Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:31 PM

Shadow did not give me the aspd bonus it was supposed to when I tried it last, at 99/50.

#77 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

So no new input? :/

#78 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:30 PM

It is reassuring to see that Taekwon Classes haven't been forgotten, as well as seeing "new class". So they won't be like Super Novices, thank goodness.

I was never on the bandwagon of "transcending" the Taekwon Classes. Their progression is pretty much the closest to the Core 13, so I don't see a need to change it. Their HP/SP mods will simply be on par with Non-Trans 3rd Jobs, a concept people spoiled by transcendence quickly and conveniently forget. Personally, I'd like a 3rd TKM's HP mod to match Mechanic, while their SP will most likely be in that same giant pool that excludes the Mages, Gene, AB, and RK. 3rd Soul Linkers seem fit to hover around the mods of Sorc and AB. As a legit 3rd Class, that allows them to use Trans gear for assistance in equips as well.

If they want to revamp stuff for Soul Linkers, the main skill needs to be Kaite. Modding it to only work on Single-Target magic was enough of a nerf to make terrible Wizard players happy to resume casting AoEs on single targets. The idiotic 400% damage addition was asinine for a skill meant to defend. I don't buy whatever elitists say about the skill, it is defensive. I also hope they remove that level limit. My only other adjustment suggestion is to turn it into a variant of Defending Aura, reducing magic damage and slowing the caster/recipient. Greater reduction for Soul Linkers, lowered reduction on everything else. Eska could also be revamped, since its only affecting Soft DEF/MDEF, but I'm not entirely certain how.

Taekwon Master... I never liked that it was so forced into using the day-based skills. In the end, it was a glorified auto attacker, style with little substance.Opposition and Union could use adjustments, the former needs to be opened up for more monsters in a Renewal sense and the latter needs better implementation as a "berserk" like skill. The 20% HP limit is the worst.

3rd Soul Linkers would be due for an AoE. It should be close to Psychic Wave in usage, since Sorcs ripped off Esma's concept anyway. I don't think they need to get any more offensive, however. I can see improved Esma, an AoE, and probably a DoT attack at the most. I'm not at all big on melee attacks being added, so I won't comment. Support-wise, I like the idea of borrowing from the manwha's clerics. Let them infuse weapons and armors, though it'd be very nice to see another effective healing class so people aren't so hopelessly dependent on Arch Bishops... My Inner Fan would love to see the devs take the lore of Soul Linkers calling upon spirits and grant the class their own Spirit System that differs from Sorcerer.

A 3rd Class Taekwon Master desperately needs standalone attacks that can be comboed. For example, a short AoE stomp that grows in radius and power if it is used after Tornado Kick, or a strong melee kick that can cause knockback damage if used after Flying Kick. The Master skills could be developed and used more efficiently... Like consuming SLS Heat to use a ranged attack or a self-buff.

#79 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

Taekwon Master... I never liked that it was so forced into using the day-based skills. In the end, it was a glorified auto attacker, style with little substance.Opposition and Union could use adjustments, the former needs to be opened up for more monsters in a Renewal sense and the latter needs better implementation as a "berserk" like skill. The 20% HP limit is the worst.

ALSJ,

Totally agree. It's like..

OS-TKM-Funny_zpsqjfq5mey.jpg

#80 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

Its a "neat" idea, on paper. I'd prefer an adjustment where you get general, smaller boosts from having the skills on a daily basis, which then get amplified accordingly on the specific days (or full if Miracle activated). At least it wouldn't feel like such a shaft if you miss a day to use a specific buff.

It might be just me, and its a random thought, but I've always thought TKMs should've been able to equip knuckles. They'd be the quicker, but weaker alternative to Books, though most knuckles are very Monk biased.

I wonder what they could consider for those that want to maintain TK Rankers... The best and easiest thing I can see, presently, is to adjust TK Mission to not assign mobs above 99, or maybe that should be 104-109 in light of EXP payouts.

#81 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

Its a "neat" idea, on paper. I'd prefer an adjustment where you get general, smaller boosts from having the skills on a daily basis, which then get amplified accordingly on the specific days (or full if Miracle activated). At least it wouldn't feel like such a shaft if you miss a day to use a specific buff.

It might be just me, and its a random thought, but I've always thought TKMs should've been able to equip knuckles. They'd be the quicker, but weaker alternative to Books, though most knuckles are very Monk biased.

I wonder what they could consider for those that want to maintain TK Rankers... The best and easiest thing I can see, presently, is to adjust TK Mission to not assign mobs above 99, or maybe that should be 104-109 in light of EXP payouts.

I've also thought some form of handgear is appropriate. People get caught up on just kicks for TK. Unless you're doing Olympic style for mainly just kicks, folks forget the traditional, sanctioned style out of South Korea has just as much hand movements as kicks.

There really should be a passive skill whick relates to belt ranks.

The Soul Linker should have an AOE skill, no ifs about that.

#82 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

:/

#83 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

aaaannnd topic died :/

#84 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:52 AM

Guess with all the Rebel hype the topic was overshadowed :/

#85 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

There isn't a lot to talk about, since we all know the issues and aspirations. Concepts, maybe...

#86 Kei23

Kei23

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Server:Chaos, Odin

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

After looking at the name choices and seeing summoner, and reading over the skills. If this goes, I'll consider making a TK.

#87 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:09 AM

Now to throw in my inklings, if the TK classes won't have any rebirth classes, then to make it fair, the 3rd class TKM and SL should be lv160/60 max if not 175/70 vs. 175/60 of other classes (Kagero/Oboro and Outlaw included should their level caps be raised to 175). Do note that TKs' max job lv is only jlv50 whereas Ninjas and Gunslingers' is jlv60. Transcendent 2nd classes max job level is also jlv60. So....

As for the 3rd class TKM skills:

"Trance" - Max lv3. Active. Transfigures the caster into an otherworldly being. Stats and movement speed are raised to 4%/8%12% for 3 minutes. Drains 1% of hp and sp per second. TK kicks can be used without activating the corresponding stances while skill is active. 5 minute cooldown.

"Quasar" - Max lv5. Offensive. Matk based skill. Creates an 9x9 active AoE that pulls nearby enemies within the AoE slowing down movement speed and attack speed, damaging them every 2 seconds. Damage is increased based on the number of enemies pulled within the AoE.

For the 3rd class SL, I say Shaman. Yep, I'm aware the latter is already existent in a spinoff but this one ought to be different in its features. Apperance-wise, methink Korean Emperor/Empress-ish outfit would be perfect. As for the skills:

"Meditation" - Passive. Max lv10. Reduces sp consumption of supportive skills and increases duration of buffs. Boosts Summoned Spirit's stats.

"Astral Projection" - Supportive. Max lv5. Shaman goes into a Play Dead-like status and spawns a spirit (biolab sprite) version of the caster. Astral Projection status changes the caster's property (armor) to ghost and enables the caster to pass through obstacles and see hidden characters. The camouflage-invisibility granted by the skill doesn't work on ghost, demon, and mvp (yes it should work on insect) but doesn't get cancelled even when hit, only when depleted of hp/sp. Attacking and using skills and items are disabled in this state. Only the Summoned Spirit can attack or use skills. Drains 2% sp per second at max level. When cancelled, the spirit is instantly brought back to its physical body.

"Possession" - Max lv10. Debuff. Possesses a target. When successful, the target falls under Chaos status with halved stats and caster steals a random skill. The target cannot use the stolen skill while the caster can use the stolen skill for the duration of Possession. Caster is rendered immobile while skill is active. Higher skill level increases success rate of Possession and increases the skill's duration. Magnus Exorcismus cancels the status and damages both caster(100% dmg) and possessed(50% dmg) with the first hit of the skill.

"Kindred Soul" - Max lv10. Active. Summons a Neutral Spirit with a set of skills and stats. Warm Wind changes the Spirit's element as well as its appearance, stats and skills accordingly. Consumes summoning catalysts when cast and fails otherwise. Higher skill level grants the Spirit better stats and access to more skills. <--Thinking the Es and Ka skills limitations should remain as is so this active skill shall serve as Shaman's main offense since the Spirit's Offensive skills are not limited to PVM. Summoned Spirit's Supportive skills however can only be cast on the Caster and the Summoned Spirit.

"Necromancy" - Max lv10. Passive. Reduces damage taken from undead monsters and increases atk and hp pool of summoned undead. When mastered, gives a chance of spawning a random undead to the Shaman's side each time an enemy is killed by the Shaman.

"Lich's Creed" - Max lv5. Debuff. Zombifies a target and enemies near the target. Higher skill level raises success rate and debuff duration. Targets buffed with Kaahi gets damaged instead of healed when receiving physical attacks and targets buffed with Kaizel don't get resurrected upon death while under Lich's Creed effect.

"Lich's Realm" - Max lv10. Active. Summons a horde of random Undead non-MVP monsters to follow and fight for the caster. Higher skill level means more mobs and gives higher chance of summoning stronger undead monsters. Summoned undead don't disappear until depleted of their hp. <-- Skill points allocation/Skill Tree should make it impossible to master both Necromancy and Kindred Soul.

"Holocaust" - Max lv5. Offensive. Calls the dead of the land to immobilize enemies within 9x9 AoE and damaging them over time.

"Dark Redemption" - Max lv5. Supportive. Resurrects fallen allies screenwide. Resurrected allies are under Zombie status for 3 minutess.

"Divination" - Max lv5. Passive. Increases Flee and Perfect Dodge and the chance of activating tumbling by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%.

"Mass Hysteria" - Max lv3. Supportive. Soul Links every party member with spirits that correspond to their respective classes.

"Shaman's Talisman" - Max lv3. Supportive. Casts party-Kaite.

"Shaman's Guidance" - Max lv3. Supportive. Cast party-Kaupe.

"Shaman's Boon" - Max lv3. Supportive. Casts party-Kaahi.

"Afterlife" - Max lv3. Supportive. Casts party Kaizel.

Edited by ROCKheir, 10 December 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#88 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:12 AM

Now to throw in my inklings, if the TK classes won't have any rebirth classes, then to make it fair, the 3rd class TKM and SL should be lv160/60 max if not 175/70 vs. 175/60 of other classes (Kagero/Oboro and Outlaw included should their level caps be raised to 175). Do note that TKs' max job lv is only jlv50 whereas Ninjas and Gunslingers' is jlv60. Transcendent 2nd classes max job level is also jlv60. So....

As for the skills:

"Trance" - Max lv3. Active. Transfigures the caster into an otherworldly being. Stats and movement speed are raised to 4%/8%12%  for 3 minutes. Drains 1% of hp and sp per second. 5 minute cooldown. 

For 3rd class SL, I say Shaman. Yep, I'm aware the latter is already existent in a spinoff but this one ought to be different its features. Apperance-wise, methink Korean Emperor/Empress-ish outfit would be perfect. As for the skills:

"Meditation" - Passive. Max lv10. Reduces sp consumption of supportive skills and increases duration of buffs. Boosts Summoned Spirit's stats.

"Astral Projection" - Supportive. Max lv5. Shaman goes into a Play Dead-like status and spawns a spirit (biolab sprite) version of the caster. Astral Projection status changes the caster's property (armor) to ghost and enables the caster to pass through obstacles and see hidden characters. The camouflage-invisibility granted by the skill doesn't work on ghost, demon, and mvp (yes it should work on insect) but doesn't get cancelled even when hit, only when depleted of hp/sp. Attacking and using skills and items are disabled in this state. Only the Summoned Spirit can attack or use skills. Drains 2% sp per second at max level. When cancelled, the spirit is instantly brought back to its physical body.

"Possession" - Max lv10. Debuff. Possesses a target. When successful, the target falls under Chaos status with halved stats and caster steals a random skill. The target cannot use the stolen skill while the caster can use the stolen skill for the duration of Possession. Caster is rendered immobile while skill is active. Higher skill level increases success rate of Possession and increases the skill's duration. Magnus Exorcismus cancels the status and damages both caster(100% dmg) and possessed(50% dmg) with the first hit of the skill. 

"Kindred Soul" - Max lv10. Active. Summons a Neutral Spirit with a set of skills and stats. Warm Wind changes the Spirit's element as well as its appearance, stats and skills accordingly. Consumes summoning catalysts when cast and fails otherwise. Higher skill level grants the Spirit better stats and access to more skills. <--Thinking the Es and Ka skills limitations should remain as is so this active skill shall serve as Shaman's main offense since the Spirit's Offensive skills are not limited to PVM. Spirit's Supportive skills however can only be cast on the Caster and the spirit. Mastering Kindred Soul should limit skill points allocation to supportive skills.

"Necromancy" - Max lv10. Passive. Reduces damage taken from undead monsters and increases atk and hp pool of summoned undead.

"Lich's Creed" - Max lv5. Debuff. Zombifies a target and enemies near the target. Higher skill level raises success rate and debuff duration. Targets buffed with Kaahi gets damaged instead of healed when receiving physical attacks and targets buffed with Kaizel don't get resurrected upon death while under Lich's Creed effect.

"Lich's Realm" - Max lv10. Active. Summons a horde of random Undead non-MVP monsters to follow and fight for the caster. Higher skill level means more mobs and gives higher chance of summoning stronger undead monsters. Summoned undead don't disappear until depleted of their hp. <-- Skill points allocation/Skill Tree should make it impossible to acquire/master both Necromancy and Kindred Soul.

As for the Shaman Buffs, I'd post my ideas next time.

Gonna throw in that ninja/Gunslinger have 70 job levels before Kag/obo and Rebel, so yeah the TK's above 100 if they do get a 3rd class really should get more job levels in the end, would only make it fair.

#89 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:35 AM

Yea but hitting jlv70 for 3rd class TKs should be equivalent to regular classes hitting jlv60 in terms of how long to get to the max jlv. Lower exp table for 3rd class TKs per se. Imagine how ridiculously long and hard it would be for them to reach max jlv if their exp tables won't be adjusted accordingly.

P.S.
Been trying to update my first post yesterday but power interruptions always get the better of me. Everytime I try to pour out all my ideas, power would be cut off giving me no chance to save my edits. =V Will try again when no longer busy.

Edited by ROCKheir, 09 December 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#90 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

I'm on the fence about 3rd Taekwon Classes having more Job Levels as compensation. While I understand one side, I look at it as this: When it happens, the 3rd Taekwons will literally be 3rd Classes, specifically Non-Transcendent 3rd Classes. This is unlike Kage/Obo and Rebel, which are 2nd Classes. As 3rd Classes, it should also allows previous Transcendent Only and current "3rd Class Only" gear for them to make use of. I'm even curious if they'd be given Full Throttle... But with more gear, that might be a means of compensation.

I still want to see Dark Knight and Shaman implemented, so I personally try to avoid using their names and think of little differences between the latter and Soul Linkers.

Without delving too much in skill names and description, I'd love to see Soul Linkers with a spirit system similar to Sorc with elements of Homunculi/Mercenaries. I'd say base them on Ghost, Shadow, and Holy elements, with each one having their own stat biases that can grow and skills to learn. Maybe the Holy one is good for magic attacking and MDEF, the Shadow one is for physical attacking and attack buffs, and the Ghost one for enfeebling skills and defense buffs. Putting my inner fan away, I want to see Ka type skills inspired by RG and AB, modified accordingly.

If TKM gets standalone attacks, with the optional, yet welcomed ability to combo from previous attacks, then one of its most glaring issues is solved. The concept of the Master Skills can be adjusted with a 3rd Class, similar to how a Monk has combo skills and spirit skills for its versatility. Close combat skills and SLS skills that go beyond a barrier and conditional buffs. Even the two exclusive skills TKM gets in Ragnarok DS, Phoenix Kick and Ki Blast, could be utilized.

#91 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

Nother suggestion is to implement a TK/TKM-exclusive combat shoes (+atk). Really, martial artists wielding books for combat is simply retarded. Devs may remove TKM's capability to equip books consequently.

#92 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

I wouldn't exactly miss books, though it'd be a grand opportunity to implement some new ones. Maybe a new skill could be crafted that works like the intended effect of Lif's Mental Change? That would allow Books to shine with their MATK bonuses. Like I mentioned before, I still believe the class should be able to use Knuckles as an option.

I'm rather surprised there hasn't been any footgear made with the class in mind. The only gear set that really evokes the image of TKM is the Sprint Set, and they can't wear it.

#93 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

Knuckles would make sense if they really couple their kicks with punching (which they should as punch-kick martial artists) but in game, sadly, it's all kicks. Another benefit of removing the capabaility to wield hand-held weapons is the activation of spurt status thru sprint. Implementing TK/TKM Atk Shoes will really make TKs/TKMs unique. ^^

#94 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:02 PM

Knuckles still make sense, as the actual TKD style uses both hands and feet, with just a heavy emphasis on kicking. Its like how Sura has an implied kick, Windmill, though you mostly see them punching.

I certainly don't mind a special footgear that caters to the class, but I'd also like to see more weapon variety to make use of. Optimally, I feel like they should make the Spurt status more attractive with a 3rd Job to warrant more usage from it. As it stands, its best utilized as a Taekwon Kid because of its restrictions. If a specially made footgear can help out with that, by all means bring it on.

As far as substats go, I feel TKM should have the same base ASPD mod as Sura. Maybe even faster. Skills alone show they should be capable of attacking quickly, even with the costs.

#95 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

Knuckles still make sense, as the actual TKD style uses both hands and feet, with just a heavy emphasis on kicking. Its like how Sura has an implied kick, Windmill, though you mostly see them punching.

I certainly don't mind a special footgear that caters to the class, but I'd also like to see more weapon variety to make use of. Optimally, I feel like they should make the Spurt status more attractive with a 3rd Job to warrant more usage from it. As it stands, its best utilized as a Taekwon Kid because of its restrictions. If a specially made footgear can help out with that, by all means bring it on.

As far as substats go, I feel TKM should have the same base ASPD mod as Sura. Maybe even faster. Skills alone show they should be capable of attacking quickly, even with the costs.

For those who played the Playstation One with Xenogears and Fei you will understand.
This is what we need....

hqdefault.jpg

Video link of deathblow compilation is below to youtube.

Take note Gravity for TKMs. Don't screw it up this time.

Edited by Sladeero, 12 December 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#96 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

Knuckles would make sense if they really couple their kicks with punching (which they should as punch-kick martial artists) but in game, sadly, it's all kicks. Another benefit of removing the capabaility to wield hand-held weapons is the activation of spurt status thru sprint. Implementing TK/TKM Atk Shoes will really make TKs/TKMs unique. ^^

They should give them foot gear as the weapon instead, since they deal in kicks for the TKM, to compensate for the loss of books, AND make it passively stronger/compatible with sprint since it's a mastery, despite them having a "weapon" attached to their feet, it should be the equivelant of iron fist for monks, which increases the damgage barehanded AND with fists.  With sprint still allowing for the use of spurt status.

#97 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

Takin a break from the game for a little bit :/ work/health aren't in the best shape right now.  Will still try to discuss when/what I can if anyone still reads this :/

#98 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Takin a break from the game for a little bit :/ work/health aren't in the best shape right now.  Will still try to discuss when/what I can if anyone still reads this :/

Totally understand, get better! I've been checking back in myself lately to see what changes there have been in the last 2-3 months on the game.

I may upgrade some gear soon or something. There's a few things I want to dabble in that I never finished with.

Edited by Sladeero, 20 January 2016 - 06:01 PM.

#99 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

not just that but since i've been out of work due to illness(and health insurance issues due to having to switch to obamacare at the last second) for almost 2 months now, i've had no money to upkeep my 3 accounts as VIP, didn't have a chance to move things so that i could play as f2p if i wanted to :/

#100 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

File those taxes from when you were working. Stash the stuff on some alt-accts if needed so you don't need VIP to get to it. It's a PITA but doesn't require the cash flow.

Hey WarpPortal, how about a tax return weekend or something special ;-) LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users