ALCHEMIST: Bugged Cart Revo skill, having difficulty lvling from lvl92 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ALCHEMIST: Bugged Cart Revo skill, having difficulty lvling from lvl92

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Teaceratops

Teaceratops

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:02 AM

Hi guys, 

I need some advice!

I'm a lvl 92 Alchemist with a lvl 82 neutral Amistr homunculus; I had the cart revo skill for a short while, but because I did the quest during the high rate bug the other week, I lost the skill in the roll back and it's been bugged ever since.I'm also an active leveling alchemist; I don't AFK (I prefer it)

Because I don't have the skill, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get to 99; I can't attack high lvl mobs as I've no attack skills, and I have to kill each monster one by one, and I'm currently only getting about 0.1% EXP from the mobs I can attack (Dark Priest, Wraith, Evil Druid). I don't party because I literally have nothing to bring to the group (my attack is around 350 each hit...) 

To help myself, I got some Kafra credits, Bought a Kettle hat (Deluge and Waterball proc), sold some HD ori and elu to make a bit of cash, got a +5 fireblend, +4 Cutlus, +4 tomahawk and some semi-decent equips, so that I had some skills and better stats (yoyo cards for p.dodge has helped significantly!) and elemental weapons; I even bought a few battle manuals which gave me 0.2 exp from mobs, but I've completely hit a wall now - I'm barely getting a level a day.

My stats are;

Str: 47+7

Agi: 90 +8

Vit: 39+33 (with Amistr Bulwark)

Int: 1+7

Dex: 56+9

Luk: 21

Job lvl 50, skills in the image at the link; http://postimg.org/image/y7anfjgw5/

I have a couple of questions;

1. Where can I level? At this stage would it be better to AFK?
  2. Are there any other equips/cards that could give me more auto cast skills? I'm finding them to be surprisingly helpful at kind of increasing my attack speed (with mostly low attacks) which seem to mean I get hit a lot less and actually survive an encounter.
  3. Is there anything on the Kafra shop that I can use? I am happy to spend a little money on this.
  4. Would it be better to pay for VIP access until I've reached 99? Although, I have to work pretty late every day, so I've been holding off this option as I don't think I could guarantee I have time to play after I pay for VIP access...

I know some of you are going to tell me to re-make because of the cart revolution problem; but I literally do not have the time to spend on doing that. I've been told the skill will reset after I transcend. I did try resetting my skills at Eden Group, but that didn't reset my quest skills.

I love this game, but this is really getting me down. Generally, I found getting to 90 a lot easier than when I first played the game, which is nice :)

#2 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:53 AM

Some comments before I get to the questions...

A) Don't restart. Just send in a ticket. I'm sure the GM team can just reset your quest variables or whatever they're calling them nowadays to let you complete the quest again.

B) You actually can contribute to parties - pulling mobs. Your homunc, a lv82 Amistr, will be especially good at this; just control it manually and support it with Potion Pitch/Homunc Resurrect/switch out with it using Castling as needed. Your char is probably reasonably good at pulling since a good puller won't be getting attacked by more than 1-2 of his/her mobs at a time anyway and you have some flee. Either way, join a party in low TI with the Gramps NPC in Eden and you'll probably find a party pretty easily.

C) You may have picked up the skill Bomb? If so, this actually is a great leveling skill, particularly in low TI where large mobs are semi-guaranteed. Just make sure you can survive a mob long enough to kill it/drag it into a Bomb spot since you can't plant them directly under targets. Warning: May be expensive.

D) I'm not sure when, but if TIs aren't your thing then we have Bounty Boards. Given the monsters you listed, you might already be taking those quests, but they're good boosts to exp and zeny. Totally worth it. (Like TIs, a VIP subscriber can stack the exp reward into just base or job exp, too.)

---

To address your questions:

1) Low TI! If you're not into that, anywhere with a fire weakness would make a great Bomb spot, such as Ground Petits outside of Glast Heim. These are also melee-able at your level/flee, I think, but bring some pots with you. Wind Armor might not be a bad idea, either (they use a wind attack that hits pretty hard, I think).

2) I really don't think autocast is the way to go, but if you're having a lot of fun with it, see below. Note that a, b, and c are multiple tens of millions of zeny each, so they might be longer-term items to look at for autocasting!

- - a) Break the bank by buying the pair of lv85 accessories Advanced Ring of Flame Lord (first) and Advanced Ring of Resonance (second). The first gives skill autocasts when you attack and the second gives autocasts when you take hits. Together they also add a few more autocasts. Really, really good accessories, but as you will guess they're expensive - not sure on prices. (Note that normal Ring of Flame Lord and normal Ring of Resonance are trans only!)

- - B) Increase your debt with CD in Mouth (last I checked it was around 40-50M... expensive) for bolt spell spam when you attack. This item is a lower headgear and remains one of the best items for autocasters

- - c) Kasa card on garment for more fire bolt/fireball

- - d) Mutant Dragonoid card on weapon for fireball (not generally worth it imo. Also note that autocast skill chances don't stack)

- - e) Bloody Knight card on weapon for low level Meteor storm

- - f) Lion/Rhino/Elephant/Gorilla Model Hat for meteor storm, lord of vermillion, storm gust, and bowling bash autocasts respectively when you take hit (unfortunately won't work when you're just dodging everything, though) (Ragial is down right now and I can't check prices, but these might be expensive... not sure.)

- - g) Gazeti card on accessory for cold bolt

- - h) Violy Card might be good as a defensive measure if you're attacking a monster and stuff starts spawning on you - its autocast will randomly freeze monsters (and party members) around you

- - i) High Orc card is one of the defensive caster's shield cards of choice - each hit you take reflects 5% of damage back to the enemy, which by itself sucks, but each reflection has a chance to proc your autocasts. Valkyrie Manteau also does this based on its upgrade level (2% per up?) for you, but won't reflect for certain classes (e.g. if you plan to make an autocast Monk or something) and is trans+ only

As a bit of a reference, other items I'm leaving out:

Elemental Sword (trans+? 95+, expensive), Hatii Bebe card (frost diver, better for things like Gust Bow or when paired with a certain MVP card), MVP cards, Hurricane Fury (trans+, 95+? expensive, but will probably be one of your weapons of choice much, much later)... Can't think of anything else and I can't check the database right now since it's down.

3) Medium Life Potions are great for keeping your HP up when you're mobbing and have a bit of resist gear on, but if you're not constantly taking on large mobs, then maybe skip these. Other than that... well, once you have Cart Revo back, maybe Rideword Hat for some hp/sp recovery? I'd focus on the in-game gears first, really, which means buy up stuff you can sell, if you want to do that.

4) I really enjoy the VIP perks and have it on at any time period when I'm doing any remotely serious leveling, but I'm also employed full time. Doesn't stop me :P but this is really, really up to you. I wouldn't get it JUST to reach 99 pre-trans, but it'll also help take you through the early trans levels if you do get it, so...

Blah, got way too into that post. Hope that helps.

#3 Teaceratops

Teaceratops

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:29 AM

This is all amazing! THANKYOU! :D

Yeah, I really do enjoy focusing on autocasts :D I know that, technically, I probably should be focusing more on Stats, but autocasting just makes things a little more fun - I actually have some skills to break up the monotony of smacking something 100x with my sword/axe (and occasionally it's with a element bonus depending on what I'm attacking! ;D)

Oh! That's awesome news about partying! I'd just assumed that without CR I'd be pretty useless - It might cost a bit in pots, but I'm already going through white pots like they're sweets. I might have to wait till next weekend to try that; I work pretty long hours, and have trouble committing to a party :( 

I sent a ticket through WP almost immediately after the rollback, but nobody answered; so I posted in the bugs area of the forums, and someone told me I'd get the skills back on trans. It's annoying, but I've managed so far :) I've just been changing my strategy with the autocasts.

Noooo! I went for Acid Terror instead! It seemed to do more damage than Bomb at lvl 5. Although, I think the time has probably come to put the skill to some use :)

Yeah, I've been practically living off the bounty boards, It's the only way I get any EXP. But I seem to get so little; this is why I was thinking of VIP access, so I can put it all into Base level since I'm Job 50. Again, I'll wait till next weekend when I have a little more time to dedicate. I started getting so little EXP from the petites and their BB quest, I've been repeating the Evil Druid, Wraith, and Dark Priest bounties, but again, I'm getting so little EXP, that I practically wipe out my gains with one death. So I was thinking there's got to be somewhere better :)

I think for now though, I'll buy some sellable items from Kafra, sell in game and do what I can to raise the funds for the equipment and cards you've suggested; I've been looking for the CD in Mouth for a while, but crikey, that's expensive D: Still, if it helps, it helps and I can always give them to my lower level characters as they get to 99 (My alchemist is my main; I know, I know, but for some reason I generally do enjoy playing an alchemist class! I remember when they were first introduced!)

Thankyou for the awesome post! This has been incredibly helpful! :D

(Now I just need to wait for Ragial and iRO Wiki to come back!)

#4 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

PM Campitor; once he sees your PM he's probably your best bet to getting a fast response on your ticket. I wouldn't spam him or anything, or PM him about every little thing, but Cart Revo's kinda important.

#5 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:54 AM

I came back from messing around in Ti with a biochem, with that str and little vit, i dont think he will be good with the skill Bomb. I had 80str and 10k hp, fairly geared and i could barely tank it. If he can micro well enough,he can use amistr to move the mob away, Bomb an empty spot between thr amistr and him, then pull the mob back while aiding it potion, expensive, i dont think he can pull it off without burning 250k zeny for every 6 bottle toss.

With your built you can stay in ti afk or in a walking party. If you dislike, I would say either dark priest or stapos, both are weak to fire and you can ctr click them with this kind of agi. But best bet is get in party in Ti, I have been pulling as a alchem with castling, not as good as swordie class, but almost as good as Snap pulling.

Your build seems a little off. I should provide you a build that you can use as a 99biochem, if other people want to add in more tips, go ahead, i dont mind.

80str, 1agi, 40vit, 90int, 55dex, less than 11luk
These are the rough stats, you can change them to fit your needs, but high int for cc damage, 1agi always, over 11luk is waste of stat points, all you need is thinking how to spread your stat point on str,vit,dex. Try make those work on db.irowiki.com there is a stat simulator there

#6 Teaceratops

Teaceratops

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:12 AM

screen_Chaos003.jpg

I did it! :D
I finally made it to 99 on my broken Alchemist! :D

In the end, I stopped grinding levels because I was getting really bored of Glastheim (I've always hated Glastheim) and had some good fortune :) I'll write it here incase anyone goes through the same struggles.

Thanks to the Drakes boxes this month, I got TWO CD in Mouth, a pair of black wings and I was able to sell some other box items to buy better equips. I also got a whole bunch of 3xBMs and some Hugel Prize medals, which were amazing; I learned that by using a 3xBM when handing in quests and prize medals, I'd get 3x the EXP :)

So, I calculated the total EXP I needed to get to 99, did some of the really long, high EXP payout quests (and stayed in Brasilis for a while, which was a nice break :)), and handed them all in while a 3xBM was active, to get myself to lvl 96. Once at 96, my Hugel prize medals would give me 8800 EXP per medal, not 7000, so I handed all of them in while a 3xBM was active, and got 3x the EXP. Then I handed in a bunch of bounty board quests when the same 3XBM was active, and got to 99! :D 

I think I went from lvl 94 to 99 using the 3xBM and quests/prize medals; I know for some it would be quicker to grind levels, but I actually found this way a more fun way of getting those last few levels :)

Thankyou for the build MisterWrong; I want to follow a Cart Cannon build when I transcend, hopefully my skills won't bug this time! Because I had no fighting skills to use, I focused on an AGI build to try to get in as many hits as possible, and to get my autocast items to proc as much as possible; and it worked. But, it's not a build I would have chosen had my skills been working in the first place. Luckily I have a Hunter who can take all my old Flee gear once I start lvling her again :)

I'm going to enjoy my 99 glowwie for a bit, then go back and do it all again! This time with actual skills! (I hope) This will be my first transcended character; they weren't implemented last time I played iRO.

Thankyou for all the help, it made things far less tedious, and got me to 99! :D

#7 ShadowGears

ShadowGears

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

Grazt  :p_hi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users