Random ROSE History Gathering - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Random ROSE History Gathering

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GoukenGassen

GoukenGassen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:02 AM

Seeing all these threads regarding balancing makes me feel uneasy, so I'd like a change of pace, as I'm just new here.

I would like to ask, as it is obvious, but how is it that there's just so many zulies in the market right now? Seeing as there's so much, to the point that most of your zulie will come from players buying stuff as well, I would like to know where did it all start.

I could assume that for all of these years, people have been selling all the random junk into the NPC, which when you collect all, it wouldn't be a surprise to have a ton of zulie in the market right now, to the point where it's purchasing power is kinda fun to see. But is there anything else where it could've come from? I know a ton of old games has this situation, but I found ROSE's quite peculiar.

Tickling to know things about ROSE years ago.

#2 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:40 AM

Every time a monster is killed there is a potential for zulie to be added into the game. Quests give zulie. More zulie coming in than coming out for a decade or so, of course there is a lot of it.

#3 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

There used to be a lot of easy means to accumulate mass zulie, one used to be NPC sold Repair Hammers that don't exist anymore in-game. Higher current durability on weapon drops from monsters sold for more. Most of the time, npc'd weapons sold very poorly but an old tactic from iROSE was using an NPC Repair Hammer on it to fix it's durability to max. Full Durability weapons sell much higher than near broken weapons. Durability on old items drops are much higher than the current fix of gears. They used to be 70-90s easily on everything.

The drawback was NPC Repair hammers(cost maybe 350zulie max?) reduced the maximum durability by 1, but that doesn't matter since you would be selling it to an npc anyways and make 3x to 4x the profit compared to selling it with near-broken durability

There used to be drops called Wooden/Silver Crate/Box A through F that would stack in your consumable inventory. Once they opened, they gave you 160-200 level yellow/blue gear and weighed near nothing.

So if you sold a normal 160-200 weapon back then, you'd make 30-50k off an NPC per weapon. If you hit it once with the NPC Repair Hammer, you could re-sell it on a bourg with max-resell to vendor for 150k-200k.

This is just but one of the tricks in the old days.

#4 GoukenGassen

GoukenGassen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

There used to be a lot of easy means to accumulate mass zulie, one used to be NPC sold Repair Hammers that don't exist anymore in-game. Higher current durability on weapon drops from monsters sold for more. Most of the time, npc'd weapons sold very poorly but an old tactic from iROSE was using an NPC Repair Hammer on it to fix it's durability to max. Full Durability weapons sell much higher than near broken weapons. Durability on old items drops are much higher than the current fix of gears. They used to be 70-90s easily on everything.

The drawback was NPC Repair hammers(cost maybe 350zulie max?) reduced the maximum durability by 1, but that doesn't matter since you would be selling it to an npc anyways and make 3x to 4x the profit compared to selling it with near-broken durability

There used to be drops called Wooden/Silver Crate/Box A through F that would stack in your consumable inventory. Once they opened, they gave you 160-200 level yellow/blue gear and weighed near nothing.

So if you sold a normal 160-200 weapon back then, you'd make 30-50k off an NPC per weapon. If you hit it once with the NPC Repair Hammer, you could re-sell it on a bourg with max-resell to vendor for 150k-200k.

This is quite cool to know. Thanks! :Emo_12:

#5 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

As ive understood in the past, there was a exploit wich gave players alot of zulie. Including zulie sellers i guess.

#6 Kitoruw

Kitoruw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

This trick cant flood the server with trillions. When thise silver boxes were one of the modes of farming, you can barely see a hundred million item vended on junon. Its zulie sellers ofc who brought trullions into rose( and probably duping)

#7 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

I said this is one of many tricks. I personally farmed 10b when this was in place, back then 2.1b or something was max. I only did this for a few months. I know others who did this for years.

#8 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:30 AM

As ive understood in the past, there was a exploit wich gave players alot of zulie. Including zulie sellers i guess.

Not that I've done it... 
But there use to be a way where you could buy NPC items, and disassemble them, selling the parts for more zullie than what the item was worth. 

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:22 AM

Not that I've done it... 
But there use to be a way where you could buy NPC items, and disassemble them, selling the parts for more zullie than what the item was worth. 

That exploit was corrected years ago. As for the armor boxes, I think they still drop in Prison, but since no one goes there anymore, you don't see them. I used to use them to build up my funds. A good couple of hours of leveling in prison would fill up my inventory with those things.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

11 years of ROSE without a proper zulie outlet, nuff said. 

#11 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

That exploit was corrected years ago. As for the armor boxes, I think they still drop in Prison, but since no one goes there anymore, you don't see them. I used to use them to build up my funds. A good couple of hours of leveling in prison would fill up my inventory with those things.

They no longer do. I'm an inhabitant there.

#12 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

2015, still goes to prison. 

#13 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:46 AM

uhm. Item duplication, there you go. History of ROSE explained in a nutshell, with some people getting dealt with, and others getting away with it.

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

Awesome!

I would too if I could get people to go with me. Prison is such a challenge now!

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

^ doesn't understand the market value of kera mounts + medallions. 

#16 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:03 AM

^ doesn't understand the market value of kera mounts + medallions. 

Still doesn't make it worth it to me to go to prison. .... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users