September 23rd Classic Patch Notes - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 23rd Classic Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

Posting proposed drop table (with rates) for classic challenge dungeon.

Anonymous WoE Report

Spoiler

Updates for Classic

• The last of the unbound drops go away. Monsters should return to dropping normal items.

Additional Ice dungeon 3 Turn In NPC added to the center of the map

Ice-dungeon-new-NPOC.jpg

• Classic Sakray is live!
  • Look at the foundry thread on gun slingers

In regards to the idea of items staying in boxes so players can hunt longer that is a good idea we should consider for all equipment drops I will post a foundry thread on it soon.

IMPORTANT POLICY UPDATE

• Going forward, if you are caught cheating in WoE we will automatically review your suspension. Such characters may have their names posted in the weekly posted report. If the suspension is retracted, we will note it in the next report with the reason why.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:26 PM

Posting proposed drop table (with rates) for classic challenge dungeon.

Anonymous WoE Report

Spoiler

Updates for Classic

• The last of the unbound drops go away. Monsters should return to dropping normal items.
  • Classic Sakray is live!
  • Look at the foundry thread on gun slingers

IMPORTANT POLICY UPDATE

• Going forward, if you are caught cheating in WoE we will automatically review your suspension. Such characters may have their names posted in the weekly posted report. If the suspension is retracted, we will note it in the next report with the reason why.

THE GMS AUTOPOT CHECKED VALHALLA (THE GUILD SENDING THE REPORTS) YOUR STAFF ARE <not very good at using their brains>

Edited by Campitor, 21 September 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

^ I lol'd

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Seriously tho, the guild we reported have not reported being checked - they're checking the reporters not the reportees

actually I'm done, have fun classic.

Edited by Xellie, 21 September 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#5 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

Seriously tho, the guild we reported have not reported being checked - they're checking the reporters not the reportees

^

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

They are supposed to also be doing random checks of guilds as well as watching reported users.

The characters the specified are not in Valhalla if you were curious.

#7 Shigeru87

Shigeru87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

Maybe they just don't know the difference between 8 and 80 ?

I don't know. You kinda lose interest in playing when people cheat for a long time and the GMs come after you, instead of the people reported.
If WoE dies, I want to see what will hold this server up.

I love a fight, a FAIR fight. That's all.

Edit:

@Campitor

Random checks or Valhalla checks ?

Edited by Shigeru87, 21 September 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#8 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

They are supposed to also be doing random checks of guilds as well as watching reported users..

You may need to shove some boots up some buttholes because I'm pretty certain none of the reported users are being checked.

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

You may need to shove some boots up some buttholes because I'm pretty certain none of the reported users are being checked.

The characters that they specified as being checked are not in Valhalla.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Random guilds there's only 4 guilds lol

Did you see how CLEAR that video was? Like how can the GMs not see this stuff when there's only 1 fight maybe 2 happening on the whole server? You all act like we don't talk to eachother after WoE / outside of WoE and that may be true in the case of one or two guilds but the ones that actually combat eachother do talk because we want things active.

Edited by Xellie, 21 September 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#11 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

So when woe doesn't get monitored people complain... When woe does get monitored, the same people still complain.

Wonder if the gms get the feel they can't win with some people.

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Random guilds there's only 4 guilds lol

Did you see how CLEAR that video was? Like how can the GMs not see this stuff when there's only 1 fight maybe 2 happening on the whole server? You all act like we don't talk to eachother after WoE / outside of WoE and that may be true in the case of one or two guilds but the ones that actually combat eachother do talk because we want things active.

I am letting the video (very slowly) load in HD. The report needs work done on its quality and breadth of content which I already provided feedback on. However it is the first report they have had to send me on their activities so it is a start.

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

Here's my post about the Wiki DB from the other thread:

I just finished adding the current drop data to the iROWiki database for Classic. So it should be entirely up to date (except for the latest changes, Geffen GD GSB, Incarnation drops). There are probably still some oddities related to the things in boxes, I just fixed Wounded Morroc a couple of minutes ago and just found another (Alicel), most of the monsters I had checked (like Valk/Hydros) were already fixed but there's a few that I've missed. So if you see anything weird or wrong, please PM me and I'll look into it.

There's also the issue of lower drop rates being 0.01% higher than they should be, I believe this is being added somewhere in the site. From what I understand it's technically "correct" as the games drop rates are 0.01% higher than the DB lists, however this extra 0.01% is added after all modifiers are calculated, so with Gum/VIP it could give you a very wrong rate. I'm going to look at it later today or tomorrow, so for now just pretend Cards or other low rate things are 0.01% lower than they appear.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

I am letting the video (very slowly) load in HD. The report needs work done on its quality and breadth of content which I already provided feedback on. However it is the first report they have had to send me on their activities so it is a start.

See it from our standpoint, we've been pushing so hard for this stuff vs AP for so long - it took two months over that other one guy. Then they punch my guild to half health or whatever the week before last during WoE and then I get sent this video by a guildie and its so blindingly obvious...

where on earth are they watching? There are like... 4 guilds and 2 of them are allied. So if there's 2 guilds fighting there's only two places AP can be happening (and according to that video) it WAS happening on one side... and that leaves the other side being the ones being watched... so wtf?

#15 Shigeru87

Shigeru87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

It is kinda sad that we have 4h of Woe every weekend and they can't filter the autopots.

The report is made, test it. If they can test us, they can test 'em. But apparently, they won't.

Putting the burden of proof on videos from players is just... "unprofessional".

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

You mean the KVM/New World stuff? No. If you would like to micromanage the DB to that extent you should see if Xellie can get you access. Unless Jaye does a lot more work on her tool to allow much easier manipulation it's probably going to take more time than I have/want to invest into managing it like that.

And the Renewal 3rd class items. And the Renewal consumables. There's a lot of stuff that shouldn't be there and will never exist on Classic. Removing those items isn't micromanagement. It's common -_-ing sense you derp.

Also yes please if you can't be bothered doing it then I'd love to grab access and help!

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

I'll do some talking then

#18 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

The GMs hop warps from random guilds too which is a giant red flag to stop cheating.

Last week or the week before the same GM hopped SGNs warp multiple times.

#19 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

I really dont come across anything that shouldnt already belong or isnt on the server, if you've got a list I can look into it. But I'm not going to remove the huge piles of gear like KVM/New World (which is all I assumed you meant) as when it goes in it's going to be a nightmare to add it all again.

But the changes Jaye and I made seem to have removed most of the Renewal stuff that was showing up at the time.

#20 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

See what no one gets is there is a dirty GM we've been secretly paying.

Now quick, deduce who did it Camp, where, with what, and why!

My guess is GM03, in the office, with a keyboard, and EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

Can we add a flag "not currently in server" ?

#22 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

I really dont come across anything that shouldnt already belong or isnt on the server, if you've got a list I can look into it. But I'm not going to remove the huge piles of gear like KVM/New World (which is all I assumed you meant) as when it goes in it's going to be a nightmare to add it all again.

But the changes Jaye and I made seem to have removed most of the Renewal stuff that was showing up at the time.

There is a list, though it currently only deals with equipment. You even responded to it when I first made it. 
Did you forget about it?

Hey what's your opinion on my translation of the jRO KvM Weapon effects that you conveniently glossed over? Good for the server or not? I feel that they're thoroughly overpowered given the theoretical exploits of the Link System that are already being discussed which will give people access to the gears en-masse to refine up.

I'm sure being the infallible source of RO expertise regarding all things now and forever that you are, I don't need to point this out, but implementing any sort of gear with exceptionally strong effects at "unattainable" refine levels is a terrible idea because it will eventually be achieved, it sets a terrible example for future implementations, and it pigeon-holes builds, which is the opposite of what RO is (was?) meant to be.

Edited by Campitor, 21 September 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#23 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

It's a start. Hopefully it will continue. Saw one of the GM in pron east inn. Gonna say hello but u guys warp out somewhere.

P/s - i know u're shorthanded on staff, but can u pls look into ein_fild01? Too much "automated" rogue and I can't even fencer decently.

#24 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

Please define last of unbound drops are you gonna start making them normal weight Drops?

#25 Jayalphy

Jayalphy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

Any estimated time for when the challenge dungeon is gonna be implemented?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users