September 23rd Classic Patch Notes - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 23rd Classic Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#26 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

THE GMS AUTOPOT CHECKED VALHALLA (THE GUILD SENDING THE REPORTS) YOUR STAFF ARE <not very good at using their brains>

GMs should remain neutral and check all guilds though. What's wrong with them checking Valhalla? o-o

Edited by WarlockFier, 22 September 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#27 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:56 AM

GMs should remain neutral and check all guilds though. What's wrong with them checking Valhalla? o-o

Nothing. The point of the post was that they only checked them.

#28 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

Other guilds got checked...

#29 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:06 AM

Nothing. The point of the post was that they only checked them.

based on who reports the most it would be the correct thing to check the reporter much more over the rest or at least thats what we did in another company in pvp related events

Edited by needmorezleep, 22 September 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

The point of my post and related video (campitor probably didn't notice this before removing it) is that AP was happening in extremely obvious and blatant ways (and I mean come on, you can't tell who it is in the vid) whilst they seem to check us every week - the "other" guild have said that they haven't noticed any checks.

After having provided months of proof against certain groups and them missing extremely blatant events, I am just at a loss as to them claiming to be able to find it. The checks they did the previous two weeks were intrusive with game play. I get there's no real other way TO perform said checks (btw GM team, sp is a bigger deal than hp apparently) - but it is uncomfortable. Either they can't find it and need to find another method or they can and are choosing to ignore it.

I may download my guildmates video and crop the relevant scenes and hide the emblems so you can see what the fury was about. But it was pretty lousy timing - I had just shared that video on TS pointing it out when that report was posted.

If we can see it, why can't the staff?

It's the same -_- people every time. I really think you should just punish them by guild because there is so many and they have benefitted off this -_- for a year+ thanks to your staff incompetence. What are you going to do if I complain about this here and now? Ban me? Okay good because I don't want to play if you really aren't going to hold true to your promises.

Maybe I should start using this -_- myself.

What they don't seem to grasp is that it's characters buried under characters all stacked up unable to be video'd. It only takes one or two players using this crap to turn the tide of the fight. Yeah ok the guild in question got mauled horribly on saturday - But they sure put up one hell of a fight compared to what 17 vs 28 players SHOULD put up. The same players play their characters in other guilds on sunday and there is no way in hell anyone is playing with effects on during sunday.

So no, you didn't catch them.

Yes they are cheating

Yes we have to play vs them both days

Yes the GM team suck.

Edited by Xellie, 22 September 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#31 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

Can you guys do anything about the lag during woe? Movement and switching gears has a pretty nasty delay for me.

#32 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

The last of the unbound drops go away. Monsters should return to dropping normal items.

Can you NOT remove the box versions and just remove the description from them saying they're account bound after opening? I'm glad that some of these gears are boxed because when doing ET or a long dungeon party, the less weight in box form is so much easier to manage. Less time being spent overweight, less time spent having to go to kafra and calculating how much weight to add on/stay off, longer time having fun with friends. 

Also, will you be adding in another turn-in NPC at ID3? I thought they were going to be put in last week, but it's still not there.

Edited by esum, 22 September 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#33 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

Can you NOT remove the box versions and just remove the description from them saying they're account bound after opening? I'm glad that some of these gears are boxed because when doing ET or a long dungeon party, the less weight in box form is so much easier to manage. Less time being spent overweight, less time spent having to go to kafra and calculating how much weight to add on/stay off, longer time having fun with friends. 

Also, will you be adding in another turn-in NPC at ID3? I thought they were going to be put in last week, but it's still not there.

there is a reason the cash shop sells karfa cards at a dollar each its a safe investment  or closer to 5m in game zeny

#34 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

there is a reason the cash shop sells karfa cards at a dollar each its a safe investment  or closer to 5m in game zeny

We already use kafra cards.

And storage only has 300 slots anyway.  A player character can only have 100 slots taken up, so we have to deal with weight limit plus item slot limit.  It's way more convenient to put boxed items on characters that have a low weight limit and reserving kafra storage for things we just can't hold on ourselves during dungeon runs (like having to refill potions/blue gems/sp items/magnifying glasses).

I mean, these boxed items are already implemented.  There's no reason for them to take them out if they're pretty convenient.  Just change the item description to clear up confusion for new players. Unless the GMs are using this as some petty way to make more money from kafra cards lol.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

It won't increase the number of kcards being used, zerowon is just being pedantic

#36 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Can you guys do anything about the lag during woe? Movement and switching gears has a pretty nasty delay for me.

^

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

We only lag when certain people are on screen true story - if we fight the alliance with more players we don't lag. If we fight the guild with he players complaining about lag, we lag.

I think it's related to RCX

#38 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

To answer you questions regarding storage accounts are free to make for storage and cleaning your main account to bare minimum should be a standard practice. If 300 is too less you can do vip that can take care of all your storage needs

#39 Jayalphy

Jayalphy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

So, i've been doing bio 3 with vip and he gum, i've had over 2500-3000 kills of Cecil Damon, not one card drop yet. I've killed like 800-900 Kathryne Keyron and i've got 4 card's, 400 Howard Alt-Eisen and i've got 1 card. Just wanted to make sure if this looks normal, if it doesn't can you check if the drops are normal in bio 3 please? Thank you.

Edited by Jayalphy, 22 September 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#40 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

To answer you questions regarding storage accounts are free to make for storage and cleaning your main account to bare minimum should be a standard practice. If 300 is too less you can do vip that can take care of all your storage needs

Hi Zerowon.  I'm a little confused by your posts.  Are you trying to give me advice or are you trying to go against the opinion that boxed items should be kept?

I think boxed items should be kept because I think they're convenient.  Are you of the opinion that they are not? Why do you prefer the heavier version of items?

#41 Caleron

Caleron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSelangor, Malaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

I've seen alot of exploit in WoE Loki back before. Maybe GM just doesn't get involve much there anymore. That's why I change Chaos. Sorry lads. 

#42 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:41 AM

So, i've been doing bio 3 with vip and he gum, i've had over 2500-3000 kills of Cecil Damon, not one card drop yet. I've killed like 800-900 Kathryne Keyron and i've got 4 card's, 400 Howard Alt-Eisen and i've got 1 card. Just wanted to make sure if this looks normal, if it doesn't can you check if the drops are normal in bio 3 please? Thank you.

The drops are fine. Someone I know has gotten 1 or 2 Cecil cards recently.

#43 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:33 AM

Posting proposed drop table (with rates) for classic challenge dungeon.

Anonymous WoE Report

Spoiler

IMPORTANT POLICY UPDATE

• Going forward, if you are caught cheating in WoE we will automatically review your suspension. Such characters may have their names posted in the weekly posted report. If the suspension is retracted, we will note it in the next report with the reason why.

You need more transparency. How are you watching the suspected players and how would you notice if they are cheating?

On your policy... WHEN will you "automatically" review a suspension? Also, such characters MAY or WILL have their names posted in the weekly report? Finally, stay true to your word. These posts are vague and we the customer, do not appreciate vague statements. You have stated and repeated yourself enough times for your words to have become promises by this point.

Edited by etansit, 23 September 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#44 Castello

Castello

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:44 AM

You need more transparency. How are you watching the suspected players and how would you notice if they are cheating?

On your policy... WHEN will you "automatically" review a suspension? Also, such characters MAY or WILL have their names posted in the weekly report? Finally, stay true to your word. These posts are vague and we the customer, do not appreciate vague statements. You have stated and repeated yourself enough times for your words to have become promises by this point.

yes, please be transparent so everyone will know what not to do in order to get caught.

in fact, don't do anything at all, that'll scare them even more!

people these days........

#45 delpans

delpans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

funny the way u said that there are only 4 guilds.. yet u are so angry when ur guild got checked.. rofl..

at some point many people tired for what u said need to be true!

its not supposed to be true but u want it to be true...

it just my 2 cents

#46 Castello

Castello

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

>Asks for a rule to be enforced
>gets put on the scope of said rule (or thinks/wished she got)
>gets mad cause GMs tried to enforce the rule
>gets mad cause GMs didn't enforce the rule on who she thought/wished they had
>begins calling names on forums
>????
>PROFIT!!!! (?)

yeah, seems pretty logical and not egocentric/sociophatic in any way
where do I sign up for my f2p XellieRO account?

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

>????
>PROFIT!!!! (?)

If you could see thee video posted, you'd understand the problem. We have no issue with being checked - it's more that they aren't catching the people who are obviously using it/being reported. The perception is that they are just poking us to make it seems like things are being done.

Also, the timing of the tests we experienced were dangerous and intrusive to our gameplay. I think this is highly relevant feedback. Much like when the GM prevented us from completing our precast, they had to be informed that it interfered with play. If they are knocking people around before another guild pushes on us, that actually affects the outcome of the fight. Some skills, do indeed reach quite far.

If they are unable to catch people who have been reported for almost a year + now and there are videos floating around as obnoxiously clear as the posted one, then I do think there needs to be a discussion admitting that they cannot catch the offenders.

Having posted that video I have a choice - do I spend Yet Another Week Playing Versus The Same Cheaters™ or just say eff it.

I can of course sit here and endure all the -_-ty comments from the community whilst attempting to drive home to the staff how badly this entire affair is still being managed. I'm tired of PMs and tickets and running our of drive space because they request videos of characters buried in the other guilds stack under SG/MS/SPP - infact the evidence they ask for is impossible... it should be the job of the GM, not the player to get this evidence.

Yes the server is small, there's very few fights happening, which is why it's baffling that they missed this incident. And putting it bluntly, they will never be able to catch the worst of it without being extremely intrusive on gameplay/supply usage. And even then they probably won't catch most of it.

So can we stop being fanciful and talk about a real solution? Observation is clearly not going to work.... Every weekend when my guildmates see videos of people getting away with it, they are less and less inclined to log in. They have a heavy perception of bias that is hard for me to cut through as a guildleader - so sometimes the only way I know how to express the frustration of having to play middleman here is by screaming at the staff for their incompetence, because it is damn stressful.

The video simply was intended to demonstrate the scale of the problem, not who the users are.

#48 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

the best way for GMs to handle this would be record their own videos for review, but after letting everyone know they're watching most cheaters will be careful on how they use them which means... if they're smart enough they're not gonna be catched at all

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

So when woe doesn't get monitored people complain... When woe does get monitored, the same people still complain.

Wonder if the gms get the feel they can't win with some people.

>????
>PROFIT!!!! (?)

Just pointing out the difference between my posts and these, I am swearing at the staff for doing a bad job. These users are picking a fight with other users for disagreeing (although my post may be rather rude, the staff are supposed to have thick skins because it's part of the job) - I'm not paid to put up with this kind of -_- like the staff are (and since the mods have decreed that such flamestarter posts are ok) so I would just like to say

-_- off

#50 Castello

Castello

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

Just pointing out the difference between my posts and these, I am swearing at the staff for doing a bad job. These users are picking a fight with other users for disagreeing (although my post may be rather rude, the staff are supposed to have thick skins because it's part of the job) - I'm not paid to put up with this kind of -_- like the staff are (and since the mods have decreed that such flamestarter posts are ok) so I would just like to say

-_- off

lol, its amazing how much you entitle yourself to get away with because of reasons.

GMs are now paid to put up with bull$hit

and just to be clear, I am criticizing you, not picking a fight, you can take it anyway you want to, or no way at all.
what you did was simply whine and scream, call it whatever you want though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users