#101 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

Could hopefully share in more input on this once I'm totally free of all responsibilities in commissions and real life. Might as well try working on a concept art for the TKM/SL advanced class.

#102 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

Could hopefully share in more input on this once I'm totally free of all responsibilities in commissions and real life. Might as well try working on a concept art for the TKM/SL advanced class.

Nice! I know I would look forward to some concept are on the class.  :thumb2:

Here's a question for everyone, assuming the class did get an update and...

- Assuming a non 3rd/trans update...level only...how would you update your TKM and/or SL?

- Assuming you did get a 3rd/trans update...includes higher level...how would you update your TKM and/or SL?

I realize skill sets at this point are unknown, just curious what thoughts folks had.

Edited by Sladeero, 24 January 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#103 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:44 AM

- Assuming a non 3rd/trans update...level only...how would you update your TKM and/or SL?

- Assuming you did get a 3rd/trans update...includes higher level...how would you update your TKM and/or SL?

I realize skill sets at this point are unknown, just curious what thoughts folks had.

Simple.  Update to A)Kill, B) Kill better, C) Kill it all :) lol they'd be strong that's for certain.

#104 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

Simple.  Update to A)Kill, B) Kill better, C) Kill it all :) lol they'd be strong that's for certain.

Alanthier,

Haha, I love the quick and easy answers.   :blaugh:

I started looking and figured out if the TKM ever got to do the special Temporal Boots I would jump on them.

The Temporal Luck Boots with Lucky Day and Attack Delay 4 would be sweet.

With 120 Luck you would get +30% Crit damage & an additional +8% Crit Damage at +12. This does not include the +10% ASPD.

The best of all is the +200 Luck for 5 secs without any penalty. Imagine +200 Luck (+67 ATK) factored into your Stellar Opposition (Base Level+Str+Luk+Dex), that is like +~67% damage increase on top of all of that. This is not including the Perfect Dodge and all of that.   :rice:

I know I mentioned this before, but considering the TKM can do critical attacks on all 10 Heat hits that would be insane!  :bow:

Edited by Sladeero, 25 January 2016 - 03:27 PM.

#105 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

But don't get your hopes too high, bro, it'll only break your heart. Expanded classes will never be made on par with the regular classes. (Still wishing gravity would scratch that notion up already tho)

#106 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

But don't get your hopes too high, bro, it'll only break your heart. Expanded classes will never be made on par with the regular classes. (Still wishing gravity would scratch that notion up already tho)

Shoot for the stars and if I manage to only land on the roof, well...at least I am off the ground. ;-)

Yes, I am managing my expectations.

Edited by Sladeero, 26 January 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#107 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:09 AM

Already made a rough sketch for SL advanced job. Will share it soon.

#108 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Already made a rough sketch for SL advanced job. Will share it soon.

Awesome! I am looking forward to the artwork with anticipation.

#109 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:33 AM

Yea, will just have to finish my last commission now 75~80% done. Could've finished it today if only power outage didn't strike the city. :pif:

#110 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Yea, will just have to finish my last commission now 75~80% done. Could've finished it today if only power outage didn't strike the city. :pif:

Sorry to hear that.  :(

-------------------------------

Not sure if this helps anyone but got critical hits up over 4.6K today when transformed into Eddga. Normal crit was around 4K.

TKM%20Crit%20Hits_zpshznaakjs.jpg

Hitting the eggs with...

- Mild Wind lvl 3

- +20 foods for STR, DEX, LUK

- Celermine

- Blessing

- +15 ATK from Energy stone buff

- Gurana candy

- Used another buff or two but forgot what it is

- Had 3 other party characters on map too for Kihop

- +5 Eddga Hat

There was no Opposition skill used. Once a map reset is done I'll have to see what the damage potential is then.

#111 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

I see that you're a TKM fanatic. Aight, if I were to ask you, what're the things you'd like to see, appearance-wise, in the possible TKM advanced job?

#112 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

I see that you're a TKM fanatic. Aight, if I were to ask you, what're the things you'd like to see, appearance-wise, in the possible TKM advanced job?

Hahaha...I guess I am a little.  :blaugh:

As far as thoughts on the appearance here are some.

Here are my assumptions and how I perceive things...

- Farther from the novice class a character gets the more detailed the appearance becomes. I think that is pretty much a given.

- Additionally, the character also takes on the source of their power. For TKMs that is the celestial bodies Sun, Moon, and Stars. This is why they can have a "God-like" look without necessarily God-like power for balancing purposes.

- The TKMs should reflect more Korean culture outfits since putting a Japanese or Chinese style out-fit would be a slap in the face...especially to Gravity (from S. Korea).

- Of course the male character should have a muscular physique and female should be trimmed and a little sexy without going overboard.  With that said, showing some skin for TKM class characters is not as much of an issue for them as say a Rune Knight. TKMs emphasize free-range of movement for their offensive skills and thereby "a good offense is a better defense."

As far as looks....

Male:

Face- depending on people's thoughts, there could be tiger stripes on the sides of the face similar to the pic I posted a few posts back. Again, the 3rd class TKM takes on a more deity-like look from the Dalnim and Haenim folklore. Just an idea.

Main body- I would have the main body outfit be a black color to signify the expanse of the universe with less cloth-like look and more silky.  Additionally, you could make it loose fitting or a little tighter (Under-Armor-like) to emphasize the muscular build of the character...aka 6-pack. Additionally it could be short sleeve. On the upper arm would be a tiger paw tattoo  (Tigers are big in Korean culture and plays along with the Deity idea I mentioned in a few posts back) which would represent a warning to anyone who would try to attack. The other option is for a tiger slash tattoo on the upper arm.

tiger-paw-smaller_zpsi5bso6k4.gif                                              slash.jpg

Over-garment (white and yellow in pic below)- There would be an over-garment on the outfit similar to a over-robe. The over-robe would have the celestial colors on it (orange, yellow and a purplish-blue color). Your call for adding any celestial symbols such as the celestial knot (middle). Finally, the celestial yin-yang symbol is below as another idea.

TKM-outfit%20idea_zpsuq16x0kq.jpg                          2354%20Celtic%20Knot%20&%20Symbols%20235      yin_yang%20Tri-edit_zpsrwp9uxwx.jpg

Footwear- would resemble something like this and also have a variety in order to increase damage. This would replace the books used by current TKMs.

Some could be studded with metal and others could have ki/chi properties under Yin-Yang (known as Taeguek in Korean). Additionally, the properties of ki and chi are based upon your own life-force and the life-force of things around you. Therefore, in the third class you gain a higher ability to manipulate your ki/chi which makes the VIT stat much more important to your damage potential. So, for example Temporal VIT boots could essentially increase the amount of damage you do. Any other footwear that increases blood circulation within the foot and increase the flow of ki/chi would also increase your damage potential. I would foresee skills in the third class giving more damage the higher your HP is. So, HP would determine damage potential but would use your SP to execute.

99761ad18c22e2cb41a43b07d0f7c451.jpg

Female: 

Main body: similar to the male in many aspects except the following...

Under-garment- is still black, with loose or more form fitting (again, Under-Armor) but totally sleeveless with the top part only sliding over the back of the neck. Therefore, the "back" (middle to upper part) of the female is bare. This plays into the free-range of movement and a little bit of the sexiness. The legging area should stop around the thighs as that is how the current female TKMs are. Also, female would have her 2 tattoos on her back where it is bare.

Over-garment- same as guy but in the same look the over-garment would fit around the back of the top-neck area. Thereby, allowing view of the tattoos as well.

Also, the over-garment would not go down quite as far much in the same fashion as the outfight of the TKM. The male's go down to his knees. The female's should stop around the thigh or above the knees. Again, same colors (orange, yellow and purplish-blue).

Footwear- same as guys but obviously a more petite size for the female.

The visual that comes to mind is a frontal/side view of the male standing next to the female with her back turned to the audience looking back at everyone.

This way you get a good view of the female's back and the tattoos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if I am off my rocker with anything mentioned. Since you are drawing this take any liberties you see fit.

Look forward to the artwork, thanks.

V/R

Sladeero

Edited by Sladeero, 01 February 2016 - 07:00 PM.

#113 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Nice ideas. Already started drawing the advanced SL class and been looking for patterns/symbols to adorn their garments. Your suggestions will help. Just have to make sure I won't find myself in hot water again by incorporating those. lol Still haven't contemplated much on the advanced TKM class so I'm looking for ideas from TK enthusiasts.

Edited by ROCKheir, 01 February 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#114 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:21 AM

Might take me a while before I could upload my concept art. Field work's been too physically straining for the last couple of days so I hit the sack shortly after I get back home. Prolly this Saturday I can share it with you guys.

#115 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:31 PM

Might take me a while before I could upload my concept art. Field work's been too physically straining for the last couple of days so I hit the sack shortly after I get back home. Prolly this Saturday I can share it with you guys.

ROCKheir,

I can't speak for the community but I am certainly willing to wait if it means a high quality product later. From my perspective take the time you need and address the needs of personal life, that comes first. Take care boss and get some rest.   :)

V/R

Sladeero

#116 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

Dat high quality expectation... /otl

Thanks, bro. It's not like the community, much less gravity, will pay attention to it. Still wanna share it tho for other TK enthusiasts just for the sake of discussion. ^^

#117 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

A simple level expansion + skills, a la Super Novice, would be sad. Regardless, updating it would be based on available gear choices and skills gained. If there isn't anything specialized given out, then things wouldn't be that different from Rebel. Outside of a ranged focus, you'd see mixes of all sorts of current equips and melee enchants. A 3rd Class would grant a few transcendent armors that aren't restricted.

#118 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

A simple level expansion + skills, a la Super Novice, would be sad. Regardless, updating it would be based on available gear choices and skills gained. If there isn't anything specialized given out, then things wouldn't be that different from Rebel. Outside of a ranged focus, you'd see mixes of all sorts of current equips and melee enchants. A 3rd Class would grant a few transcendent armors that aren't restricted.

A little late reply here...

Agree, a mix of equips is pretty much what I sport.  I updated some gears myself lately.

Now I hit 185 ASPD without the need for Stellar Protection. Of course this is with the following buff items...

- VIP buffs

- Berserk Potion

- Enriched Celermine juice

- Guarana Candy

Additionally, farming EMBs has gotten quicker and easier (no surprise there). Until I finish my book and other headgear upgrades I'll likely stick to the WPH/Hahoe combo.

I reviewed the ASPD bonus it gave me at various ranges and referenced many other sites. The ASPD increase appears to be 20% so it basically stacks another Berserk potion-like increase on top of what you got already (again no surprise).

I also found a sweet spot in the stats so my overall dps has gone up. I removed a few stat points from STR over to AGI and still have over 110 total so I am good.

Finally, should Gravity choose to go through with a 3rd class then a Crit build may be the best way to get the greatest dps at this point (15 crit hits/sec from heat/basic atks).

#119 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:31 AM

So...I'm back :3 at least some of this conversation still continued a little bit :)

#120 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

Welcome back!!  :wave:

I switched my TKM to a critical, auto-cast with Heat build. Solo'd Dracula the other day for fun. Yes, I know he's a weaker MVP but it was still fun.

Just working to figure out a few more things to finish my character.  :happy:

Edited by Sladeero, 13 March 2016 - 06:15 AM.

#121 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

wait, can heat even trigger autocasts? or does each hit " assist" towards the next autocast? Like using a Thorny+bison horn for a SC's shadowspell, where if it reflects, it doesn't trigger the next attack by itself, but stacks that % chance of the "next" mele attack being the trigger?.

Edit: Since when could anyone other than the camping botters even GET a chance to solo Dracula? o.O

Edited by Alanthier, 13 March 2016 - 07:46 AM.

#122 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

So I use a combination of autocasts. Based on the setup I call it "flexing." I call it flexing since these abilities kick in only when I need them to. It's great for mobbing or MVPs with lots of slaves.

The autocasts are broken up into those which trigger on attacking and those which trigger on being attacked.

I use...

TRIGGER ON BEING ATTACKED Category

- Musketeer Hat, Lvl 1 (30 secs) Adrenaline Rush (at ASPD 183 brings me up to ASPD 187 and 188 with Guarana Candy/VIP buffs). If we get a TK update in future this will be switched out for White Eddga hat.

- Grand Peco card, middle headgear processes level 1 Gloria for 10 secs...gives 30 LUK, 9 CRIT, 10 ATK, 10 MATK, 10 HIT, 6 FLEE, 3 P. DODGE, 6% CRIT Shield....and gives 10% ATK buff on SLS Wrath skills. Folks think it does not kick in a lot. I will say monster quantites 3 and over at a time causes this to process rather often.

- Working on getting Advanced Ring of Resonance (A. RoR); 2 DEF/MDEF, +3 AGI, +1 VIT, +10 MATK; Casts: Venon Splasher, Tarot Card of Faith, Quagmire, Heal, Assumptio

---Together (A. ROFL/A. RoR) they cast: Meteor Assault, Occult Impaction and Lex Aeterna

TRIGGER ON ATTACKING Category

- CD in Mouth, I used this with A. ROFL on the fire eggs in the Izlude Academy to get a constant rate of bolts at ASPD 188 or higher.

- Advance Ring of Flame Lord (A. ROFL); +3 STR, +2 VIT, +20 ATK & 10% fire resist; casts Fireball, Gloria Domini, Zen, Bowling Bash and Fury

**Trigger on Atk only kick in with melee or shield reflect, not skills such as Heat. So you are correct on this. For example if you try to use Loli Ruri card for Heal lvl3 and A. RoR (Heal lvl 10) they will cancel out. Again, I had ASPD 188-190.

When I killed Dracula, I had Heat, mostly constant CRIT hits (due to high critical rate) and autocasts from A. ROFL/CD going off with bolts, fireballs...the works.

I also killed him at night so many folks were just trying to farm there and warped when he came around. Oh and I only have 10 VIT ( in addition to a +9 bonus)  :happy:

Additionally, I have enough LUK bonuses from equipment, cards, costumes, etc to cancel out the -20 LUK from the Ledger of Death.

Edited by Sladeero, 13 March 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#123 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

Rich ppl and your ridiculous overgearing XD

#124 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

So I use a combination of autocasts. Based on the setup I call it "flexing." I call it flexing since these abilities kick in only when I need them to. It's great for mobbing or MVPs with lots of slaves.

The autocasts are broken up into those which trigger on attacking and those which trigger on being attacked.

I use...

TRIGGER ON BEING ATTACKED Category

- Musketeer Hat, Lvl 1 (30 secs) Adrenaline Rush (at ASPD 183 brings me up to ASPD 187 and 188 with Guarana Candy/VIP buffs). If we get a TK update in future this will be switched out for White Eddga hat.

- Grand Peco card, middle headgear processes level 1 Gloria for 10 secs...gives 30 LUK, 9 CRIT, 10 ATK, 10 MATK, 10 HIT, 6 FLEE, 3 P. DODGE, 6% CRIT Shield....and gives 10% ATK buff on SLS Wrath skills. Folks think it does not kick in a lot. I will say monster quantites 3 and over at a time causes this to process rather often.

- Working on getting Advanced Ring of Resonance (A. RoR); 2 DEF/MDEF, +3 AGI, +1 VIT, +10 MATK; Casts: Venon Splasher, Tarot Card of Faith, Quagmire, Heal, Assumptio

---Together (A. ROFL/A. RoR) they cast: Meteor Assault, Occult Impaction and Lex Aeterna

TRIGGER ON ATTACKING Category

- CD in Mouth, I used this with A. ROFL on the fire eggs in the Izlude Academy to get a constant rate of bolts at ASPD 188 or higher.

- Advance Ring of Flame Lord (A. ROFL); +3 STR, +2 VIT, +20 ATK & 10% fire resist; casts Fireball, Gloria Domini, Zen, Bowling Bash and Fury

**Trigger on Atk only kick in with melee or shield reflect, not skills such as Heat. So you are correct on this. For example if you try to use Loli Ruri card for Heal lvl3 and A. RoR (Heal lvl 10) they will cancel out. Again, I had ASPD 188-190.

When I killed Dracula, I had Heat, mostly constant CRIT hits (due to high critical rate) and autocasts from A. ROFL/CD going off with bolts, fireballs...the works.

I also killed him at night so many folks were just trying to farm there and warped when he came around. Oh and I only have 10 VIT ( in addition to a +9 bonus)  :happy:

Additionally, I have enough LUK bonuses from equipment, cards, costumes, etc to cancel out the -20 LUK from the Ledger of Death.

what are your stats? I wanna test this for myself(with lower tier gears of course refine wise, the Autoproc stuffs I have)

#125 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

what are your stats? I wanna test this for myself(with lower tier gears of course refine wise, the Autoproc stuffs I have)

Areas in Orange are what I use most of the time but you may find something that works better for you.

Regarding the critical, auto-cast build for TKM and it focuses on self-sufficiency but will never replace a dedicated HP/AB.

This makes it more optimum for solo players to a certain point.

The following are the base stats used and does not include bonuses:

STR: 80

AGI: 33 or 90

INT: 1

VIT: 10

DEX: 50

LUK: 90 or 33 (less LUK = less SLS Wrath)

It seems crazy at first but let me explain how this works. This is because of the gear used.

Most of the gear used is very high level and I only recommend it if it can be used on another character-type (e.g. 3rd trans) and you have it already.

This way you can maximize your use of it. The LUK and AGI can be switched around for ASPD and gearing based on what you have.

I chose this to also maximize SLS Wrath damage.

Book: High upgraded Ledger of Death, 2x Aunoe, 2x sharp enchants; 

Head (Upper): high upgraded White Drooping Eddga...or...Musketeer Hat

Head (Middle): Black Devils Mask, Grand Peco (Gloria lvl 1)

Head (Lower): CD in mouth

Garment: high upgraded HBP or FAW with Fatal or ASPD enchants (see stats above); cards: Deviling, Raydric, Petal (if LUK is higher) or Cenere (if AGI is higher)

Body: Protection here, WoE Plate, Bakonawa Scale/Bayani (for +1 or +2 stats), elemental armors; cards: appropriate ele cards, 

Shield: Valkyrja; cards: appropriate race card (e.g. Alice)

Shoes: Need more HP/SP...Enhanced Variants w/ Firelock Soldier; Sleipnirs (if lucky enough, INT helps with auto-cast dmg)

Accessory 1: Advanced Ring of Flame Lord

Accessory 2: Advance Ring of Resonance

Costume: Tarnished Lamp (high), +1 ATK% (middle), +1 SP (low), Rudra +1 (garment), mysterious bug shadow set (+3 stats).

Note- you can play around with the stats and gear to find the right mix of critical rate/critical damage and ASPD.

As folks say, it is based on the situation. Use what you have for gear and see where you can put your stats.

ASPD: with +7 VIP buffs, Berserk potion, Enriched Celermine, SLS Shadow lvl 10 and AR lvl 1 (musketeer hat) I get between 188-190.

ATK: with Abrasive potion, I get usually almost all 5 hits/sec as critical hits; plus Heat; plus the auto-casts.

HP: HP will be decent, not great...just decent. If you add in the +7 VIP and high HP potion you will have around 10.5K of HP. +30 foods will give you higher than that.

Skills note:

1) while normally I say use Counter kick, this is the one time I dropped it for Round House kick since it helps with some mobbing. So, if you can hit the monsters without issues (e.g. 50 DEX) then get Round House kick. The reason being is, it gives 400% damage, same as Counter Kick, and stuns the monsters around you. This gives time to critical hit them and have your auto-casts kick in to finish them off. Stunned monsters = less damage taken.

2) If on a SLS map and you are mobbing only to find yourself overcome, you can kick in SLS Heat to do knock back. This gives yourself a sec to Leap, fly wing or teleport away (using clip).

Ultimately I chose this route since I like the class and wanted a challenge. 

Edited by Sladeero, 14 March 2016 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users