Server Merge - Page 17 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Merge

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

#401 bloodybones

bloodybones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

27x13ib.jpg

#402 Ryokyo

Ryokyo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

Do me a favor?

Whatever machine I end up on dosen't matter to me. I'm broke, poor, and not nuts enough to play 168 hours a week to farm money on a dying game.

When you pull down the server and channel list at log on, how about putting a red dot (or something) next to the Server and channel where your character(s) are?

I started a character yesterday on Odin, and after repeating the log in many times today, I cannot find the character,

Tried the other server as well.

Nothing.

Now, with this Server merge going on, I don't particularly care. I'll just re-start everything after all the server bashing and user whining is over and done with.

But, I would like an easier way to keep track of the character(s) I create, as (I guess) which channel you log into matters.

(Why? You're onlly going to have ONE SERVER anyway.)

But this idiotic nonsense of having multiple channels on one server ( so many that you have trouble finding your character) is just a function of some one's inflated ego. I know that server channels serve a purpose.

So how about five, or eight channels rather than 20?

Mark those channels where a user has a character.

Or better yet, throw up a character menu at log on and let the user pick which character he wants to play, where ever he or she is.

#403 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

Do me a favor?

Whatever machine I end up on dosen't matter to me. I'm broke, poor, and not nuts enough to play 168 hours a week to farm money on a dying game.

When you pull down the server and channel list at log on, how about putting a red dot (or something) next to the Server and channel where your character(s) are?

I started a character yesterday on Odin, and after repeating the log in many times today, I cannot find the character,

Nothing.

Now, with this Server merge going on, I don't particularly care. I'll just re-start everything after all the server bashing and user whining is over and done with.

But, I would like an easier way to keep track of the character(s) I create, as (I guess) which channel you log into matters.

But this idiotic nonsense of having multiple channels on one server ( so many that you have trouble finding your character) is just a function of some one's inflated ego. I know that server channels serve a purpose.

Or better yet, throw up a character menu at log on and let the user pick which character he wants to play, where ever he or she is.

No matter what ch you log into your character will always be at the last spot you were at before your game ended.  If you don't remember what map they were in can you not just log in and look at your map??? I'm not sure I understand your issue, can you elaborate?

Edited by donchan, 23 October 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#404 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

Do me a favor?

Nothing.

Your characters are "server bound", that means, the only meaningful choice is when you choose a server. After you choose either Odin or Freyja, whatever you channel you choose is meaningless, and you can even change between them freely while playing, so your characters won't "disappear" between play sessions regardless of what channel you pick.

I don't really understand how you could have trouble finding them.

#405 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

I have no words  :p_swt:

#406 nordmusician

nordmusician

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:14 PM

I'm fairly new to this game and I have 50 Zeny, yes, only 50! I have so far bought KP and spent it on storage expansion.

After the merge I will end up with only the 2% of 50Zeny which is 1... That is efffing fantastic! THANK YOU

#407 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

Seriously please state it clear that after the adding of 2% zeny from Freyja, how many % of zeny increased in Odin, is it 20% or 30%?

the odin market now is in chaos due to odin players misinformation and insecurity. might as well name the server: Chaos

#408 nordmusician

nordmusician

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

Im gonna be very pissed if my zeny bought with real money goes to hell, probably wont spend any USD ever again on this

#409 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Im gonna be very pissed if my zeny bought with real money goes to hell, probably wont spend any USD ever again on this

:dotdotdot:

#410 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

Did you just admit to real-money trade, which is illegal?

#411 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

KP by Zeny probably... And i don't why, some Freyja server players comment here, i don't like only 2% of zeny pass after merge, injustice, but well... (10% or 30% probably don't cause any prejudice in the unique and new server economy, extremist decision  (only 2% pass).

I hope the new events have good rewards, not like the forum events ... (only 1 or 2 players join and with every time). 

I choose too, the new server name: CHAOS. 

#412 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

oh look, a ban incoming! hahaha (or is it a trolling?)

#413 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

I'm fairly new to this game and I have 50 Zeny, yes, only 50! I have so far bought KP and spent it on storage expansion.

After the merge I will end up with only the 2% of 50Zeny which is 1... That is efffing fantastic! THANK YOU

u can get back ur 50z after merge, just 1 day daily is all u need 

Did you just admit to real-money trade, which is illegal?

there LOL

KP by Zeny probably... And i don't why, some Freyja server players comment here, i don't like only 2% of zeny pass after merge, injustice, but well... (10% or 30% probably don't cause any prejudice in the unique and new server economy, extremist decision  (only 2% pass).

I hope the new events have good rewards, not like the forum events ... (only 1 or 2 players join and with every time). 

I choose too, the new server name: CHAOS. 

Seriously please state it clear that after the adding of 2% zeny from Freyja, how many % of zeny increased in Odin, is it 20% or 30%?

the odin market now is in chaos due to odin players misinformation and insecurity. might as well name the server: Chaos

i want it to be name Einherjar hahaha

just look at the doubloons price, no ppl want to keep zeny atm

#414 nordmusician

nordmusician

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

Doesnt WP Energy becomes Zeny once converted at te Warpportal website?

#415 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

huh

#416 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

WarpPortal Energy gets converted to Kafra Cash, not Zeny. Zeny can only be generated in-game.

#417 nordmusician

nordmusician

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

What the?? When I sell to NPCs I recieve rupees and when I buy WarpPortal Energy and convert it to buy items in the game. Kafra cash isn't Zeny? I'm getting old...

#418 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:29 AM

What the?? When I sell to NPCs I recieve rupees and when I buy WarpPortal Energy and convert it to buy items in the game. Kafra cash isn't Zeny? I'm getting old...

Rupees are the "penny" of RO2. 1000 Rupees = 1 Zeny. Kafra Points are not zeny.

#419 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:54 AM

oh look, a ban incoming! hahaha (or is it a trolling?)

Right, REAL MONEY ! --> buying WP for $$$ and sell DIRECT for zeny ...

NO incoming ban ... troll :-((

#420 Xenoid

Xenoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:43 AM

Hello everyone.

I don't understand roots of the problem, that developers are forcing on players to deal with.
No matter how you look at it, the solution is so simple, that it hurts.
If the economy difference between servers is the problem, then the zeny of Freyja server should be converted into tradable gathering/crafting materials based on: a) average server market prices; b) highest level character on the account on Freyja. The items should be distributed using Temporary Box Storage (with unlimited withdraw duration, because many players may not know of the server merge and to prevent the loss of their converted zeny), since they are tradable anyway.
It may look same, as cutting zeny to 2%, but in fact it is completely different.

Edited by Xenoid, 26 October 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#421 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

Hello everyone.

I don't understand roots of the problem, that developers are forcing on players to deal with.
No matter how you look at it, the solution is so simple, that it hurts.
If the economy difference between servers is the problem, then the zeny of Freyja server should be converted into tradable gathering/crafting materials based on: a) average server market prices;  B) highest level character on the account on Freyja. The items should be distributed using Temporary Box Storage (with unlimited withdraw duration, because many players may not know of the server merge and to prevent the loss of their converted zeny), since they are tradable anyway.
It may look same, as cutting zeny to 2%, but in fact it is completely different.

That's anything but simple, as wel as a foolproof way to make the value of the proposed items to plummet so hard the zeny-to-item ratio applied breaks within minutes.

If some players can't understand the concept of "currency exchange" it's not WP's fault.

#422 Mishhan

Mishhan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:18 AM

Gee+_75886241c374564959d3eeed60f21abe.jp

#423 nordmusician

nordmusician

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

Rupees are the "penny" of RO2. 1000 Rupees = 1 Zeny. Kafra Points are not zeny.

oooh ok. Well, nevermind, I couldn't care less about Zeny if my Kafra Points are gonna be untouched. I thought they were the same  :P

#424 Xenoid

Xenoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

That's anything but simple, as wel as a foolproof way to make the value of the proposed items to plummet so hard the zeny-to-item ratio applied breaks within minutes.

If some players can't understand the concept of "currency exchange" it's not WP's fault.

It's more simple, than it looks like.
Firstly, as an average we take prices for last 30 days before the announcement.
Secondly, there are many different kinds of crafting/gathering materials for each level. In order to decide, what type to convert to, we need to take how many total of each type exist in the game and add mostly the types of reagents missing the most. For example, there are 10 billion Firmament Essence, 1 billion Earthly Trace, 10 milliard Root of Life, 100 billion Monster Fragment, 100 milliard Spirit of Ruin. As such, we need to convert and redistribute potentially 90 billion Firmament Essence, 99 billions Earthly Trace, 99 billions and 90 milliards Root of Life, 0 Monster Fragment, 99 billions and 900 milliards Spirit of Ruin. If the total cost of reagents exceeds amount of zeny to convert, than it should be distributed proportionally. In the end, player receives 90 Firmament Essence, 99 Earthly Trace, 9909 Root of Life, 0 Monster Fragment, 9990 Spirit of Ruin.
Further, after server merge, there will be increased amount of reagents coming to the server. As such, prices will go down, beginners will have less problems purchasing for a proper price, mitigating the zeny loss impact. Odin server player will share the loss impact, by reduced income from potential sales (why only Freyja server player should take full loss impact?).
And so on, and so on.
It's not players job to do all the calculation, but the developers.

#425 ranma6899

ranma6899

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Locationpa
  • Server:odin

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

i was leveling a chacter she at 43 now ,she just got into hell zone ,or hel dung we call it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users