Suggestion: Element resistance item - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Suggestion: Element resistance item

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#51 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

True enough, but end result is still the same if they have full +20 gear and PDD on top of the element sockets which is possible.

The rate at which the damage starts to become absorbed is ridiculously low and requires extremely high resistance, one that multiple 4 element 6* resistance cards barely even reaches with the POS bonuses. It can be achieved for singles and duals much easier, but still, not at the rate that it will completely negate p/mattk damage. 

30k resistance could completely negate element damage related to that resistance (unless of course the element attack involved is very high), but if say it's a summoner, depending on the +20 weapon involved, they will still be smacking you for a solid 700-900+ damage even if you had 30k+ resistance against all elements and 30k+MDEF. That's just from solid m/attk damage and not counting critical damage either. 

I don't know who came up with the bonuses that the POS started off with, but it actually remains very true to the fact that it would extremely hard to achieve 30k+ resistance on all four elements while still trying to be able to reduce m/pattk damage. Sorcerers can negate a lot of pattk damage, and some mattk, but it will never be enough at end game to reduce damage to 0, especially when end game POS and elga weapons are involved. 

I was worried about the relationship of an IM item/set with four elements and POS, but a reduction in POS stats to compromise on an IM belt/accessory all players and classes can wear for various BSQ levels seems to be the most logical reasoning, unless anyone has any better ideas.

Edited by sean718, 28 September 2015 - 04:12 PM.

#52 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

Now for the question no one mentioned yet, How would players obtain the set of said equips?

1. It should not be an event, otherwise it would be unobtainable later on.
  2. It could be an item mall item
  3. It could be done by a simple quest
  4. and so on and so forth

Edited by Agitodesu, 28 September 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#53 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

ehh... i guess i just stop following the topic since i can't figure what you are saying about...~ I really don't know how the system works.

#54 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

Now for the question no one mentioned yet, How would players obtain the set of said equips?

1. It should not be an event, otherwise it would be unobtainable later on.
  2. It could be an item mall item
  3. It could be done by a simple quest
  4. and so on and so forth

That's honestly up to the dev team. Since it involves four elements it would only make sense to have element related items to be acquired in exchange for it or have a quest done involving elements. 

#55 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

That's honestly up to the dev team. Since it involves four elements it would only make sense to have element related items to be acquired in exchange for it or have a quest done involving elements. 

But it's still our chance to give opinions, not abuses. Making mistakes does not matter because they make mistakes too!

#56 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

But it's still our chance to give opinions, not abuses. Making mistakes does not matter because they make mistakes too!

Are you saying suggest something more exact? How about 400 advanced bless of each element for the item then? That requires some farming to achieve and it wouldn't be easy for anyone, but it would be worth it. Making it require legendary element bless isn't ideal since to even get legendary element bless requires a level 70 character and the whole point is to make it available for lower levels. 

#57 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

Another suggestion is the dev team can work on getting rid of the element effects in pvp/bsq/ew?  hahaha, we can dream right?

Which in turn could lead to a change in cdmg/cr/aim/eva/etc caps that are currently in place~~

Edited by flubsy, 28 September 2015 - 05:49 PM.

#58 ivey558

ivey558

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

[...]

This also will decrease the price of socket which will give more opportunities to buy a socket.

-> Everyone will have good socket to use.

Why don't we just give free hand-outs to everyone then? Why not just let all the lazy people in the world leech off of successful folks?

Hard work alone shouldn't guarantee reward. It's just how it works. You need a bit of luck. I am sure if you put enough work into it, you will get your 6* cards just like the rest of the community that has it.

I skimmed through this topic and here's my thoughts.

Doing so would indeed balance out lower level BSQs by a slight bit. However, if you think about it, it would be the same as going back to square one. 

Theoretically you are putting work to raise damage output, and then putting work to raise damage deduction. 

A much easier (in terms of logic, since I have no idea how the effects of elemental damage and resistance can be balanced) way to approach the overall concern of the elements would be to rework the RATIO of Element Attack : Element Resist. Simply put, if Attack : Resist is currently 1: 11, wouldn't it be easier to just make it 1:6 (or any other value below 11, after testing).

Some of you may ask, how would this balance out lower level BSQs? Well, there are resist cards for any level range starting from level 1. You can just socket them into your armors. 

If reworking the ratio is out of the question due to circumstances, then I agree with implementing IM belt with resistance and reducing the resistance value of POS. I am against implementing element resist on every armor set. 

#59 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:55 AM

Those are not lazy people at all. They found it meaningless. Ever you though of a naive lv40 newbie going to element dungeon. No matter they succeed or fail, they still find F7 more enjoyable. They go F7 until 70 to get zauharant quickly and go gfarm. Because of that, they tend to lose interest in element dungeon.

Until they are bored of pve or have POS set, they just start thinking about element for pvp.

Everything is failed from the beginning!

I do not know if you are hard working by solo-ing or multiclenting or having 4 people in party blah blah blah. But because the level of the mobs are based on level of party leader. Most people make a level 40 character as party leader to run easily.

Why is it so complicated?

A much easier (in terms of logic, since I have no idea how the effects of elemental damage and resistance can be balanced) way to approach the overall concern of the elements would be to rework the RATIO of Element Attack : Element Resist. Simply put, if Attack : Resist is currently 1: 11, wouldn't it be easier to just make it 1:6 (or any other value below 11, after testing).

I agree with this

Edited by SoulSight, 29 September 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#60 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:33 AM

Those are not lazy people at all. They found it meaningless. Ever you though of a naive lv40 newbie going to element dungeon. No matter they succeed or fail, they still find F7 more enjoyable. They go F7 until 70 to get zauharant quickly and go gfarm. Because of that, they tend to lose interest in element dungeon.

Until they are bored of pve or have POS set, they just start thinking about element for pvp.

Everything is failed from the beginning!

I do not know if you are hard working by solo-ing or multiclenting or having 4 people in party blah blah blah. But because the level of the mobs are based on level of party leader. Most people make a level 40 character as party leader to run easily.

Why is it so complicated?

I agree with this

I understand this is a public forum but please leave critiques and discussions to people who actually pvp and actually understand what people are talking about in this topic. It's like you're posting for the sake of increasing your forum post count. The reason they found it meaningless is because they are lazier than the other players who spend at least a few hours a day farming their cards. They feel it's meaningless because they're spending all this effort to farm and they still can't compete with top players that's definitely a sign of laziness. Different players have different objectives they want to achieve in the game if they want to f7 or gold farm it's up to them. There are still a good number of people who want to pvp and bsq without easily getting one shotted. Introducing this belt is a small step in balancing element damage and resistance out for new and late game players alike. 

Also whether people multiclient or use lvl 40s to farm think about how long it takes and how many runs they need before they can actually get these cards. You only get 8 stones a day per character not to mention you need plenty of level 40s to gather these stones. Some people care about elements to compete it's pretty much the only real end game aspect of the game that actually really requires top players to pve rather than spend cash otherwise they would pay farmers cash for the cards. 

Long story short if all you do is afk and pve, leave this discussion for ppl who actually pvp otherwise voice an opinion or critique with real depth on how it affects the pvp aspect of the game not the pve aspect. 

#61 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationGermany (Hamburg)
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:01 AM

Element resistance for lower Lv sets? IM Belt for element resistance?

I hope those things never come... (<- no I don't have a BSQ character or something like that if you assume that's what I think like this)

In my opinion just lower the element damage of the Lv. 40 weapons and it's done. Especially in lower Lvs the ~ 500 elemental damage of the Lv 40 weapon is just too much, without that amount there wouldn't be such a problem, except that most people only aim for 6* ATK cards but got no resistance so everybody dies in no time. But that isn't the fault of the system.

Another problem is the element accesory for low lv since it adds too much elemental damage compared to the hp you got on this lv.

The main problem isn't the element system, it's the ATK Speed / x-Spammer classes whereby the element system gets imbalanced. With a debuff for x-spam like the one the invoker got once, the element system wouldn't be such a troublemaker.

#62 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

I understand this is a public forum but please leave critiques and discussions to people who actually pvp and actually understand what people are talking about in this topic. It's like you're posting for the sake of increasing your forum post count. The reason they found it meaningless is because they are lazier than the other players who spend at least a few hours a day farming their cards. They feel it's meaningless because they're spending all this effort to farm and they still can't compete with top players that's definitely a sign of laziness. Different players have different objectives they want to achieve in the game if they want to f7 or gold farm it's up to them. There are still a good number of people who want to pvp and bsq without easily getting one shotted. Introducing this belt is a small step in balancing element damage and resistance out for new and late game players alike.

Also whether people multiclient or use lvl 40s to farm think about how long it takes and how many runs they need before they can actually get these cards. You only get 8 stones a day per character not to mention you need plenty of level 40s to gather these stones. Some people care about elements to compete it's pretty much the only real end game aspect of the game that actually really requires top players to pve rather than spend cash otherwise they would pay farmers cash for the cards.

Long story short if all you do is afk and pve, leave this discussion for ppl who actually pvp otherwise voice an opinion or critique with real depth on how it affects the pvp aspect of the game not the pve aspect.

I'm sorry that I don't use nice language or going far away from topic.
How can you state they are lazy when they find gfarm more productive. The thought was set when they were at level 40. They lost interest. There is no competition here. They play pve and it does not mean they won't tend to play pvp.
8 stones per day per character does not mean they cannot make another character. Before underlevel protection, leveling to 40 is easy by boosting Pegasus.
As Popcorn said, the belt is impossible already.

#63 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

We are also not against a belt, but what is about the players having the PoS set equipped? They could stack additional element resistance this way, because - as I said - the client does now allow equip items with a max level limit.
Do you think that the player Lvl. 81+ all have PoS set equipped, or do you think creating a belt would have no impact on high level PvP (81+)?

I'm sure they are not against it, and the players here came with a suggestion to balance the 81 set to a certain degree. Not possible? I think not.

#64 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Why must it be a belt?

#65 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

Because it is convenient. Putting resists on every set as a 4th bonus is outrageous in amount of work. Everyone can get a belt and it could be used at best by all class and race, so you only need this. It maybe only for pure pvp, but it could help starting players from dying in 1-2 hits in pvp or bsq to a certain degree. And the belt is a good idea because that Im slot does not have very useful equips. Compared to God set/skill boosting accessories/and so on

#66 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

Because (personally) I'm using golden lovely belt, it gives hp! Hp is important in pvp too...any ideas?

#67 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:30 AM

Why don't we just give free hand-outs to everyone then? Why not just let all the lazy people in the world leech off of successful folks?

Hard work alone shouldn't guarantee reward. It's just how it works. You need a bit of luck. I am sure if you put enough work into it, you will get your 6* cards just like the rest of the community that has it.

I skimmed through this topic and here's my thoughts.

Doing so would indeed balance out lower level BSQs by a slight bit. However, if you think about it, it would be the same as going back to square one. 

Theoretically you are putting work to raise damage output, and then putting work to raise damage deduction. 

Some of you may ask, how would this balance out lower level BSQs? Well, there are resist cards for any level range starting from level 1. You can just socket them into your armors. 

If reworking the ratio is out of the question due to circumstances, then I agree with implementing IM belt with resistance and reducing the resistance value of POS. I am against implementing element resist on every armor set. 

Reworking the element attack vs resistance relation might be something that is out of the dev's hands for now. Need confirmation on it though. I do agree that a certain degree of player contribution needs to be met in order to achieve their items, so I suggest a heavy requirement that lvl 40+ can do in order to receive the item. 

Element resistance for lower Lv sets? IM Belt for element resistance?

I hope those things never come... (<- no I don't have a BSQ character or something like that if you assume that's what I think like this)

In my opinion just lower the element damage of the Lv. 40 weapons and it's done. Especially in lower Lvs the ~ 500 elemental damage of the Lv 40 weapon is just too much, without that amount there wouldn't be such a problem, except that most people only aim for 6* ATK cards but got no resistance so everybody dies in no time. But that isn't the fault of the system.

Another problem is the element accesory for low lv since it adds too much elemental damage compared to the hp you got on this lv.

The main problem isn't the element system, it's the ATK Speed / x-Spammer classes whereby the element system gets imbalanced. With a debuff for x-spam like the one the invoker got once, the element system wouldn't be such a troublemaker.

Wyverns, shootdowns, any skill buffed with element damage isn't an issue? It definitely is. X spammers DPS has shown to become greatly reduced when faced with resistance cards (non 6* even) and POS armor buffs in 81 BSQ. i do believe that x spammers have an advantage, but I also believe that in order to do their dps (let's imagine that their element damage is greatly reduced because of their opponents x spam) that they have to basically be immobile while they do it. This leaves them open to other classes with instant cast skills to disrupt them. This is how it basically works right now in 81+ BSQ.

As for the, no one farms 6* resistance part of your post, well, what would you rather farm or buy? Resistance barely has any effect at non POS levels, while 6* attacks have a much greater effect. It's natural that people wouldn't focus on it, the benefits do not outweigh the cons. 

Edited by sean718, 29 September 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#68 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

Soulsight,
I do not know now if you are being very sarcastic, or being incredibibly non efficient. You do not pvp, so use your golden belt. If you pvp use your belt. But the majority will probably use the pvp belt if it does happen. The hp gain on your belt compared to this one to help newer players are little to insignificant. I will stop replying to your comments unless they are meaningful and thought out at least sorry.
Then again my main is a lvl 6 magician I should probably play the game more than being on here.

Edited by Agitodesu, 29 September 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#69 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:39 AM

I do not know now if you are being very sarcastic, or being incredibibly non efficient. You do not pvp, so use your golden belt. If you pvp use your belt. But the majority will probably use the pvp belt if it does happen. The hp gain on your belt compared to this one to help newer players are little to insignificant. I will stop replying to your comments unless they are meaningful and thought out at least sorry.
Then again my main is a lvl 6 magician I should probably play the game more than being on here.

Hello! I do pvp and you don't know about it. Even you don't see me use it, find other pvp players...I'm guaranteed they do use it. HP is basically important in pvp. If hp were not, there would be no point that hp socket or health socket so expensive.

#70 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

I can confirm that using a lovely gold belt increase my survivability against a X spammer by 0,0003 seconds.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 29 September 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#71 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Another thing to think about is, do new players want to bsq? My opinion is the well stacked is able to put new players stare at a death timer. So many players that have a higher level account to farm and make gold more than a fresh player have the biggest advantage. I am not saying the well stacked should not deserve what they stacked for, but the fact that it could deter new people from even pvping could be a problem.

As for the fact of fixing the elemental equation involving quantum physics or something, it can not be done so easily like the ideas players put out. If the devs can fix ratio over the belt, indubitably many players would agree.
But right now it isn't possible otherwise it wouldn't have been done.
The community can help make aspects of the game better until everything is possible.
We can fix problems even if it will slow the future process, no matter what the game will improve over time.

Edited by Agitodesu, 29 September 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#72 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

I can confirm that using a lovely gold belt increase my survivability against a X spammer by 0,0003 seconds.

Made my day! XD

Because (personally) I'm using golden lovely belt, it gives hp! Hp is important in pvp too...any ideas?

Wow, 400HP if I'm correct? If those HP are so important to you we could suggest an IM element resistance belt with 4 element resistance AND +500HP. How does that sound? Great?! I know. Problem solved for you. Thank me later.

#73 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:27 AM

Thank you.

#74 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:48 AM

Wow, 400HP if I'm correct? If those HP are so important to you we could suggest an IM element resistance belt with 4 element resistance AND +500HP. How does that sound? Great?! I know. Problem solved for you. Thank me later.

I just thought about using those bless that are used to extract your element cards.
Why not exchange them + a new origins belt (or whatever you'll like) for that element belt ? :o

#75 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

I just thought about using those bless that are used to extract your element cards.
Why not exchange them + a new origins belt (or whatever you'll like) for that element belt ? :o

sounds like a good idea. So you need to get those New Origin boxes and some luck with the belt or buy them. farming a bit so you won't get them out of nowhere. My comment wasn't meant to you btw it was for someone else^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users