Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all! - Page 9 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Improving Rose - Pegasus is open for all!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#201 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:35 PM

Latest review from V120

Bugs: 

The new HP + MP updating smoothness is great, but for some reason the Group Bars don't always sync up or update with the actual values. An example would be my friends Knight saw me and her Cleric at full HP, but in reality I was closer to 70% and her Cleric about 85%.

Pc4Hjze.jpg

Seems like the HP bars are synching with the least HP, this one is bugging me out

#202 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

No plans Feuer, it really is intended to be a long term goal to work towards and I didn't want to include any direct Item Mall influences with it, to keep it more about the competition of PvP, and effort of a player otherwise.

I love the idea that it demands gameplay to enable the gem to become higher etc, not sure how much you will charge for the runes when it comes to the live server??

1 honor for each one? and will they be tradeable / vendable? or will you be able to trade the gems? im kind of hoping no for all of this... so its your own gameplay needed to benefit on that character.

Although at the minute with just the 1 stat combo - as people mentioned it doesnt seem appealing to waste all that amount of points for it - however a list of other stat combo's could be interesting, and enhance in good ways, would you care to discuss any different combos that you have in mind? 

I mean I dont want the combos to be SO overpowering, and just be crazy, but some nice infuencial stat combos would be nice - some of which are not available right now

#203 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

The Paragon Gems will be character locked, as they are intended to be personal growth items.

Once a Paragon Gem is placed in to a piece of equipment, the equipment will adopt the Paragon Gem's trade restrictions, and also be character locked. If de-socketed, the equipment will return to its previous restriction settings.

As for the original cost, it will be comparable to the existing level 100 gems, offered in the shops, as they will begin their strength points at that level condition/requirement to use. Level requirements will not advance upon empowering.

We currently have 35 Gems, 30 of which have 3 stat combinations, 5 that have 4 combinations, that will unlock as they grow. How that will be displayed is being worked on, whether it's included to the description, until it reaches the tier it will be unlocked, or have the stats be shown as a "0" value, so you know what stats will be part of the gem as it reaches those tiers.

We have the concern of power creep as well, and doing what we can to minimize that from happening, but we did intend for these to be the next progression step in character build and advancement as we look towards extending the level cap, and making content more challenging than

#204 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:26 AM

The new HP + MP updating smoothness is great, but for some reason the Group Bars don't always sync up or update with the actual values. An example would be my friends Knight saw me and her Cleric at full HP, but in reality I was closer to 70% and her Cleric about 85%.

Seems like the HP bars are synching with the least HP, this one is bugging me out

Thanks for the reports, we'll get that fixed as soon as possible. Does it affect parties as well, or only groups?

#205 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for the reports, we'll get that fixed as soon as possible. Does it affect parties as well, or only groups?

It only affects groups with 3 or more members

#206 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:23 PM

Idk if its just me, but i noticed in Pegasus i had less flinching on my cleric when it is hitted/critted by a katar raider [on full stats buffs] . It feels like the a high percentage of pressure was taken off. My cleric can now tank against 2 katar in pega, as i can just stay there by my 4 salamanders, without the need of healing myself. Compared to live server i can barely breath on a katar[on cleric buff] while hitting me.

#207 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

Idk if its just me, but i noticed in Pegasus i had less flinching on my cleric when it is hitted/critted by a katar raider [on full stats buffs] . It feels like the a high percentage of pressure was taken off. My cleric can now tank against 2 katar in pega, as i can just stay there by my 4 salamanders, without the need of healing myself. Compared to live server i can barely breath on a katar[on cleric buff] while hitting me.

maybe due to the fact of the katar nerf? I'm not sure if that's in Pegasus or not yet, but that could be it.

#208 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:54 AM

i'm pretty sure it wasn't due to any nerf done to the class (cuz i'm pretty sure none were done)

Mostly i think it is due to the cleric buffs which are now percentage based instead of solid values, and the fact that now all stat buffs are a solid number of max, which is +15. 

Unless i missed something, there's nothing about the raider that has been nerfed besides, buffs, and skill cooldown and skill power (some of them)

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 05 November 2015 - 03:54 AM.

#209 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:44 AM

maybe due to the fact of the katar nerf? I'm not sure if that's in Pegasus or not yet, but that could be it.

hahahahahaha.

You're not even sure if a nerf exists, but you're damn sure gonna spread it around! xD 

#210 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:57 AM

The Paragon Gems will be character locked, as they are intended to be personal growth items.

Once a Paragon Gem is placed in to a piece of equipment, the equipment will adopt the Paragon Gem's trade restrictions, and also be character locked. If de-socketed, the equipment will return to its previous restriction settings.

As for the original cost, it will be comparable to the existing level 100 gems, offered in the shops, as they will begin their strength points at that level condition/requirement to use. Level requirements will not advance upon empowering.

We currently have 35 Gems, 30 of which have 3 stat combinations, 5 that have 4 combinations, that will unlock as they grow. How that will be displayed is being worked on, whether it's included to the description, until it reaches the tier it will be unlocked, or have the stats be shown as a "0" value, so you know what stats will be part of the gem as it reaches those tiers.

We have the concern of power creep as well, and doing what we can to minimize that from happening, but we did intend for these to be the next progression step in character build and advancement as we look towards extending the level cap, and making content more challenging than

all sounds good to me :)

the stat showing as 0 would be great until further upgrading to release the stat is complete, if this is more work i would suggest releasing a list of gems with their stat combos here on the forum and just have it show when its upgraded .

I hope some of these combos arent a waste and are including variations of stats which we dont currently have enjoyment of

#211 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

There's been no Katar nerf, so end that bad rumor right now.

Why you may feel less pressure on a Cleric when attacked by a Raider have a number of reasons.

• Buffs were changed to % rates.
    • This results in your build being enhanced, instead of your character's stats all being boosted.
  • Charm provides Critical Defense
    • A high Charm build, will naturally have an improved defense against critical attacks.
  • Attack Speed Bonuses were slightly reduced for a few skills.
    • Attacks per second slightly reduced.

So it is a bit of a combination all the above resulting in a situation that's more survivable against a Katar Raider, but they're still able to dish out the damage. The balances were to help level the field, as they were very strong in the solo play, to the point they were extremely difficult to defend against.

#212 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

Any updates to Pegasus in the near future? 

#213 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for asking.

I had prepared this yesterday, but didn't get around to hitting "Post" due to some other priority tasks.

What's next for Pegasus?

We're currently redesigning the way status effects work, which is going to allow some expansion on how current Damage of Time (DoT) effects, and through this, we will be able to introduce a true Heal over Time (HoT) effects, that will be able to scale through our current skill system's stat influential design. So, your stats can make the DoT or HoT values increase, as your build grows and changes.

So what does this all mean?

We will now be able to control DoT tick intervals, amounts, and duration interdependently of one another.

We're also working to set it up, so that DoT effects are unique based on skill, instead of effect.

Basically, the DoT damage from Poison Knife, will no longer be overridden by the Poison effect from Poison Arrow, allowing both DoT effects to do damage.

You can now die from DoT effects. You heard right, current design did not let you die from a DoT effect.

Because DoT effects will now be able to scale up with stat growth, we're adding defense reduction to their effect as well.

This also means, DoT effects can now critical hit, per tick.

To follow up with the new design we will be updating some of the Muse-Support/Cleric skills, with true HoT effects, which will also be able to critically hit, per tick as well. (Critical Defenses will not reduce the chance for a critical hit)

Paragon Gems are still being populated to the data tables, for the combinations, scaling and more accurate to game play intended use and empowering rates, to get more feedback on how they change game play.

I can give some sample Paragon Gem Combinations here.

We're still working on how to present them up front, so players can be aware of how they will progress as they are empowered.

Spoiler

So while the status design is being updated, I'm working on populating the Paragon Gem listing, how they progress, and how they are empowered.

It is being put to concept, that at certain tiers, materials will change, and obtaining those materials will require different methods to obtain them.

For example:

Paragon Gems that are offered from the Honor Shop, at a certain tier, will have a material that must be earned through completing a daily quest or PvP related task.

Considerations are whether or not to make it only be to unlock that tier, or to be required for every tier once reached. Feedback is welcomed, for your considerations to this aspect, it has not yet been decided since the gems are still being created and reviewed for balance.

To return to the aspect of the new status mechanics, we will look to add perhaps some additional skills, to help with player survive-ability, based on their play design, which offer additional means to get through combat. Implementing passives or items with equipment stats utilizing some of the newer stats we've been introducing, such as critical defense, HP/MP Recovery Effectiveness, and status effect resistances.

Some underused monster drop gear, with only 1 stat, may see upgrades with some additional stats, in addition to an effort to implementing some newer weapons that were created from a player, as additional unique drops from various monsters.

It's all quite exciting for us, but also very time consuming while we're also trying to prepare for our anniversary party for ROSE this year. :)

#214 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

About upgrading the Gems.

Here's what I propose.

Valor/PvM Sourced Gems

1-24 = unlocked by deefault

25-49 = unlocked for a one time fee of 5 ulverick medals

50-74 = unlocked for a one time fee of x2 'Mummified Remains' [new Halls of Oblivion unique drop from the kings] and x2 Shards of the Dawn [new SoD drop from Talratha] similar drop chances as ulverick medals in CoU

75-100 = unlocked for a one time fee of x5 'Forest Ash' [Rare drop in Sikuku Catacombs currently]

PvP Sourced Gems

1-24 = default

25-49 = unlocked via one time fee of x5 'marks of the valliant' [new item given by completing PvP GA Daily matches

50-74 = unlocked via one time fee of x2 'marks of the righteous' [new item similar to marks of the valliant, obtained by up-converting valliant marks.

75-100 = unlocked via a one time fee of x1 'sigil of the hero' [same as above but next tier] obtained by upconverting 'marks of the righteous'. 

Edited by Feuer, 09 November 2015 - 12:22 AM.

#215 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

Also, I had a question. Pretty simple one but I still forgot to ask anyway. What slots are going to accommodate Paragon gems? The test gem is jewelry only, will there be others? 

#216 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

Pegasus is back online.

#217 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

Why were all my posts about scouts passives deleted? <_<

#218 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Why were all my posts about scouts passives deleted? <_<

They were not deleted, they were moved to class discussions. I'd like to keep focus on what's being tested on Pegasus.

Things were starting to go off-scope to the mechanics we've been testing with too many skill and class ideas and its a rabbit hole I'd like to avoid going down at this juncture. What's been accepted already is enough, and until the next mechanics are put in place for testing, I'd like to not tangent on skill balances for skills that aren't being affected by what's being worked on.

Here's your discussion location, if you wish to continue it: Scouts getting their Wind/Fire/Ice arrows reworked

#219 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Oi, i asked questions too -.- 

#220 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

Also, I had a question. Pretty simple one but I still forgot to ask anyway. What slots are going to accommodate Paragon gems? The test gem is jewelry only, will there be others? 

Still being worked out, some gems can get pretty powerful when fully upgraded, so there's obviously the concern over that, however, there's more to consider as well since they will also be locked to a character once obtained. It's still just going through some procedural paperwork to prevent as much unknown issues as possible. The core concept was just too cool to not want to develop though, we knew controlling it after would be more the real task than getting it to work.

#221 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

From my experience in the MMO field I'd make the following suggestions.

Anything with a Offensive percentage stat should be socketable to a Weapon/Offhand. Possibly Jewelry. The Defensive percentages should obviously go to Armors. 

The theory behind it is, No one will be put off by a decent 30second-5minute PvP scenario, but a 5 second scenario is when it's just not fun in the long haul. So having more Defensive percentages over-all would probably be fine, especially with the given and pretty large volume of complaints about damages being too high. That's where I would start. 

Edited by Feuer, 09 November 2015 - 06:29 PM.

#222 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

Anyone having login problems with pega ? I am always stuck on downloading avatar list.

#223 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

It was having problems lately due to the attacks towards the server. 

#224 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:14 AM

Critical Defenses will not reduce the chance for a critical hit

This sucks Err

#225 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:16 AM

Can we request some gem stat combinations btw? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users