hydron belt socket restriction - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

hydron belt socket restriction

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:20 AM

can someone please explain to my why is hydron belt the only belt with socket restriction.

it is not an event item, it is a normal farmable item... 

so after months of farming for my cdmg card i finally had it ready and decided to make a socket on it... and.. well..obviously i was sorely disappointed...i guess its my fault for not double checking  <_<

dragonsaga15092616141101_by_sigeel-d9ay3

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

If i'm not wrong, most of boss item (like Dark Soul, Magma, Aram, Hydron, Van Cliff, Secmathian and Elga) are restricted creating socket. 

I think you are careless...

Edit : and Ryvius. I'm not sure about Akia.

Edited by SoulSight, 26 September 2015 - 05:28 AM.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hi,

very interesting. To be honest I never noticed this because I have not any socketed item.

Since this is no IM item and if it's correct that there is no other non-socketable "normal" belt, I will talk to our producer about changing this restriction. 

In my personal opinion this is very odd and useless how it is now. I don't see a point for it. Other opinions?

Edited by Popcorn, 26 September 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:33 AM

Opinions from other players?

I'm kind of not a socket expert.

But I agree to allowing creating socket on Ring and Necklace because of limited choices! Ya, i mean galaxia socket.

#5 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

If i'm not wrong, most of boss item (like Dark Soul, Magma, Aram, Hydron, Van Cliff, Secmathian and Elga) are restricted creating socket. 

Black Dragon Lord Belt can be socketed.

And I agree with Sigeel, I wonder why there is so many accessories that can't be socketed (especially necklaces because it doesn't give a huge advantage.)

#6 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationGermany (Hamburg)
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:39 AM

Elemental Belts are also not sockable but in my opinion it can say as it is.

#7 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:43 AM

I think you are careless...

Edit : and Ryvius. I'm not sure about Akia.

dragonsaga15092616375803_by_sigeel-d9ay6

none of these belts have socket restrictions, which is why i automatically assumed hydron belt wouldn't have either.

#8 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:50 AM

My apologies and thanks for reminding me.

So the belt is not restricted.

I agree with Signeel too!

#9 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:01 AM

this is also something that got my attention from way back when i played on eu. 

i was collecting skill cards from galaxy (like anti-air shot) to place on a necklace.

however the necklace that i liked was a secmathian necklace, and I lived in blissful ignorance up until that point when i made the card and realized secmathian necklace can't be socketed.

because galaxy had 4 modes from lvl 50-81 i automatically assumed that because there is a wide variety of card lvls, they can be socketed on different lvl range accessories. for instance if i chose to wear aram necklace, I would be able to socket a card lvl 5 on it if i chose it.

but it turned out korean devs decided that only those necklaces you get it virgo should be allowed to have that socket option...

which to me really killed the whole build making process, and restricted so many possibilities.

rank mode accesories, however, never had that restriction...

dragonsaga15092616451310_by_sigeel-d9ay7

edit: thank you popcorn for looking into this matter, i really appreciate it.  :)

Edited by sigeel, 26 September 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#10 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:01 AM

+1 agree, should be socketable. :p_smile:

Even though I don't PVP at all I think it should be possible to socket this belt too.

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

this is also something that got my attention from way back when i played on eu. 

i was collecting skill cards from galaxy (like anti-air shot) to place on a necklace.

however the necklace that i liked was a secmathian necklace, and I lived in blissful ignorance up until that point when i made the card and realized secmathian necklace can't be socketed.

because galaxy had 4 modes from lvl 50-81 i automatically assumed that because there is a wide variety of card lvls, they can be socketed on different lvl range accessories. for instance if i chose to wear aram necklace, I would be able to socket a card lvl 5 on it if i chose it.

but it turned out korean devs decided that only those necklaces you get it virgo should be allowed to have that socket option...

which to me really killed the whole build making process, and restricted so many possibilities.

As soon as there is some free time I will bring up the whole socketable "normal" accessory subject to the production team's attention for discussion. Thank you for bringing up this inconsistence regarding accessory restrictions.

#12 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

Rank mode accessories are not restricted but the necklace option is so bad...not worth creating socket. I really say that.

The sockets put in necklace are expansion of job1 skill. In reality, those skills except Spear Jab, Grizzly Power, Fire Emblem, Final Decision do not bring significant change. Therefore people still prefer Hero sign of Kazeura or Premium Agnes Necklace or (Hero) Secmathian Necklace. The choices are so limited.

Edited by SoulSight, 26 September 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#13 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

The hydron belt was hardly ever used in pvp because of it's socket restriction. Removing it would benefit the balance between element dmg vs health in pvp, albeit slightly. Impact in pve can be looked at as positive as well. Overall, more gear options for everyone if it's removed as well as those for the element belts.

#14 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:27 AM

it's removed as well as those for the element belts.

Hydron belt deserves to stop being restricted to be like every other boss items.

I think those element belts are meant to be restricted.

#15 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

Hydron belt deserves to stop being restricted to be like every other boss items.

I think those element belts are meant to be restricted.

You need to complete a dungeon, kill a miniboss, and kill a final boss to get element accessories from the boxes. Or you can simply buy them in market. Both of these options are presentable for the Hydron parts. What makes you think they should be restricted?

Edited by sean718, 26 September 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#16 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

What makes you think they should be restricted?

The set effect and piece option are already OP. Combining with socket, it will be OP. 

#17 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

As soon as there is some free time I will bring up the whole socketable "normal" accessory subject to the production team's attention for discussion. Thank you for bringing up this inconsistence regarding accessory restrictions.

thank you!!! :Emo_12:  :Emo_12:  :Emo_12:

#18 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

The set effect and piece option are already OP. Combining with socket, it will be OP. 

If two people have the 3 piece set active (lvl 60) with socket restrictions removed. What are the most beneficial cards they can put into it? Most would put Health, a small amount of players would put attack speed though that isn't viable now since there has been a surge of attack speed boosting stats lately. 

I'm neither against or for their restriction. 3 piece element (lvl 60) accessories are not overpowered in end game. They are almost useless when you come across extremely stacked players. They are useful for low level BSQs to level the playing field, but then those BSQs don't have the benefits of POS gear, even then they aren't overpowered compared to the bonuses of a single lvl 40 element weapon. 

There is no valid reasoning in keeping the socket, but it would allow players to have more options and have more HP in pvp where elements dominate (this excludes level 81+ players of course). It's ironic that players complain about elements and when presented with some small relief from their complaints they are against it. 

#19 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:51 AM

I apologize for my careless wording, i meat powerful, not OP.

And i agree with you sean718

#20 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

I have no opinion on the socketability, just pointing out that belts count as armour and not accessories. So any comparison to rings, earrings and necklaces is strictly speaking irrelevant.

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

I have no opinion on the socketability, just pointing out that belts count as armour and not accessories. So any comparison to rings, earrings and necklaces is strictly speaking irrelevant.

Hm... Belts are often put into one set with accessories (Ryvius belts for example), so it's hard to say if they are to be considered as armor or accessory.

Edited by Popcorn, 26 September 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#22 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:15 AM

Hm... Belts are often put into one set with accessories (Ryvius belts for example), so it's hard to say if they are to be considered as armor or accessory.

but it can be enchanted, which is why i too always thought it was a piece of armor.

only as a cash item it seems like an accessory item because it usually comes as a part of the set with other accesories (example: new origin parts), and as you mentioned ryvius/lavalon/aram/hydron/bone parts.

Edited by sigeel, 26 September 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

but it can be enchanted, which is why i too always thought it was a piece of armor.

only as a cash item it seems like an accessory item because it usually comes as a part of the set with other accesories (example: new origin parts)

That's why I said Ryvius belt. This one is in a set with accessories, too. :) 

#24 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

I agree it's not completely clear. But when it comes to for example socket hammers and soulcraft expanders, belts need the armour variants, not the accessory variants.

Btw, I'll also mention that there are many items in the game for which the list of restrictions can't be trusted. If you plan to do something, it's always best to check manually if it can be done regardless of what the list of restrictions says. :)

Edited by Laburey21, 27 September 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#25 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

Elemental Belts are also not sockable but in my opinion it can say as it is.

That can stay as it is because element belts come with a nice flat resist value and are often worn for the set bonuses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users