What's a Good Armor and Garment for AGI Royal Guard? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's a Good Armor and Garment for AGI Royal Guard?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 quagsire96

quagsire96

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

i have a AGi crusader right now planning on becoming a Royal guard but i do not know what is a good Armor and Garment for him, can you please help?  I was thinking Dragon Vest and Manteau but i am not certain. :hmm:

#2 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:51 PM

Puuh....
To be honest, start to play this game first and get some experience, how the mechanics of the game do work.

As a Royal Guard, you will not play a Pure AGI RG, because FLEE aint doing much for you later on. It is useful on maps with slower Monsters, but if you want to Level on later on Hardcore filled  maps with all variaty of monsters, spell caster etc (Magma 2, Juperos, Abyss Lake 3, Cursed Abbey), you will die in seconds.

First: as a Royal Guard, concentrate on VIT for survival  and DEX to actually hit the monsters. 70-80 on DEX should be enough, but Overbrand, your strongest AoE attack as a young Royal Guard, do have DEX in his Damage formula too so you can go Over 80+ later on but get some good amount of VIT first.

Second: Swordsman classes are Tank Classes. You should absolutly focus on Reduction Gears for your Royal Guard. You do not just need to do enough Damage on the monsters you are gathering, you need to survive too. Reduction Gears and Leech Equipment like the Rideword Hat, Vanguard Helm, Hunter Fly Cards for your Weapon and the Thanos/Thanatos Spear (you should really get this as a Royal Guard) are doing well and should be considered getting by you too.

I dont know, if you are a complete new Player or just new to the Crusader branch, so focus on absolutly needed Equipent for survival you need. Equipment like Heroic Backpack and Fallen Angel Wings should be last of your concern right now. If you know, how you can get some nice Zeny income, then you could consider getting them as End Game equipment.

-----------------------

My suggestion for you as a young Royal Guard:

Skills: Get "Overbrand " first. This will be your main leveling Area of Effect type attack. Practice it a bit. New Players will find the positioning a bit weird and hard in the beginning. Next, you could get "Shield Spell". Level 1 is mainly for an ATK increase, depending on your  Shield Defence. Level 2 is based on your Shields MDEF and mainly used for Magnificat, if you need to regenerate your SP faster (best using while sitting). Level 3 is based on your Refine level and is mainly used for his HEAL effect. Better refine = Better Heal.
next you can do something for better survival. YOu can get the Skill "Force of Vanguard" to get a nice HP and DEF Boost. Or you can get the Skill "Prestige" (or get it later) for great Reductions in all areas and a chance to avoid Magical Attacks.
You could also get a second AoE Skill to combo with your Overbrand skill. For new RG players I would Recommend "Moon Slasher". Easy to execute (360° attack) and boosted from Overbrand level.

-----

- First to get Equipment -

- Upper Headgear: Something for HP/SP Leech, like Vanguard or Rideword Hat. Card it with something that gives you SP like Blue Acidus or a Willow Card. You should get a Headgear for better healing effect from Consumables and Potions too.

- Middle Headgear: Anything. Robo Eye should be okay first.

- Lower Headgear:  Cash Shop LHG or anything you can buy from Vendors.

- Armor: Orlean Gown with Marc Card and with Peco Card. Peco Carded you should get first. Later on, you can get Elemental Cards or Armors, if you want to use Phen Carded Accessory instead of the Orlean Gown.

- Shield: Rosa Shield (Carded or Uncarded) to switch in for Shield Spell 1 (130Def = 130 extra Attack) and a general Valk Shield. If you do not want to have, or do not have enough Zeny for more then 1 Race Reducing Carded Valk Shield, try to get a Hodremlin Card. Or you could get a Platinum Shield first. An Imperial Guard with Hodremlin Card is the best all purpose Shield for a Royal Guard, because it do have 120DEF, 5MDEF (so you can use every Type of Shield Spell w/o switching Shields) and do have some decent weight for Shield Attacks, if you want to use them.

Garment: Nydhoggurs Shadow Garb with a Raydric Card (nothing else you will need in your Leveling Life). Heroic Backpack and Fallen Angel Wings are for endgame purposes and Players with enough money.

- Shoes: Variant Shoes

- Accessories: There are so many... You could get Vesper Cores really cheap and get the type you need Most. Diabolus Rings and even The Bradium Ring are nice carded with Gold Scaraba Cards, Mantis or Zerom (depends on your Budget). You can use a Phen Card in any Accessory, if you decide to use an other Armor then Orlean Gown.

____

For more infos about a Overbrand leveling Build, you can read the guide made by Noxnel:
https://forums.warpp...te-coming-soon/

- Skill Information -

Shield Spell
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Shield_Spell

Overbrand

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Overbrand

Prestige
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Prestige

Force of Vanguard
http://irowiki.org/w...rce_of_Vanguard

Good luck on your Crusader journey :)

#3 quagsire96

quagsire96

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

Puuh....
To be honest, start to play this game first and get some experience, how the mechanics of the game do work.

As a Royal Guard, you will not play a Pure AGI RG, because FLEE aint doing much for you later on. It is useful on maps with slower Monsters, but if you want to Level on later on Hardcore filled  maps with all variaty of monsters, spell caster etc (Magma 2, Juperos, Abyss Lake 3, Cursed Abbey), you will die in seconds.

SH*T I didn't know this. Is AGI really useless? That sucks! Thanks for the heads up!

First: as a Royal Guard, concentrate on VIT for survival  and DEX to actually hit the monsters. 70-80 on DEX should be enough, but Overbrand, your strongest AoE attack as a young Royal Guard, do have DEX in his Damage formula too so you can go Over 80+ later on but get some good amount of VIT first.

Can i max out on VIT and INT (120 both of them) while still having 80 DEX?

Second: Swordsman classes are Tank Classes. You should absolutly focus on Reduction Gears for your Royal Guard. You do not just need to do enough Damage on the monsters you are gathering, you need to survive too. Reduction Gears and Leech Equipment like the Rideword Hat, Vanguard Helm, Hunter Fly Cards for your Weapon and the Thanos/Thanatos Spear (you should really get this as a Royal Guard) are doing well and should be considered getting by you too.

I have the Archdam card set with me all i am missing is the freezer card.  Will having Holy property armor help too?

I dont know, if you are a complete new Player or just new to the Crusader branch, so focus on absolutly needed Equipent for survival you need. Equipment like Heroic Backpack and Fallen Angel Wings should be last of your concern right now. If you know, how you can get some nice Zeny income, then you could consider getting them as End Game equipment.

I am a comeback player and i have no idea about these items and where to get them. Will you be willing to tell me how to get these items? :thx:  :thx:  :thx:  :thx:  :thx:  :thx:  :thx:

Edited by quagsire96, 28 September 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#4 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

Your absence from RO have to be a good long time... whoa thats a lot to answer >_<

Do not get INT to 120. You wont need it, trust me. Even for a Full Holy Build, Grand Cross Formula changed in Renewal. STR+ATK weights more then INT+MATK.
You could reset on 150+ though, if you would really like to try this way but I dont recommend this for you as a returning Player.
Your next AoE as Royal Guard will be Overbrand, keep Grand Cross if you like it but you aint need more then 40-50 INT for a leveling Royal Guard.

Overbrand is good, because you dont get damaged from the Skill itself so you need way much less Potions or other ways of healing. Grand Cross is still okay for Niflheim Field 2, Magma Dungeon 2 and even Nameless Island/Cursed Abbey.

You can Max VIT if you really want to do it, but get 90-100 STR and 80-90 DEX first.
Altough a more mixed stats allocation would be better but 120 VIT aint wrong either for end game.

You can use your Crusader Card set for now. Holy Armor aint bad but as a Royal Guard you get "Piety" so you can Endow your armor as you like so you should break the Set (it is not useful as Royal Guard anymore)

You dont need the 2 Garments for now.
All equipment I suggested, you can buy from vendors. check ragial.com

To loot them from MVPs would be too much for you too handle (Beelzebub = Variants) so better farm Zeny and buy them directly from Players.

Edited by RaohSung, 28 September 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#5 quagsire96

quagsire96

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

You can Max VIT if you really want to do it, but get 90-100 STR and 80-90 DEX first.
Altough a more mixed stats allocation would be better but 120 VIT aint wrong either for end game.

80-90 Dex? will i really hit all kinds of monsters at 80-90 hit? Or am i missing something here? 

#6 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:23 AM

80-90 DEX do not mean you just have 80-90 HIT...
it adds HIT by 80-90 yes, but Base Level, your EQ, Fighting Spirit Enchants, LUK and others count in too. you should have 400+ HIT easily with 80-90 DEX at Level 120-130.

#7 quagsire96

quagsire96

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

it adds HIT by 80-90 yes, but Base Level, your EQ, Fighting Spirit Enchants, LUK and others count in too. you should have 400+ HIT easily with 80-90 DEX at Level 120-130.

AAAAH! :p_idea:  heheheh RaohSung you're the best! Thanks for the replies. i 5-star your profile : )

Edited by quagsire96, 30 September 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#8 quagsire96

quagsire96

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

How about 320 Hit is that enough?

#9 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:21 AM

For a cheap, easy to get and fairly useful armor I recommend you a Glittering Jacket [1].

This armor can blind the enemy you attack (3%), got a decent def and echantable with +3 stats.

It seem like you are interested on the Crusader card set. Honestly the effect does not worth the effort to get all the card in the set. This card set is out dated and absolute now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users