Ragnarok Online FPS performance problems (Fullscreen and Window mode) - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok Online FPS performance problems (Fullscreen and Window mode)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EmiyaShirou

EmiyaShirou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:39 AM

• CPU Type: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz ~ 3.1 GHz
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev. 2.0)
  • System Memory: 2x4GB | DDR 3 | 1600 MHz
  • Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 | 1024 MB GDDR5
  • Monitor Display: [Main] LG Flatron L1918S (1280x1024 resolution, 75 Hz) (I have a second one as well but it's disabled currently in display properties and turned off)
  • Audio Adapter: Realtek ALC889 @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B-3]
  • Network Adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Full screen: The game is running between (ugh...) 21 and 22-23 fps D: Why?

Window Mode: This fixes the 21-23 fps issue but when I travel through the world the game is choppy like fps is dropping and I'm not only talking about crowded area like prontera, I was on a map north of prontera farming Lunatics (I believe they are called) and the game was having a VERY VERY VERY BAD performance, I've downloaded fraps and I'm noticing fps dropping from 75-74 (weirdly it's rarely hit 75fps mostly 74 max) to 30 fps and bellow :/ Something like this should not happen on such an old game. Someone can explain to me what is happening over here, why is this dropping to bellow 30 fps and if there is a possible fix/work around?

Edited by EmiyaShirou, 02 October 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#2 maniksonic

maniksonic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe Magical Land Of Markiplier
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:19 PM

considering you have an i5 processor and an NVIDIA you should not have FPS issues for RO however there are some rare cases where windows 8 wil totally just hate on games like RO, but thats unlikely in this matter. To answer you question better though, no matter how good your cpu is, if the host server is too flooded, or something of similar nature this will happen. Its a host side issue not client. An example being say extreme server lack due to server being overflooded with players (in recent cases the increasing number of bots appearing on the server) plus for some reason during WoE times it causes a bit of lag for some people and so FPS issues but with your specs the WoE shouldnt be an issue. So its likely going to be either the server is flooded with more people than it is limited to i.e. say a server for an online game is made to hande up to 10mil player and 15mil are online. The only other possible solution is it is a host side issue which means it could be coming from warp portal's end. If it is host issue then some maintenance wil be needed to adress that issue. Needless to say those are the only two things that I know of that could be the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users