Suggestion: special stat randomizer / set stats discussion - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion: special stat randomizer / set stats discussion

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

Str gives def and Cr but it amounts so low you'll never notice unless you look at it.

#52 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:18 PM

Str gives def and Cr but it amounts so low you'll never notice unless you look at it.

I don't know if you look up wiki or something, I tried to look at it and none of Cr was increased. :|

#53 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:40 PM

It gives a slight amount I tested it out with a small amount of str and added around 600 str. Just slightly but as stormhaven said it is so small it's not as noticable as stacking 600 Hlt, int, or  Agi.

#54 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

I think its stupid that one char can get basically one try at creating decent pos gear. I suggest creating a trade in mechanic of some kind for the pos items to be exchanged for essences or putting essences up in a shop for a bit over market value.

If the essences were in a shop one could easily make more pieces but would get punished by the high cost, and if they are higher than the market value if you wanted to sell the essences of your alt you could.

#55 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

If the essences were in a shop one could easily make more pieces but would get punished by the high cost, and if they are higher than the market value if you wanted to sell the essences of your alt you could.

It won't happen. The fact that I've seen : Essence used to be 200g each then gradually drops into 100g because someone farm it always and there is no way to compete low priced high quantity.

#56 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

It won't happen. The fact that I've seen : Essence used to be 200g each then gradually drops into 100g because someone farm it always and there is no way to compete low priced high quantity.

You mean dark essence? Because I´m not talking about that, I'm talking about items you get for having elga gear and from which you make the pos items. Wasn't too sure of the name of them, probably should have checked. 

So I mean putting concentrated black dragon hearts in the shop for like 3000g a piece, the price right now is 1000g-3000g depending on the heart. You only get 1 set of those per char which I think is kinda of stupid, since they are so important late game items.

EDIT: Important to note that if you buy them, you are buying them from someone that is selling their only set of hearts since they think they don't need them, and as we all know opinions might change and I think there should be some way to get those hearts other then having it be a cycle of mistakes or buying the hearts from peoples alts.

Edited by Precrush, 13 September 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#57 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

EDIT: Important to note that if you buy them, you are buying them from someone that is selling their only set of hearts since they think they don't need them, and as we all know opinions might change and I think there should be some way to get those hearts other then having it be a cycle of mistakes or buying the hearts from peoples alts.

I agree 100%

#58 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:48 AM

It's black dragon concentrated heart and I strongly agree.

#59 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:14 AM

Just made an element elga weapon, lo and behold, 1 stat and thats the worst one, 500 matk attack. I really think that's bull, takes like 5k gold and like that wasn't enough, farming those nails takes close to 10 hours game time. Now I have to do all of that again...

#60 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:48 AM

Just made an element elga weapon, lo and behold, 1 stat and thats the worst one, 500 matk attack. I really think that's bull, takes like 5k gold and like that wasn't enough, farming those nails takes close to 10 hours game time. Now I have to do all of that again...

i know your pain, i made this topic because i got protector wings without cdmg (and i specifically needed cdmg even if i got it only as one stat), so yeah... back to stalking the market for another essence i guess <_< 

#61 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

I know that feeling. Had to create 4 dark weapons and then there weren't enough dark blesses in shop anymore so I decided to make my 5th try an ice weapon and finally it got 3 stats

#62 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

my 5th try an ice weapon and finally it got 3 stats

The troll is real.

#63 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:35 AM

The troll is real.

elga element weapons have their special stats on toggle tho.same ones regular elga has.

if you made a regular elga weap with 3 stats, when merging with elements it can reroll it again to one stat or two.

dragonsaga15091719355402_by_sigeel-d99wv

this is something that happened to my husband when he made his elemental elga weap, from regular elga with 3 stats he ended with nature elga with only 1 stat.

Edited by sigeel, 17 September 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#64 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

I had my 3 opt (no evade) wings and rollback...more painful...

#65 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

I had my 3 opt (no evade) wings and rollback...more painful...

eww .. yeah... that really sucks... did you send a ticket so they could bring it back to you?

#66 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

You guys can try a different approach to this instead of putting the item straight in the item mall. Popcorn did mention it was definately not possible. Maybe a different solution might have a chance.

#67 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:41 AM

eww .. yeah... that really sucks... did you send a ticket so they could bring it back to you?

Obviously yes, I was so depressed and they didn't bring it back.

#68 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

Maybe a recycle function to trade in a cape for a ripped wing by gato, event pos material from farming other things, etc. People will either shove the unsatisfying wing/weapon in storage to stare at the failure or give up and just use it. Both without satisfaction. Or get mad and toss it. Having a trade feature would be nice since you wouldn't have to level a character from 1/20-81 and doing the massive quest chain. And the cost would be the same since you still need to remake the entire weapon, ex: cancer stones, serpent forces etc. I don't think having this would be game breaking. The defense for why it would be bad is that people might want to sell hearts for their own reason. The counter that I can only think of right now is that maybe people wouldn't want to do the quest chain or are heavy pve players who farm something like elga/dragon valley. They may want extra so at least it's still sellable, with maybe the exception to the default armor peices like ,top,helm,bottom, and so on of peices that do not require rerolling.

I'm not sure if trading certain items in is even possible right now considering how the element card trade system (5-6*) hasn't been implemented (yet I assume)

Edited by Agitodesu, 17 September 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#69 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:09 AM

Maybe a recycle function to trade in a cape for a ripped wing by gato, event pos material from farming other things, etc. People will either shove the unsatisfying wing/weapon in storage to stare at the failure or give up and just use it. Both without satisfaction. Or get mad and toss it. Having a trade feature would be nice since you wouldn't have to level a character from 1/20-81 and doing the massive quest chain. And the cost would be the same since you still need to remake the entire weapon, ex: cancer stones, serpent forces etc. I don't think having this would be game breaking. The defense for why it would be bad is that people might want to sell hearts for their own reason. The counter that I can only think of right now is that maybe people wouldn't want to do the quest chain or are heavy pve players who farm something like elga/dragon valley. They may want extra so at least it's still sellable, with maybe the exception to the default armor peices like ,top,helm,bottom, and so on of peices that do not require rerolling.

I'm not sure if trading certain items in is even possible right now considering how the element card trade system (5-6*) hasn't been implemented (yet I assume)

+1 

#70 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

and how about changing the quest into a repeatable OR change the quest into another repeatable. I mean creating new quests is possible, so maybe you could create a quest where you have to give away one BDL wing to get ripped wing and this is a repeatable quest. so you won't farm the ripped wing easily but you can get new tries for your pos wings with doing elga and getting BDL wings. Would that or any other way be possible? is there any chance to discuss about it?

I'm quoting my old suggestion for a repeatable wing quest by exchanging BDL wing for ripped POS wing or even a normal exchaning from Crete/Gato/Vending Machine/whatever  (still an effort to get the POS wings that way but if you want more tries you can get them that way)

Edited by Zackx23, 17 September 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#71 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

Woah That quote did I copy paste that from you? I'm sorry :<

#72 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

Woah That quote did I copy paste that from you? I'm sorry :<

oh no XD somehow my quoting kinda messed up XD i corrected it. the 2nd one was from me D:

(Still needs to get used to the forum :hmm: )

Edited by Zackx23, 17 September 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#73 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:10 AM

Suggestion: could elga weapons be made sellable in market/trade/mail? This way people who don't care too much about the special stats of the weapon could buy one cheap, the one who made that weapon did not waste everything and a nice little economy would revolve around making elga weps and, if one got a good one, then selling it for profit. Its like this with zaus and I don't think anyone has anything to complain about it with them, so it should be fine. This would mean both the regular weapons and element ones.

Edited by Precrush, 18 September 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#74 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:04 AM

Suggestion: could elga weapons be made sellable in market/trade/mail? This way people who don't care too much about the special stats of the weapon could buy one cheap, the one who made that weapon did not waste everything and a nice little economy would revolve around making elga weps and, if one got a good one, then selling it for profit. Its like this with zaus and I don't think anyone has anything to complain about it with them, so it should be fine. This would bean both the regular weapons and element ones.

They were made untradable a while back, probably to encourage making your own weapon. This was done before I started playing, sorry I don't know the reason! Although I wish I could trade you my old 2-stat health and int for that purty magic attack! I remember rage-logging out when my elga weapons DIDN'T get magic attack! Haha *pve player*

#75 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

7 tries for perfect stat element elga staff. 5 tries for perfect stat hero POS staff.

Just don't give up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users