Suggestion: Element resistance item - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Suggestion: Element resistance item

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:49 AM

Having BSQ'd lower levels, it's apparent that there is a major gap between the element attack obtainable and the element resistance available below level 81. I've thought about this numerous times. Creating a mini POS set for every class would work, but creating it for every class below level 80 is a major project. Which set do would the devs remake? What stats should they choose? What level requirements would it be?  There are too many hurdles and too many factors to consider to trying to balance out the lower level BSQs. 

But if one item is created to provide similar resistance bonuses like the POS sets provide then it becomes easier for the devs and potentially everyone.

Creating an IM belt would work or an IM accessory set with similar bonuses as the POS set (just the element resistance bonuses) would work. I'm suggesting that it be an IM belt or accessory set  rather than normal equipable gear simply because of the fact that it would interrupt many different builds, while the IM belt or accessories (aside from those nice rings) can be considered switchable by majority of PvPers.

I would suggest a rate of 2500 four element resistance with a 25% increase four elements resistance stat.

The numbers were chosen because of simple maths and calculations of element related variables.

Level requirement could be 1-99 or 1-80 if the dev team is inclined to withhold it from POS users. 

Of course this has very little impact on the PvE community.

Thoughts, opinions, harsh criticisms- welcome.

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:00 AM

In my opinion, we just need adding element resistance in last set effect of every set.

#3 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

In my opinion, we just need adding element resistance in last set effect of every set.

Thought about that. Not everyone uses full sets of everything. In addition, you can't place it in the beginning as a first set effect of multiple sets for each class, players will simply do 2/2/2 or 3/3/ pieces to stack it. 

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:08 AM

4th set effect is ok. This allows player to mix with other equipment creatively.

Edited by SoulSight, 28 September 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:15 AM

But if I'm right you have to wear the full POS set to get the element resistance it comes with, right?

So why creating just one item for the lower levels? Would this not be "unfair" or something?

Sorry, I have some understanding problems here. Would you mind to explain your thoughts a bit further?

#6 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:17 AM

4th set effect is ok. This allows player to mix with other equipment creatively.

I think this is a quite nice idea actually. Equipment mixing is still possible.

I would be okay with that (even though said set effect would be nothing for me as PVE player).

#7 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:19 AM

To Fliederduft78: Rare Elga, rare POS and hero POS are the only set that have element resistance in 6th set effect.
And you have no misconception here.

Edited by SoulSight, 28 September 2015 - 05:23 AM.

#8 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:23 AM

But if I'm right you have to wear the full POS set to get the element resistance it comes with, right?

So why creating just one item for the lower levels? Would this not be "unfair" or something?

Sorry, I have some understanding problems here. Would you mind to explain your thoughts a bit further?

After calculating values based on obtainable element damage from 6* cards and +20 weapons their +20 armor and 6* counterparts and potential level differences, it is quite a monumental idea to create sets or have full set requirements in the armor or normal equipable slots as it will create chaos with already implemented set effects. So, considering a single IM slot belt or a IM accessory set to have resistance values for PvPers as an equalizer is more effective for all parties involved.

As a player raises their level (up until POS) the cards they can equip in relation to the armor they're wearing has increased stats. The effect of the item or set can boost these stats without sacrificing build or creating havoc with the set effects of all classes involved.

It would not be unfair, actually it would be good. Players, even stacked ones, die in mere seconds and even instances when against element attack stackers. You've seen players complain about elements in the lower level BSQ's, I've seen it in BSQ matches and forums. Players who constantly die from element damage will simply quit the match. 

#9 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

Let's look at lv40 elemental weapon. Is there any equipment or even socket for resistance?

#10 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

Would you add this to all equipable sets for each level, for each class? Would you remove the current placements of the set effects or would it simply stack on top of the already 4th set effect? I am curious.

#11 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:32 AM

Because of 4th set effect, they cannot stack 2 sets with element resistance.

#12 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

To my understanding, sean718 is suggesting a way to attain elemental resistance at lower levels which takes the MINIMAL amount of effort for the development team without affecting the other factors. If the project is too large, it is more likely to be put off such as adding the effect to every set gear.

As far as it to be unfair, it's a solution for a problem which everyone can accept. I do suggest having a level limit of 1-80 or 1-74 so it cannot be stacked with any other resistance bonuses. Possibly a reduction in resistance bonus as 2500 all element + 25% seems a bit much but that's not the current issue.

Let's look at lv40 elemental weapon. Is there any equipment or even socket for resistance?

Of course. Every single piece of armor (accessories is not armor) as far as I can recall has the ability to be socketed by 6* resistance cards. The reason why people are not farming them is because the work outweighs the benefit.

#13 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

Because of 4th set effect, they cannot stack 2 sets with element resistance.

Again, thought about it, but came to the conclusion that it had to be done for all equipable sets from level 40-80. But that wasn't my question.

#14 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

I don't get your point sean718

#15 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:56 AM

If you'd ever think about some element resistance "set" for the lower level I defintely agree with sean718 for implementing a IM belt with element def as set option to have the smallest impact in PvE. If you think about a 4th set effect you need to do it for every single set of every single class, otherwise the same would happen like with the POS set (if you want to be competitive you are forced to wear THIS set). But then it has to be adjusted for every set like how much would a set on lvl40 give and how much would the bone set give for example? Reworking the existing sets would be too much effort IMO and creating a completely new lower level set for every class is out of question. So the remaining best choice would be an IM "set" to give some element resistance.

Either just a single IM belt with giving element def +X and +% or maybe a combination of an IM belt and an IM shield to get a full "2 set effect bonus" or something like that since every player normally would wear the Unity/New Origin Bracelet (correct me if I'm wrong but I guess the only class with a different IM shield than all other classes is the Knight? Or do I miss some IM shields for other classes?)

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

I agree to Sean that a belt would be a good idea IF we could set an upper level limit for equip items. But this is not possible, because the game does not put off items automatically as soon as the char is above the max level limit. It's clear that this does not work. Imagine your inventory is full - where to put this item then? The client is developed the way that an item stay equipped until you manually unequip it.

So the best solution would be to add 4-element-resistance for the 4th set part to every existing in-game set (normal equip) from Lvl. 40+ which do not have any resistance yet. The normal set effect would stay, because we're able to add more set effects than only one per part. So this wouldn't affect any PvE player in a negative way.

I agree, this is a bit of work, but it's not that much that it couldn't be done. It surely takes time, it can't be done within one week, but in a reasonable amount of time. This problem has already been discussed internally and it seems adding 4-element-resistance to the sets would be the best solution.

Our current problem is that we aren't deep enough into PvP and element stats that we can just create these stats for the sets. To get some reasonable values we would need community help to find out which resistance values to add for

Level 40~49 sets

Level 50~59 sets

Level 60~69 sets

Level 70~79 sets

Adding one 4-element resistance to the sets is not that much effort you may think, but we need reasonable amounts and a bit patience.

Edited by Popcorn, 28 September 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#17 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:05 AM

I agree to Sean that a belt would be a good idea IF we could set an upper level limit for equip items. But this is not possible, because the game does not put off items automatically as soon as the char is above the max level limit. It's clear that this does not work. Imagine your inventory is full - where to put this item then? The client is developed the way that an item stay equipped until you manually unequip it.

So the best solution would be to add 4-element-resistance for then 4th set part to every existing in-game set (normal equip) from Lvl. 40+ which do not have any resistance yet. The normal set effect would stay, because we're able to add more set effects than only one per part. So this wouldn't affect any PvE player in a negative way.

I agree, this is a bit of work, but it's not that much that it couldn't be done. It surely takes time, it can't be done within one week, but in a reasonable amount of time. 

This problem has already been discussed internally and it seems adding 4-element-resistance to the sets would be the best solution.

Our current problem is that we aren't deep enough into PvP and element stats that we can just create these stats for the sets. To get some reasonable values we would need community help to find out which resistance values to add for

Level 40~49 sets

Level 50~59 sets

Level 60~69 sets

Level 70~79 sets

Adding one 4-element resistance to the sets is not that much effort you may think, but we need reasonable amounts and a bit patience.

I'm aware that adding multiple values to as set effect is possible. It's on the POS set. I'm not against the 4th set effect addition of four elements resistance, but as I've said before, it would create some havoc with player builds and combinations. Some players have already spent money on their 2/2/2 or 3/3 builds (hundreds of dollars is not out of the equation), so let's consider the feelings of those players as well. 

Again, I'm not against it. It certainly came to mind. But what are your opinions on those players efforts who might be affected?

As for your question on finding some values for different sets for different levels, it isn't necessary.

The set level resistance distribution is already selected by the card socketed. Higher values for higher levels, and rightfully so.

Edited by sean718, 28 September 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#18 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:07 AM

Thank Popcorn for understanding me
Edit : Now I get your point sean718 : Havoc.

Edited by SoulSight, 28 September 2015 - 06:09 AM.

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:09 AM

We are also not against a belt, but what is about the players having the PoS set equipped? They could stack additional element resistance this way, because - as I said - the client does now allow equip items with a max level limit. 

Do you think that the player Lvl. 81+ all have PoS set equipped, or do you think creating a belt would have no impact on high level PvP (81+)?

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:12 AM

As for your question on finding some values for different sets for different levels, it isn't necessary.

The set level resistance distribution is already selected by the card socketed. Higher values for higher levels, and rightfully so.

So you suggest adding a 4-element-resistance "add rate" instead of a fix amount? 

#21 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

Wouldn't you have to add these bonuses to the normal sets 40-67, their glorious and chaotic set counter parts, rare and hero bd sets, rare and hero sec sets? Not to mention the resistance would have to be different on each set to balance out the weapons used. 61+ characters could transition into higher tier weapons with 6* cards dealing even more dmg than the elemental 40 weapons with 6* cards. Having a single universal belt sounds a little more efficient in letting people use whatever sets they want, in testing stages as well as not having to deal with the different resistance given for each set Everyone gets whatever resistance they can get from the IM belt and wouldn't have to question its worth.

Edited by ohsnap, 28 September 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#22 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

We are also not against a belt, but what is about the players having the PoS set equipped? They could stack additional element resistance this way, because - as I said - the client does now allow equip items with a max level limit. 

Do you think that the player Lvl. 81+ all have PoS set equipped, or do you think creating a belt would have no impact on high level PvP (81+)?

Failed to address this one. Impact on 81+ is dependent on the values chosen. 2000 element resistance with a 20% increase would not have much of a negative impact, actually it would benefit those who don't stack element 6* attacks while reducing the effects of those that do. Too high of a value and it could nullify element damage altogether (some people potentially want this). 

I do see your point about the level limit, don't want it adding onto the POS effect, but then again, the potential elemental damage at 81+ is already extremely excessive. Anyone have some ideas or thoughts on this?

#23 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

So you suggest adding a 4-element-resistance "add rate" instead of a fix amount? 

Considering that it might be universal from what you said the limitations are, the add rate would be a bad idea. It would have too low of an impact on lower level gear while having maximum impact on higher level gear because of the socket card values for those gear levels. 

A fixed amount would work better in retrospect to that. For example, a fixed amount of 3000 would heavily benefit lower level BSQ. POS wearers would receive a 4950 element bonus. The only question I honestly have is if players potentially want this in 81+ BSQ. 

I have no doubt that many players would want it for the lower level BSQs. 

Edited by sean718, 28 September 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#24 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:55 AM

Arrr...i don't get the point!!!

#25 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

Everyone is mad about element system but the thing that actually kills the PvP in that game are the troubles of the server syncing with clients' moves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users