Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hey everyone,

I splurged on a new mouse since it was on sale.

All I gotta say is things just went to a new level. Hehe   :heh:

Really simplified the TKM maneuverability and actions not to mention it freed up a whole hand (yes, that's 12 buttons on the side). 

I realize this may not be a big deal for some but really helped game-play.

Here's a look...

4578982.jpg

Looks like a Tron cycle to me. LOL

Edited by Sladeero, 16 April 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#127 DanLueBon

DanLueBon

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:22 PM

Can i copy your flying kick anyone please :(

#128 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

Can i copy your flying kick anyone please :(

I don't have any standard time for jumping on. I am hit and miss which is why I play mostly solo.

Worst case if you cannot find someone make an alt-char for your flying kick.

TKs are quick to make.

On another note, with regards to ASPD skills and gear....

1) Stellar Protection---the effects from Stellar Protection, do not stack with Musketeer hat.

I was running around low TI tonight and had SLS Shadow and Stellar Protection while wearing my Musketeer hat.

The Musketeer Hat processed but my ASPD did not go up and stayed at 189. I was also using Berserk and Enriched Celermine potions.

Therefore, I just used my White Drooping Eddga Hat for extra damage. Seeing a spinning red Eddga during kicks is hilarious.

2) Rudo Card---the ASPD effects from this card DO stack with SLS Shadow and Musketeer Hat (also using Berserk and Enriched Celermine potions).

I was able to get full ASPD of 190 from it. However, as another post mentioned it has very low processing unless doing very large mobbing numbers.

I equate the useful effectiveness of this card to trying to achieve an erection while getting kicked in the groin.

By the time you achieve the desired status you're more concerned with the blood loss than 3 secs of performance.   :heh:

Edited by Sladeero, 20 April 2016 - 06:01 PM.

#129 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

Just thought of a new thing that they could do with a skill if they make a 3rd for these(or at least give us expanded skills :/ ).

a Toggle(kind of like berserk's toggle) for SLS heat.  Toggle on, you Do increased SLS heat damage based on skill level(i'd say about 3 levels for it) and it removes the knockback that the skill causes.  BUT you take 25% increased damage from all sources(at level 3 for whatever skill it would/could be named).  I think that would be a fair tradeoff wouldn't you say?.

Edited by Alanthier, 29 April 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#130 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

Just thought of a new thing that they could do with a skill if they make a 3rd for these(or at least give us expanded skills :/ ).

a Toggle(kind of like berserk's toggle) for SLS heat. Toggle on, you Do increased SLS heat damage based on skill level(i'd say about 3 levels for it) and it removes the knockback that the skill causes. BUT you take 25% increased damage from all sources(at level 3 for whatever skill it would/could be named). I think that would be a fair tradeoff wouldn't you say?.

I could see this, but the skill could not be used with Union.
Additionally, what HP pool do you see a 3rd class TKM having? Seems like a lot of HP penalties for a class that has the lowest HP multiplier.

#131 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

I could see this, but the skill could not be used with Union.
Additionally, what HP pool do you see a 3rd class TKM having? Seems like a lot of HP penalties for a class that has the lowest HP multiplier.

Why couldn't it be used with unison? It could if the damage modifiers for it were additive rather than multiplicative.  And in terms of hp, Not sure what to say, since if they DO get a 3rd job, they'll have access to most of the 3rd job gear anyways, which will provide them with better defense/resistance modifiers.  AND they will probably not be limited to the 160/50 crap that the other expanded classes are because they'll be considered 3rd as opposed to expanded 2nd.

#132 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Well, because if you are attacking with 15 hits/sec at ASPD 190 you are dead in no more than 3 secs. Now add in enemy damage with 25% more on top of it and I really don't see how anyone will survive. If TKMs get a 3rd class then they'll be doing 17 hits/sec at ASPD 193. So, the char is losing 34% of their HP a sec.

Tag that with the damage an MVP is doing to them already and it's like swimming up stream with your arms tied behind your back.
Sure, folks will say do Safety Wall and such but how is that any different than now. If that's the case then why bother if I can sit there and kill something by doing nothing. :/

[edit] Not sure if any Double Attack items such as Snake Head could increase your hits/sec past 15 for ASPD for 190 or 17 for ASPD 193. If so then you are really screwed. The game then becomes more of battle to get higher dmg per hit than more hits/sec. [/edit]

Edited by Sladeero, 02 May 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#133 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

Well, because if you are attacking with 15 hits/sec at ASPD 190 you are dead in no more than 3 secs. Now add in enemy damage with 25% more on top of it and I really don't see how anyone will survive. If TKMs get a 3rd class then they'll be doing 17 hits/sec at ASPD 193. So, the char is losing 34% of their HP a sec.

Tag that with the damage an MVP is doing to them already and it's like swimming up stream with your arms tied behind your back.
Sure, folks will say do Safety Wall and such but how is that any different than now. If that's the case then why bother if I can sit there and kill something by doing nothing. :/

[edit] Not sure if any Double Attack items such as Snake Head could increase your hits/sec past 15 for ASPD for 190 or 17 for ASPD 193. If so then you are really screwed. The game then becomes more of battle to get higher dmg per hit than more hits/sec. [/edit]

Ok then Don't let it be used with Unison.  Honestly Unison is kind of stupid anyways because what's the point in increasing a player's damage just to kill them instantly at 20% health by making them take 2% of their max hp as damage every time they hit something? Honestly who came up with that?.

#134 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

Also SLS Union seems to seriously reduce the effectiveness of heal spells, and prevents HP/Sp Regen.  That's something that isn't listed in it's description and needs some fixing too.

#135 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

Also SLS Union seems to seriously reduce the effectiveness of heal spells, and prevents HP/Sp Regen. That's something that isn't listed in it's description and needs some fixing too.

You are correct on the regen. White and blue pots only do around 2% (imagine that) while under SLS Union.

I've given up trying to understand kRO's development philosophy. It's like they went "Kung Fu Hustle" movie through 80% of the character and finished up with the "Hang Over." It's a character which represents an art from their own country and they totally screwed the pooch on that.

#136 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

I'm also waiting for this. Looking forward to a character that uses combination of hands and feet to fight.

#137 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

I'm also waiting for this. Looking forward to a character that uses combination of hands and feet to fight.

#138 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

We can only hope.

#139 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

I was watching some previous episodes of Kekkaishi and Ghost Hunt. Needless to say Some Soul Linker ideas came to mind...

Here's a clip of an example...

https://youtu.be/roU...A01404C08A5&t=7

1) Skills
  a) Summons: Soul Linker has the ability to summon spirit animals of the spirit domain known also as Shikigamis or Shikis for short. The animal could grant certain attributes on the character. I know the higher level mage classes have the ability to do this with respective elements.
  -- Tiger
  -- Dog
  -- Dragon...you get the idea.
  b ) Talisman Creation: in much the same way the archer class can craft arrows the next class of Soul Linkers ought to be able to craft respective talismans to accomplish specific tasks. 
  c) Sealing: provides the ability to remove unclean spirits.
Youtube of Ghost Hunter (Pardon the poor English voice acting, but you get the idea.)
 https://youtu.be/3P0...1404C08A5&t=232

2) Items:
  a) Spirit Whistle: used to provide some additional attribute for respective spirit skills.

9d36ac0c003aa45bfc9c5380ea9f3091.jpg

b ) Talismans/Wards: used in a similar fashion to the runes for Ninjas to cast spells. The Talismans can be used to seal, inhibit or harm monsters. Additionally, the talismans could provide some additional attributes to the player. This is intended to go a step further than the traditional Eswoo, Estin and Estun skills.
Chinese%2BTaoist%2BGhost%2BKeeping%2BTal

c) Ward Beads: any soul priest or linker needs to have beads. If for no other reason but bling.  :p_laugh:
73b8a18ddac6eab1ef5f238dd40ac9fb.jpg

3) Appearances: included are some common spiritual sealers or shrine priests. Maybe that is the next name..."Shrine Priest."

Sure, some of this may be cheesy but thought it was kind of neat to share.   :happy:

Edited by Sladeero, 22 May 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#140 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

Some info from Korea on future advanced TKM and SL: http://ro.gnjoy.com/...76048&curpage=1

According to google translation they will be called Star Emperor and Soul Reaper. 

Edited by Lucentos, 25 May 2016 - 07:59 AM.

#141 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

Some info from Korea on future advanced TKM and SL: http://ro.gnjoy.com/...76048&curpage=1
According to google translation they will be called Star Emperor and Soul Reaper.

Very cool and awesome. Much appreciated the insight on this.
The best news according to this is the fixes for SLS skills to be used any time and the ability to reduce the blind effect of SLS Shadow or Demon whichever you choose to go by. They look very promising and fun. My only concern is with the future Soul Ripper/Reapers. What appears to be added links only relate to the main classes (swordsman, wizard...etc.) unless I interpreted the translation incorrectly.

I realize it's still early but my hope is at least the inclusion of increased damage weapons. If they stick with books, sure ok I'll roll with it. However, it would make sense to have the weapon slot be associated with leg guards (see female avatar) or steel toe/studded footgear covers for added damage.
Please give them access to the stat-specific, Temporal boots kRO.

I'll wait in anticipation but with managed expectations.

#142 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

https://forums.warpp...-note-20160525/ 

here.

#143 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

Nice!  :thumb2:

The translation really helps clarify things. 

If a lot of this goes through I feel like it will be Christmas for TKMs or SGs, however you like to call them.

Thanks again.

#144 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

Hey everyone,

I splurged on a new mouse since it was on sale.

All I gotta say is things just went to a new level. Hehe   :heh:

Really simplified the TKM maneuverability and actions not to mention it freed up a whole hand (yes, that's 12 buttons on the side). 

I realize this may not be a big deal for some but really helped game-play.

Here's a look...

4578982.jpg

Looks like a Tron cycle to me. LOL

You're late, that's the one i've been using for almost 2 years now XD

#145 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

Sladeero, on your crit build, you use double aunoe carded LoD Sharp and using Heat on MvP. Does that mean Heat damage increase with crit damage modifier too? Or are you using crit for ctrl click only?

#146 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:29 AM

Sladeero, on your crit build, you use double aunoe carded LoD Sharp and using Heat on MvP. Does that mean Heat damage increase with crit damage modifier too? Or are you using crit for ctrl click only?

Crit dmg % modifiers only affect Heat damage when you are in SLS Union state. When under SLS Union state every Heat hit counts as a critical attack. This means you can successfully pull off 15 critical hits each sec if your ASPD is 190 (5 normal and 10 from Heat).

Additionally, Aunoe cards and other Crit dmg% modifiers are included. The only issue is you are dead in less than 3 secs since you are losing 30% of your life each second.

Unless you have a priest with some serious healing I do not recommend SLS Union on an MVP at 190 ASPD.

Yes, I generally ctrl-click for crits without SLS Union. Maybe when Star Emperors come I will have enough HP and sturdiness to stay alive better.

If you are solo and want to focus on maxing your SLS Heat damage then go for STR and ATK. I added LUK as a test to see how I could max a TKMs damage potential using Crits and auto-casts.

I have a very short video I am digging up to show you what it looks like with Crits under SLS Union. Some how I make it down to 14% life when I should have died at 20%. Hope to have it soon.

#147 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Ok, found the short video (11 secs).  

With SLS Union

https://www.youtube....h?v=Oz5vhMnVXJU

Without SLS Union (36 secs)

https://www.youtube....h?v=qrsIUDfuiC8

Edited by Sladeero, 26 June 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#148 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

Great!
Looks like I will have Manananggal carded LoD or Legacy of Dragon then. Maybe I still consider to put some LUK to get bonus ATK from SLS wrath. Set Novus map and all the mobs under Solar Perception and Opposition, I'll make EMBs in no time XD.

About HP, I hope my headgear proposal on headgear proposal thread get accepted. I made one to bring out TKM potential.

#149 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

Great!
Looks like I will have Manananggal carded LoD or Legacy of Dragon then. Maybe I still consider to put some LUK to get bonus ATK from SLS wrath. Set Novus map and all the mobs under Solar Perception and Opposition, I'll make EMBs in no time XD.

About HP, I hope my headgear proposal on headgear proposal thread get accepted. I made one to bring out TKM potential.

I ran with a Grand Peco mid-head gear since the +30 LUK from Gloria (I usually solo). Adds 10% SLS Wrath dmg.

If I had more HP/VIT, I might switch to a Arc Angeling card for mid. I am going to look at that when 3rds come out.

On headgear proposals, I put out an idea for TKMs regarding a martial arts headband. The only issue I have seen is many TKMs are split between Heat damage versus using kicks for their damage as their primary form of damage under PVM. Since the class specific headgears are often used to bolster non-common builds it's hard to say which to emphasize.

For example, FSK is basically an on-demand Counter Kick without the guarantee to hit.

I will have to re-read the headgear proposal for your suggestion, since you have perked my interest in what it was.

The thread has gotten so long I will have to comb through the pages.

#150 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

Compounding cheap card (Grand Peco) on slotted mid headgear feels too much waste. I'd prefer gear swapping :D.

Yeah, Oda re-open the headgear proposal thread. We hust dont know when they will be sent to kRO. My headgear proposal is quiet recent, it still on last page of headgear proposal thread. Basically, it offer huge HP bonus for Tae Kwon class and increasing kick damage, especially Flying Kick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users