Server Merge: Freya and Odin - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Merge: Freya and Odin

106 replies to this topic

#26 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Guild name change conflicts

If there are conflicts, Odin will have priority, and we will alter the duplicated guild names similar to how we did SEA. If you have a guild name that was <Awesome Guild> and is changed to <Awesome Guild_s>, for example, you can create a ticket to have the name changed by a GM.

Great!

#27 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

Some really good information just hope you guys can deliver. 

#28 nuruLinspirit

nuruLinspirit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:26 PM

just curious event wp make for this merge..

lets hope for something that can earn money..for good start for freyja player..

-----------

out of topic..

until when morroc gh not have owner?..bid and bid and and wait for result but still not have.. :p_sad:

#29 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

why not a zeny cap? xD like if a char has up to 2000 z then it will mantain the amount... T_T I mean seriusly I don't think those 2k zeny will afect the market in odin in any way, since u can get it with the quest story (begging for zeny here xD ahha)

(I mean I don't even mind loosing my 100k since I know I sold some stuff at high cost, but the quest's zeny T_T I don't want to lose it)

Edited by Clauchy, 08 October 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#30 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:51 PM

Players with 3kz or less, i think its better keep the zeny, but i don't know, I hope CM choose the best decision about zeny from new players vs merge players (some different), but alot of individual cases, but worth. I think zeny 1:50 apply only on the rich players (merge, in most cases). Because 2.000z or 3.000z i don't think cause the ruin of the economy. Probably the rich guys invest all the zeny and sell items, but zeny  stay there... 2.000 or 3.000z probably low to buy something in Freyja AH. I hope GM/CM choose the best decision for all, new, old and merge players. Repair the bad and old decisions when apply merge and apply a good merge (inside the same game region) in this time.  :no1:

#31 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

Players with 3kz or less, i think its better keep the zeny, but i don't know, I hope CM choose the best decision about zeny from new players vs merge players (some different), but alot of individual cases, but worth. I think zeny 1:50 apply only on the rich players (merge, in most cases). Because 2.000z or 3.000z i don't think cause the ruin of the economy. Probably the rich guys invest all the zeny and sell items, but zeny  stay there... 2.000 or 3.000z probably low to buy something in Freyja AH. I hope GM/CM choose the best decision for all, new, old and merge players. Repair the bad and old decisions when apply merge and apply a good merge (inside the same game region) in this time.  :no1:

Rich players still can invest all their zeny to bring 2-3 k zeny to server. If I have millions, I can buy anything that will serve me and use my zeny till 2k.

According to the exchange rate 1:50 , a player with 600 k zeny will bring 3 k to odin. I'd rather waste that 600 k zeny and still bring 3 k zeny there. Thats easily abusable

Edited by DietSodaa, 08 October 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#32 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

Is the exchange rate going to be applied to the guild storage as well?  Also, a lot of items people can buy from NPC and resell in Odin once they are here.  Just couple things to keep everybody's ears perked up for. Would hate for somebody to find a loophole for the server merge and ruin Odin's economy anyways :/

We're working with Gravity to make sure it targets all zeny, wherever it's hiding.

No mattress left unturned.

Rich players still can invest all their zeny to bring 2-3 k zeny to server. If I have millions, I can buy anything that will serve me and use my zeny till 2k.

According to the exchange rate 1:50 , a player with 600 k zeny will bring 3 k to odin. I'd rather waste that 600 k zeny and still bring 3 k zeny there. Thats easily abusable

Yeah, all rich players maybe invest all the zeny to buy items but that's the real problem now, but i think Njoror already contempled it.

#33 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

According to the exchange rate 1:50 , a player with 600 k zeny will bring 3 k to odin.

12k.

#34 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:49 AM

Well...that's abusable even without the cap, I think that everyone would invest their money if they knew it will be worthless in a few weeks

#35 Misfit1

Misfit1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSomewhere dark and scary D:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

For the NPC item problem, why don't you make any stackable item other than zeny bags worth 1ruppee when resold? :o Or is there a reason there needs to be a 10% resell price for them? The only time i've ever needed to sell something to a NPC is when i've accidentally bought too much of something or i need to destroy something so i don't see the need for a 10% resell price. But things like gear would come under the non-stackable items, so for lower levels they wouldn't be affected by this. Non-stackable items would be much harder to take over in large quantities, so people can't really avoid the exchange rate very well. :x

#36 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:24 AM

I need some info's on these following questions :

- Will we get more channels? Althought freyja is dead, we still have problems at finding channels to farm stuff, I cant even imagine odin. 10 channels wont be enough for sure.

- If I use a VIP at freyja, will it disappear at odin? Shall I save my VIP till odin?

- What happens to the refine stones at freyja? Odin woe is much bigger than freyja, with more players and guilds, Im pretty sure refine stones are a need there. While a guild controls everything a freyja, a guild holds too many stones, even players has many stones. That would kinda affect odin.

#37 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

Channels were reduced after the addition of Freyja because, quite really very likely, Freyja uses the same physical server as Odin, so the availiable channels were divided amongst the two.

So I would expect Odin to get some of those channels back after the merge.

Edited by Nereida, 10 October 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#38 BloodLust015

BloodLust015

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

If we can retain 2% of Our zennies then it will be 10m * .02= 200kz in conversion. We want to know the Unaffected Value of Zennies we can bring to Odin, The unaffected Value that won't be affected by conversion. Right now I'm seeing  players in Odin selling 1-2m max merchandises what more after the merge that only 2% can be retain lol they will  be having more advantage after the merge.  :p_hi: 

I hope next week Info's will be updated soon about:

1. Costume Binding yes or No?
2. What will happen to Those players who have 30+ and 40+ seeds to 50?
3. Do Refine stones will be wipe out after merge?
4. Can we still use Our Stored VIP's and Midgards effects after merge? 

#39 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

I don't know why all the people here talk about binding costumes after the merge, not neccesary do it, because SEA and other players comes with merge, already have alot of costumes bound, and obtain new costumes when play inside Freyja server had the same costumes or new ones versus Odin player. Not necessary Binding costumes, i hope CM choose the best decision and don't take the hate/angry Odin player comments. Be kindly please, Odin player,we are a community not races or classes of an empire... Think about that, stop the hate and promote the peace. Thanks.

#40 le9olas

le9olas

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:00 PM

Odin:

eXASNqW.png

Freyja:

MBTQYgP.png

i think 1 with small L 1 is with capital i

#41 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:25 PM

i think 1 with small L 1 is with capital i

i think you think too much, who tell you that it can't be same guild name in different server? i knew it when i created those two guilds months ago. and... please finished reading before you make comment, its just stupid even after Njoror had stated the solution... lol~

#42 prom0

prom0

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:40 AM

• Mail will NOT be transferring. Make sure to remove your valuables from your mailbox prior to the October 26 maintenance!

Is this only for Freyja players? Or also for Odin players?

#43 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:19 AM

Just for Freya Server

#44 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

About the costumes and items bounding, if you read carefully you'll understand Njoror already mentioned they won't bind them.

#45 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

That zeny kill.

I got like 63k? And was from selling stuff dirt cheap....good to know nothing gets brought over now.... :sob:

#46 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:29 AM

Item in Auction after auction close this 14/10 will be mail back to owner, or it will be gone forever?

#47 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

• Guild name change conflicts

If there are conflicts, Odin will have priority, and we will alter the duplicated guild names similar to how we did SEA. If you have a guild name that was <Awesome Guild> and is changed to <Awesome Guild_s>, for example, you can create a ticket to have the name changed by a GM.

Why not give priority to the founding day of the guild? I mean...someone can have an old guild in Freya and someone in Odin can create one with the same name just to troll xD

#48 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm going to go through a few of these and respond.

If I didn't address yours, please let me know.

why not a zeny cap? xD like if a char has up to 2000 z then it will mantain the amount... T_T I mean seriusly I don't think those 2k zeny will afect the market in odin in any way, since u can get it with the quest story (begging for zeny here xD ahha)

(I mean I don't even mind loosing my 100k since I know I sold some stuff at high cost, but the quest's zeny T_T I don't want to lose it)

We've used zeny caps and tiered systems in the past, but determined that in order to blend the Freyja and Odin economies we would need to utilize an exchange rate to get Freyja to Odin's level. Individuals might have more or less zeny than before, but this was a big picture decision. We are already concerned about inflation on Odin, and we didn't want to explode the inflation with the merge.

We still plan to do events and new content. If we determine that there is now an issue with players acquiring zeny, we can always supplement events or content with ways to inject new forms of zeny. On the flip side, if we see that inflation does occur, there are options we can consider in the future to alleviate that. The merge itself just poses an issue of hyper inflation in a very short time if we did not address it.

We've done tiering before. The problem is that wealthy players will scatter their zeny amongst alts and other accounts to maintain it through the merge. Applying an exchange rate to all players ensures we can match up the Freyjan economy with Odin's and avoid inflation or players avoiding this rate.

Though, as I stated above, if we do determine a problem post-merge we can do changes to upcoming content or events to alleviate any issue that springs up.

Yeah, all rich players maybe invest all the zeny to buy items but that's the real problem now, but i think Njoror already contempled it.

We are. And thank you to everyone who sent messages about this or ideas/suggestions on how to resolve.

We are working with Gravity to determine what we can do to avoid this. We don't really want to restrict all items coming over, but there are other options we are considering. We should be getting this one settled this week and letting everyone know how we're addressing it.

For the NPC item problem, why don't you make any stackable item other than zeny bags worth 1ruppee when resold? :o Or is there a reason there needs to be a 10% resell price for them? The only time i've ever needed to sell something to a NPC is when i've accidentally bought too much of something or i need to destroy something so i don't see the need for a 10% resell price. But things like gear would come under the non-stackable items, so for lower levels they wouldn't be affected by this. Non-stackable items would be much harder to take over in large quantities, so people can't really avoid the exchange rate very well. :x

We are looking into adjusting re-sell prices to reduce the amount of zeny that could be "hidden" from the exchange rate. It is definitely one of the options we are considering.

We should have an answer later this week.

I need some info's on these following questions :

- Will we get more channels? Althought freyja is dead, we still have problems at finding channels to farm stuff, I cant even imagine odin. 10 channels wont be enough for sure.

- If I use a VIP at freyja, will it disappear at odin? Shall I save my VIP till odin?

- What happens to the refine stones at freyja? Odin woe is much bigger than freyja, with more players and guilds, Im pretty sure refine stones are a need there. While a guild controls everything a freyja, a guild holds too many stones, even players has many stones. That would kinda affect odin.

We don't plan on adding additional channels, since we can support Freyja with the ones we have now.

In regards to drop rate and spawn issues, we'd prefer to address that by having Gravity adjust the rates of these, than to add more channels for them to spawn on. Let me know which ones are priority or in your mind that are big issues right now and we can talk to Gravity about it.

Do you mean Freyja's WoE guilds that have a lot of refine stones? We can look at this and see if its a concern. If you mean something else, let me know.

Channels were reduced after the addition of Freyja because, quite really very likely, Freyja uses the same physical server as Odin, so the availiable channels were divided amongst the two.

So I would expect Odin to get some of those channels back after the merge.

​We don't need more channels to accommodate Freyja. There have been upgrades since they came out. Odin will be fine with the existing channels.

However, DietSodaa suggested a spawn rate issue with fewer channels, so we're looking into that. As I stated above, we'd prefer to handle it by adjusting rates in-game and not adding more channels.

If we can retain 2% of Our zennies then it will be 10m * .02= 200kz in conversion. We want to know the Unaffected Value of Zennies we can bring to Odin, The unaffected Value that won't be affected by conversion. Right now I'm seeing  players in Odin selling 1-2m max merchandises what more after the merge that only 2% can be retain lol they will  be having more advantage after the merge.  :p_hi: 

I hope next week Info's will be updated soon about:

1. Costume Binding yes or No?
2. What will happen to Those players who have 30+ and 40+ seeds to 50?
3. Do Refine stones will be wipe out after merge?
4. Can we still use Our Stored VIP's and Midgards effects after merge? 

Going to try and reply to each of your listed questions:

1. We haven't decided on binding. If we do bind, we're considering binding re-sell and not locking the items to players indefinitely. We're looking at other, better options right now and will have an answer later this week.

2. This is still being discussed, as is card refinement. We are looking at ways to fix and balance both, while also looking at those who currently either have high level seedrunes or higher refine grades. We are getting close to settling on strategy for these, based on ideas we've seen from players, but we're currently not sure if that will make the patch date. Gravity would have to develop this out, create a test version we can verify, then we'd patch it in. If it doesn't make the merge date, we're still going to aim for a patch date in November to follow.

3. We're looking at it right now. We have no plans currently to wipe them, but we're aware of the issue now and will see if the number of stones is so high it's a concern.

4. Storage and inventory merge, too, if that's what you mean. If you mean Temporary Box Storage items, that is shared on the account, so you could always use it on both servers and won't need to be touched. If you mean something else, let me know.

Freyja

Item in Auction after auction close this 14/10 will be mail back to owner, or it will be gone forever?

My guess is it'll be mailed back, but I'll check with Gravity on strategy and update here.

Why not give priority to the founding day of the guild? I mean...someone can have an old guild in Freya and someone in Odin can create one with the same name just to troll xD

It might depend on how many conflicts we find. I will definitely bring up this strategy and see if we can go with that.

#49 zaromanza

zaromanza

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:31 PM

Thanks

Njoror

#50 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

Do you mean Freyja's WoE guilds that have a lot of refine stones? We can look at this and see if its a concern. If you mean something else, let me know.

I mean this. During the history of freyja, it was already an alliance took the control of server in a very short time and we didnt have much fight during the alliance wars until merges happened. 

Examples : X guild took control of woe and held forts for a 4-5 months with allies = have many stones . Then Y guild came and managed to take them down, and held forts for 4-5 months too = stones ! . Then merges happened and we had an actual fight where everyone had stones, but our numbers were low = stones werent a much need. Then after last merge, woe on freyja is dead for like last 3 months . Where a guild is controlling all 7 forts, they are swimming in refine stones. Althought I dont kill mimics, I still have around 4 stacks of armor refines from my castle reign times. 

Also, I dont get a clear reply to this questions, maybe I should've asked it in a better way.

- If I use a VIP at odin, its effect will disappear after merge? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users