Tiki Tuesday Q&A Gorilla Monsoon Memorial Edition - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A Gorilla Monsoon Memorial Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

Robert James "Bob"/"Gino" Marella (June 4, 1937 – October 6, 1999), better known by his ring name of Gorilla Monsoon, was an American professional wrestlerplay-by-play commentator, and booker. He is famous for his run as a super-heavyweight main eventer, and later as the voice of the World Wrestling Federation, as commentator and backstage manager during the 1980s and 1990s. He was the voice of the WWF during the 80s and early 90s and also called the first 8 WrestleManias and was the host of WrestleMania IX. He became on-screen WWF President in the latter decade.

Today we honor Gorilla Monsoon, the wonderfully named wrestler/announcer who was the voice of the World Wrestling Federation during it's 80s heyday, when pro wrestling was largely still thought of to be legitimate. Together with his good friend Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Monsoon was a legend at the announcing table, rooting for the good guys "faces" while Bobby cheered on the antagonists "heels".  

Please ask your questions for this week's show, which will air at twitch.tv/warpportal Tuesday at 3pm. If you missed last week's episode check here: 

#2 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:17 PM

Earlier this week Camp put in a request for 127 new headgears(and costumes). What's the average response time from HQ for something like that?

Not too long if the items already exist, generally weeks to receive those unless they have a special visual or skill effect that requires a client update that we don't have yet. 

#3 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

Hello! last year I suggested if it was possible to make Transformation Candy drop at low chance while you wear halloween themed costumes (such as the costume Halloween Hat). Back then I was told perhaps this year it would be possible to make it drop the candies similarly to how costume cake hat drops Stolen Cacao. How about it? :]

You have to remind me about that kind of stuff a little earlier in the year!

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

What's the status on us getting all those missing updates? Is kRO testing them for our server or did they not even start yet?

No updates on the updates yet. 

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

As a lot of people have been proposing this before I do, is it possible to make the guild investment to be less tedious? As in

> more bulk option to buy the tickets (atm it only serves up to 200 tickets per transaction, while it's possible to make it to 2500 like Rune Seller)
> more bulk option to turn in the tickets (not very sure about this one but I guess you just need to check the char's weight difference with highest case of prize's weight times the number of tickets you want to turn in)

right now some people agreed that macro is 'okay' to use as long as you don't afk when bot check is around. Sadly, there are no bot checks been done and I suppose some people doing the investment are not actually people.

And last time I ran into a GM bot check, the GM showed off and killing stuffs I was about to. <_<

We do not currently have plans to change the investment system. 

#6 JapzPogi

JapzPogi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

1. Why does KVM over upgraded equipment is limited to +15 in WOE 2. As stated in PRO to IRO FAQ migration procedure. All items will be downgraded to +12. Why only +15 in WOE2?

The restriction has to be done on Chaos and Thor at the same time, and players have been able to upgrade above +12 on Chaos for some time now. The +12 downgrade was something we had wanted with the migration but found out later that it was not possible to do. 

2. Does limitation of upgrade to +15 only applicable in KVM equipment? How about non-KVM equipment which is over upgraded?

We are evaluating more equipment than just the KVM, but KVM is one of the most powerful when over-upgraded.

3. Are you still planning to downgrade over upgraded equipments to +12 cap?

Items upgraded over +15 on Thor will be downgraded to +15 when found. 

Edited by Oda, 06 October 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#7 JadedCynic

JadedCynic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:38 PM

1. What is the latest time (please include a time zone for reference) that you check this thread for questions to answer on Tiki Tuesday?

I will check the thread during the livestream but once the stream has started, if you haven't asked the question you'd be better off asking in the chat. 

2. Why are some of your Tiki Tuesday videos not on YouTube? If a particular week is not posted on YouTube, does that mean it never will be?

Generally they should always be going up, though if there is a problem with the youtube upload some of them may be getting missed. If there's a tiki tuesday you wanted to see but isn't on the site let me know. We have all of them archived on a harddrive. 

3. I know I asked this before, but the Tiki Tuesday in which you answered my question never made it to YouTube: Do you ever plan to implement an increased vending limit? If so, what is the new limit and when do you plan to implement it?

We requested that update from kRO some time ago. Unfortunately, increasing the vend limit is not a change we can make by adjusting our scripts or database files for RO, we need an update to the game EXE to be able to use that update. 

Edited by Oda, 06 October 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#8 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

http://www.levelupga...arpportal-faqs/

+12 it is !!

http://blog.gravityu...oda_blog/?p=614

Due to the difference in over upgrading items on pRO and iRO, high upgraded items (+20, +15, etc.) will be reduced when they come to our server. This is to be fair for players on the new server we are setting up. Since they will be using iRO mechanics it would not be fair for players to come over with upgrades that new players on the server would never be able to obtain.

+15 should be reduced to +12... tsk tsk.... not to capped it to +15... tsk tsk....  to be F-A-I-R...

also do not forget about the cards, some of those cards are still lurking, like the Professor Card.

thank you very much, Sir Oda and Sir Campitor...

1. Capping at +15 temporary or final? (should be degrading)

2. status on costumes with card and enchanted with stats, will it be ignored or take action?

3. status of the rogue MVP cards?

4. Dark Book bug, status?

5. when will WoE Set be available? what i only saw are rental set tho.

my guts told me that those characters with bugged items, rogue cards and costume carded mid gear, will probably not joining this coming WoE 2.

they will somehow or probably go silence for couple of WoE and to prove that those item do not exist.

just an intuition, but some psychopaths do reverse it, they will test it.

We are watching for reports and have been removing items like carded costumes, cards and items that weren't removed during the migration.

The cap at +15 is likely final since it would be nearly impossible to get above that level of refine on iRO. 

Regarding Dark Book, The characters that were indicated to have the item did not have the item when we checked them, nor were they traded away. 

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

Back to School Event Leaves

What is the back to school event? is it the Fishing Event + TLAPD event?

Also, is there a way to run a query that lists all enchantable costumes in game right now? And with Camp requesting 100+ more costumes from kRO, do you have any update on your plans to make more costumes enchantable so people aren't pigeonholed into using the same set of costumes?

The back to school event was the fishing event. 

#10 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

New spotlight? GH would be nice :)

Next week we will be bringing in the Glastheim/Niflheim Spotlight

#11 kigh04

kigh04

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

Thor storage disconnection? any updates on this one?

2months and 6 tickets and my chaos storage is still broken.

Please do not send in multiple tickets, this makes it more difficult to track your issue. Campitor has been working with the GM Team to get these identified and fixed. 

#12 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the Classic WWE vids. I can't believe it's been 16 years since Gorilla Monsoon passed.

Unfortunately, pro wrestling is an industry where it's rare to have folks live into a ripe old age. I'm glad the WWE network is around so it's easier than ever to get caught up on all the dumb wrasslin' I've missed. 

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

Hey Oda

Did you get any time to grab the OCA/MCA information yet?

And have you looked into the concept of modifying the spoiler tag slightly?

I haven't had the time to test modifying the spoiler tag but I have seen your PM about it. 

For the MCAs

Spoiler

For the OCAs

Spoiler

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hey Oda

Did you get any time to grab the OCA/MCA information yet?

And have you looked into the concept of modifying the spoiler tag slightly?

I haven't had the time to test modifying the spoiler tag but I have seen your PM about it. 

For the MCAs

For the OCAs

Sweet as, will wait for your reply on that.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 06 October 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#15 kigh04

kigh04

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:00 PM

Thor storage disconnection? any updates on this one?

2months and 6 tickets and my chaos storage is still broken.

Please do not send in multiple tickets, this makes it more difficult to track your issue. Campitor has been working with the GM Team to get these identified and fixed. 

Sorry for multple tickets.

Thank you for the update

#16 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:01 PM

Hi Oda,

You should check the Queen Scaraba MVP's AI (the one in nightmare scaraba dungeon). It is bugged. She only casts divest or Break Armor skill non stop. She doesnt even hit you with base atk.

We reported that up to kRO and the skill data was not different from what they had but we will check that out. 

#17 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Hi Oda,

You should check the Queen Scaraba MVP's AI (the one in nightmare scaraba dungeon). It is bugged. She only casts divest or Break Armor skill non stop. She doesnt even hit you with base atk.

We reported that up to kRO and the skill data was not different from what they had but we will check that out. 

You guys should fix it asap because it drops MCA, OCA , Alca Bringer, Mystic Bow, Chrome Two Handed Sword.  Like 100m+ profit per kill.

#18 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:43 PM

Hello! last year I suggested if it was possible to make Transformation Candy drop at low chance while you wear halloween themed costumes (such as the costume Halloween Hat). Back then I was told perhaps this year it would be possible to make it drop the candies similarly to how costume cake hat drops Stolen Cacao. How about it? :]

You have to remind me about that kind of stuff a little earlier in the year!

It's not like quest will only be in for 1 week, you can make it! copy paste costume cake hat script and replace stolen cacao drop for candy red/blue/green/yellow :v

#19 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

This:

https://forums.warpp...m-descriptions/

And this (#766-773):

https://forums.warpp...back/?p=2218404

#20 hichaman

hichaman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

is Halloween Event same as last year? also

Nightmare Clock Tower bounty board? will it exist?

Edited by hichaman, 06 October 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#21 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hey oda, could you please also Check faceworm queen as well, there are times when she turns to original form and we won't change element anymore, which makes hunting a lot easier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users