Suggestion: special stat randomizer / set stats discussion - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion: special stat randomizer / set stats discussion

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#26 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

I don't think a repeatable quest would work since PoS isn't made from recipes. Maybe a trade-in function? You trade in your Hero PoS weapon/cape and get back the concentrated heart/ripped wing. That function can easily be added to the NPC, I believe.

That idea is not bad. People keep borrowing Elga wings, Some of them steal. You can't tell who is trusted by looking at green soul craft equipment.
Ok, back to the owner. Now they have the Elga wings, POS wings. Definitely they will use POS wings! Is there any point to use Elga wings? Lower level? Is it a lv70 wings (correct if I'm wrong)? Well, if Elga wings were better than Paris wings, Paris wings would not be so popular in use.
So after getting the ripped wings by the quest, Elga wings become unwanted then what? Sell it? Who would use it when it's not better than Paris wings? I also haven't told about the cost to make Elga wings is even more than the price of a Paris wings.

#27 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

release a hero Elga set.

#28 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

The rare set is already taking ages already D: Hero?...

#29 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:26 AM

I don't think a repeatable quest would work since PoS isn't made from recipes. Maybe a trade-in function? You trade in your Hero PoS weapon/cape and get back the concentrated heart/ripped wing. That function can easily be added to the NPC, I believe.

Still, I don't understand this sudden fuss about a set that's been in the game for years. I believe this game has a future and sooner or later a new end-game set will come.

its not a fuss, i was just making a suggestion. 

my husband played warmage for years and was a pvper and then arrived galaxy update, his skills were borderline stripped from critical rate, his critical dmg build that he used to have no longer worked because cdmg was capped, so then he looked at some other builds in hope to mix and match something different.. but hey then elements arrived. so he was forced to look at the only gear that had element def ... and ste stats?? so aimless...it like they made that set last under a deadline and just wanted to slap random things together to get it done with..

he was disappointed of course.. and why wouldn't he be..

other sets have 1 fail stat, why does warmage have to have 2??(i do not count the 1st mp one) lets compare it to the destroyer one...

the other 2 int sets are okay, they have some fillers but at least have some useful stats in there (invoker and summoner)4_by_sigeel-d99bajv.jpg

lets now compare the other agi classes on their sets (i apologize for capturing elga sets, but they are basically mimicked in PoS so you get the idea, i also apologize for not including sentinel and paladin, but I don't play the classes so i couldn't find info of their stats.) if anyone wants to pitch in feel free :D

5_by_sigeel-d99baxj.jpg

either way..

I'm not gonna hold my breath for the new content. that stuff even if was prepared does not mean its finished and would most likely need a new team assembled to get it finished.

Edited by sigeel, 12 September 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#30 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

my husband played warmage for years and was a pvper and then arrived galaxy update, his skills were borderline stripped from critical rate, his critical dmg build that he used to have no longer worked because cdmg was capped, so then he looked at some other builds in hope to mix and match something different.. but hey then elements arrived. so he was forced to look at the only gear that had element def ... and ste stats?? so aimless...it like they made that set last under a deadline and just wanted to slap random things together to get it done with..

he was disappointed of course.. and why wouldn't he be..

other sets have 1 fail stat, why does warmage have to have 2??(i do not count the 1st mp one) lets compare it to the destroyer one...(because these 4 classes are the only ones on high enough lvl to compare.

the other 2 int sets are okay, they have some fillers but at least have some useful stats in there (invoker and summoner)4_by_sigeel-d99bajv.jpg

lets now compare the other agi classes on their sets (i apologize for capturing elga sets, but they are basically mimicked in PoS so you get the idea, i also apologize for not including sentinel and paladin, but I don't play the classes so i couldn't find info of their stats.) if anyone wants to pitch in feel free :D

5_by_sigeel-d99baxj.jpg

either way..

I'm not gonna hold my breath for the new content. that stuff even if was prepared does not mean its finished and would most likely need a new team assembled to get it finished.

The thing that bothers me is that every class gets FCR as some POS Set stat except Ninja :'(

#31 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

The thing that bothers me is that every class gets FCR as some POS Set stat except Ninja :'(

if i remember correctly, ninjas have crate multipliers on their skills.

#32 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

Strength on the Overlord set is more like; "BUFF THE MOTHER @#!$ING STAT BEFORE YOU MAKE EVERY SET AND ITEM HAVE IT!"

#33 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

if i remember correctly, ninjas have crate multipliers on their skills.

only on certain skills the auto buff works for a short time. And the +5% CR passive skill is nothing compared to the twins passive

#34 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

Honestly some POS sets are so failed at set effect.

#35 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:50 AM

Honestly some POS sets are so failed at set effect.

well yes, that's why i am making a comparison.

#36 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

but hey then elements arrived. so he was forced to look at the only gear that had element def

You made two suggestions, one about randomising special options and one about changing set options. Your exposition is great, I can see the problems more clearly now. But I think the core problem is as always elements. PvPers are more or less forced to use PoS, as you mention. That's not how it should be. Another underlying problem is that evade rate has become useless for everyone when it should be the opposite. It's better to look into changing those things than to start adaptings sets. Well, it's my opinion at least.  :p_smile:

#37 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

You made two suggestions, one about randomising special options and one about changing set options. Your exposition is great, I can see the problems more clearly now. But I think the core problem is as always elements. PvPers are more or less forced to use PoS, as you mention. That's not how it should be. Another underlying problem is that evade rate has become useless for everyone when it should be the opposite. It's better to look into changing those things than to start adaptings sets. Well, it's my opinion at least.  :p_smile:

oh yes! definitely!

I always firmly believed that elements should have been implemented to affect pve only, while pvp should have remained clean so that people can enjoy experimenting with different builds.

#38 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:44 AM

because there is one impossible so...(nothing to say)

Edit : oh! don't forget to mention Dragoon's set as well!

Edited by SoulSight, 12 September 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#39 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

Edit : oh! don't forget to mention Dragoon's set as well!

I also apologize for not including sentinel and paladin, but I don't play the classes so i couldn't find info of their stats.) if anyone wants to pitch in feel free :D

you did not read the whole post, did you?

Edited by sigeel, 12 September 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#40 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

feel so sorry for myself :'( however, for this set stat change, i think we shall open the other topic.

#41 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

don't be sorry, we all make mistakes.

and yeah this should be a new topic, but for now i changed the topic name to fit what was discussed for now.

Edited by sigeel, 12 September 2015 - 11:41 AM.

#42 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

don't be sorry, we all make mistakes.

Some do more than they should.

#43 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:51 PM

Shall we ask to close this topic? ._.

#44 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

I've always been a big fan of the better the class' skill set the crappier their set bonuses should be. Which is generally how sets in DS work.

#45 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:41 PM

the better the class' skill set the crappier their set bonuses should be.

I see no crap at Earth Master, Ninja, Savage, Destroyer.

Edited by SoulSight, 12 September 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#46 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

I just disliked that PoS was Elga set with bigger set bonuses and flip-flopped individual piece bonuses. (Gloves, Shoulders, Shoes)

Players had greatly anticipated a set better than Elga due to how Elga set was for certain classes. But the only reason Hero PoS is preferred over Rare Elga is because of bigger numbers and that High 4-element resist is the "Meta" for gearing yourself.

#47 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

What in the world is fine about str. That is possibly the most useless stat in the game. Evade at least is useful against low aimed players.

Then again those 2 are still terribad regardless in general.

Edited by Agitodesu, 12 September 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#48 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

the only 2 usefull stats are agi (they are a base for aim, crate, dodge) and health.

as far as i know str raises physical atk and def. while int raises mag atk and def and mana. which in itself would be useful if it was actually noticeable.

if str and int both served as a base for some other stat (example- phys /mag dmg drop or cdmg or even block) those stats might have been even useful for stacking. this way the neutral agi and health are the only stats that matter.

Edited by sigeel, 12 September 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#49 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

At least int gives mp, str doesn't even give health.

#50 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

At least int gives mp, str doesn't even give health.

its because health gives health...

but i get what you mean, because int gives mp, it would be cool if str gave a simmilar boost. maybe if it also gave mp.. its not like there is a difference XD warriors and mages alike use mp.. its not like its differently called "stamina" or anything XD

Edited by sigeel, 12 September 2015 - 05:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users