• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jaythreee

jaythreee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:20 AM

Alright I'm about to reborn to SinX and I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to build my GX. From what I've been hearing, it makes more sense and is generaly better to use katars. Either way I'm pretty set on using them, but I can't decide exactly how to build it stat wise. I'll be doing PvM and PvP. Here's what I figured are generally my options:

Build 1: (DD TYPE BUILD)
High dex
No luk
Weapon: elemental katars with 3x elemental cards
It seems like this build would give the best damage output since you'll have elemental katars combined with cards, high dex, and high str. Though I feel like it's a bit of a waste not worrying about crits. This would basically be a DD build.

Build 2: (EQUIP CRIT)
low/no dex
Med luk
Weapon: elemental katars with 3x soldier skel cards
This would be an equip crit build. Should crit most of the time but doesn't have the 3x elemental cards. But it will have more room for STR and AGI.

Build 3: (NAT CRIT)
No dex
High luk (100+)
Weapon: elemental katars with 3x elemental cards
This build is a natural crit type that will have the bonus of 3x elemental cards, but has lower STR/AGI due to the higher LUK needed. This build sounds tempting but I'm worried about having enough LUK to be able to crit enough.

Other questions:
Is dex affecting ASPD like it's supposed to?
What is the max stat(150?)

Edited by jaythreee, 26 November 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#2 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

Every build can benefit from luk , trust me. Equip crit isn't so much different than natural crit seeing as there is no advantage of low luk ( seeing as luk adds attack now)

Personally this is how I would build those three builds you listed

Double Attack Build
100 STR
115 AGI
70 DEX
60 VIT
XX LUK ( XX = remaining points )

Equip Crit
100 STR
115 AGI
40 DEX
60 VIT
70 LUK

Nat Crit
90 STR
115 AGI
1 DEX
60 VIT
100 LUK

#3 jaythreee

jaythreee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

Hmmm yeah I like those builds. Luk adds atk, but it's just 1 hard atk pt rather than .5% like strength. Right now I'm definitely leaning toward the nat crit build. It seems like a nat crit build with an elemental katar with 3x elemental cards would deal out more damage than a DD sin

#4 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

luk over 70 you are immune enough to fortune brooch's curse. My sin before rebirth has 93 luk with 2 of those brooches, never get cursed.
I do suggest get around 60-70 luk, and spend more on STR. Really you want damage modifiers all on your weapon and get armor/accessories crit gears instead. eg. zipper bear+Durga, elemental katar + 20% element mods/+20 +30 Attack cards

The first build from Musu was what I had in my GX versatile post with around 50 luk at level 150 and a little more DEX.

I see pure Crit very limited in skill usage, lower dex. Can be a weakness in PVP and some PvM situations.

From 1 to 70 dex, aspd could be around a difference of 2 to 3 aspd. :D
Pure Nat Crit for Trans is a bad idea !

#5 jaythreee

jaythreee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

So you're saying that having low DEX inhibits skill uses since I won't be able to hit enemies most likely? How did you like your GX with the DD build and 50 LUK? I'm assuming the best damage output was using 1h sword/daggers with Cross Impact. Also how did you like using rolling cutter with that build?

I definitely don't want to be ONLY able to just crit when there are good skills like Cross Impact.

#6 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:06 AM

Not a GX yet. Rolling cutter is katar only, I had ME instead. Without rolling cutter, Grim can still hitlock with high aspd anyway.
Just my suggestion, at 40 dex against level 100+. You'd crit only; probably cannot mob at all -or hit with any skill apart from Sonic acceleration that increase your hit rate by 50.

With that DD build 50 luk gives 18 crit x2, 2 cursed brooches 12 x2 crit. I have 60 total crit with non-carded katar.
Since Crit don't ignore DEF anymore, why not add some DEX for skills?

#7 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

Just turned GX and thinking about going Nat Crit but does Double Attack require Dex?

#8 Noire

Noire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:20 AM

You need at least 70 DEX if you plan on using skills. Otherwise you will always miss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users