Change that i would made to the game - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Change that i would made to the game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sp4rkl3

Sp4rkl3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

I don't use to do one of those thread since i only use to play the game but since i came back and i am a big fan of this game,i thought i share my experience from 0 on this server and changes i would like to suggest to the current developpment team.

The first thing that i will address is myself.Note that i was 75 on the EU servers,I play since the open beta and i stop at pheonix since my computer couldn't handle the game anymore  and i did some mistakes in the past that i now understand today.I did everything except beating Elga.

Now on this server,i am 52 and i did everything solo so far(except Lavalon because it would take too long and the drop rate of the mana bomb was annoying:p).

The leveling is acceptable,there's nothing to say.

Now,the changes i was talking about earlier:

- First thing i would do is reduce the amount of quests because there is a lot and there is no point doing then.I would also reduce some hero quests aswell since some hero quest doesn't make since at all to the story.

- On the story side,it has to be remade or retranslated because it feel i'm looking on a result on google translator

- Mission field...aaaaaaaa mission field,change need to be made aswell

(1)F1,F2(a.k.a chaos)F5(story mode) and F6,7(defense mode) should become the following(without the F) :

F1=Normal mode

F2=Chaos mode

F5=Story mode

F6=Defense mode classic or Defense mode

F7=Tower defense or Defense mode:Tower mode or whatever

For Normal mode and Chaos:Difficulty

Easy:1 map with the coresponding level

Normal:2 maps with 1 level increase on monsters and boss

Hard mode:3-4 maps with 2-3 level increase on monsters and boss

I would also get ride of the bonus stage since it has no real use.

- Mission bosses are way too easy to kill and can easily be stun lock and also have low HP.

I would suggest to increase the mission field bosses HP by 10-15% and also be able so they are not stun lock

The mission field bosses ''fury mode'' shouldn't be a %,it should be a timer like a 1 minute timer or something because when i kill a boss,they are put really fast at 60% and they activate their fury mode and i don't personally like it.

- Bosses like Paris,dark lord,mutisha etc.. who has heat seeking abilities attacks should have this ability reduce in power because they are almost not dodgable and need a precise spot on the map to be able to dodge the attack.

-When the element dungeon/element system was implemented,i feel that it was a useless system and i still feel like it.Maybe for some its an useful system but from my point of view,i would totally remake  this system to the ground or revisite the bonus giving to the weapon and armor.

-More event maps!Definitly

Other than that,they're is still a lot of annoying bugs on the game that need to be fixed but i leave that for another time.

-The game could definitly have more classes.That would be a plus.

-The dragonkin race(i don't remember where they were call but that must be close enough)maybe make then able to learn warrior,archer,thief and mage..That's my personal opinion honestly:x.

-Adds more skills on the 3rd class change(again personal opinion)

-Maybe another graphic enchancement but right now,they feel fine to me.

-Future content(if that ever happend)should and definitly should be focus on high level content(75-90)because the most annoying things i hate when they adds content on this game is it was alway low level content a.k.a ''story adjustment''and it brought nothing new to the game.

-Some map with low numbers of monster should have their number increase.

-The option of doing purification stone should be added to a soulcrafter instead of this little big cat who meow events all day long:3

-Soulshift and option expand should be move to a soulcrafter

Enchanshift and sockets should be move to a blacksmith

-Crafting should definitly become a thing instead of using scrolls to create items.

-Potions....Now we have 50 and 60 potions...Maybe add 70 and 80?Personal opinion but since i didn't reach 60 now,i can't tell a serious opinion on that one.

That's definitly all i have to say for now,i don't know if that was all i have in mind but that's a pretty good start.

AND YES I KNOW ITS A MESS >:3

and my english is terrible,sorry.

Edited by Sp4rkl3, 25 September 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:54 AM

- First thing i would do is reduce the amount of quests because there is a lot and there is no point doing then.I would also reduce some hero quests aswell since some hero quest doesn't make since at all to the story.

Reducing the amount of quests is no point of discussion. Many players here enjoy the amount of quests and are asking for more quests.
What's the point of reducing quests? If you don't like them, don't play them. Dragon Saga is not only a PvP focused game, a dungeon crawler or a tower defense game, it's also focused on doing side quests. However, I agree that the EXP rewards for the quests in the higher levels have to be adjusted.

As for the translations, we are working on it, but we can't to everything at once within 5 minutes. We don't have the resources to achieve this. We are not a team of a hundred people working on this game.

As for the Purification Stone conversion, the Soulcraft NPC already has this ability since ages.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:57 AM

-The option of doing purification stone should be added to a soulcrafter instead of this little big cat who meow events all day long:3

Only thing I have to say to this............"topic"........is that the soulcraft NPC already is able to do this. In Port of the Winds it would be the nice little lady directly right to the potion mouse NPC.

To all other things I'm not even willing to respond in any way, sorry. Cause I for sure do not want to turn this great game into  "DungeonCrawlerSaga" something. :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 26 September 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#4 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

I don't use to do one of those thread since i only use to play the game but since i came back and i am a big fan of this game,i thought i share my experience from 0 on this server and changes i would like to suggest to the current developpment team.

The first thing that i will address is myself.Note that i was 75 on the EU servers,I play since the open beta and i stop at pheonix since my computer couldn't handle the game anymore and i did some mistakes in the past that i now understand today.I did everything except beating Elga.

Now on this server,i am 52 and i did everything solo so far(except Lavalon because it would take too long and the drop rate of the mana bomb was annoying:p).
The leveling is acceptable,there's nothing to say.

Now,the changes i was talking about earlier:

while I'm not into quests on this game, personally, all of the side content is great. If anything, more would be better, but incredibly low priority.
- On the story side,it has to be remade or retranslated because it feel i'm looking on a result on google translator
there's a post about fixing translations. The team is making good progress.
- Mission field...aaaaaaaa mission field,change need to be made aswell
(1)F1,F2(a.k.a chaos)F5(story mode) and F6,7(defense mode) should become the following(without the F) :

F1=Normal mode

F2=Chaos mode

F5=Story mode

F6=Defense mode classic or Defense mode
F7=Tower defense or Defense mode:Tower mode or whatever

For Normal mode and Chaos:Difficulty

Easy:1 map with the coresponding level

Normal:2 maps with 1 level increase on monsters and boss

Hard mode:3-4 maps with 2-3 level increase on monsters and boss
Interesting thought. Most players tend to stick with one map for efficiency's sake though.
I would also get ride of the bonus stage since it has no real use.
refer to my previous point. Anyways, bonus stages are quick, and easy, since all of the monsters spawn together. Rewards could be better. Consumables from the chests need a buff

- Mission bosses are way too easy to kill and can easily be stun lock and also have low HP.
I would suggest to increase the mission field bosses HP by 10-15% and also be able so they are not stun lock
I see your point, and as an Invoker, I'd love it if bosses were always superarmored, but this would hurt a lot of low level players.
The mission field bosses ''fury mode'' shouldn't be a %,it should be a timer like a 1 minute timer or something because when i kill a boss,they are put really fast at 60% and they activate their fury mode and i don't personally like it.
every mission boss would die in under 15 seconds, depending on gear. The fury mode is a progression in the fight,it shouldn't be a punishment for players who aren't powerful enough to kill the boss too fast

- Bosses like Paris,dark lord,mutisha etc.. who has heat seeking abilities attacks should have this ability reduce in power because they are almost not dodgable and need a precise spot on the map to be able to dodge the attack.
if everything could be avoided manually, defense and health would be near useless. These attacks are pretty balanced as it is. They show a good indication of how your equipment should be at that point in the game.

-When the element dungeon/element system was implemented,i feel that it was a useless system and i still feel like it.Maybe for some its an useful system but from my point of view,i would totally remake this system to the ground or revisite the bonus giving to the weapon and armor.
I'm a pure PVE player, personally, but elements are a HUGE part of pvp.

-More event maps!Definitly
I actually wrote a full review of the Pirate event mission map in a ticket. With the lack of resources at their disposal, WP did a wonderful job for sure. More of these in the distant future would certainly be welcomed by a lot of players.

Other than that,they're is still a lot of annoying bugs on the game that need to be fixed but i leave that for another time.
WP is rather limited on what they can do at the moment, at least until they're able to make changes to the client. Bugs are to be expected for any game.

-The game could definitly have more classes.That would be a plus.
Client change, would require tons of work for a development team that currently doesn't exist. I'm sure that if you have ideas for new classes and how they'd fit into the lore, they would be happy to take a look.

-The dragonkin race(i don't remember where they were call but that must be close enough)maybe make then able to learn warrior,archer,thief and mage..That's my personal opinion honestly:x.
the dragonkin classes are arguably the most powerful in the game as it is. (Summoner for pve, twin for pvp) they have a big enough skill tree as it is.

-Adds more skills on the 3rd class change(again personal opinion)
the classes have plenty of skills for the time being

-Maybe another graphic enchancement but right now,they feel fine to me.
if anything, fixing the graphical bugs would be plenty

-Future content(if that ever happend)should and definitly should be focus on high level content(75-90)because the most annoying things i hate when they adds content on this game is it was alway low level content a.k.a ''story adjustment''and it brought nothing new to the game.
if I recall, the most recent update was Galaxia, and that raised the level cap and added tons of mid-high level content.

-Some map with low numbers of monster should have their number increase.
honestly, I can't argue here. I agree. It does add some variety though

this exists. Add to black claw nest pl0x!
-Soulshift and option expand should be move to a soulcrafter
Enchanshift and sockets should be move to a blacksmith
they're fine the way they are in my opinion. People who use them know where to go. Changing it would cause confusion

-Crafting should definitly become a thing instead of using scrolls to create items.
recipes? I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The recipes show the character how to make it, and then they craft it based on that.

-Potions....Now we have 50 and 60 potions...Maybe add 70 and 80?Personal opinion but since i didn't reach 60 now,i can't tell a serious opinion on that one.
personally I think the level 60 ones are too powerful as it is. I can't really talk on the hp variety, as I've only ever used mp potions past level 40

That's definitly all i have to say for now,i don't know if that was all i have in mind but that's a pretty good start.

AND YES I KNOW ITS A MESS >:3

and my english is terrible,sorry.

Replies are in bold. More opinions are always nice :)

#5 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:26 AM

"Hey guys, I have a few suggestions based on personal preferences and random things I just thought overnight, but not too long, so please make this game better."

Your post isn't only a mess, it lacks any kind of sense or usefulness what so ever, except maybe letting people know your vague opinion on some things that you happened to stumble upon. When you want to ask for something to be changed, be precise, announce clearly what should be changed in particular and why you think it should, in what way it should be changed and what it would bring to the players, producer or anyone. Else, your suggestion can't be anything except utterly useless since it vaguely relates to something the developpers are already aware of, without giving them any idea or hint as to how they might improve the it.

I still need to answer a few particular points.

If you feel like there's no point doing quests, then think of a way to make them useful instead of requesting their removal.

You can help with translating and fixing text whenever you feel like it, by taking screenshots and sharing them on appropriate topics.

Elements are about the only way to kill players having equipped +20 legendary items, and while it indeed needs some kind of rework I can't think of right now, you can't say they aren't of any use if you've played PvP a bit.

Asking around about things you don't know of before asking for them to be changed would be much appreciated. At least I would appreciate.

#6 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

Reducing the amount of quests is no point of discussion. Many players here enjoy the amount of quests and are asking for more quests.
What's the point of reducing quests? If you don't like them, don't play them. Dragon Saga is not only a PvP focused game, a dungeon crawler or a tower defense game, it's also focused on doing side quests.

Honestly I'm so interested to discover the story even though there was some brokenly hilarious text in description but it was fun. I'm glad to tell that I've finished every single quest.

Edited by SoulSight, 26 September 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#7 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

https://forums.warpp...ication-stones/

Julie is a friend of Gato, she might have taught Gato how to compress :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users