDaBest

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

So jigsaw coast with diffusion cannon,,,,, do you guys think that 2 fairy and sylph pieces for the int would be good? Oh 1 question also, I look at PvE skill builds, why do they not max out magic enhancement? I see all builds put 1/5 for it...

#13 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

So jigsaw coast with diffusion cannon,,,,, do you guys think that 2 fairy and sylph pieces for the int would be good? Oh 1 question also, I look at PvE skill builds, why do they not max out magic enhancement? I see all builds put 1/5 for it...

Collect PArts of sets after Level 40, If u really want a set before level 40 get the level 27.
... Magic Enhacement is useless because it only powers up a "little" meaning way little so it would be a waste of skill points to put it 5/5

Edited by Misuu, 27 November 2010 - 12:20 PM.

#14 DarrenIsDaBest

DarrenIsDaBest

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Collect PArts of sets after Level 40, If u really want a set before level 40 get the level 27.
... Magic Enhacement is useless because it only powers up a "little" meaning way little so it would be a waste of skill points to put it 5/5

I already got 1 sylph piece for the int and planning to get the other piece but do any of you guys have rubys you guys can sell to me please? Feel free to add me as friend or mail me so I dont have to check the forums every so often, my IGN is l4lMedic

#15 DarrenIsDaBest

DarrenIsDaBest

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

Okay guys so i got 2,000 combo medal (Energized). I think that the 10% attack speed and +2 to all stats is good enough for me. Sooo 10%+20%+10%=40% more attack speed. Anyone other speed stuff or int stuff you guys think I need to have? For int im gonna have 2 fairy and syplh pieces for the +13 and +15 int

#16 Legomancer

Legomancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:31 AM

Dunno why people are saying Magic Enhancement is crap, an extra 100 matk is very noticeable at low levels as you get upwards, same as Staff Specialization. At levels 40+ it's been giving me around 27 Matk a level put into it aside from the first which gave around 3 times as much.

If anything it seems like its in your best interests to max both if it isn't your final build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users