Classic Groove Packs/Lucky Box Request Thread Mk. II - Page 7 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Groove Packs/Lucky Box Request Thread Mk. II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#151 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:31 PM

1 valk armor per week on ET

24 valk armors (maximum) if you camps regularly for 1 week >.< 

TIL Valk spawns more than 21 times in a week, ignoring maintenance, and the drop rate is 100%.

Plus it's never contested.

Also variance is no longer a thing.

Edited by Rythen, 17 February 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#152 Tomb

Tomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

Bloody branches in the cash shop are the definition of selling power in the cash shop which is an MMO nono

If you have a problem with the ET cooldown, make more characters, Classic is very fast and easy to do so.

More mvp cards does not equal more fun. It equals more headache as the GM team have to consider balancing a plethora of items that should only exist in small amounts.

Okay Xellie, VH doesn't want BBs in Lucky Boxes. And because you are the loudest guild and group up to silence anyone else who has an opinion I will leave it alone.

#153 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

Okay Xellie, VH doesn't want BBs in Lucky Boxes. And because you are the loudest guild and group up to silence anyone else who has an opinion I will leave it alone.

It's not like BBs are hard to get, a quick search will help you figure out how to get them like other guilds do.

It's a shame that there's no good database filled with information solely about the International Ragnarok Online server.

#154 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:07 PM

Ah yes just what classic needs, even more oversaturation of extremely powerful items in its small population. And done through the cash shop instead of gameplay to boot, yep about par for the course. /s

Cash shop is a necessary evil, right now it's influence is mainly limited to consumables and headgears and I'd prefer to keep it that way. And far away from mvps and their cards.

Sorry people disagree with making the game more pay2win, or that other people have mvp loots and cards from playing the game and you can't just buy your way to the same things without playing the game too.

Edited by rojoky113, 17 February 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#155 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

Not in VH and I don't want BB in boxes, so it's not only VH that doesn't want them

Edited by Chaiso, 17 February 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#156 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

Also not in VH and dislike the idea of BBs in boxes. Also speaking as someone who has no MVP cards.

Believe me, I love BBs. They're fun to play around with in parties. Few things in this game are more fun than trying to cheese your way through a sudden beelzebub with a party that has no idea what it's doing. But if you put BBs in boxes, MVPs suddenly become a lot less valuable, especially on a server that only has like 3-4 camped MVPs. If the server were in a healthier state, say something like Ymir was back in its prime, I'd say go for it. Throw some BBs in there for fun. But with an active population in the lower hundreds, having a ton of MVPs around only harms the already strained economy. We already have too high of a rate of miniboss cards and gods thanks to other reasons, and throwing more MVP cards into the mix would just tip the scales even farther towards the "haves". 

#157 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

Who would you talk to if you were trying to buy a valk armor?

BBs are obtainable through quest/s as is apparently one of them is secret/being exploited.

The people i see posting against BBs already own/have access to some mvps. Can't we just add something fun?

Not a VH  member, and not exactly best friends with them...

I'd expect someone that has spent such a gigantic amount of irl cash in game to support BB in boxes with his own life. What surprises me is seeing people that spend gigantic amounts too being reasonable enough not to support it. 

I also don't own MVP cards myself. I own a few minibosses, just as you do. The difference is that I didn't spend $ to earn them :3.

#158 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

It appears that the GM team is having difficulty cracking down on RMTing. Could adding BB's to the lucky boxes sporadically be an alternative to people instead of spending $100 on some shady website to get a rare card? Granted, a couple of BB's here and there likely will not be getting anyone any MvP cards any more than ET would in comparison, but at least we could know that the money goes to Warp Portal to support the game that we love vs. some other entity? 

#159 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

People who spend cash in ~shady websites for a 100% sure card won't spend it with warp portal instead. It's still a chance to drop, and you have to kill  the mvp. What do you need to buy the card in those websites? Just the cash. Not a valid point, guys.

Also, ET is in-game effort. Kafra Shop is p2w. Please do not compare them. Also, people that truly want to support the company would do it regardless of direct benefits. I would, at least, and so would my friends, we talked about it.

#160 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:23 PM

People who spend cash in ~shady websites for a 100% sure card won't spend it with warp portal instead. It's still a chance to drop, and you have to kill  the mvp. What do you need to buy the card in those websites? Just the cash. Not a valid point, guys.

Also, ET is in-game effort. Kafra Shop is p2w. Please do not compare them. Also, people that truly want to support the company would do it regardless of direct benefits. I would, at least, and so would my friends, we talked about it.

In order to get an MVP card from a BB out of a box you must

1. Get the BB
  2. Pull the right MVP from the BB
  3. Successfully kill the MVP (note you may run into comp)
  4. Get the 0.02(?)% drop
  5. Be the one who loots said drop

Honestly it's easier to go up ET than to attempt to get a card via BB

My point is it's pointless to add them to boxes in order to curb RMT. It's not gonna work.

Edited by Rythen, 17 February 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#161 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

Also a pretty decent chance that those illegit items will be purged to some degree or entirely at some point, I don't think harming the server even further is any better of an idea because of them. And if there's only going to be "a few BBs here and there" and they "likely won't be getting anyone any more mvp cards than et" then why would someone who was willing to buy from the dupe site not still just do that? That argument makes very little sense.

#162 XStorm

XStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

Anything from the kafra shop is never "just a few".

#163 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

I think we actually agree on quite a lot, however I think the game is at a different point than it was in the past. That is probably where you and I differ in perspective.

ET is pretty damn broken and should not have been ever implemented, so I'm not sure I am buying the whole saturation argument. I also am not seeing how they shouldn't be compared. If you purchase BB's, you still have to kill them. It's not as if it's a huge effort to get to floor 5 of ET where an MvP with a popular card is. If you know what you're doing, you only need 2 or 3 people to get at least halfway through ET. That's at least 10 MvPs. 

I have no bets on this as the only thing I purchase from the Kafra Shop are cute hats, however I know people who would be willing to spend a few bucks at the chance to get a couple of BB's. If someone wants to blow $200 on BB's, that's on them. I find that to be a dumb decision, but that's their money. Not mine. Keep in mind, I'd prefer a classic server with absolutely no kafra shop, but I realize that that time has long passed for RO. 

Edited by Ecclesio, 17 February 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#164 XStorm

XStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

If someone wants to blow $2000 on BB's, that's on them. I find that to be a dumb decision, but that's their money

One assumes you won't blame WoE losses on their huge amounts of items then or claim unfairness.

#165 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

I think we actually agree on quite a lot, however I think the game is at a different point than it was in the past. That is probably where you and I differ in perspective.

ET is pretty damn broken and should not have been ever implemented, so I'm not sure I am buying the whole saturation argument. I also am not seeing how they shouldn't be compared. If you purchase BB's, you still have to kill them. It's not as if it's a huge effort to get to floor 5 of ET where an MvP with a popular card is. If you know what you're doing, you only need 2 or 3 people to get at least halfway through ET. That's at least 10 MvPs. 

I have no bets on this as the only thing I purchase from the Kafra Shop are cute hats, however I know people who would be willing to spend a few bucks at the chance to get a couple of BB's. I'd prefer a classic server with absolutely no kafra shop, but I realize that that time has long passed for RO. 

Indeed, we don't differ that much. I also believe ET is retarded and should have never been implemented. But that was gravity anyway. They also did implement a whole bunch of retarded stuff. Then they tried to fix all the -_- they did with Renewal, and brought along even -_-tier -_-.

Anyway, I do ET sometimes, solo. I get my LK and go until White Lady, then I leave. That floor is really boring. I know a bunch of people that have 30 LK's. They're not that hardcore players, I'm sure there's people with more than 30.

My point is: they had to do something IN-GAME to be able to hunt those mvps. At the very least leveling the LK's. Grouping with friends and doing something IN-GAME if they want to kill more mvps. And of course waiting a whole week before each of this characters can go ET again.

Spending RL cash should NOT be as rewarding as doing ET, not even close. Because regardless of how stupid or easy farming ET is, it's still an IN-GAME effort/time spent. IN-GAME>P2W. That's all.

On a side note, my ET runs with ~rampage are absurdly fun. We go with 4-7 people, using whatever classes we want to. We never got past Ifrit. But srsly the amount of laughing in TS is gigantic and it's one of my favourite week moments of Classic.

Let's hope no one read this and ddos our TS again while we're in ET, right?  :heh:

#166 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

One assumes you won't blame WoE losses on their huge amounts of items then or claim unfairness.

That's cryptic.

If you have something to say to me, perhaps you should just say it? 

#167 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

TIL Valk spawns more than 21 times in a week, ignoring maintenance, and the drop rate is 100%.

Plus it's never contested.

Also variance is no longer a thing.

i've tried to comp on that, just a waste of time but yeah, i also don't think BBs in kafra shop is a good thing.

#168 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:42 PM

I also don't support all this WoE politics passive agression lol. If anything I said sounded rude or whatever pm me, I'll answer you there so that I don't raise any unecessary drama.

#169 XStorm

XStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

That's cryptic.

If you have something to say to me, perhaps you should just say it? 

How was that cryptic? Item unfairness is something that is mentioned regularly by your group. BBs in lucky boxes would exacerbate this situation.

#170 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

i've tried to comp on that, just a waste of time but yeah, i also don't think BBs in kafra shop is a good thing.

BBs in kafra shop is a bad idea.

Almost as bad as making an enemy guild's means of communication crash

#171 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

Almost as bad as making an enemy guild's means of communication crash

That's not even into discussion.  LOL

#172 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

This entire discussion pops up shortly after an Aurora member talking with us on Teamspeak and us not wanting to share the source of our BBs? Anyone can do the quests that are available, it's nice to have something that retains sanctity of ingame play.

Try preceding a google search with site:website if it's upsetting you so much.

@PaulElgan

Valkyrie Randgris spawns every 8 hours+10 minutes. Thats 3 a day. If there's 24 valks in a week, that is an 8 day week. I say 25/8 fairly often, but it's facetious. There's only 7 days in a week.

Once you factor in maint and variance, you can trim 2~3 spawns off that total, bringing it to 18-19 divided by however many people camp/comp it.

@bloodybranches

I'm the leader of VH and I have no shame in admitting that :p_idea:

I don't think they belong in lucky boxes at all, that is akin to selling mvp cards in the cash shop, although at low rate. Nobody would want MCAs or those MVP card books would they? It would crash the market for MVP trashloots which a lot of lower level people depend on also. There's also only 3 maps BBs work on. So the drama would be pretty hot if people ran around with their belts and gtbs and glooms and ksed eachothers - nobody wants that!

Item saturation is also pretty terrible. Like, really terrible.

#173 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

Do you know what SHOULD be in boxes?
Subject Aura

the way to get them now is absolute bull-_- and a bad idea.

#174 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

Indeed, we don't differ that much. I also believe ET is retarded and should have never been implemented. But that was gravity anyway. They also did implement a whole bunch of retarded stuff. Then they tried to fix all the -_- they did with Renewal, and brought along even -_-tier -_-.

Anyway, I do ET sometimes, solo. I get my LK and go until White Lady, then I leave. That floor is really boring. I know a bunch of people that have 30 LK's. They're not that hardcore players, I'm sure there's people with more than 30.

My point is: they had to do something IN-GAME to be able to hunt those mvps. At the very least leveling the LK's. Grouping with friends and doing something IN-GAME if they want to kill more mvps. And of course waiting a whole week before each of this characters can go ET again.

Spending RL cash should NOT be as rewarding as doing ET, not even close. Because regardless of how stupid or easy farming ET is, it's still an IN-GAME effort/time spent. IN-GAME>P2W. That's all.

On a side note, my ET runs with ~rampage are absurdly fun. We go with 4-7 people, using whatever classes we want to. We never got past Ifrit. But srsly the amount of laughing in TS is gigantic and it's one of my favourite week moments of Classic.

Let's hope no one read this and ddos our TS again while we're in ET, right?  :heh:

I can see that, but my point (and even Rythen agreed), in terms of efficiency and time, ET will be faster for getting MvP cards than BB's...so it wouldn't be making spending kp as rewarding as ET. Plus I agree ET is more fun with friends. Hence why I wouldn't be purchasing these said BB's. :P

One time during a guild ET party the server started having issues and immediately after we killed Bee and saw the Variants drop, we all DCed. The login server then went down. Sad day for us as we lost out on those variants and couldn't finish ET. We didn't even get an ET cooldown reset from that from the GM's. :p_sad:  

#175 Tomb

Tomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

It was me in TS. Xellie stop being vague

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users