Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

Hello and Good day,

I am just wondering if Crusader's Grand Cross Strong enough to kill any MVPs. Can you compare Crusader's Grand Cross with Royal guard skills? Or is Grand Cross obsolete once you're a high (MAX) level Royal Guard? And also, does Grand Cross really do not miss its targets?

Edited by quagsire96, 26 September 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#2 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:53 AM

It do not Miss, but it aint good For general MVPing.

1.) You would mostly just attack MVPs that are weak to Holy. GC Forumla in renewal is some what weird. Like you doing not double but 4-5 times more damage to Holy Weak enemies compared to neutral ones.

2.) Positioning. Grand Cross can hit 1-5 Times. If you have a stationary MVP or his slaves are cleared you will hit 3 times. If the MVP is moving towards you and your GC cast finished while he enters your Area of Effect, you will Hit 4-5 Times.

3.) You absolutly need something to instant Heal you. You can not always wear a Holy Armor or use Piety + you cant always wear a cranial.

But I tell you something. Grand Cross with Secrament and/or Dex Boots on a Maxed Out Royal Guard on Inspiration do have better DPS then Genesis Ray. You can cast 3-5 Grand Cross (its like the only Royal Guard skill that cant be cast interupted. Genesis Ray will still need a Phen like effect) each one doing 100 - 120K damage on 200% weak to Holy MVPs with an AK carded Imperial Spear + Imperial Guard.
Yes, it is really strong but do have limited uses. I think you could Solo OGH with a Pure Holy Builded Royal Guard but you would most likely need a second attack for Root. But to be honest, If you would like to Try a Full Holy build, get some AGI for ASPD, a Triple AK Carded FS Enchanted Zephyrus and Holy Cross him to dead.

I made a similar build but paired with Shield Skills like Shield Press, ED and Rapid Smitting. Holy Shield Hybrid build you could call it and I do have a lot of Fun with it to be honest :D

EDIT:
We had a little discussion about renewal GC a year or so ago.

If you need more information you could look it up on this post:
https://forums.warpp...ss#entry2079677

Edited by RaohSung, 27 September 2015 - 04:06 AM.

#3 quagsire96

quagsire96

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

I made a similar build but paired with Shield Skills like Shield Press, ED and Rapid Smitting. Holy Shield Hybrid build you could call it and I do have a lot of Fun with it to be honest :D

I don't see Shield Press in the iRO website Royal Guard Skill list.  What is Shield Press? Is it actually Trample and they just made a typo and put shield press? Please let me know.

#4 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Shield_Press

#5 quagsire96

quagsire96

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

Another question, does Earth Drive miss its target?

#6 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Yes, it is HIT dependent and it is forced Earth Element.
Biggest problem is that it can Break your Shield so be careful or use an Full Chemical Protection / Alchemic Shield Creator slave.

#7 Astral03

Astral03

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

It do not Miss, but it aint good For general MVPing.

1.) You would mostly just attack MVPs that are weak to Holy. GC Forumla in renewal is some what weird. Like you doing not double but 4-5 times more damage to Holy Weak enemies compared to neutral ones.

2.) Positioning. Grand Cross can hit 1-5 Times. If you have a stationary MVP or his slaves are cleared you will hit 3 times. If the MVP is moving towards you and your GC cast finished while he enters your Area of Effect, you will Hit 4-5 Times.

3.) You absolutly need something to instant Heal you. You can not always wear a Holy Armor or use Piety + you cant always wear a cranial.

But I tell you something. Grand Cross with Secrament and/or Dex Boots on a Maxed Out Royal Guard on Inspiration do have better DPS then Genesis Ray. You can cast 3-5 Grand Cross (its like the only Royal Guard skill that cant be cast interupted. Genesis Ray will still need a Phen like effect) each one doing 100 - 120K damage on 200% weak to Holy MVPs with an AK carded Imperial Spear + Imperial Guard.
Yes, it is really strong but do have limited uses. I think you could Solo OGH with a Pure Holy Builded Royal Guard but you would most likely need a second attack for Root. But to be honest, If you would like to Try a Full Holy build, get some AGI for ASPD, a Triple AK Carded FS Enchanted Zephyrus and Holy Cross him to dead.

EDIT:
We had a little discussion about renewal GC a year or so ago.

If you need more information you could look it up on this post:
https://forums.warpp...ss#entry2079677

hmm just asking is it zepyrus wind element can stack on holy cross, holy element contribute damage?

#8 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

Nope, Its forced Holy property.

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

Grand Cross is powerful if you know how to gear for it. It is absurdly retarded.

#10 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

True. GC is freaking powerful. I love to farm OGH and Ghost Palace with my Holy Build RG.

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:21 PM

wanna see. vid or replay plz

#12 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:41 PM

not work for me, i died a lot using that skill  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#13 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:04 AM

wanna see. vid or replay plz

in works :) Will make it when I get home (sat or sun)

#14 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:34 AM

Just so we are clear on this, basic rotation is as such with a mob assuming there is ample amounts of str, int, dex/luk, and assuming you have Banding(prestige is really garbage when doing mobbing imo) and shield reflect on at the time:

(Weapon is sword)- Earth Drive-Grand Cross-Grand Cross-Shield chains or shield press all round

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:35 AM

Just so we are clear on this, basic rotation is as such with a mob assuming there is ample amounts of str, int, dex/luk, and assuming you have Banding(prestige is really garbage when doing mobbing imo) and shield reflect on at the time:

(Weapon is sword)- Earth Drive-Grand Cross-Grand Cross-Shield chains or shield press all round

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:46 AM

No, it is like Arm Cannon, and the element of the weapon is applied too. For whatever reason

#17 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:14 AM

Sadly, Gravity denied Inu's idea on Divine Guard Cap. If we have Divine Guard Cap's initial effect, GC surely become awesome.

No, it is like Arm Cannon, and the element of the weapon is applied too. For whatever reason

It's true. My GC damage increased when using Long Horn on Dark Priest than when using Battle Hook. The difference is big, so it not just because w.atk difference.

Question, GC can trigger HF or Thana effect? I read that Genesis Ray can trigger it (physical part), does the same thing can happen on GC?

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:30 AM

Yes it can, but the skill will still probably drain way more than it would heal you.

#19 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:06 AM

hybrid damage = can proc rm? and the best weapon for gc build probably thanatos spear/1hand? since +atk and matk

kinda interested in this build :x

#20 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:09 AM

Then it is a -_-ing bug...

Edit: Talking bout Holy Cross not GC right?

Edit2: @DemliekCake - Thanatos Mace

Edited by RaohSung, 12 April 2016 - 03:12 AM.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:15 AM

Grand Cross

The atk part is way more reliable and stronger than the matk one.

#22 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:58 AM

hmm just asking is it zepyrus wind element can stack on holy cross, holy element contribute damage?

Was replying to Holy not Grand Cross but still... even for GC thats weird. Maybe because a part of GC is "pseudo" neutral you can endow that part somehow like most of those pseudo elemental skills. Still a bug in my opinion.

#23 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:42 AM

wow, i never know about that. thanks for the info. then it can be more reliable than overbrand in mobbing? then bear's power should be the key to maximize the damage. my RG is still 125, great place to start utilizing the GC.

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:10 AM

now i am interested. mine helping me to figure out? i try to inventarize my gears, and what needs to be bought.

Top: no idea, eddga? EMH?

Mid: BDM or status immunity mids

Low: jinn marin

Armor: Holy Bakonawa Scale Armor (i have one)

Weapon: ??? enchant ???

Shield: ???

Garment: +9 Deviant FAW Spell 18 (this one or FS one is better?)

Shoes: Temp Str - FS7 - Bear Power (is GC having fixed cast time? then i will switch to temp dex - fs7 - bear power)

Acc: 2x Pendant of Maelstorm (gold scaraba carded)

Edited by fuyukikun, 12 April 2016 - 05:17 AM.

#25 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:22 AM

one more thing, do you mob with this build, or just GC them (the raydric in ogh) one by one to obtain max dps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users