[Community Event] Captain's Story Contest - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Community Event] Captain's Story Contest

29 replies to this topic

#1 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

Captain's Story Contest

September 15 ~ September 30

Ahoy! Do you like writin'? Aye? Good! Captain wants t' hear some good pirate stories, and will reward t' story tellers for their efforts! T' better your story, t' better t' reward. T' Captain and his closest crew members will be rankin' t' stories at t' end.

(Hey! Do you like writing? Yes? Good! Captain wants to hear some good pirate stories, and will reward the story tellers for their efforts! The better your story, the better the reward. The Captain and his closest crew members will be ranking the stories at the end.)

Rules

• Story must be your own original work created for this contest.
  • Story can be submitted in ANY language, but will be translated to English using Google Translate for the purpose of judging.
    • Non-English entries: Please use your language's proper grammar and spelling as much as possible - this helps the automatic translator with providing something we can judge (please avoid using pirate speech and abbreviations). Thank you!
  • Cover image or banner is not required, but may be submitted if desired.
  • Entry should be approximately 300~3000 English words.
  • Story should take place within the RO2 Rune-Midgarts universe. Story may optionally include characters that already exist, and/or may be about original characters.
  • Story should be pirate-themed, or involve pirates.

Entry Form:

Title:
Author (In-game name):
Story:
[spoiler] (Please place story here) [/spoiler]

Booty (Rewards)

Entries will be judged on October 1 by any WP staff and Volunteer Mods who are available.

There will be up to two winners for the Grand Prize: 1 for English entries, and 1 for non-English entries. The Grand Prize will be 1 Grand Pirate costume set.

All qualifying entries (those that follow the rules) will be awarded 15 Dubloons for use in the current event. These will be sent out shortly after your entry has been verified so that you'll have plenty of time to visit One-Eyed Ed in Prontera.

Arrr!

#2 MarxNathan

MarxNathan

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:25 PM

uhm.. where do we submit the entries? do we post it here?

#3 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

uhm.. where do we submit the entries? do we post it here?

Yes, please do!

If you're uncomfortable with others reading your story, I will also accept stories submitted via PM. This will be followed up by me responding to this thread to let others know that you have entered (this is to prevent confusion in case a private entry wins).

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

#4 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

Woot I can't wait to read all the awesomeness.  

#5 Kyperion

Kyperion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

Hmmm sounds interesting...  :p_smile:  :p_smile: 

#6 TemmeZ

TemmeZ

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

Could I make the story like a fiction?

#7 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Could I make the story like a fiction?

You can write any kind of story you'd like, provided it doesn't break any of the rules listed in the first post. Fiction is perfectly fine, or it could be written like a non-fiction. You could also write it in a play/drama format if you prefer.

I have received an entry from Kyperion.

#8 TemmeZ

TemmeZ

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

You can write any kind of story you'd like, provided it doesn't break any of the rules listed in the first post. Fiction is perfectly fine, or it could be written like a non-fiction. You could also write it in a play/drama format if you prefer.

Okay. Thx  xP

#9 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Ll0ZXYL.png?1

Title: Did ye say Doubloon?

Author: FabulousFawn

Story:

Spoiler

#10 poirot

poirot

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

Spoiler

#11 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Ll0ZXYL.png?1

Title: Did ye say Doubloon?

Author: FabulousFawn

Story:

Spoiler

First I was like

Spoiler

Then I was like

Spoiler

#12 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Participation prizes have now been sent to Kyperion (Kyper) and Artsy357 (FabulousFawn) for their entries. Keep 'em coming guys!

#13 Kyperion

Kyperion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:04 AM

Actually i want to put more on that story, but I know It may ended up boring to read so... and is it ok if it ends that way?.... :/ :pif:

#14 Kyperion

Kyperion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

Ty Vmod Salsa... for reading it :) :p_love:  :p_love:

#15 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

Actually i want to put more on that story, but I know It may ended up boring to read so... and is it ok if it ends that way?.... :/ :pif:

Your current ending is fine! If you want to continue your story, feel free to do so in the Creative Chat subforum so that it doesn't get lost as part of the competition.

#16 poirot

poirot

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

Title: A Tell-tale of the Sea

Author: xeamonnclesh

Story:

Spoiler

#17 bloodybones

bloodybones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

2ypkbpi.jpg

Edited by bloodybones, 18 October 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#18 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

I've now verified entries for xeamonndesh, InjunBoy, and iSparkle (via PM). Your Dubloons should appear in your account storage sometime today.

Tomorrow is the last day to enter! Please post your entries before 11:59 PM server time on September 30. Thank you!

#19 swaggycloud

swaggycloud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

Title: +10 instant card-powder in wonderland?!

Author: FrostyNeko

Word Count: 1086

Across the gate to Dayr Desert lies a tall golden statue  crowded with people from all around the land. Within the circle was a tan tiny man shouting, “Brave adventurers gather ye armors and weaponry, I’ve got a quest for ye to take from som’ zientist willing to pay a whole lotta of zennys.”

Brudah was passing by the crimson-red haired tan fellow and decided to read what was on the flier.

“Dear, Adventurers,

I’ve come to you with a request that will take you and your party to Jawaii’s Wonderland Cave [N]. There you will encounter a tall-orange shirted rat name Ttoki. He will drop a lot of item called “So crystal”, which look a lot like the refine material polinium. Those who are successful in gathering “So crystal” will receive a reward of 500,000 zennys.

-sign: Professor Raze”

He folded the paper into his bag beside the sharp blue-glowing dagger. “This looks zenny my shipmate would be eager to grab hold of..”

“Oohh, I’m going to have plenty of cake to eat with that amount of zenny,” said Nana in solemn tone. She yawned with her green eyes open, while her hands stretched wide dropping the flyer.

Neko, the only sorcerer on the crew, picked up the flyer from the ground and the paper back to Brudah.”’Nya~ captain Ladee hasn’t been sounding all too well. Says’ she is down with the flu,’ said Neko frowningly. ‘Most of the ship crew is out roughing about in the town’s tavern.’”

Brudah manage to get one knight, from his crew, out of the bar.

“Aye aye. Well, those bloody pirate of ours ‘arrr set ‘n their way. Come along, Brudah ‘tere zenny t’ be made,” said Yu Lo, who casually walked while sharpening the tip of his sword.

Brudah retorted, “That is, if we slay the rat called Ttoki.”

Yu Lo pushed the tip of his sword back inside it’s leather shaft. He looked down at Brudah with his right eye and said, “I bought ye ‘som owl cards. Let’s trade it when ye in Wonderland.”

The group was walking together with Yu Lo leading the way. Monsters was sparsely spread throughout the cave, but the vast abundance of shiny-digs shared a reminder of how Wonderland can be a place not only full of beasts.

Neko eyes began to look gleeful. “Avast, these Stalagamite fragments can be mixed by Stolge in Jawaii Love Island. Yu Lo, meow, can you stand guard as I loot these materials.” Neko quickly dig around with one of her fang out. “Meow, all done until next shiny-materials.” She turned around to Brudah and asked, “What kind of cards did Yu Lo gave ye?”

“Just these three owls cards: Giant Forest Cucuri, Giante Forest Mucuri, and Giant Forest Ducuri.

“Meow? Why do you need INT from Mucuri card?”

“No idea, but it has additional damage 100%,” said Brudah with his arms folded.

They made their way to Ttoki’s lair. Neko and Nana rebuffed the party, Brudah was confident with the amount of time left he had; so, he didn’t use cast “mark of genecide”. Yu Lo made sure to see if his potion was in the right pockets.

“Les’ take down t’ scallywag,” shouted Yu Lo. He then casted aura armor and provoked Ttoki. “Mateys, when Ttori twirl ‘round his fist ‘here comes a gush of swirly winds that takes off all ye buffs. I advise ye ‘t stay far away as I ‘voke him away.”

Nana sighed, “Anyways, I’ll keep you guys all cure.”

Right when Ttori got to two-third of his health, he began to call his followers into the battle.

“Alrigh’ spawn ye pets, I want ‘t make ‘t  in time for the traven’s happy hour,” said Yu Lo while laying on the brick ground with a tornado at his foot.

Neko swiftly casted Deluge, Land of Recovery, Thunderstorm, and lastly Lord of Vermillion. “These mice are nothin’ compare to my combo!”

“Who would've of thought that this INT and VIGOR can come so handy to a Assassin.” Brudah casted his guardian and then Ymir Child: Cthulhu. “Rat roast coming up.” He summoned, Imp.. Moving closely to Ttori,  Brudah then performed Shadow Explosion, ending the battle.

All mumbling noises stopped. The team stand on guard as Brudah looted Ttori, thus finding one hundred So-Crystals inside the vest pocket of Ttori.

“Let’s get back to the ship,” said Yu Lo frankly looking tired.

Next morning, Brudah turned in the quest item to Professor Raze. The professor was in his office when Brudah entered. Bru laid the small brown bag full of So-Crystals on  Professor Raze’s stainless-steel desk. “Here is the items you asked on this flyer.”

Raze took out his loupe to examine if the crystals had the right monocular structure. After viewing all one hundred, he handed Brudah a chest full of zenny that was hidden in a bigger box behind his desk. “You look like a guy I could rely on how about working here?”

“Ah, the life of a pirate is tough to let go, I’ll think about.” replied Brudah. He packed the zenny in his magical handbag and out the blue door he went.

Avoiding potential robbers. He got on the ship and into Yu Lo’s room, while spliting the zennys other shipmates came in and pester Brudah for ten zenny each, the lump sum needed to purchase a single glass of Morodona. When Brudah finally made it to Ladee room, he had less than 83,266 zennys left.

She was combing her black hair. The sun was out and shined through her stained glass window. Her skin was still a bit pale but every symptom of the flu has vanished. Ladee looking at Brudah through her mirror, “I’ve been thinking about how it would be nice to live in Alberta. Yu Lo and the other 14 members can come visit me from time to time.”

“Why the rush? Have you fallen for some guy in town?”

“No,” said Ladee as she put on her faux rings. “When you were out hunting Ttoki, I went to visit the doctor in town. He had my blood drawn and the result was that I was pregnant.”

“I’ve always loved you. If that is your wish we can raise our family here in Alberta.”

With the 83,266 zennys in hand they waved good-bye to Yu Lo, Nana, Neko, and the other fifteen crew members.

“Aye, ‘hey set in their ways. Those two love birds,” said Yu Lo speaking to himself.

#20 PenguinWarrior

PenguinWarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

Long%252520Live%252520Canon%252520Lady.j

Title: Long Live Canon Lady
Author: PenguinWarrior
Story

Spoiler

Edited by PenguinWarrior, 30 September 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#21 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:36 PM

I've verified the entries from FrostyNeko, PenguinWarrior, and Lenuxe (submitted via PM). Your Dubloons have been sent to your account storage.

I'll be gathering up the stories now and getting them judged. We'll have the results soon!

#22 VModSalsa

VModSalsa

Hail Njoror

• WarpPortal VM
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

And the results are (finally) in! There were no non-English entries, so we'll only have one winner this time around.

Our Grand Prize Winner is...

Depths of Despair by Lenuxe

This entry was received via PM.

Thank you all for taking your time to write stories for yer Cap'n, we hope to see you again! If you'd like to try your had at writing a spooky story, you can do that here!

#23 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

Congratulations!  :D    Great stories everyone!

#24 Newbermore

Newbermore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

Thank you very much for the opportunity! Totally unexpected... It was a difficult, but fun and lovely event! Looking forward to more

Spoiler

#25 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:00 AM

Would it be possible to post the winning entry/entries of contests with a "Pm your entry" option? I can understand if maybe you are shy about submitting your entry, but I would think if you won, the winning entry should be made publicly available in the interest of fairness to the other entries.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users