• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

Servermerge.jpg

Worlds will collide on October 26th

We know that the very mention of the word "merge" strikes fear in the hearts of all players, but fear not, we are on the case and we want to make this merge is as smooth as possible. To help make that a reality we will be working hard to try to come up with the best solutions for both communities. So, let's begin!

FAQs

1. What is going to happen? 

On October 26th, 2015 during maintenance, Freya will be merging into Odin.   

2. What about the economies for both servers? 

We are using a 1:50 exchange ratio for zeny for Freyja players merging into Odin. This means that a Freyja character will retain 2% of their zeny after the merge.

This is based on monitoring both economies. We want to blend the two economies without causing the inflation in Freyja to cause economic damage to Odin’s market.

3. What about guild housing? 

Guild Housing will be doubled from 16 Houses to 32 Houses, and Freyja Guilds that hold houses at the time of the merge will keep their house on Odin after the merge.

4. What will happen to the War of Emperium Castle and Fortress ownership? 

Ownership will be reset on Odin during the October 26th merge.

5. What about the auction house? 

Freyja's auction house will be closed on October 14th, in preparation for the merge. 

6. What about my mail?

Freyja's mail will not be transferred, so make sure you pull all your valuables out of your mailbox prior to the October 26 maintenance!

7. What about my character slots? 

Players can have up to 20 character slots taken after the merge, depending on how many total characters they had during the merge.

For example, if a player has 10 Odin characters and 10 Freyja characters, they will keep 20 after the merge. Players will not be able to make more than 10 characters, and if they delete any characters they will not be able to make another character to regain that slot.

For now this is what we have.  We are still discussing strategies in regards to Seedrune Balance and Card Refinements.   We will keep you posted as soon as we have more information. 

#2 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Is the exchange rate going to be applied to the guild storage as well?  Also, a lot of items people can buy from NPC and resell in Odin once they are here.  Just couple things to keep everybody's ears perked up for. Would hate for somebody to find a loophole for the server merge and ruin Odin's economy anyways :/

Edited by donchan, 07 October 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#3 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:29 AM

Is the exchange rate going to be applied to the guild storage as well?  Also, a lot of items people can buy from NPC and resell in Odin once they are here.  Just couple things to keep everybody's ears perked up for. Would hate for somebody to find a loophole for the server merge and ruin Odin's economy anyways :/

We're working with Gravity to make sure it targets all zeny, wherever it's hiding.

No mattress left unturned.

#4 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:38 AM

- Convert Zenny to Odin's Rate

- Wipe +9 cards refinement

Zenny is Freyja servers issue. While +9 cards are the ones on Odin, theres a lot of these and they arent legit.

#5 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:52 AM

I don't see this anywhere... what about mails? Will those be transferred or wiped?

#6 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

so....my chars have like 1500z from the quests up to lvl 50 and they will turn to 30z???? well...that's not good for poor people u know....

edit: and my main has 100k zeny with lots of effort (since I can't play that much) and will turn to 2000z, wich is almost the amount of the zeny rewards of the quests...that doesn't make any sence to me -_-

Edited by Clauchy, 07 October 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#7 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

and my main has 100k zeny with lots of effort (since I can't play that much) and will turn to 2000z, wich is almost the amount of the zeny rewards of the quests...that doesn't make any sence to me -_-

In Freyja your 100k zeny would buy you about 50 doubloons (last time I looked at the price a few days ago), in Odin 2,000 zeny would buy you about 40 doubloons. The only way this will really affect you is for the price of NPC costs like repairing or crafting materials.

#8 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

hmm, remove zeny bags or\and maybe make all items not npc'able?

#9 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

In Freyja your 100k zeny would buy you about 50 doubloons (last time I looked at the price a few days ago), in Odin 2,000 zeny would buy you about 40 doubloons. The only way this will really affect you is for the price of NPC costs like repairing or crafting materials.

well...I'm not really into buying those things so idk xD but how are the prices of weapons and stuff like that?

(but seriously...those 2k zeny i can earn it with a new char...but all the chars i have are turning into 30z -_- and the last time i was in Odin a looooooooooooooong time ago I couldn't aford anything even using all the money from all my chars xD)

well...what really bothers me is that i mostly do the quests for the money and the exp, but since now that money is worthless i feel like it was better to just lvl killing monsters on 3x exp than doing the quests and I bet that would have been faster

Edited by Clauchy, 07 October 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#10 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

well...I'm not really into buying those things so idk xD but how are the prices of weapons and stuff like that?

(but seriously...those 2k zeny i can earn it with a new char...but all the chars i have are turning into 30z -_- and the last time i was in Odin a looooooooooooooong time ago I couldn't aford anything even using all the money from all my chars xD)

well...what really bothers me is that i mostly do the quests for the money and the exp, but since now that money is worthless i feel like it was better to just lvl killing monsters on 3x exp than doing the quests and I bet that would have been faster

Anything that you would buy on Freyja, you can buy on Odin for a lot less zeny. Your buying power will be roughly unchanged after the exchange rate is applied, so don't see it as losing 98% of your zeny, your zeny is just being converted to Odin's rate.

#11 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

Well like njoror said only problem is with repair and npc like thing if we only have 30-100z.

As long you not buying anything from AH or odin player it's good.

#12 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:in ur dreams >.<

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

hoping odin will not sell the item in high cost :p_swt:  and make it the same price 

#13 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:in ur dreams >.<

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

off topic

i just want to know about wonderland,opening

what if we dont finish the donation after the merge what will happen the donation in freyja it well transfer in odin or reset..

and about the bug in easy dungeon some times i only run 1run only in easy then when i enter some ml1 i got 3 run T_T to hard to kill in ml1

and hoping u increase the limit easy cuz some run in easy dont drop in item even in boss even i have full buff of droprate tnx hope CM well read this and reply on my topic TNX 

:p_laugh:  :p_love:  :thx:

#14 SantaJones

SantaJones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

Well, this thread seems more official.

Sidetracking ;
If there's no permission , please let me know whether transferring Freyjan guilds over Odin will be implemented or not.
In the case that the guilds are transferable, could you please merge guild tax bound with guilds by the actual rate you suppose to use?(Nevertheless, we have to withdraw it tho)

For those who recklessly posted without reading whole comments or even official posts, you should stop doing it here.
I do not feel like wasting my time on reading your green posts.

After reading Njoror's clarification on another thread, I have no worries on other issue else due to WP/Gravity are doing well in their responsibilities.
Thank you for trying to treat all players equally.

Edited by SantaJones, 07 October 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#15 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:28 AM

If 1:50 exchange rate is confirmed, they i will not bring any amount of zeny over to odin.

for me the rate is far lower than actually market value comparing with odin.

Shiny Doubloons are selling 17k/s in Odin, if 1:50 applied, it should sell 850k in freyja, but instead its around 400k, buying is the only option.

Blueseed runes are selling 5.3k/s in odin, if 1:50 applied, it should be sold 265k, but i'm selling at 150k/s, so i will stop selling and stockpile it to bring over to odin.

i'm not against the rate, because even with its imbalance, i can still choose to maintain the highest value of either item/zeny.

Since it stated guild housing will be kept by freyjan guild, so i believe guild transfers will be done. now... i got guild in odin and freyja with the same name, what will happens? a suffix will be added to freyja guild or both? and given name change option? what if some naughty kids trying to mess around with those big guilds with creating same name guild in the other server?

Edited by Amilus, 08 October 2015 - 12:28 AM.

#16 SantaJones

SantaJones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:59 AM

now... i got guild in odin and freyja with the same name, what will happens? a suffix will be added to freyja guild or both? and given name change option? what if some naughty kids trying to mess around with those big guilds with creating same name guild in the other server?

Yes. Please provide us the solution of these concerns as well.
I think no one would like to have a suffix added after their guild's name. :(

Thanks to Amilus for reminding me of this issue.

#17 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:38 AM

I would also like to know. With SEA guilds, an "_s" was added if there was any name conflict, but because WP seems to be doing this merge with a different approach, a new better solution is to be hoped.

#18 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:16 AM

I would also like to know. With SEA guilds, an "_s" was added if there was any name conflict, but because WP seems to be doing this merge with a different approach, a new better solution is to be hoped.

If I remember correctly, guild names were exclusive between the two servers just like character names were. There shouldn't be any conflicting names between the two servers.

#19 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:56 AM

Odin:

eXASNqW.png

Freyja:

MBTQYgP.png

#20 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:01 AM

You sure it isn't Channel10 and ChanneI10?

#21 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:04 AM

Odin:

eXASNqW.png

Freyja:

MBTQYgP.png

If that's the case I must have remembered wrong from the info they posted during the Freyja launch.

#22 szk2

szk2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

_f will do

#23 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

You sure it isn't Channel10 and ChanneI10?

both guilds are created by me...

#24 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:51 AM

Even if char name exclusive between the two servers, hoping for char name change scroll sell on Kafra Shop xD

I'm sure many of Freya player want to change their name including me..

#25 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I wanted to pop in with some updates.

What we now know:

• All zeny will be affected by the exchange rate, regardless of where it is stored
  • Mail will NOT be transferring. Make sure to remove your valuables from your mailbox prior to the October 26 maintenance!

Questions I am getting answers to:

• Zeny hidden in items to re-sell to avoid exchange rate.

We are playing with some possibilities right now but have not decided.

• Guild name change conflicts

If there are conflicts, Odin will have priority, and we will alter the duplicated guild names similar to how we did SEA. If you have a guild name that was <Awesome Guild> and is changed to <Awesome Guild_s>, for example, you can create a ticket to have the name changed by a GM.

• Seedrune and Card Refinement Changes

We are getting closer on these, thanks to all  the suggestions we've received from players. If you have any other ideas, feel free to reach out to me by forum PM, Skype, or Twitter.

Let me know if I missed anything!

Njoror

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users