About: Crusader's Grand Cross - Page 2 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

About: Crusader's Grand Cross

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:50 AM

When i leveled my paladin, i had 99 str very soon and saved pts, as i'd get 120 str right when turned to RG.

Gears were

Withc pumpkin hat
Alarm mask
Alarm mask
Soul collector cotton shirt lol
+14 RWC knife[zakudam]
Platinum shield
+9 HBP[DR]
Variant shoes
Rwc ring with crappy enchants unslotted
Bako tattoo

+28 phys set

Str+20
Takoyaki
Vip buffs

Using leo crown+7 for mild wind

Dishing out 23k+ per hit on Grand Cross against Dark Priests(was GH spotlight)

Eddga increases immensely the damage, but i like cheap heals :v

Also the skill tends to have its hits bugged if you mob too much monsters, sometimes not dealing a single hit

#27 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:01 AM

now i am interested. mine helping me to figure out? i try to inventarize my gears, and what needs to be bought.

Top: no idea, eddga? EMH?

Mid: BDM or status immunity mids

Low: jinn marin

Armor: Holy Bakonawa Scale Armor (i have one)

Weapon: ??? enchant ???

Shield: ???

Garment: +9 Deviant FAW Spell 18 (this one or FS one is better?)

Shoes: Temp Str - FS7 - Bear Power (is GC having fixed cast time? then i will switch to temp dex - fs7 - bear power)

Acc: 2x Pendant of Maelstorm (gold scaraba carded)

IMO

Top: Eddga (does hybrid attack proc it?) or Divine Guard Hat (damage reduce+auto heal), weakened Fenrir or Dark Pingu

Mid: same or Robo Eye

Low: same

Armor: Hero Plate (10 atk and 10 matk, auto-heal, but SG mess up GC positioning) or Armor of Gray (?). It's nice you have Angeling, but RG have Piety as substitute

Weapon: Imperial Spear (Spell for faster cast and damage, FS for damage), Thana Mace

Shield: Imperial Guard (GC bonus damage) or Gray Shield

Garment: Wakwak FAW with Spell (faster cast). Wouldn't DR increase your backlash damage?

Shoes: Temp Str Spell or FS Bear Power. (I still wondering if Temp Dex build for instant cast is better or not)

Acc: same

#28 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

mine is still 125, so hero plate is still out of question since its level req is 160.

i guess for garment i also will use my +9 flamel HBP, nice atk, matk and neutra resist at 90 stats. i dont want to use wakwak, i better use reduction or heal booster. wearing deviling suppose to be safe since i am using holy armor. 0 holy damage x 1,5 = 0 damage. i just need to take the unavoidable 20% HP cost.

WPH-alarm since legit since most targets are demon/undeads and for cheap healing.

#29 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

You mob with GC, the general rotation is as i stated if its with sword wielding RG's, spear users should by tight follow this rotation:

Earth Drive-Grand Cross-OverBrand-Grand Cross-Overbrand

The periodic swap between GC and OB is so the sp is not strained and allowed enough time to recover enough SP to make up for the bigger requirement of SP needed for GC. You may swap the first GC and OB around if you notice the mob is too condensed into a few tiles and want the most of GC when you cast it (OB will help spread the mobs). The reason for ED is because of the def debuff which is always applied the moment ED hits.

GC procs off both runaway magic and hawkeye from vigorous testing so depending how you like to build your GC guard will determine the kind of temp effect.

Weapon element damage applies but is counted as sqeudo elemental instead of neutral so it does deal full damage to ghost if wielding a ghost element weapon

These have been my findings the past few months, anyone elses input is appreciated. Also if you want to argue my points, realize my credit card bill from all the neurals and reset stones invested into designing gc RG skill builds begs to differ

#30 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

For shield, I am using the Ghost Palace one with Holy Resistance and +10 Mdef.

UHG: HP/SP Leeching HG with Bung. or Carat
Armor: Or use Piety and take any Armor with Porcellio, Hero Plate seems great if you have one.
Weapon: Hunterfly/+%Race Thanatos Mace and a 2HND Spear (Zeph.[3] FS, Spectral Spear [1]) to switch if you want to use Holy Cross. Or stick with the mace and....
Shield: Cross Shield to Swap for Rapid Smitting. Shield of Gray

Shoes: 120 + DEX Boots. It do have Fixed Cast time.

For OGH I am using PPA and Holy Cross them. RS aint good because range aint good and if they use arrow repel, it knocks you back out of range. I dont like to carry an extra Strong Shield with me for that.

#31 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

one more thing, if you can mob raydric in ogh wih this build, how viable it is to go 175 in nct? big bell in nct should have almost same hp with raydric and receive the same damage from holy.

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:52 AM

raydric = shadow

big bell = neutral

#33 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

oh ._.
welp, that is a short dream

#34 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

could use a brocca since the 25% pierce neutral applies to GC, I would know, I have one.

#35 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

tried building one. i realized about 2 things.
1) GC have sux azz long cast time and cast delay even with temp dex and 320 total dex (120base, 200 HE proc). It safe to assume that it have at least 2 s of fix cast time even with temp dex.
2) OB spam with insta cast is kinda sexy :3

if only we have free reset or we can reset with zeny, then there are a lot that i want to test :s
RIP wallet.

#36 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:11 AM

I think my rough estimate was 3 seconds fixed. Thats why i said you need to use banding to slow mobs down and OB to reduce intaking damage between GC casts.

#37 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:43 AM

Huh? So GC is full fixed cast then? Well that gonna change my planned equip. Luckyly I've reset my RG when Santa came and hadn't put the points back.

#38 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:43 AM

Huh? So GC is full fixed cast then? Well that gonna change my planned equip. Luckyly I've reset my RG when Santa came and hadn't put the points back.

No its not that its completely fixed, just that variable portion is so small its not noticable at all............

.......Ohkay you can basically say its all fixed but it does have a variable portion for you to get rid of!

Edited by Marty5337, 13 April 2016 - 05:43 AM.

#39 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

Well, maybe not change much, as I plan to make Holy Genesis Ray RG, dualing with my other RG on Banding. GR's cast time is pretty big time too! 1.5 sec fixed and 2.5 var on lvl 5 orz

#40 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

Just fyi, tried out a caesar sword finally and can confirm again that they def bypass works with GC. Also noticed the 20% damage increase on plants seems to apply towards the whole of the GC (both phy and magic portion). Further testing is deeply required as my brain does not compute ro calculations well.

I am hoping RoahSung will further investigate for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users