Suggestion: special stat randomizer / set stats discussion - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion: special stat randomizer / set stats discussion

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

The title says it all.

Would it be possible to create(given that regular randomizers already exist) a special stat randomizers for equipment that has those "based on luck" stats like: bone weapon, zauharant, black dragon lord weapon/wings and pos weapon/wings?

pos weapon/wing in itself is extremely complicated to recreate. to get wings and weapon essence you need to have an elga weapon/wing already which is not something everyone can afford. which is a one time thing.

and getting weapons with one stat sometimes prompts people to buy the essences from other people so that they can recreate a new weapon with hopefully a better stat and/or more than one... 

dragonsaga15091117222004_by_sigeel-d996k

my reason for posting is this..

I made pos wings yesterday hoping to get critical damage, if only as one stat. Instead i got one with 3 but with evade....and no cdmg. this means to replace the paris wings i have to buy an essence, grind a few more weeks to make another wing and hopefully it will give me cdmg this time ...

which also brings me to another issue altogether.

I understand that this was a korean dev decision, but why on earth do intelligence based classes (earth masters and warmages) have evade rate as a stat option on their sets anyway?? They are not an agility based class, so that stat does absolutely nothing because it has no base for it.. 

why_by_sigeel-d996kkm.jpg

i think non agi classes (like mages and warriors) would benefit more from dmg drop stat instead of dodge. hell---even hp recovery would be more useful than dodge....

Edited by sigeel, 12 September 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#2 ivey558

ivey558

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

This is a great idea, i remember last time i made about 8 undead bone weapons for 3 stats... it was ridiculous. 

#3 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:51 AM

When we're at it I would suggest changing the 5 Set effect of Ninja (ATK Speed) to something else that fits better like Final Crit rate just like ALL the other classes.

#4 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationGermany (Hamburg)
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:59 AM

In my opinion it's good as it is. You either need luck or several tries to get a "perfect" weapon, it shouldn't be so easy with just randomizing them, since there only 3 possible stats on weapons.
Also the Set effects. I guess every class has a useless or nearly useless stat, so it's fine for me (Absolute Def for Twins).

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:01 AM

This is definitely a good idea. Especially considering Protector of the Stars Wings and Weapons where, unless you have alts that level and an unsoulbound elga set, will often be one attempt only.

#6 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:17 AM

In my opinion it's good as it is. You either need luck or several tries to get a "perfect" weapon, it shouldn't be so easy with just randomizing them, since there only 3 possible stats on weapons.
Also the Set effects. I guess every class has a useless or nearly useless stat, so it's fine for me (Absolute Def for Twins).

as for the set ...its an endgame set. it should have endgame stats that fit the class and by that i mean for everyone.i think its a bit sad that the sole reason people make pos is just because it gives element def and some classes who have crappy stats on it  have to bear with those stats, while other classes have stats that fit them almost perfectly. i don't find this is fair..

as for doing several tries on weapon or wing, you have to first buy an essence on the market (thus taking away the possibility of someone else obtaining it - who perhaps could not afford to make elga to unlock quest themselves, just so that the person who already has a weapon but is dissatisfied can make ANOTHER one with (hopefully) better stats.  i dunno..

IMO that's a huge waste specifically because those essences are rare.)

This is definitely a good idea. Especially considering Protector of the Stars Wings and Weapons where, unless you have alts that level and an unsoulbound elga set, will often be one attempt only.

^ also this.

Edited by sigeel, 11 September 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#7 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Great idea!

#8 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

I think the Special Option randomiser is a pretty good idea, but nothing essential to create. When it comes to changing set options, I say no. Less useful stats and trying to make the best of what you've got are parts of the game. And it's not good to suddenly start changing a set that's been in the game for a long time.

#9 Nephryl

Nephryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

When it comes to changing set options, I say no. Less useful stats and trying to make the best of what you've got are parts of the game. And it's not good to suddenly start changing a set that's been in the game for a long time.

Ok, but if 1 class has a fail stat, it would be fair that every other class has a fail stat too, so they too can experience the "making the best out of what you  have"  :)

#10 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:55 AM

This randomizer is gonna be very expensive...

#11 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:56 AM

This randomizer is gonna be very expensive...

as it should. 

but i think its far less expensive option than having to make 3 new weapons...

#12 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

Such randomizer is sadly not possible.

#13 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:15 AM

Popcorn don't say that!

#14 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

The Koreans' fault again...left us take care of it...

#15 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

Could I pay IM to take my 1-stat elga and make an equal one, sockets and all with different stats?

#16 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

Popcorn ruined the moment with one sentence...

#17 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Could I pay IM to take my 1-stat elga and make an equal one, sockets and all with different stats?

Doubt it could ever happen.

#18 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:07 PM

would be nice if you buy mats in the IM shop for making PoS again instead of having to make another char to lv 8x to transfer over.

An example would be you can trade in your PoS wings + IM item for Ripped Wings, so you can try making it again.  I mean you'd still have to refarm most of the ingredients, but at least you get the one thing you need for remaking.

Like  decompose machine haha.

Edited by flubsy, 11 September 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#19 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

would be nice if you buy mats in the IM shop for making PoS again instead of having to make another char to lv 8x to transfer over.

An example would be you can trade in your PoS wings + IM item for Ripped Wings, so you can try making it again.  I mean you'd still have to refarm most of the ingredients, but at least you get the one thing you need for remaking.

Like  decompose machine haha.

or just make the essence quest a repeatable one, like it was done for bone weapon/armor, secmathian armors/zauharant weapon, elga weapon/armors

#20 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

How about selling ripped wings in IM?

#21 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationGermany (Hamburg)

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:50 AM

Materials for PoS in the IM Shop?!
Some people just want to watch the world burn...
I hope this never happens and I'm glad there can't be a randomizer.

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:59 AM

Materials for PoS in the IM Shop?!

Definitely not.

#23 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

Definitely not.

and how about changing the quest into a repeatable OR change the quest into another repeatable. I mean creating new quests is possible, so maybe you could create a quest where you have to give away one BDL wing to get ripped wing and this is a repeatable quest. so you won't farm the ripped wing easily but you can get new tries for your pos wings with doing elga and getting BDL wings. Would that or any other way be possible? is there any chance to discuss about it?

#24 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:37 AM

Popcorn does not even give an opinion...

#25 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:00 AM

or just make the essence quest a repeatable one, like it was done for bone weapon/armor, secmathian armors/zauharant weapon, elga weapon/armors

I don't think a repeatable quest would work since PoS isn't made from recipes. Maybe a trade-in function? You trade in your Hero PoS weapon/cape and get back the concentrated heart/ripped wing. That function can easily be added to the NPC, I believe.

Still, I don't understand this sudden fuss about a set that's been in the game for years. I believe this game has a future and sooner or later a new end-game set will come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users