Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 9/22 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 9/22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

This is the place to ask questions for our weekly Q&A show! It airs every Tuesday at 3pm Pacific Time at twitch.tv/warpportal

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

Any idea when we're going to be able to enchant things like the Red Twin Edge?
Could have sworn we're way overdue for it compared to the update we're on.

We can ask about getting an update to the script and item DB.

Edited by Oda, 22 September 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

Any updates on wing headphone getting its function call fixed (+30% reverberation damage)? Is this the same reason nightsparrow and harvester hats don't work?

Can you please buff the hat a bit by making it top only? I intended it to be top only. The super impractical sp cost (200!) On metallic sound can only be mitigated with archangeling card really. If you can't make it top only can you ask the devs to add something like "for every refine, decreases the SP cost of Metallic Sound by 6 (max +13)"?

We have not often changed a headgear's location but we can consider the change. In the future, I'll make sure to clarify the headgear's positions before sending the request to kRO. 

kRO is in the process of testing the headgear to see if they can get it working properly. The Reverberation effect seems to have the same issue as the 3rd Class headgears you mentioned. 

Edited by Oda, 22 September 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

According to the creator of Ragnarok himself, an America-themed area already exists in RO in the form of Einbroch, Einbech, and the Einbech mine dungeon (coincidentally, it also includes a train). Will an America culture town still be pushed regardless of an existing America-themed area already in-game or will the existing America-themed area be expanded upon instead?

I've already found a section of the world that would be the perfect area for your ideas as expansions.

https://forums.warpp...town-conundrum/

I think "America/Industrial Western county-inspired" would be a more apt term, but there's not much America to be found in Einbroch/Einbech to be honest. 

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

Any updates on wing headphone getting its function call fixed (+30% reverberation damage)? Is this the same reason nightsparrow and harvester hats don't work?

Can you please buff the hat a bit by making it top only? I intended it to be top only. The super impractical sp cost (200!) On metallic sound can only be mitigated with archangeling card really. If you can't make it top only can you ask the devs to add something like "for every refine, decreases the SP cost of Metallic Sound by 6 (max +13)"?

The effect is being tested, they said that they see the issue on their test server and are looking into it.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

Well you addressed my first sentence anyway xD thanks. I wonder if this new clairvoyance as to what's wrong with the wcript will help fix harvester, nightsparrow, lyrica's effects which are broken in the same manner.

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

Well you addressed my first sentence anyway xD thanks. I wonder if this new clairvoyance as to what's wrong with the wcript will help fix harvester, nightsparrow, lyrica's effects which are broken in the same manner.

I am hoping that when they fix this it will fix the others. If it doesn't work then we will have to bug report those.. again.

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

hey Oda/Camp, can you take a look at the db request thread? there's some stuff i think would be quite useful and i'd like to add to irowiki.

https://forums.warpp...tion/?p=2276092

Sure, I'll work on getting that put together this week. 

#9 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Can you please buff the hat a bit by making it top only?

+1 Agreed.

#10 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

So much this. It really needs to be top only for this to be usable/desirable. I'd love to be able to see performer classes being invited to parties for something other than GK and Strings.

#11 StephenCarl

StephenCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

first of all, thank you for everything you've done so far for our fallen 500 recovery really appreciate it..

for my question(s)

- since rebellion will arrive this late october, when will nightmare old glast heim arrive?

We don't have a timeline for that yet. 

- if the VIP compensation will last a hundred days, can you also let mesmerist stay for little longer?

We can leave it in for a little longer, yes. 

#12 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

Also, any chance of adding in a Bounty Board for Nameless? 

We still need to get the scripting updated for the existing BBs before adding more. 

#13 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

I just accidentally repped someone while scrolling on my phone. Can we please have the ability to retract our reps in case that kind of thing happens?

It would also be nice for when we rep people and they edit their posts to something we don't agree with or support.

#14 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:56 PM

If they can't make it top only (since it makes sense for the gear to be top+mid), why not give the headgear two card slots? It's unprecedented but it's not impossible, no? 

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

If they can't make it top only (since it makes sense for the gear to be top+mid), why not give the headgear two card slots? It's unprecedented but it's not impossible, no? 

I don't think that is possible to get approved regardless

#16 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

In that case they should just make all headphone gears occupy top slot only for uniformity and fairness

#17 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

Any idea when we're going to be able to enchant things like the Red Twin Edge?
Could have sworn we're way overdue for it compared to the update we're on.

this is what i need, FS enchanted TENS

#18 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:57 PM

With Rebellion on it's way by November, any way to add some guns to the Malangdo enchants?

If kRO has them already we can ask for them. 

#19 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

In that case they should just make all headphone gears occupy top slot only for uniformity and fairness

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/5001/

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2283/

Old headgears, but if you went with logic, those would take up the mid slot too. So since logic is out, I want it top only.  :|

#20 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for citing those old gears. Now let's all take arms and push for top only wing headphones! lol

#21 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

can we get an eta for the chain lightning bug fix

We do not have an eta. 

#22 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:33 AM

I just accidentally repped someone while scrolling on my phone. Can we please have the ability to retract our reps in case that kind of thing happens?

It would also be nice for when we rep people and they edit their posts to something we don't agree with or support.

That's so petty. It's not like rep matters.

#23 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

Campitor, on 09 Sept 2015 - 8:23 PM, said:snapback.png

"Poring" balloons be getting some kind of event. Details to follow.

What is this about from last week maintenance?

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:09 AM

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/5001/

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2283/

Old headgears, but if you went with logic, those would take up the mid slot too. So since logic is out, I want it top only.  :|

yes this was my thought too. "well, it does cover the ears so that means its usually a mid as well... but wait, aren't there other items that cover your ears but are still top only? *recalls ear muffs, etc* why can't this one be top only? Wanderer/Maestro really needs this boost/hat and they don't need their headgear nerfed this way. They really need better.

#25 projectclownph

projectclownph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationArea 55
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:sakray

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Hey camp/oda is the bug of dark book shield in thor server is being check and fix where the item holders can equip it in garment that is supposed to be in shield so they have 2 cranial items equip at the same time.. need a followup on these

The item Dark Book isn't in iRO's DB and would be crashing players if equipped...if you have a character you'd like to have checked please let me know. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users