Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all! - Page 5 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#101 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

TaeNiMiku,

Thank you for noticing that. I'll have the descriptions looked at closely and corrected.

Feuer,
The requirement arrows will be fixed for Overhead Trounce and Sword Force.

(PvM)/Champion Strike issue where the killing blow not providing health, will be looked in to, thank you. :)

Battle Howl/Cry/Scream, were supposed to be set as single target skills (The bug was that they were self targeting still, will be fixed in next patch.)

Being single target skills, they have a 10% + 2%(influenceable) effect, for 15 seconds.
So you have the opportunity to exceed what the Combat versions can do, as well as it lasts longer.

The Combat Howl/Scream/Shout, are a flat 15%, with an AoE range of 10m, for 6/7/8/9/10 seconds.
The PvM versions of the Combat tier skills, adds 100% Skill Power.

The difference should be apparent now that one is a single target, while the 2nd class version is an AoE.

MonnaLise,
You are correct. (PVP) Geon Archangel Crumpler has been given a 5% influencial effect for Dodge Down.

As for Freezing Assault, it has 20% + 5%, which the 5% can be increased by build to something pretty powerful. The ease of the skill's effect is what was targeted prior, so now you have to invest to getting it back to a powerful effect again.

As for the timer issue, that's a local machine time zone issue we're aware of but doesn't harm your ability to use the skill if it is still in your menu. It's just a time indicator bug.

#102 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

Normal version of Geon AC has 20% higher effect than the IM Unique Skill worth 500 IM pts ? Whats the point of  Paying and getting lesser benefit than those who dont pay the IM skill? I dont think thats reasonable.

And about the Junon Cartel, at first i thought it would have a staging area to have a chance to group with certain people, to have a chance to buff. I dont think its good to bring stats buffers inside the war zone since they are ungeared. I know you can go inside as a group but buffers will be vulnerable to attacks (and the player itself) to the people who are inside the JC already. You wont have a chance to buff then.

Suggestion: Before entering Junon Cartel, you will be teleported to a staging area, wherein you can group/party inside or enter as  group/clan/party. Then you can choose who to group with and make it as a buffing area [safe zone]. Of course it will have the same mechanics with the staging area in actual GA where you can only use class buffs/PVP pots. You can leave then you buffers here. There will be an NPC where you can choose to enter Junon Cartel or get back to town. Upon choosing to enter junon cartel, you will spawn randomly inside like as you enter TG.

Now the 2 NPCs in the middle, one of it can be used to get back to town or get back to staging area to have a rebuff.

I would also like to see NPCs near spawn areas [south and north] to have also NPCs where you can get back to staging area. This would help non-cloakers to get back to staging area safely without getting killed.

#103 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

Does anyone else think there should be Goulash allowed in Junon Cartel? Without goulash classes with high dps will dominate over classes with lower dps.

For example a Gun bourg would kill a scout 1 on 1 everyone time without goulash as red potions are not enough to compensate for the damage.

Just went on Pegasus and saw this just my opinion :)

#104 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:52 AM

Does anyone else think there should be Goulash allowed in Junon Cartel? Without goulash classes with high dps will dominate over classes with lower dps.

For example a Gun bourg would kill a scout 1 on 1 everyone time without goulash as red potions are not enough to compensate for the damage.

Maybe you should go in there and ask your friends to pvp with you to see how it "feels" 1st. It might not be needed due to changes to the buff system values

#105 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:47 AM

I don't agree, it should be kept as a practice ground for GA modes, period. 

Also, whens the next update to pegasus scheduled? 

Edited by Feuer, 20 October 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#106 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Maybe you should go in there and ask your friends to pvp with you to see how it "feels" 1st. It might not be needed due to changes to the buff system values

Have done and personally I don't like it, I found a lot of the pvps were "first stun wins" with no chance of recovery. Along with the current stun lock and critical lock problem this is a problem that I find quite annoying.

I don't agree, it should be kept as a practice ground for GA modes, period. 

Also, whens the next update to pegasus scheduled?

Why not add goulash to game arena? It use to be like that in union wars and it was a lot more fun, personally id love to see this happrn. Maybe apply it and see if it's better or worse? Needs to be tested if you ask me :)

#107 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

You're right, we did used to have it. and guess what, it was removed for a reason. 

#108 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

You're right, we did used to have it. and guess what, it was removed for a reason.

That reason was set for those game mechanics, there has been a lot of major updates since this has happend. We have had the skill update, buffset nerf, stat buffers implemented. The dps output by all classes is a lot higher now than then and that's why the goulash is important, how are classes with little dodge/defence suppose to survive a Mage or gun bourg hitting 6-8k per second on them? (With a two second stun) this could be up to 16k damage by the time they can move. If you play a scout like me and use glorious to war then that's almost all my hp gone and with only one stun it's hard to get the upper hand. Ever tried to break through a mages mana shield with an unbuffed scout? I suggest you try it.

I would like to test this with the new mechanics implemented, it works well in training ground but that arena is already cursed with the plague of boosters.

Edited by FizzMo, 21 October 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#109 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

Yes, there has been a lot of changes, all of which centered around playing without food. You have a thread dedicated to booster sigils etc in TG, and how they ruin the experience there, ever stop to think part of the problem is that food recovery is allowed there? 

Also, thematically speaking. Does it really make sense that youd be able to focus enough to eat goulash [which is a type of soup btw] or a cheeseburger mid fight? It doesn't make any sense. Now, IF they made it to where you can use those items when you're not in combat, I'd be down for trying that. As it would make it so if [as a scout] you need to duck out of combat and recovery some HP with food for a quick moment, then engage your enemy with their strong CC's on cooldown. That might give that small swing you're so desperate to have without breaking the rest of it for the other classes. 

Food as it stands as a static amount recovered makes it incredibly strong for low HP classes and weak for high HP classes like Knights and Champions. And the last thing I care to see to be honest, is Raiders getting even MORE power potential. They already take up 30-60% of the qeued classes, that's not just because of popularity. 

#110 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

From what I've tested it needs goulash, if not then it should at least be tested. There's no harm in testing. Without goulash high dps classes will rape the lower dps classes, for scout it's 100% tactics, even if we get the slip on a gun bourg with our stealth and deal high damage before they can attack back the gun bourg always emerges victorious every time.

With goulash this can make escape possible and it can also make a chance for the scout to win even tho the chance is slim. (This is just an example)

As a player who mains scout I compare my class to others in the way of balancing, have you ever tried to fight a knight on a scout? Impossible to win.

Same as Mage vs scout (unbuffed) it's too hard to break that mana shield.

Goulash provides a better chance for these classes as we are already on average 16-17k max hp (buffed) that's on glorious. But for wars glorious is a must because otherwise we lack the mspd + dodge to survive.

#111 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:03 AM

Test it in TG then. They're not deleting it. You either get GA rules, or you get Free for all. you want anything more precise than those two, set it up yourself in a fair fight. It'd be a lot easier if all you TG hoodlums didn't get at each others throats every chance you got. 

#112 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

Test it in TG then. They're not deleting it. You either get GA rules, or you get Free for all. you want anything more precise than those two, set it up yourself in a fair fight. It'd be a lot easier if all you TG hoodlums didn't get at each others throats every chance you got. 

Nobody is interested in fair fights Feuer, that's the problem. I have tested it in training ground and i'll be honest it's so much better than Junon cartel, The only problem with Training grounds is the boosters. Therefore the only problem I have with Junon cartel is the lack of goulash.

After testing it all with red pots only I have decided that it just won't be fair, high dps classes demolish, Goulash is a must, as any real player Feuer any real Veteran player that is half decent at war how important goulash is. Asking newbies isn't working because they don't know how to use it properly, I was speaking with Imatt earlier today and he agreed with me upon this for multiple reasons that I have already provided.

Junon Cartel needs goulash! Just because you personally don't want it Feuer doesn't mean it should be outruled.

#113 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

That's because truly fair fights don't actually exist. But you can spar in good nature with respect. 

What did you test in JC? 

Who did you test with?

What style of build did you use?

What style of build did they use?

What gear did you use?

What gear did they use?

What tactic did you employ?

How did they respond?

Where's the statistical results of your testing?

Unless you post something that answers those specifications, I can't take anything you say seriously. 

#114 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

Seems to me, YOU (Feurer) don't want goulash in the Junon cartel at this point.

#115 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

then define a fair fight. Do that for me please

#116 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

ROSE Definition of Fair fight: Hawker always wins. 

#117 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:47 PM

Please make sure to stay on topic. This is not a discussion thread, as stated in the original post. This thread is for providing feedback on the current changes made in Pegasus. Thank you.

#118 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

Still no update to pegasus yet? 

#119 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

Working on them now, had some set backs this past week that prevented direct attention, but we're back on it now. :)

#120 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

That's because truly fair fights don't actually exist. But you can spar in good nature with respect. 

What did you test in JC? 

Who did you test with?

What style of build did you use?

What style of build did they use?

What gear did you use?

What gear did they use?

What tactic did you employ?

How did they respond?

Where's the statistical results of your testing?

Unless you post something that answers those specifications, I can't take anything you say seriously. 

What did you test in JC? - The balance between classes, I tested Gun bourg to scout (war style and pvp) As soon as the scout is stunned it's pretty much game over in both scenarios, the scout can sometimes escape if the bourgs stun fails.

Who did you test with? My friend Zach, he has a bourg, scout and I allowed him to use a couple of my character to test with.

What style of build did you use? multiple ones, I used a full pvp build, full dodge/def, full ap,crit, full accu,ap none of these could compete with the DPS output with only red potions.

What style of build did they use? With his bourg, he didn't change build once. This character isn't even fully geared.

What gear did you use? Glorious, Chiva, many many different accessory sets. Including full dodge/def and max hp to see if I could out heal their damage, nope.

What gear did they use? Only Chiva with accuracy set.

What tactic did you employ? Every one, as soon as I was out of cloak stunned I was dead, this was because red potion only couldn't keep me alive long enough to get away from that dps.

How did they respond? The same as me, Snuwfly also agrees that there should be goulash in Junon Cartel.

Out of all the things we tested, we noticed scout 1v1s are ALL first stun wins, Gun bourg wrecks everyone. Classes like bow scouts have no chance against anyone with high dps or defense like mages, knights, gun bourgs.

We also noticed if you get stunned by anyone and two people or more attack you the chances of survival are very low, with goulash you can use your tactics more efficiently and more skill is taken into account to kite around these obstacles with goulash, (Not all players can do this as they aren't as practiced when it comes to using these foods).

:p_smile:  I want this to be tested, by the wider community too, with and without goulash.

#121 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

What style of build did you use? multiple ones, I used a full pvp build, full dodge/def, full ap,crit, full accu,ap none of these could compete with the DPS output with only red potions.

What were your stats [when you say full pvp build, what is it. full ap/crit what were your totals. etc]

What style of build did they use? With his bourg, he didn't change build once. This character isn't even fully geared.

What build was it using? Stats, and statistics?

What gear did you use? Glorious, Chiva, many many different accessory sets. Including full dodge/def and max hp to see if I could out heal their damage, nope.

What were your stats on those sets? Full dodge/def what were your totals. 

What gear did they use? Only Chiva with accuracy set.

And what was his stat totals on that set?

What tactic did you employ? Every one, as soon as I was out of cloak stunned I was dead, this was because red potion only couldn't keep me alive long enough to get away from that dps.

So, you just poofed in front of him? Instead of trying to catch him off guard? You didn't try any other tactics? Hit n Run, Traps, Summon + Camo etc?

How did they respond? The same as me, Snuwfly also agrees that there should be goulash in Junon Cartel.

I meant what tactic did they respond with, but since you only tested one style in your response, he pretty much just had to stand there shooting you.

Out of all the things we tested, we noticed scout 1v1s are ALL first stun wins, Gun bourg wrecks everyone. Classes like bow scouts have no chance against anyone with high dps or defense like mages, knights, gun bourgs.

-All of the same questions apply for each individual test you did-

We also noticed if you get stunned by anyone and two people or more attack you the chances of survival are very low,

You expected it to be any less? Any class capable of taking 2 characters it disproportionately powered and should be fixed.

with goulash you can use your tactics more efficiently and more skill is taken into account to kite around these obstacles with goulash, (Not all players can do this as they aren't as practiced when it comes to using these foods).

There isn't any tactic employed with food, you simply renew it every 8-10 seconds to keep the HOT up. Tactic or skill in self healing comes form balancing HOT's, instant heal skills and DPS control. If you want more healing support tactics, food isn't the option. I would know, as DG'ing with an Axe Champ requires a very very high level of attention to my 2 CC's and Self Healing + 1 red potion.  

:p_smile:  I want this to be tested, by the wider community too, with and without goulash.

It sounds like you want healing support incorporated into classes more. Obviously classes need to be kept in check, which is what I'm doing here. It probly seems like I'm goating you along, but this seems to be the only way to teach you how to properly test and give feedback instead of just conjecture. It's annoying, tedious and time consuming, but welcome to the club. Testers do this all the time, which is why I reward them with lil special items when Leonis allows it. 

The interesting thing, is that every class you'd not yet tested seems to be the classes that have self healing support.

Dual Raiders have a good self healing skill with a modest CD.

Axe Champions have a good healing skill, but it's long cooldown requires the utmost attention to when it needs to be used.

1H Knights when built for skill usage have a great combination of Defense and Absorptive strike. 

And Mages when balanced with Mana Barrier and Restore can remain very stable, especially with Lightning + Dodge stats.

Seems all the complaints come from classes without any self heals, Scouts, Katar Raiders, Bourgeois and Artisans, Spear and Sword Champs etc. I bet 5 bucks if they got their own versions they'd have a lot less trouble. 

Edited by Feuer, 23 October 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#122 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

Pegasus Patch Notes v117
The patch is up, and Pegasus is online with the changes!

Combat Mechanic Update - Taunt

Taunt now works more in how we originally envisioned it to work.

• It now inflicts a status effect on your target, where while under this status, the affected target will be forced to target you (the caster) for the duration of the status.
    • Only your target will be locked on the caster, you may still freely move, but any attacking or offensive action will be forced to the taunt caster.
    • The last taunt, will overtake any previous cast effect, there is no "strength" to taunt, only last cast.
  • Additionally, while under this influence, in PvP Game Modes, all damage inflicted by a Taunted Target, will be tracked and counted towards your participation in the match.
  • Known issue: Taunt Effect shows as a stun while under its effect. We will update it with new noticeable and unique effect soon.

Monsters and Summon Critical Rating & Critical Defense Adoption

• To start, we are standardizing all player summons to adopt 75% of the summoner's Critical Rating, and Critical Defense, when summoned.
  • Monsters have been selectively updated with different rates of new Critical Rating, and Critical Defense throughout game play based on their level, monster type and class.

Axe Champion Skill - "Axe Fury"
(Previously Axe Mastery Attack Power)

• Axe Mastery Attack Power, has been replaced with "Axe Fury" (As suggested from player feedback)
  • On melee hit, player now has a 25%/30%/35%/40%/45% chance to gain 1 stack of Axe Fury.
  • Axe Fury increases Critical Damage by 12% and skill MP costs by 10% per stack, up to 5 stacks for 10 seconds.
  • Special note: Unlike some other proc effects of this nature, once Axe Fury reaches its maximum stack (5), it will not refresh its duration. It will count down until its effect is lost, and only then will it be able to proc again.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed skill tree requirement arrows for Two Hand Swords tree.
  • Updated Cannonier fix from Arua to Pegasus.
  • Updated Elemental Scroll icons to be better visible while stacked, and updated descriptions so they should be accurate to their effect against elements.

#123 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

1116.gif

and off I go to patch and test WEEE

Edit: we need skilll resets. Please. 

Edited by Feuer, 23 October 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#124 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

Feuer id like to invite you to come test this with me tonight so i can show you what I mean, constant comparison to our two point of views is getting us no where. I understand you have high dps classes therefore don't want goulash implemented but you have to think of everyone in the community not just yourself. Pm me tonight when I log into the game and we can go testing :)

#125 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

Hello, here are the things that I've observed:

- There are still some issues with the skill tree, specifically the 2nd job class.

Spoiler

- The Axe Fury effect reduces MP Cost of skills rather than increasing them.

Spoiler

Now I don't know if this is intentional or not but,

- The Taunt effect does not work if the caster is the one already targeted by the attacker.

Spoiler

Thanks! There may be some things I didn't try, but it's better off being done by the dedicated testers, haha

As a side note, thanks for the fix of the element table! Things are now consistent, though it kinda feels weird that armor with the Holy element has no weakness.

tableelement_by_fatwave-d9e69s5.png

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 24 October 2015 - 12:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users