XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

So where can I level my GX from 150-160? I have been out for a while and don't know where to go I would prefer a place that maybe I can solo and just RC but any info as to where I can level would be appreciated thanks. 

#2 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

if you don't mind going slow, just do instance runs every day. that's how i got mine to 160 lol. just grind OGH, jitter every day

otherwise, i hear nightmare clocktower is decent

#3 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Devil's Tower is pretty good too. The boss gives a nice exp. Pop a bm before killing the boss, then go to NCT for the remaining bm duration.

#4 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

Bifrost tower (level 2; use water endow), nightmare clocktower (wear shadow armor)

I prefer bifrost tower more (for 150->160). It also has all monsters on bounty boards in mora, so yay. 

#5 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

if you don't mind going slow, just do instance runs every day. that's how i got mine to 160 lol. just grind OGH, jitter every day

otherwise, i hear nightmare clocktower is decent

Sorry I just got back so I don't quite know all the stuff you're talking about. What instance runs are you talking about specifically and what is OGH and jitter?

#6 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:13 AM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Old_Glast_Heim
http://irowiki.org/w...arish_Jitterbug remember to talk to Naruto back in eden to get your exp after
http://irowiki.org/w...i/Devil's_Tower

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:36 AM

midget narutard

#8 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:36 AM

Are these soloable with the right gears?

#9 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

yes definitely

#10 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:53 AM

Luina dungeon 2 / Bifrost Tower 2F / Nightmare Clock Tower

Vip + manuals and 3~4 hours a day of active leveling in 2~3 weeks you should be able to 175 from 150

#11 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Luina dungeon 2 / Bifrost Tower 2F / Nightmare Clock Tower

Vip + manuals and 3~4 hours a day of active leveling in 2~3 weeks you should be able to 175 from 150

ew I didn't know that it would be this hard. 

#12 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

170 - 175 takes around ~25 hours on VIP with BMX3 up for the whole time if you grind Nightmare CT.

Edited by Calza, 16 September 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#13 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

Bifrost tower (level 2; use water endow), nightmare clocktower (wear shadow armor)

I prefer bifrost tower more (for 150->160). It also has all monsters on bounty boards in mora, so yay. 

I just looked up Bifrost Tower level 2 and I don't understand how water endow will help me there. Please correct me if I'm wrong but its the map with Cenere, Antique Book and blue/yellow Lichtern right?

#14 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

I just looked up Bifrost Tower level 2 and I don't understand how water endow will help me there. Please correct me if I'm wrong but its the map with Cenere, Antique Book and blue/yellow Lichtern right?

I haven't been there for a long time so I can't tell you if the database is updated/correct. But I remember on 2nd floor you could find Cenere, Antique Book, Red and Yellow Lichtern.

Antique Book is not weak to any property so you would want to stick with neutral against them. Cenere is weak to poison and earth.The problem comes now. Yellow Lichtern (ghost type) takes only 25% of poison and earth element is not effective against Red Lichtern (fire property). Also, Lichterns are your biggest challenge there because the yellow one cast soul strike and the red one fire bolt. We know Gx's are usually weak to magic attacks due to low mdef and that's why Angeling / Fire armor is a must. So basically you want to kill Lichterns first. But how? Yellow Lichtern is weak to ghost only but ghost property does little or absolutely no dmg on Red lichterns and Antique books. So for God Sake, what poperty should I choose? Remember that Red Lichterns are weak to water. Except for Cenere that takes about 90% from water (according to irowiki), Yellow Lichtern and Antique Book take 100% , making water endow your optimal choice because you will kill Red Lichterns faster and the rest will take at least 90 to 100% damage (better than having one of them taking 0 to 25% dmg from other properties).

Hope it helps you understand why water endow ;D

Note: Forget about 1st floor. Blue Lichtern cast Frost driver and obviously you will get frozen without marc. In simple words, 1st floor sucks.

Edited by Richkr, 16 September 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#15 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

Red/yellow lichtern. Yellow = ghost, so you need endow to damage them. Red lichterns are the most dangerous things on the map, so the water endow helps to kill them fast (They are fire element). The other two monsters, books and ceneres, either take full damage or only partial reduced damage from water. But they are not a threat, so the main issue is to kill the lichterns. 

Blue/yellow are on floor 1, I advise floor 2 -- it is more mobby (smaller map) and the lictherns can't freeze you.

#16 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:23 PM

Some add on.. Try to use cloaking to walk pass level 1 or teleport... you wouldnt want to level there

If you are unlucky enough to meet blue lichtern.. They cast waterball.. And there you go...>.<

#17 qweweqweqwq

qweweqweqwq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:56 PM

if OP still has his Samurai specter card my advice just go party w/ people in bio4 and rape randells

#18 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

if OP still has his Samurai specter card my advice just go party w/ people in bio4 and rape randell

AHAHAHAHAHAH yea I actually do but last I tried to find bio4 parties it was hard and I was getting the feeling they didn't like GXs that much.

#19 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

150 to 160 I did luina GD2. Full of angra/killer mantis, plus mora angra mantis board to turn in.

I did it like this:

Kill 150 mantis for board
pop manual and take reward + bounty
kill 150 more, take reward + bounty
kill last 150, take reward

I don't have a guild that owns castles though, so I went in when it was open for general public due to investments.

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

the lichterns aren't deadly as long as you wear the appropriate elemental armor. you can also hide the bolt damages too.

level 2 is the best place to go if you're gonna hit up the tower, blue lichterns freeze and green lichterns stone curse so you're going to have a lot more downtime running around those maps. there are also no ceneres on level 3.

#21 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

so visiting bifrost 2 will give me more xp due to bounty boards or should i stick to NCT popping bmx3s on each grind?

currently 164 here 

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

try both and see for yourself.

note, you can probably complete at least 2 sets of cenere/antique book counts within one bmx3, maybe even 3 if you're super fast.

#23 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:46 AM

I'll give it a shot.  Hopefully Lichterns won't give me much problems. NCT is pretty steady when it comes to grinding since there are less things to watch out for. 

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

with fire armor, the only thing you need to worry about is the soul strike from ghost lichterns. edp, hf thana, rwh has everything dying so fast you won't even notice the damage they do to you. the mobs on floor 2 don't inflict any other negative status besides blind, and a blinker/blinder/adurate will eliminate that as well.

#25 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

A common strategy for me was to grind bifrost 2 until I had various bounty boards filled up, then use the BMx3 and high-tail it to NCT for the remainder. 

This was after level 160, as before that I found that bifrost gave better xp-per-hour due to how fast you can kill the monsters, and how many at a time. NCT is a bit dangerous when you mob many of the big bells, and also, they can be somewhat spread out over the larger map. Overall, I don't like NCT, but in terms of 'xp per kill' it's definitely the go to spot after a certain level. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users