• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Does anyone know if any of the current GS equips will be useful to rebellions?

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

There's Gunslinger equips outside of guns?

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

Around the same time rebel was released, a lot of new guns came out that basically obsoleted the old ones.

#4 Renko

Renko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Classic

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

ah~ but the weapons are rather high level (140 i think) for use, so you would probably go with your current equip

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

https://forums.warpp...o/?fromsearch=1

Highest pistol attack right now is 70 & 80

http://db.irowiki.or...ype=14&sort=3,2

New weps? Right off the bat a pistol with 150 atk equippable at 99.

Edited by Jaye, 10 September 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#6 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

The Rebellion have several specifications at the endgame:

1) Lack of access to 175 Lvl - you should consider this is dramatic drawback in the WoE. This means lack of access to Stat based status ailment resistance and lack of ability to use Royal Guard Devotion for survival purposes.

2) Lack of effective survival skills and low HP factor - you should consider this as level of your squishiness around of Soul Linker and Super Novice.

3) Lack of effective selfbuff plus procent skilldamage mod skills means you will be unable to nuke enemies right away. 

The advantages is so nimble:

1) Supportive skills looks nice but with your survivability it won`t be useful anyway.

2) High Atk weapons looks good but lack of other effective ways to boost your damage further by powerful selfbuffs and high % Skillmod skills will render you mediocre damagedealer at best. 

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

apparently all expanded class will need the iro-exclusive contents that Camp's been promising, and it's only a common sense to not use them for pvp/woe

and as a SN player, i'm sad to say that SN is a good tank, and i can say it's on par with gene w/o pk or rk/rg or sura w/o ms, maybe most 3rds, pvm-wise ofc

#8 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:47 AM

apparently all expanded class will need the iro-exclusive contents that Camp's been promising, and it's only a common sense to not use them for pvp/woe

and as a SN player, i'm sad to say that SN is a good tank, and i can say it's on par with gene w/o pk or rk/rg or sura w/o ms, maybe most 3rds, pvm-wise ofc

There are the issue for K/O and Rebellion: These classes have quite nice disables and tricks is aimed for PvP purposes as there are no place for them in the PvM and MvP thanks to MvP immunity to disables and PvM monsters is better deal with AoE Nuking. And DPS wise these classes lack of effective damage skills. Endgame means competition of tool effeciency(class tactical characteristics) and player ability to use tool at its limit(player knowledge and reaction).

#9 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:56 AM

are you comparing apples to horses?

yes, a lot of their skills are aimed for pvp purposes, but you can't put it like they're not even worth pvm/mvp. given you're lucky enough you can compete with most 3rds when MvPing (low/mid tier), or do instances under level 160 requirement and still make zeny out of it. if you wanna test your limit then solo ET and see how far you can get, or just be useful when your friends need you.

#10 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

People that like the class dont care about the common sense lol

Rebel will come and i  (or someone) will try to make this class useful on the pvp at least !

I hate when people say to dont play as a class on the pvp/woe,even a maestro can be a good killer if u have gears+ knowledge e_e

@edit

We should ask for temporal boots to expanded classes,its a huge ''buff'' for any kind of gameplay (PVM/LEVELING/MVP/PVP/WOE)

Edited by Hissis, 20 September 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#11 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

We should ask for temporal boots to expanded classes,its a huge ''buff'' for any kind of gameplay (PVM/LEVELING/MVP/PVP/WOE)

Agree, out of all of the gear the expanded classes could get the OGH Temporal boots would be a great addition. 

Keep the level 99 requirement but drop the 3rd job/transcendence requirement.

Level 99 was supposed to be the limit of normal human being. Re-birthing was supposed to allow you to go past that.

By letting K/O and Gunslingers go past level 99 they kind of threw the whole "you are not surpassing the human limit" thing out the window.

#12 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

Agree, out of all of the gear the expanded classes could get the OGH Temporal boots would be a great addition. 

Keep the level 99 requirement but drop the 3rd job/transcendence requirement.

Level 99 was supposed to be the limit of normal human being. Re-birthing was supposed to allow you to go past that.

By letting K/O and Gunslingers go past level 99 they kind of threw the whole "you are not surpassing the human limit" thing out the window.

gravity burned the game concept years ago.

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

Lv100** requirement,

#14 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

Yep, that's the only change needed really.

Even if you don't want non transcended characters to use transcended gear, this pretty much goes out the window with classes that can exceed lv99.

At some point you have to budge on the issue, because eden gear should not be the upper tier of available equipment for the class after that point.

Edited by Krispin, 21 September 2015 - 02:39 PM.

#15 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

The Rebellion have several specifications at the endgame:

1) Lack of access to 175 Lvl - you should consider this is dramatic drawback in the WoE. This means lack of access to Stat based status ailment resistance and lack of ability to use Royal Guard Devotion for survival purposes.

2) Lack of effective survival skills and low HP factor - you should consider this as level of your squishiness around of Soul Linker and Super Novice.

3) Lack of effective selfbuff plus procent skilldamage mod skills means you will be unable to nuke enemies right away. 

The advantages is so nimble:

1) Supportive skills looks nice but with your survivability it won`t be useful anyway.

2) High Atk weapons looks good but lack of other effective ways to boost your damage further by powerful selfbuffs and high % Skillmod skills will render you mediocre damagedealer at best. 

I wouldn't consider a SL to be squishy...last I checked, I end up being the tank for parties while still supporting with mine, and still being the only one who doesn't get wiped like the rest most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users