Suggestion: Element resistance item - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Suggestion: Element resistance item

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#26 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

I'd still prefer a IM belt or/and IM shield with a set effect as Element resistance. I'd stick to 2000-2500 elemental defense with maybe +10-25% on it. So it won't be too bad even if someone is wearing it with POS set.

#27 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:11 AM

That's the reason that this topic exists.

#28 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

3k Flat element resistance on IM belt/accessory set. Reduce the element resistance from POS set effect to 2k instead of the current 4k. It's also possible to reduce the POS four elements % bonus as well, depending on what the dev team chooses. 

Impact on POS wearers becomes negligible.

Would also be possible to get rid of the pos bonuse entirely but.. not sure if many people would like that.

I think this would be a decent route to go. Thoughts?

**Basically reduce POS/rare elga four element bonuses corresponding to the IM belt/accessory set bonus as to not potentially boost POS/rare elga wearers.

That or pretty much force everyone to build around 4th piece sets. I wouldn't mind either since it means players won't insta-die upon contact. But i believe the belt/im accessory would be a better route.

Edited by sean718, 28 September 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#29 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

3k Flat element resistance on IM belt/accessory set. Reduce the element resistance from POS set effect to 2k instead of the current 4k. It's also possible to reduce the POS four elements % bonus as well, depending on what the dev team chooses.

I think this would be a decent route to go. Thoughts?

I would agree to this to adjust the end game, while significantly boosting mid game. All for the sake of being allowed to use any set you want, less work to add on the 4th set bonus for every class, etc. adjusting the pos set could be a better alternative instead of adding a 4th bonus on every set.

Edited by Agitodesu, 28 September 2015 - 07:28 AM.

#30 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

Can someone explain what their opinions are?

#31 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

What is your opinion, as a converted pve player, will you start to pvp again if you had a stronger foundation to build resists on? Or does this deter you from pvp still?

#32 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

Along with the pos set, the fix for resistance should apply to the rare elga set too.

#33 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Id put the effect on non im backpack since backpacks are major contributer to defense through all levels youd lose a significant amount of Defense by not upgrading appropriately to the said bsq you plan to participate in along with the im belt mentioned. All due to the fact that resistance scales the same on all levels.

Along with the pos set, the fix for resistance should apply to the rare elga set too.

rare elga could actually use that boost since it actually lacking in the resistance considering its difficulty to get in comparison to the POS set.

Edited by Apocryphos, 28 September 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#34 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Oops hide this

Edited by Agitodesu, 28 September 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#35 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

Id put the effect on non im backpack since backpacks are major contributer to defense through all levels youd lose a significant amount of Defense by not upgrading appropriately to the said bsq you plan to participate in along with the im belt mentioned. All due to the fact that resistance scales the same on all levels.

This is understood. I simply wanted to avoid disrupting major builds and set ups with this idea, IM builds included. People prefer Hermes back/ or the now new Purple Wizard back or +20 Vit wing.

**You meant regular backs. Ok got it.

Edited by sean718, 28 September 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#36 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

Adjusting POS set and going for IM belt would be an option, I could agree on that. I think this is a good route to go.

PVE player are good to go aswell, no negative impact.

Actually maybe this does boost the current PVP player amount........

However, I don't get the thing with the normal backpacks (and the belt too???)?

Could somebody explain this to me please?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 28 September 2015 - 08:57 AM.

#37 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

The back is more complex you shouldn't think about it too much. Having an Im belt wearable by 2 race is much more simple than making a backpack with the same effect. You would have to make that effect on every back at and above 40. Or 2 belts. What's easier?

The reason why apocryphos said back was probably to encourage enchanting backpacks. With all the resistance you will take a lot of damage normally if you do not enchant gear. Relying purely on this resist bonus is not smart. You will without doubt have to enchant gear and stack some hp to be all around.

I'm relying on the belts in general because it's easier and convenient. I assume most people know how to enchant of they plan on being a bsq character in some amount of time or less.

Edited by Agitodesu, 28 September 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#38 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Adjusting POS set and going for IM belt would be an option, I could agree on that. I think this is a good route to go.

PVE player are good to go aswell, no negative impact.

Actually maybe this does boost the current PVP player amount........

However, I don't get the thing with the normal backpacks (and the belt too???)?

Could somebody explain this to me please?

It will definitely boost the player amount. I've seen BSQ's go from 15v15 to 15vs7 because of the elemental difference. 

As for the normal backpack (equipable armor, not IM) suggestion I don't think it would work since it would mess with player builds. Dev's would have to add a singular set effect (similar to dark giant helm) to make it work, then there are the various different levels of the backpack... There is no 'control' for that idea, unlike a singular item like an IM belt or accessory set that any class and any level can wear.

I'm kind of confused too. I think Apocryphos means to suggest a regular backpack and an IM belt set effect if worn together? 

#39 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

About belt with backpack Separate effects the belt is % the backpack gives a flat resist in a bulk amount which differs depending on the level requirement of the backpack. Was the original idea.

Feel free to shoot this suggestion down.
What if you added flat resist to the buff called roar of victory.

Edited by Apocryphos, 28 September 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#40 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

I state again for the record that I think this is yet another topic suggesting convoluted quickfixes that will just muddy the water when it comes to solving the game's deeper issues. I believe this game has a long-term future and piecemeal fixes now will just mean more work later on. Let the development takeover be completed and then rework the elements system from the bottom up. You've waited this long - you can wait a little bit longer.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but it's the way I see things. :)

#41 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

I state again for the record that I think this is yet another topic suggesting convoluted quickfixes that will just muddy the water when it comes to solving the game's deeper issues. I believe this game has a long-term future and piecemeal fixes now will just mean more work later on. Let the development takeover be completed and then rework the elements system from the bottom up. You've waited this long - you can wait a little bit longer.

Can it really be called a quickfix? Then let's assume all of the positive things that have been done such as preventing Spirit Counter in BSQ/EW, that can be considered a quick fix but it literally took 4+ years for it to be addressed, and it has so far worked out quite well.

What you're saying isn't harsh in the least, it's actually quite true, however, there is a massive gap currently occurring in competitive PvP branches and it isn't good. New players are being invited to play the game, but then there's the PvP aspect that's been sort of left untouched and it turns people away from PvP entirely since it is lacking attention, especially on such an issue as elements in lower level BSQ.

Further more, the idea to put four elements resistance on an item as a bonus isn't something far-fetched. It already exists within the game with the rare elga sets and POS sets. I'm simply suggesting that four elements resistance that is available for 75+ should also be available for other levels.

Is my idea a convoluted or a diluted idea of a proper fix? Maybe. Is it entirely useless? I don't think so.

Edited by sean718, 28 September 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#42 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

I think fixing what a part of a community wants is what they should at least think over about. Why not just leave the game alone for how many more months or years to come until handover completes. In my opinion which many might disagree on is that making a community happy by a small amount at a time is better than leaving it unattended for however long until a massive change where many may or may not be discouraged. And most of us that still play see a future otherwise we wouldn't be playing to its demise.

#43 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

I've waited 2 years for a dragoon def rate fix, and almost 3 years for an elemental fix, No progress. The process is slow but the dev team is starting to form already we have a grasp on what they can and cannot do, and item stat manipulation should be one of them.

Fixes can be reverted, item's can be reworked. If you want a non convoluted fix then a simply add 20k resist to the list of buffs Roar of Victory gives and element's reduced to nothing in PvP.

The dev team although in most games they decide what's balanced and what's not,and by judging from active developers are (non existent),I believe it's the job of those who excel in pvp, both with and without gear, to provide possible fixes for the dire situation in dragonsaga unbalanced gameplay, so they can be forwarded to the new developer team, for consideration.

In other words our dev team isn't as knowledgeable to pvp as the actual player's themselves. It may look like nepotism from the beginners point of view, but the top player's are taking consideration of the lower learning curve of community's individual.

Ontopic: This might be farfetched but would the dev team be able to change the reduction ratio of resistance to scale with one's level?

Edited by Apocryphos, 28 September 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#44 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

Going throw out a point some people either don't know or forget.  That all your damage is converted to elemental damage once you start using elements, the more ways we add to stacking up resistance the more people down the line will complain about not being able to kill anyone. a full 10* attack set vs a full 10* def set results in the attacker dealing 1dmg regardless of the opponents def( just like what we had before elements came along people with low CR/CD had a difficult time killing High Def/PDD classes, but we have many many skills in the game that can lower your opponents Def/M.Def). Just keep this in mind when you brainstorm about anything element related.

Edited by StormHaven, 28 September 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#45 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

Going throw out a point some people either don't know or forget.  That all your damage is converted to elemental damage once you start using elements, the more ways we add to stacking up resistance the more people down the line will complain about not being able to kill anyone. a full 10* attack set vs a full 10* def set results in the attacker dealing 1dmg regardless of the opponents def( just like what we had before elements came along people with low CR/CD had a difficult time killing High Def/PDD classes, but we have many many skills in the game that can lower your opponents Def/M.Def). Just keep this in mind when you brainstorm about anything element related.

If you're using a non elemental weapon it doesn't convert all your damage to element, it only seems that way because of resistance is able to break the cap on reduction to start absorbing damage,

#46 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

If you're using a non elemental weapon it doesn't convert all your damage to element, it only seems that way because of resistance is able to break the cap on reduction to start absorbing damage,

True enough, but end result is still the same if they have full +20 gear and PDD on top of the element sockets which is possible.

#47 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Ok, i don't get what your points are because nobody explained.

My point is making element resistance in 4th piece effect in every lv40+ set. I know it's complicated, stat has to be adjusted but at least players can mix with other items. sean718 said it's a havoc because someone already equip 2-2-2 set or 3-3 set. However, that case always happens! Just like Blue Messenger set : I changed the whole set because of hat, head and bottom.

The IM Belt not only gives advantage to newbies but the pros also. It does not seem working. It would be come like a "must" for pvp players. Lovely belts are not a bad choice to mix other set item. I am using as well.

#48 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

You know we have been talking about the belt giving the effect. Your're pretty far behind in the forum go read the couple posts before yours. A lot of people would disagree with the 4 set piece rather than the belt.

Edited by Agitodesu, 28 September 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#49 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

@soulsight , have you taken your med lately?

#50 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

I said i was far behind already. Nobody explained what was going on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users