[Transportation] Getting around Eldeon and Orlo is torture - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Transportation] Getting around Eldeon and Orlo is torture

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

This teleport scroll suggestion was made in April 2011.

http://forums.warppo...return-scrolls/

I feel like each planet are meant to have different methods of teleportation.

Junon has many teleport scrolls.

Luna has the teleport circle thing.

Eldeon just has that teleport scroll.

Orlo wants you to wander the desert for hours.

I don't have a 200 level character yet, I don't know of special Orlo transportation yet.

I'm thinking each planet should have at least 2 teleport scrolls to common "safe" areas.

In the case of having unique modes of teleportation:

Eldeon perhaps would have you travel by zipline or something. (me Tarzan, aAaaaaaAAAAahaaah!)

Orlo by a magical mana rail system.

A simple npc that can teleport you at an accessible location will make do as well.

not all locations are accessible by this npc or unique method of transportation, just a few select places.

Edited by saravon, 22 September 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:34 AM

At the current time, no Orlo does not have any teleport scrolls, but then Orlo isn't finished yet either. I have suggested already that perhaps a form of Public Transportation be developed for Eldeon.

#3 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

At the current time, no Orlo does not have any teleport scrolls, but then Orlo isn't finished yet either. I have suggested already that perhaps a form of Public Transportation be developed for Eldeon.

I would like to have this done as well.

Then again, given the conditions of Eldeon and the current situation of the Raknus and Sikukus storywise, it's hard to think of something that wouldn't look too convenient.

At the very least, maybe a quest at that little Sikuku Encampment at Shady Jungle, for something that can grant you passage to it without defying or forgetting the (blind) drive of conflict between the Raknu Chief and the non-corrupted Sikuku Chief, would be nice, haha

Eldeon perhaps would have you travel by zipline or something. (me Tarzan, aAaaaaaAAAAahaaah!)

:p_laugh:

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 23 September 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#4 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

Zipline sounds like fun! :D

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:58 AM

I suspect there's no scroll on Orlo to return you to Muris because not everyone can actually enter the city. Not sure how many resrictions can be placed on scrolls- one to Muris would have to include cast cost (MP), level 200 and having completed the fate quest successfully.

And I guess that there are no scrolls to other maps on Orlo because that would eliminate the reason to do the Wreckage of the Blinding Mist quests for the Wayfinder passive and that's one of the main questlines currently on the planet. Honestly, once I got used to where each map is in relation to the other maps, getting around on Orlo isn't too bad. It's a desert after all, so lots of travelling on sand is something you would expect... it adds to the overall charm of the place :P

I would like to see another scroll added to Eldeon tho- to that village in Shady where you find the chief you need to do the fate quest. The trip to get there can be deadly for a character without stealth and even when you're invisible it still takes forever to get there. If there was a scroll to go to that village, then quests could be added to some of the NPC's too. The quests in Xita are good but there could definitely be more quests on tthat planet. I'm sure many new players don't even know about the quest that gives you those free Phoenix wings because so few travel to that little village,

#6 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

Orlo doesn't require anything for reasons stated above. Also Kreinto's keg pack.... Would be nice if players who handed that quest in could keep the skill somehow... Eh.

Orlo is about privilege and secrets, so I doubt there will ever be a public transportation service there any time soon.

An Eldeon jungle zipline / cablecar sounds fun but dunno how it would work. Also unless it or something similar is done well it will take away from the "exploring into the jungle" theme. It's a jungle, guys, it's supposed to be arduous!

Re: quests - I think more have been added here and there. I have a feeling the devs have been optimizing a few things to the game experience lately. Nothing I can recall right now, but I've definitely been pleasantly surprised while questing, leveling and such.

#7 RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAdventurer's Plains
  • Server:The one everyone is in

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:29 AM

A suggestion

For Orlo, Wayfinder can be an active skill, when you use it, it will work like the ROSE Teleportation Ticket but only has the Orlo maps in the options.
This way, only players who did the quest can have the privilege of traveling around Orlo with the skill and not those who skipped the quest.

#8 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

I'd rather not have people give reasons for why there isn't good transportation methods just because of "theme/story". It has been more than 4 years since Orlo became a thing, would a more appropriate reason for why there isn't a decent method of travel in Orlo be because players aren't really meant to spend much time at this planet that is underdeveloped?

The teleport scroll for Muris could have the requirement of having completed that quest if that might be possible. I'm assuming that there are items that open up quest/npc dialogues and that they can have options based on if a player has completed a certain quest or not.

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:29 PM

Oasis teleport scrolls. Each map has an Oasis, assign it an option. Done, can we move on? 

#10 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

How about teletickets that you can use a planet map to select point of spawn? 

I have so many of these freaking teletickets, and reasons  to use them would be nice. 

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

^ Seriously? Do you have any idea how exploitable that sounds for King Farming? Hell no. Some movement by physical travel is a necessity in MMO's, even WoW took out flying in all their new zones because of this need. The fact they tried to make travel a snap movement, and had to back out shows we shouldn't even attempt it. The Oasis' are a potentially exploitable as well, the logical option would be to use the main event sites like the crash site, gates, shrine etc. 

Edited by Feuer, 05 October 2015 - 07:32 AM.

#12 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

^ Seriously? Do you have any idea how exploitable that sounds for King Farming? Hell no. Some movement by physical travel is a necessity in MMO's, even WoW took out flying in all their new zones because of this need. The fact they tried to make travel a snap movement, and had to back out shows we shouldn't even attempt it. The Oasis' are a potentially exploitable as well, the logical option would be to use the main event sites like the crash site, gates, shrine etc. 

Forgive me for not understanding this correctly, but you are saying that this would be a bad idea, because people would actually play the game? 

#13 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:26 AM

Every server I've ever been on that had Orlo tp scrolls was already crap in terms of economy and playerbase. We at least still have an economy despite the botting and whatnot. I don't think we should endanger that with FREELY available tp scrolls. Yes, Wayfinder should be a bare minimum, either as direct teleportation skill (which makes sense, Orlo's like Draenor now in terms of being riddled with dimensional tears and bubbles) or as base requirement for using tp scrolls. Those scrolls shouldn't be available from the Muris foodvendor either.

saravon is right that all players shouldn't be burdened by "having to trek across the deserts like a caravanserai because it's Orlo, duh!". Only the few, the special few, the band of those in the know and the mighty should be rewarded for doing quests and valorous deeds by having access to planetwide teleportation. However, the kegpack right now gives me that already. By choosing either 10, 5 or 0 fuel canisters I can tp between the Golden Ring, Muris, Wastelands Ruins Path, The Wasteland (Majora), the Shrine or the Portal at will. Maybe if players have BOTH Wayfinder, the Keg Pack and something else (the blood of a King?) the kegpack teleport menu will be extended with more options and greater reliability?

#14 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

Get a good cart & problem solved. I never have problem travelling across Orlo.

You can keep the Keg's Pack just in case you need fast tele.

#15 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:26 AM

I think there should at least be a return scroll for the Ancient Oasis Shrine. Until you get to level 200, it is the only place that has everything you need to venture on Orlo, and other than the wayfinder skill, there is no requirement for being able to get there.

#16 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:59 AM

I wouldn't mind a return scroll to the Shrine if availability was restricted.

EDIT: 

@pdfisher: Pam, you post reasons for why the Shrine is NICE. You're not saying why players should be privileged to have tp access to it.

Edited by Tleliaxu, 06 October 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#17 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:14 AM

Why should it be privileged access? It isn't now, nor has it ever been. The only thing that was ever needed to get to it, was having the In Need of quests in your quest box. I most certainly don't think access to the Ancient Oasis Shrine should be restricted.

#18 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

People want to preserve some of the difficulty of transportation so that this game still has story instead of a being game where you just kill things.

Some people simply don't care to do the story.

I'm thinking that there could exist an npc that only appears/sells you things when you have a quest/level condition fulfilled, if that's possible in the game that is.

The item/method of transportation could be account locked so that you only need to complete it on one character.

Blow a months worth of grinding/vending for a cart with any decent amount of mspeed, sure, that sounds like fun, best, perfect solution. ¬_¬

I am a bit satisfied with the keg transportation in orlo but it doesn't provide transportation to Muris, the capital city. Is the quest a one time only thing where the teleportation method is only available during the quest?

I want to focus on this suggestion:

I would like a teleport scroll to Muris to exist that has the requirements of having completed the vizier's key quest, or some not horrible sadistic quest completed to use.

Edited by saravon, 09 October 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#19 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

One of the secrets of the kegpack is you can use it to get to Muris as well as Wastelands Ruins Path. You see that embossed hexagram in front of the two broken pillars near [Pharaoh Queen] Alana, among the devotees of Arua and Hebarn? That's where you show up. Admittedly it's not terribly easy. Play around with it and you'll see :P

And yes, you can only teleport with the kegpack while you have the quest.

Re: Muris tp scroll

I honestly don't know about this. *sigh*

You're right in that we should have MORE options, not less. So maybe let's combine the two: EITHER tp scrolls available from the foodvendor or even the Shrine that require the Wayfinder skill OR use Wayfinder itself as active teleportation skill. I reckon it should only allow teleportation to the Gates of Muris until you have the Vizier's Key.

Edited by Tleliaxu, 10 October 2015 - 02:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users