So... releasing spell releases spell at random? - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So... releasing spell releases spell at random?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

I thought i was the one making some kind of mistake and decided to test it on porings because this -_- actually got me killed many times now...

Turns out if i select lets say Crimson rock and then Storm gust in that order it should drop first crimson rock and then release storm gust BUT as i tested it and sometimes it does it in reverse, meaning i release Storm gust and then Crimson rock... even when i stored first crimson rock and then storm gust.

Is this intended or this is a bug... because if this is intended i may just quit playing this game, how is it possible that this is a good thing for the clas AT ALL, the key skill for the class and its random??????????? REALLY?, we cant rely on random stuff, i have been killed by this because i thought i was about to release an storm gust and BOOM crimson rock and i was like WTF?, and thought maybe im just making mistakes since im not accustomed to the class, but i am testing this on porings and i am still getting random results...

Edited by Zherot, 06 September 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

It releases by the order of the lasts spells you saved. ie, you save Crimson Rock> Storm Gust> Chain Lightning> Earth Strain. You will release Earth Strain>Chain Lightning> Storm Gust> Crimson Rock.

#3 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

It releases by the order of the lasts spells you saved. ie, you save Crimson Rock> Storm Gust> Chain Lightning> Earth Strain. You will release Earth Strain>Chain Lightning> Storm Gust> Crimson Rock.

Then i just found a bug because i already tested it, i may make a video of this.

#4 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

Here:

https://www.youtube....h?v=IM-qJbOqau8

#5 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

Need more test to be consider a bug... just because it happen once or twice doesn't tell much about it.

Also, sometimes after dying, spells don't get reset and they'll still be saved (same with some buffs, fcp, etc). Perhaps you are just casting something that was stored before.

First, try to release everything stored and then test it again.

#6 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

Need more test to be consider a bug... just because it happen once or twice doesn't tell much about it.

Also, sometimes after dying, spells don't get reset and they'll still be saved (same with some buffs, fcp, etc). Perhaps you are just casting something that was stored before.

First, try to release everything stored and then test it again.

Dude, you think im stupid?, i have been testing this for space of an hour, you dont believe me, go and do it yourself, im not going to make a 1 hour long video to state somwething that can be obvious just by a 3 minutes video, even if it only happened once in a while IT IS STILL A BUG and should be fixed, but this is not once in a while, this happens on a regular basis.

What im more interested is how is no player ever noticed this AT ALL, or said anything at all.. i found a post of 2012 saying that it was at random and the only way to be sure that you got the spell you required on release was to store the same spell, so this is not new this is here since WAAAAY  to much, how is it that NO ONE said anything about this except that guy in 2012 and me in frigging 2015.

I released everything also in my tests, because like i said, im not stupid, i make sure that i had no spells stored at all, meaning i clicked like mad to release and nothing came out after each try, meaning i had no spells stored.

Edited by Zherot, 06 September 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#7 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

Dude, you think im stupid?, i have been testing this for space of an hour, you dont believe me, go and do it yourself, im not going to make a 1 hour long video to state somwething that can be obvious just by a 3 minutes video, even if it only happened once in a while IT IS STILL A BUG and should be fixed, but this is not once in a while, this happens on a regular basis.

What im more interested is how is no player ever noticed this AT ALL, or said anything at all.. i found a post of 2012 saying that it was at random and the only way to be sure that you got the spell you required on release was to store the same spell, so this is not new this is here since WAAAAY  to much, how is it that NO ONE said anything about this except that guy in 2012 and me in frigging 2015.

I released everything also in my tests, because like i said, im not stupid, i make sure that i had no spells stored at all, meaning i clicked like mad to release and nothing came out after each try, meaning i had no spells stored.

Yes!

And I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary...

#8 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:30 PM

Yes!

And I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary...

Yeah, its not like my video is any evidence of it, HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE A VIDEO YOURSELF ^_^ to proove that everything its ok, because the only one with evidence here is ME.

This community is disgusting.

Edited by Zherot, 06 September 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#9 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

Let him troll, just block him or something...

Was going to say to just store one type of spell at a time since that's usually the most practical application. It sucks that it's random, but that doesn't mean the skill is dysfunctional - just store your longest cast- or cooldown time spell in there. (The ones I store the most are Earth Strain or Comet with CR as a distant third - almost everything else I've got is something I can cast manually fast and often enough that storing it is a waste of time.)

Not sure what you're leveling on, but is only storing CRs not an option? (Or just SG?)

On a side note, would be so hax if we could use Release 2 to release all the stored spells at once.

#10 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, its not like my video is any evidence of it, HOW ABOUTA YOU MAKE A VIDEO YOURSELF ^_^ to proove that everything its ok, because the only one with evidence here is ME.

This community is disgusting.

I play with Warlock all the time (see below):

and I have yet to see any problem (back when I was using Comet + SG).

I did notice that once you die or your SP goes to 0, there's a chance that you will lose your stored spells but sometimes that doesn't happen and if you try to save spells again, it will just fill whatever slots are left hence why the order was different.

If you think that there's a problem, then it should be as you said... but even when people use this skill quite often, no one has yet to report anything so far.

If you can, try using 3 spells instead of 2 this time, there's always a pattern... maybe its casting spells with less slots first and then the ones with highest slots? who knows.

#11 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

It sucks that it's random

So you know it does it at random, ok then thats one more on my favor, SINCE in no description whatsoever says that it should be random then ITS A BUG, more so, the other guy is saying its working fine on him, MEANING he dosent have it at random (i dont believe him), so its safe to say that NO ONE has any -_- idea on how this spell work or SHOULD work at all.

Edited by Zherot, 06 September 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#12 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

I play with Warlock all the time (see below):

and I have yet to see any problem (back when I was using Comet + SG).

I did notice that once you die or your SP goes to 0, there's a chance that you will lose your stored spells but sometimes that doesn't happen and if you try to save spells again, it will just fill whatever slots are left hence why the order was different.

If you think that there's a problem, then it should be as you said... but even when people use this skill quite often, no one has yet to report anything so far.

If you can, try using 3 spells instead of 2 this time, there's always a pattern... maybe its casting spells with less slots first and then the ones with highest slots? who knows.

Dude... NO... JUST NO... make a proper video about testing this stuff and not a -_- show off video that no one cares about seriously,

#13 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

So you know it does it at random, ok then thats one more on my favor, SINCE in no description whatsoever says that it should be random then ITS A BUG, more so, the other guy is saying its working fine on him, MEANING he dosent have it at random (i dont believe him), so its safe to say that NO ONE has any -_- idea on how this spell work or SHOULD work at all.

You are retarded if you think asking questions about a possible bug is "trolling", maybe you should stop being a pussy fanboy for once in your life, because if this is truly a bug then fixing this would help all the Warlock in the game, including you.

Did I say that it was you who was trolling? I was just trying to help. Jesus.

Good luck figuring it out on your own, then.

#14 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Dude, then im sorry, but in this community you dont know, i have to be defensive with this friends because they blame everything on you im not sure who is flaming me or not anymore,

Im so sorry please forgive me.

#15 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

LOL

#16 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

LOL

Are you gonna make a proper video or you are just gonna keep evading the question?

#17 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

I just reported this to warpportal support via ticket, better them to look and get an answer from them.

Edited by Zherot, 06 September 2015 - 04:12 PM.

#18 Elmexicano

Elmexicano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

Man just ignore Mulder1, he is here just to troll you from the start, Anchors pointed that out but you misunderstand it.

#19 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

Working normally here. Yes it's random but it's supposed to be random. Most people don't notice because they just memorise one spell for releasing e.g. Comet or Crim Rock.

iW used to state that it was random. Nilox removed it for some reason.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 06 September 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#20 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Weird. I do NOT remember seeing "random" back then for some reason.

Fixed and reformatted.

#21 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Man just ignore Mulder1, he is here just to troll you from the start, Anchors pointed that out but you misunderstand it.

Yeah, i misunderstood him, i feel really bad for answering to him like that.

Working normally here. Yes it's random but it's supposed to be random. Most people don't notice because they just memorise one spell for releasing e.g. Comet or Crim Rock.

iW used to state that it was random. Nilox removed it for some reason.

No wonder then why people dont like Warlocks then, their main skill is not reliable at all..., im just  cant believe this is supposed to be random, like i said this thing already got me killed at least 3 times because i cant rely on my best skill, and it is the best skill because it lets you use your spells in a efficient way because you bypass the fixed cast times with this, there is reallly no point in this to be random, no one can ever say this is over powered or something because it isnt, you can store just a limited amount of em and  if you got out of them you are going to need to cast like you normally do, its balanced, you know what is over powered, having a skill more damaging that any other AOE skill in the game that can mostly oneshot every enemy and has a 3.2 second cooldown and can be casted in cloaking... yes im talking about arrow storm, just yesterday that i went to my first mid TI with the Warlock rangers where doing like 30k-to 40k+ damage on a single hit of a button, while i had to do an incredible dancing on my keyboard to use my spells that do less damage and have more cool down, and now on top of that my best skill is unreliable because its random.

Like i said no wonder everybody mains a ranger and everybody say warlocks are terrible.

I dont think this is intended, still think its a bug.

#22 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

Fixed and reformatted.

No, what are you doing?, you cant just change anything just like that before even knowing if in fact it should be random, this could be a bug still, the fact that most people dont even know if this should be or not be random should tell you that you should wait for an official analisis of this skill.

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

Is release warlock's main skill?

#24 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

Is release warlock's main skill?

I dont want trolls on my topic, if you really not have anything to say or just want to provoke a discussion just go away i dont have time for this.

And yes, if you class has fixed and long cast times but has a skill that lets you bypass them and store your spells and even Gravity took the time to make books for the core mechanic you can assume that Warlock revolves about the release and reading spellbook mechanic, there i no way this should be random, make it random then but then make our cast time  shorter, like arrow storm shorter and pump the damage arrow storm style, so i can oneshot everything without the need to setup my kills with other skills and just play slaming my head on 1 button....... no, i actually would find that boring.

Edited by Zherot, 06 September 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#25 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

No, what are you doing?, you cant just change anything just like that before even knowing if in fact it should be random, this could be a bug still, the fact that most people dont even know if this should be or not be random should tell you that you should wait for an official analisis of this skill.

It's been random since Renewal became a thing. At the very least it's been random since the balance patch. That fact has been stated and repeated time and time again on the forums here since 2011 (cursory search and going by memory), and was described as random on iW since being revised after someone bothered to test it thoroughly, also around 2011, and it was preserved through multiple revisions up until 2013 where it was evidently omitted by mistake when Nilox was spiffing up the layout.

Fixed and reformatted.

Sankyu <3

Anyway Warlocks are still very powerful but as with all casters they require very expensive gear, a high degree of personal skill, and knowledge as to the elemental weaknesses/mdef/status vulnerability of their targets to be effective. Not disagreeing that Rangers are currently overpowered and that AS is very excessive, but Warlocks are NOT primary DPS by any sense of the word, and they were never intended to be, so they really shouldn't be compared with Rangers who were designed to be glass cannons. The prescribed role of a WL in the official RWC guide and currently mirrored in the 2015 RJC guide is backline support with WI, Marsh, Sienna, Strain, JF, Ganban and SG, and both their MATK scaling and predominance of utility skills in their tree reflect that role very well.

Release was just designed to assist in getting spells out ASAP. It's not their primary leveling skill and it's not meant to be solely relied upon.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 06 September 2015 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users