RC build 4x HF specialty jur or 2x HF krishna - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RC build 4x HF specialty jur or 2x HF krishna

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Infinity0

Infinity0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

Hello fellow gx...I'm a soon to be gx...was wondering which weapon is better....I actually saw a few guides in this forum but still wasn't sure which weapon is better. Anyway does both weapons still require the use of EDP to level? Thanks all

#2 AsriXII

AsriXII

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:20 AM

RC build need EDP for levelling. You need more atk power from equipment for EDP to be effective.
-krishna(120 atk) +assassin handcuff(+50 attack power bonus set). krishna is weapon level 4 which mean more damage per refine
-specialty jur only have 90 atk. weapon level 1 which give less damage per refine

with +9 rideword hat, you can leech enough hp to survive. So krishna is better choice since it give more damage. you can switch to thanatos katar when you reach lvl 120. its the best katar to levelling using RC

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:01 AM

Krishna is lvl3**.
Also, blood tears > krishna

#4 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

To me people who uses specialty jur [4HF] is just playing it safe (they got no balls!) due to HP leech proc more often. But if you like to live your life dangerously  :hinthint: and playing around with death, you would pick krishna/blood tear/katar as your weapon of choice.

With higher ATK you will kill faster and level faster, but use a bit more pot. I myself use a +7 katar [2HF] because I'm too lazy to refine or enchant it. I found someone sell it cheap and use it.

Krishna is lvl3**.
Also, blood tears > krishna

In the long run if you can refine Blood Tear to +9 or +12 it will be better than Krishna + sin cuff due to being level 4 weapon and without the -30 flee penalty from krishna + sin cuff set.

IMHO If you cant get high refine you better get Krishna + sin cuff. Get also a malangdo enchant for your krishna/blood tear and Biolab enchant for your sin cuff

#5 szjuntao

szjuntao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

For me Thanatos Katar [Hunter Fly] is a good balance between HP/SP leeching & Output Damage.

With this Katar + Rideword hat with EDP u don't need many potions.

Also try to get a Dark Blinder, it can let u get rid of Blind Status which can easily kill you.

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

overupgraded katars are overrated. you'll end up selling it if you ever gonna hit level 120+ *at least that's what's happened to me* or maybe if you plan on making another GXes

otherwise it's good if you want to have perma 99/100 GX to farm low ti.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

I 150ed my first GX using a +6Jur[3xHF] lol, just use whatever is good until you hit 120 and then switch to thanatos katar

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

Btw, even at +7, Blood Tears is better, because you cant assume you aint gonna use no accessory when using blood tears. Due to EDP formula ( weapon atk*5, equipment atk*4) the extra weapon attack that BT has over Krishna makes up for the sincuff combo. Considerating EDP formula, +7 BT has total 965 atk, while +7 krishna has 815+200(sincuff)=1015, this 50 atk difference can be easilly gotten again using anything that gives 12~13 atk (RWC rings can give up to 24 atk!), or you can wear a bako tattoo and boost aspd as well, or a Vesper Core 04 if you are struggling to hit your enemies... the advantages of wearing BT are a lot better. Honestly i never understood why ppl got so attatched to Krishna '-'

#9 Infinity0

Infinity0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

Thanks alot for the reply guys...always thought that 4 HF specialty jur is the best due to survivability...how much rc damage diff am I looking at between a +10 specialty jur vs +7 bloody fears and +7 krishna? All of them requires poison bottle to lvl right =\

#10 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:28 PM

Early on you won't need poison bottles, but at some point you'll need it to keep your damage up. At end game, you'll be looking at 5-6k with a +9 thanatos katar, so when up against monsters that are 150k+ hp you'll need poison bottles. The good news is, with hp leech gear, you won't need any potions. So if you consider how much zeny you'd spend on healing items per minute and half, the poison bottle comes out cheaper in that sense. 

I've never used a specialty jur outside of classic, and so I'm not sure how the damage difference is... but I'd imagine it's at least 75% difference based on their base attack values and their refine progression. This would become more apparent with EDP. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 26 September 2015 - 02:29 PM.

#11 9939131103183646433

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:16 PM

whats better for pvp DD CRIT or KATAR

#12 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:40 PM

To me people who uses specialty jur [4HF] is just playing it safe (they got no balls!) due to HP leech proc more often. But if you like to live your life dangerously  :hinthint: and playing around with death, you would pick krishna/blood tear/katar as your weapon of choice.

Real men use cardless Wild Beast Claw[1] with FS enchants. :pif:

Edited by DeadIntern, 26 September 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#13 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

Real men use cardless Wild Beast Claw[1] with FS enchants. :pif:

I swap between +7 Katar [2HF] and +7 WBC [sidewinder] FS6Sharp3.

My GX is a girl btw because male GX is ugly :parel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users