Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

So, as most of the comunity already knows, the Soul Destroyer page on irowiki was soooooo outdated, that it still had the pre-renew formula and effects. 

So i created an account there to update the page since recently i received quite some PMs regarding the actual Soul Destroyer formula and usage.

Enjoy,
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Soul_Destroyer

#2 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

TO THE WIKI MOBILE!!!!

#3 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for this!

#4 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

Thx! :)
You should add, that ranged% stuffs like AS cards do work. Most guys seems to forget about that, even if there is "...inflict Ranged Hybrid damage" written but some seems to be confused about if this will work out on Left Hand weapon because of:
 "
Due to the nature of this skill not taking the ATK of the left hand weapon in the damage calculation, having a non carded/% card weapon on the left hand does absolutely nothing in increasing damage"

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

is it just me or the damage is lower with edp?

justme.png

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:47 AM

The formula is halved, however edp increases your atk tremendously making it more powerfull in general. EDP halves the formula of various other skills as well

#7 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

so does that mean you'll have to use this without EDP active?

I didn't have soul destroyer on my current skill tree I have not tested this one yet

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

Using EDP will still buff your damage, unless you're relying entirely on MATK for your damage. If you're relying on physical attack, EDP will make it better. Think of it kind of like Sonic Blow. 

----

Point of clarification on this part, Ashuckel:

"...having a non carded/% card weapon on the left hand does absolutely nothing..."

Does that mean using a hydra or skeleton worker card on your left hand won't boost your right hand weapon's atk with SD? (assume it's against a medium demi-human) 

Or does it mean that it won't influence the left hand, but will still influence the right hand? 

Edited by mildcontempt, 29 September 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#9 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

"...having a non carded/% card weapon on the left hand does absolutely nothing..."

Does that mean using a hydra or skeleton worker card on your left hand won't boost your right hand weapon's atk with SD? (assume it's against a medium demi-human)

Or does it mean that it won't influence the left hand, but will still influence the right hand?

It says non carded/% weapon.

So the one that will do absolutely nothing is a non carded or non % dmg left hand weapon, because its ATK property is not counted towards skill atks.

Cards or buffs from your left hand weapon still counts.

Edited by DeadIntern, 29 September 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#10 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

I see, I was misreading that then. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 29 September 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#11 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

so does that mean you'll have to use this without EDP active?

I didn't have soul destroyer on my current skill tree I have not tested this one yet

Some other offensive skill damage modifiers of sinx/gx are nerfed to half when in EDP. 

#12 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Using EDP will still buff your damage, unless you're relying entirely on MATK for your damage. If you're relying on physical attack, EDP will make it better. Think of it kind of like Sonic Blow. 

----

This guy has a point.

Pre-renewal SD was not affected by % modifiers cards (Hydra, Skel worker % part, TG) but with flat atk cards like Andre and Zipper Bear Cards. As a rule of thumb in dual wielding, those cards that are in off-hand will be treated as part of the right hand - so if you wear Zipper bear card on the off-hand, the right will take its effect. This goes to pre-renewal SD too.

As per my experience in renewal, % modifiers cards and even kvm demi human % effects affect SD. With edp and poison on a venom impressed target, I can deal 39k level 10 SD damage (i'm a crit build btw, no int and very low dex). That was using my kvm katar.

So yeah, what about when we dual wield, will the cards "won't influence the left hand, but will still influence the right hand?"

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

The explanation is pretty clear for me:

• Due to the nature of this skill not taking the ATK of the left hand weapon in the damage calculation, having a non carded/% card weapon on the left hand does absolutely nothing in increasing damage. However, since the left hand weapon upgrade still increases MATK (only MATK, ATK of left hand still doesnt matter), it can still increase damage. Weapons that increase MATK if worn in the left hand will increase the damage as well.

It says, ATK of the left hand doesnt matter, having a non carded left hand that has no MATK wont change your damage. The only way of left hand increasing your damage is being carded or having MATK on it.

#14 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:53 AM

The part that threw me off was this: "non carded/% carded weapon on the left hand does absolutely nothing"

I read that as meaning "having a non carded OR a % carded weapon on the left hand does absolutely nothing". 

Edited by mildcontempt, 30 September 2015 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users