2015 iRO PVP Tournament: Fall Brawl and Halloween Havoc - Page 8 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2015 iRO PVP Tournament: Fall Brawl and Halloween Havoc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#176 Cheezyman

Cheezyman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

Can it better something more value and not easily to find in game? IMO +12 and below is really mediocre(crappy), it should be like 2-3 upgrades of item of your choice and maybe USRC hat or something thats really rare,something worth fighting for since this tourney happens once this year?...TBH the prize is really mediocre... 2nd place and 1st place also basically have the same reward like...come on, brothers of GM of IRO.

Edited by Cheezyman, 30 October 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#177 lumnia223

lumnia223

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

=/ Those prizes for the top 3 winners of the tournament are really disappointing.

A +12, +10 and +8 (lol? really) upgrade of your choice of item is something that many lay players of the game have already.

It's nothing unique for an exclusive server-wide event such as this which attracts the most competitive players of the server. An event people and teams have been pouring several hours a day, for the past month preparing and practicing for.

This is the supposed tournament we now have in place of the grand "USRC", which rewarded exclusive prizes to the top winning teams, such as +13 max enchanted weapons, USRC hats, etc.

It's understandable that if the event is planned to be done more than once a year, that the prizes will be adjusted accordingly, but the prizes now offered are a joke in comparison!

How did we go from USRC crowns, headgears, max enchanted weapons ---> +8 upgrades? o_o

Edited by lumnia223, 30 October 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#178 amandabambi

amandabambi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

These prizes are really sad. All that practice time for a measly +12 upgrade for the tournament winners. The participation prize is worth more than the first place prize itself. Seeing as the competition is only happening once this year, USRC crowns should be awarded to the teams. With the current prizes, there really is no incentive for teams to participate in the future.

#179 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

+12 and not even enchanted? And +8? That's no better than a +7, so the 3rd place prize is a couple of safe certs, cool. Not that I entered or care about the tourney or its results at all, but these prizes are lolcats for a "Fall Brawl/Halloween Havoc" tourney.

#180 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:47 PM

I dont know about those guys^ but I for sure would be happy with a +8-12. Maybe I could finally upgrade my bazerald to +8 without risking it getting broken or having to spend my life savings on 4 regular eluniums.

#181 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

thinking about +12 witch's pumpkin hat...

#182 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

what if all your gears are already +12?

edit:

and that you already have a sakura crown . . . lol

Edited by KamiKali, 30 October 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#183 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:10 PM

+12 mjolnir would be nice gg

#184 Cheezyman

Cheezyman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

+12 is FREAKING GARBAGE, i know you can do better than that! atleast please give us +13 and enchants something like that please ! like last year!

Edited by Cheezyman, 30 October 2015 - 02:37 PM.

#185 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:36 PM

Participation prize for all teams who have participated in Fall Brawl and Halloween Havoc tournament:

Costume Sakura Coronet

Here are the prizes for the Halloween Havoc tourney:

1st place prize

One +12 upgrade for an item for each member of the team+ RWC Crown 

2nd place prize

One +10 upgrade for an item for each member of the team+ RWC Crown 

3rd place prize

One +8 upgrade for an item for each member of the team+ RWC Crown 

The brackets for Tomorrow's tournament is here: http://challonge.com/ROHalloween15

The participation prize shouldn't be more valuable than the actual first place prizes.

It would be fine if you make it account bound, but otherwise people will sell them for multiple billions.

I propose

1st place - +3 upgrade to an item of your choice

2nd place - +2 upgrade to an item of your choice

3rd place - +1 upgrade to an item of your choice

This makes it so people can kind of have variety and potentially obtain something noteworthy.

Make a limit of no higher than +15 - +16 to prevent multiple people from stacking their prizes.

Edited by Myzery, 30 October 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#186 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:44 PM

The participation prize shouldn't be more valuable than the actual first place prizes.

It would be fine if you make it account bound, but otherwise people will sell them for multiple billions.

the prize was also already given to 2-3 other art contests. I don't think it's a proper choice and worse if account bound IMO since some people may already have one and would want to sell doubles.

if this was to be Halloween themed, having the prize that was given to the winners of the Halloween load screen (White Lily ? ) would be better, along with  upping the 1-2-3rd place prizes to something else.

I really wouldn't have been praciticing a few hours 2-3 days a week for an entire month to have something that I already have (the Sakura Crown), and an upgrade that I can easily obtain. If I spent that time playing RO and making zeny, it would easily cover the upgrade and more.

edit: I think +3 to anything is too OP lol. . .

Edited by KamiKali, 30 October 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#187 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

the prize was also already given to 2-3 other art contests. I don't think it's a proper choice and worse if account bound IMO since some people may already have one and would want to sell doubles.

if this was to be Halloween themed, having the prize that was given to the winners of the Halloween load screen would be better, along with  upping the 1-2-3rd place prizes to something else.

I really wouldn't have been praciticing a few hours 2-3 days a week for an entire month to have something that I already have (the Sakura Crown), and an upgrade that I can easily obtain. If I spent that time playing RO and making zeny, it would easily cover the upgrade and more.

edit: I think +3 to anything is so OP lol. . .

I don't think +3 is too OP if you set limits.
Most likely it will be to KvM weapons which are account bound and super strong, but seeing as how in the past people got God items as prizes, I don't think it's too far out of touch.
I admit that it could be super strong depending on the items.

This sakura crown is costume though and the others aren't are they? I'm just going off the Classic version.
Never considered that the ones on Renewal were costume. I do agree that it probably should be another prize if anything.

Although if it's an exclusive hat, it's gonna still be worth a ton.

Edited by Myzery, 30 October 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#188 amandabambi

amandabambi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:50 PM

The Sakura Coronet is a costume, not a regular headgear. It is not the same as the ones awarded in the past. The participation prize is fine and can be account bound if needed, but the upgrade prizes for the top three teams need to change.

#189 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:55 PM

I don't think +3 is too OP if you set limits.
Most likely it will be to KvM weapons which are account bound and super strong, but seeing as how in the past people got God items as prizes, I don't think it's too far out of touch.
I admit that it could be super strong depending on the items.

This sakura crown is costume though and the others aren't are they? I'm just going off the Classic version.
Never considered that the ones on Renewal were costume. I do agree that it probably should be another prize if anything.

Although if it's an exclusive hat, it's gonna still be worth a ton.

I guess it's less shocking if you compare it with the past god items.

The Sakura Crown is not a costume, but for a vanity hat, I don't think it makes a difference whether it is or not.

But you're right, the participation prize should not be worth more than the actual prizes, and it should be changed to something else.

#190 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

+3 my +14 KVM please.

#191 OrganicSalmon

OrganicSalmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

Is there anyway we can just do the old USRC headgears?

#192 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

Is there anyway we can just do the old USRC headgears?

Probably an even worse solution, Dan.
Some are worth 12b+

#193 lumnia223

lumnia223

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

Handing those out as a general participation prize isn't a good idea, but as a prize to the top 3 winning teams it's actually appropriate. It's how it was done in the past, it's an "USRC headgear prize" after all.

As of recently though Oda has been awarding them to community event volunteers for hosting events. Why not add it as a prize?

#194 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

I wouldnt mind a +12 Quadrille[2] tho...

#195 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

As of recently though Oda has been awarding them to community event volunteers for hosting events. Why not add it as a prize?

clearly everyone needs to just host a random community event to make an easy several billion

#196 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

Apparently I was skipped for my Secret Odin events.

#197 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:05 PM

Apparently I was skipped for my Secret Odin events.

Probably because they don't know what they are talking about.

They were given out to first and second place only in the past.

You got to pick what you wanted from the NPC. This was when there was a lot more competition though.

So yeah, I could see them being given to first and second again, but not to anyone who participated.

Prizes are nice, but being the best should be what ultimately matters.

Edited by Myzery, 30 October 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#198 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

Participation prize for all teams who have participated in Fall Brawl and Halloween Havoc tournament:

Costume Sakura Coronet

Here are the prizes for the Halloween Havoc tourney:

1st place prize

One +12 upgrade for an item for each member of the team+ RWC Crown 

2nd place prize

One +10 upgrade for an item for each member of the team+ RWC Crown 

3rd place prize

One +8 upgrade for an item for each member of the team+ RWC Crown 

The brackets for Tomorrow's tournament is here: http://challonge.com/ROHalloween15

So there are only 4 teams?  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

#199 Pandiwi

Pandiwi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1196 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

I don't understand why people are worry about the participation prize, when clearly the problem is with the top three prizes.  :hmm:

There were 5 teams in the first qualifying round and 2 in the second. That means 49 people will receive the Costume: Sakura Coronet. It's more likely the men who won't care for the cute headgear ( well, except for some of them *cough* like my team *cough* ), so there will be maybe 10 Sakura Coronets in the market, at most 49 ( highly unlikely to reach anywhere near this figure as most people will want to keep their headgear as a souvenior ). More people will have a chance at owning the headgear, rather than have it reserved for artists and event organisers only, why that's a bad thing?. Any other cute headgear ( for example the White Lily that was mentioned ) it would be exactly the same... so I don't really see any difference in pick X cute headgear or Y cute headgear.

At the end of the day, it's just a cute hat lol, it isn't something that will break or unbalance the game. It's a participation prize for all the participants who have put a lot of effort into organizing a team and dedicated hours/days/weeks to train and make their teams competitive for the tournament. I don't see any issue with the participation prize at all. Yes, the winners are more important, and that's why the top three prizes should be way better than the participation prize.

There are some good ideas here in this thread on how to make the top three prizes more in-line with the end result, and I think that is what the GM team should focus their attention on.  :ok:

Edited by Pandiwi, 31 October 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#200 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:41 AM

1st: +13 any item, custom enchant (FS9 etc...)
2nd:+12 any item, max enchant
3rd: +9 any item, almost max enchant

i think those are cool  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users