CR - Defender / Protector Skills - Feel Free for Add Your´s Suggestions - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

CR - Defender / Protector Skills - Feel Free for Add Your´s Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 aquiles7

aquiles7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri/Nova

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

Hello everybody  :wave: i´m Laurent the Protector Class Represent, like some of my partners did (Aura,ihgyug,WarMachine and menma).

Im here for share my suggestions with you all about the class I play -> Protector and also  for read all your suggestions for share them to the team for keep the information updated in the website we work (trello).

I will Start From Defender Tree:

-----------------------------------------

-Physical Blessing- My Suggestion its add here "HP" instead of  "HP Recovery" it gives for make it more useful in PVE/PVP. And move it only to Protector Skill Tree.

-Taunt & Taunting Cry- My Suggestion here its increase "Enemy´s Hostility" of Taunt skills since at these days with casters hitting over 3k Damage on cap resistances, sometimes its hard keep the aggro.

-Survival Instinct & Skin Of Stone- I would remove Skin Of Stone Skill since its used mostly as filler, and I would increase Short/Long Defense from Survival Instinct, for benefict both Commanders/Protectors to have a better passive defense buff no kickeable by Soccer Kick from sins.

-Rush- My suggestion here its move this skill from Commander Tree to Defender Tree, this skill can be really good for Protector to take Moobs more faster in PVE and for catch enemy´s more easier in PVP.

Now lets go with Protector Tree:

-----------------------------------------

-Low Blow- My suggestion here its increase "Enemy´s Hostility" and Maximum targets too, since at level 10 only 6 targets its to low..

-"About Heals Skills" - in my opinion Heals are fine how atm are, good Skill Downtime too + with some magic gears.. / titan remains -hearts as enchants.. / and working in your SCAD  you can get decent / good ones.

-"About Block Skills" - Some Assassins already get 3k CAD, with my Block defense (1.300 aprox )  before assassins damaged on me more or less between 1,2-1,4k Damage X2, now after this weapons MDC some of them are hitting me like 2k X2 aprox, so I would suggest make "Block Defense Skills" a bit highter for try balance it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As final Part I will share some Suggestions that other People/Players already asked me, I will share them here.

1-  "Counterattack Skill" for Protectors: Since our Damage its not our best, our Defense and Survival its, a counter skill would be perfect because we could hit the targets not using our physical strength.

2- Make a Defense Down Buff: Since our Damage its not our best because we are Protectors we designed to Tank, ¿Why no add them a Defense Double Down Buff? so we can hit more harder in the Enemy Target more helpful in Raids and PVP Areas,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to say Really Thanks for Read and also I would like that you share your Opinion and your suggestions also here, I will read them all and share.

Have you all a great Day.

Laurent

:thx:

#2 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

I like skin of stone wew ._.

Keep physical blessing to defender so commies can benefit from it too ._.

The rest seems ok, except defense debuff ._.

#3 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

I have two points.  Prot needs more speed in general because even with rush, if  it doesn't bug, you still have to run after a person 96% of the time, so I'd say add a speed skill buff or passive so that these tanks can at least move around.  When I was a protector it was fun cornering -_-y people, but if they run in a straight line you're just laughably slow.

The second thing is the def down debuff.  There are already alot of def debuffs and if there are even more they will start to completely mess us up.  instead maybe ad a skill that does unavoidable, REASONABLE damage that ignores a bit of armor, otherwise when certain classes get debuffed sins and zerks will flock to them like flies on poo.

#4 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

thta defense debuffs sounds like the shout from warlords, i would prefer see a resistance buff than that

#5 Vernon

Vernon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

There are good ideas, but I notice 1 thing. Commies also need more HP. So I would let that "HP Buff" on defender tree. The others are fine. For prots really hard to reach,catch mages, i hope u can get some skill for this. And about counterattack...good idea, but i think mages higher danger for prot than melees. Maybe that skill should work only against magic dmg...thats all^^

Edited by Vernon, 07 October 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#6 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

So we came to Protector. ..

good Point on Block Defense. +1

But i would not give him a Rush or movement Speed increase, thats not the typical characteristic of a Tank.

He is supposed to be slow, it should feel rewarding to decide for a Tank what`s his priority to protect. 

And he should not be able to Protect the Full Party, thats kind of Healers Job. 

So i have no complains about his Speed. Since he is even able to cancel negative combats effects.

It should not only the Job from the Tank to run towards the Allys, the Allys should simple feel the interest to stay close to the Tank or Hide behind him.

But can a Tank take the Agro from Enemies besides PvE? well Protector_Broken_Morale.gif have the Potential to be one of the mightily Tools in PvP.

The CD feels a bit long 45 Sec would be more accurate into my Eyes. This saying its today np to reach 100 % SCC and PCC 

And it`s even possible to clean De buffs like BM or increase the SCC with :Battle_Magician_Cry_of_Will.gif so there are plenty of Ways to handle BM

So from a 100 % SCC Perspective i say lower the SCC with Broken Morale to  25 or 30 % this would have a noticeable difference.

down to 50 % won`t make the Enemies run back to their allies at all. Besides from that the Heals needs a Buff and the Defense Buffs 

If your not gonna to revamp the Class from the scratch. Since i won`t aspect that from the Dev`s i leave it with that saying.

#7 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

Need pasive buff %HP in first profession.

20% on 10 lvl skill. Or more.

Now commander/protector have to small HP. In best gear - 30-40K. Zerk and warlord 50-70k.

Its madness. DD profession with 70k and tank with 30k.

LOL.

#8 Vernon

Vernon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

-Reqbug: I totally agree with u, I mentioned it also in commy topic. need more hp as for commy as for prot.

-Sandy: I understand u want to keep prots slow coz tanks are slow (except T-72 :D), but maybe, some prots would fight with other ppl, not only in pve. If they dont have more speed then how could they reach mages who always keep distance?? No way. They need an ability to catch them. If everybody wanna them be slow, then they need a skill which pull the enemies to the prots instantly from far. It could be AoE, with for example only 15-20sec cd, like an Anti-Gravitation skill:D It would be a wonderfull skill also for commies, me and warmachine talked about it, but we have rush-slow-speed buff already...tanks are in bigger trouble. 

My opinion:
We should give chance to play pvp for every classes. Nowadays prots have just 1-2 dmg skill with a lot of heal and def skills, because they "must" protect the others, it is the same with radiant. I really would like to give them chance for pvp, to kill. Even radi can kill ppl a little better than prot, but their all dmg skills are on lvl10-20...or 30. on low lvl when every other classes have min.1 strong attack skill on 2nd tree lol. I suggested to rad class they should have a strong dmg attack skill on the 2nd tree. They have just heals and def buffs there :o
Back to prots: They need 5x stronger taunt, chance to get closer to mages, more hp, and more block def maybe it should work only for PVE. Laurent i know sins hit harder with mdc weaps, but u already have 1,3k block def. Commy has just 5-600, other classes have nothing. For meele not so easy to beat prots even now. Maybe they can remove ur half hp fastly, but ur 3 heals make it full at once. I agree for more block to u but only for bosses. I also suggested that every bosses should be much more stronger because currently every class can tanking easily. Only commy/prot should be able to do this. if bosses would become stronger then u will need more block def for them.

Edited by Vernon, 09 October 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#9 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:03 AM

to give each Class kill Potential is simple, but to balance em out is the real challenge.

into my Eyes your just giving up on the characteristic of each Class by providing em with more DMG.

Can`t you see that DMG has leads us to this Problem in the first Place?

Protector is one of the few Classes who actually can take out DMG. With help from "Broken Moral"

But you ignore that and simply make him more similar to all other Classes?

Gesus don`t do Protector Job than apply for Commy.

#10 Vernon

Vernon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:56 AM

to give each Class kill Potential is simple, but to balance em out is the real challenge.

into my Eyes your just giving up on the characteristic of each Class by providing em with more DMG.

Protector is one of the few Classes who actually can take out DMG. With help from "Broken Moral"

I dont do nothing with prot class. It's just very strange that u think prot's characteristic is only protect and its fine that they unable to kill. If u think this, then i won't write anything to u:) They are tanks, they have to tanking bosses in pve, its ok. But what if somebody wanna play pvp? He just should use his heals and spamm def buff? Or he should create other class? I didnt say prot has to have the OPest dmg. Low blow is nice and he has onslaught but all of them useless if he cant use them coz every mages are 30m from him! Seems u think, it is his characteristic and its fine. Okay then :D

#11 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:35 AM

You sound like that Tanks can`t deal Dmg at all..

that`s simply not true. 

And if you don`t want to talk to me thats totally fine for me. I don`t miss a lot with your 30 Posts^^

#12 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:46 AM

Just move rush to defender skill, nothing else ^^

#13 Vernon

Vernon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:23 AM

Just move rush to defender skill, nothing else ^^

Noo, that change the caracteristic :D tank have to be slow, otherwise they can catch mages:) read what sandy wrote :D:D

btw sandy i have already 32 posts not 30:P It's just waste of time to talk to u, useless. everybody thinks what i wrote only u say, prots don't need more speed or rush...so? why should i write more to u?nvm, its fine:)

#14 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Mk so...I am going to partially agree with everyone.
Yes a prot should be a protector. Not an attacker. So I don't think prots need more attacking skills.
However, I agree on him having either rush or a speed buff.
Most of all I want to see the block dmg increased. Atm it's a joke

#15 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

Correct they don't need to do more damage, most are saying that its ridiculous that they have more damage than a commander (skill).  But not having the ability to even reach an opponent before they are stunned/slowed/hushed makes them ignorable brick walls instead of a reasonable threat.  Sot they do need some type of ability to get closer to people, whether that is a very temporary speed boost or a skill like the one I proposed that brings the enemy to you.

P.S.  Berry said that people were applying for 2 jobs.  So repping commie/prot would not be unusual if Vernon had applied.  Plus, I myself know protectors like the back of my hand so hopefully anyone with extra insight can suggest some reasonable changes.

#16 Vernon

Vernon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:50 PM

Exactly. You are right. I thought the same. They have some dmg skill but its like nothing if they cannot use them because mages are far, then dmg skill seems useless. Of course there are a lot of situations, battlefield etc where they can hit somebody. BUT, even if he hit sometimes defi,domi,temp,rad,elem,druid,shammy all of them have heals, so he cant do much. Need to be closer to hit more often. In 1v1 prot agains mage almost suicide coz if the mage is not nub then prot never gonna catch them. (Btw im sure sandy still thinks its fine, tank need to be slow and no need to reach mages:D) I dont repeat myself, I understand with everybody except Sandy. Have a nice day

#17 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

Correct they don't need to do more damage, most are saying that its ridiculous that they have more damage than a commander (skill).  But not having the ability to even reach an opponent before they are stunned/slowed/hushed makes them ignorable brick walls instead of a reasonable threat.  Sot they do need some type of ability to get closer to people, whether that is a very temporary speed boost or a skill like the one I proposed that brings the enemy to you.

P.S.  Berry said that people were applying for 2 jobs.  So repping commie/prot would not be unusual if Vernon had applied.  Plus, I myself know protectors like the back of my hand so hopefully anyone with extra insight can suggest some reasonable changes.

he don`t needs to be a "reasonable threat" against Casters.

(many other Mele Classes like SR or WL fulfill hat role already perfect)

his role is defensive. You know like a Defender^^

I`m not a fan of concepts where Classes can everything a bit but nothing really good.

So that`s why i don`t like a Berserker with Heals or a Protector with Rush forward.

If i fight against a Zerk i know that the HP i cut from him, won`t restore. (at least in the Past)

Or that when a Protector chases a Caster he is simply stupid.^^ 

A Protectors Place is in the middle of the Group. To heal Allys, or to release em from Movement debuffs.

He can use his Tounts to detect nears SR/Assassins, he can even dot em to prevent fast re stealth.

He has a lot to do if you think defensive. But ya i can imagine that this role don`t fit for most ego kiddies here^^

Who only think about kills and not..you know Team play.

Nobody was complaining when the DMG Cap on Resist was like 2K DMG. Because the average Heals from a Protector

was around 3K so no Problem, tanking Dmg. means contribution too. 

The real Complains started when they made Zerk OP and when Assassins became MDC Weapons.

Ofc. Caster can do now way to much DMG too, all that started with new Weapons and Enchants. 

So i know this seams asking for to much but don`t mistake "cause" & "effect"

If the DMG became unbalance than ONLY defensive Skills will outbalance this. 

Not more DMG that`s fighting Fire with Fire.

Creating simply a new DMG dealer is no Solution it will become part of the Problem.

Under normal Conditions a Protector is more worth than 2 DMG Dealer , when he has fair geared Allys on the Battlefield to protect. And here we see the REAL Problem. We have empty Battlefields and no average DMG range only OP as hell or underpowered. So mby. save your Energies for that instead of unbalancing even more.

In the Past a Supportive Char like Protector was a HUGE advantage for the Group, even if he did not kill anyone.

We lost that , today only DMG matters thats a sad gaming concept. So improve the Defensive Skills, to the meaning they once had in the Past. That`s simply restoring the Class to his old Glory - nothing else needed.

Anyways i can only repeat myself at this Point so this is my last Post here. 

Edited by Sandyman, 11 October 2015 - 01:13 AM.

#18 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:29 AM

he don`t needs to be a "reasonable threat" against Casters.

(many other Mele Classes like SR or WL fulfill hat role already perfect)

I understand poor casters are afraid of everything nowadays what with their stacked scad doing only 1k damage on cap.  But if a protector would like to have a build where it can do more than just stand still and go afk off heals they should have the option. 

his role is defensive. You know like a Defender^^

You know that commander class?  We are "defenders" also...

I`m not a fan of concepts where Classes can everything a bit but nothing really good.

Where does this concept relate with the current protector.

So that`s why i don`t like a Berserker with Heals or a Protector with Rush forward.

Already said it does not have to be a rush, can be a pull that does not effect speed.

If i fight against a Zerk i know that the HP i cut from him, won`t restore. (at least in the Past)

Correct, in the past.

Or that when a Protector chases a Caster he is simply stupid.^^ 

Melee characters with no ranged abilities, regardless of their role, should be able to HIT THEIR TARGET.  You know? being MELEE and all.  Nough said.

A Protectors Place is in the middle of the Group. To heal Allys, or to release em from Movement debuffs.

That is the point of plate mail?  No see you have them confused with Radiants.  Protectors are Paladins, and their place is at the front lines.  Wtf is a meat shield doing if he is not at the front soaking in damage?

He can use his Tounts to detect nears SR/Assassins, he can even dot em to prevent fast re stealth.

Why?  Casters aoe's are much more effective.  And they never leave them so whats the point?

He has a lot to do if you think defensive. But ya i can imagine that this role don`t fit for most ego kiddies here^^

Has nothing to do with ego, don't bring that rubbish in here.  Melee characters that are tanks choose this role becuause they want to fight, not sit in the back and spam heals.

Who only think about kills and not..you know Team play.

It's not about killing, its about crowd control and being a hindrance.  If you cant even get the other teams attention because they know they can stand still and ignore you, why even hit you in the first place.  

Nobody was complaining when the DMG Cap on Resist was like 2K DMG. Because the average Heals from a Protector

was around 3K so no Problem, tanking Dmg. means contribution too. 

No CASTER was complaining.  Some players actually want to play, who cares if contrib maxes or not.

The real Complains started when they made Zerk OP and when Assassins became MDC Weapons.

LOL no...there were complaints way before that, just nobody paid any attention until now.

Ofc. Caster can do now way to much DMG too, all that started with new Weapons and Enchants. 

So i know this seams asking for to much but don`t mistake "cause" & "effect"

You're mistaking the meaning of cause and effect here.

If the DMG became unbalance than ONLY defensive Skills will outbalance this. 

Not more DMG that`s fighting Fire with Fire.

Still said they don't need more damage, we all said they have a more damage skill than commanders THE Dps turan melee.

Creating simply a new DMG dealer is no Solution it will become part of the Problem.

WHO are you getting this protectors need more damage from?  We keep saying they need a way to USE the damage they have, not add more o.o

Under normal Conditions a Protector is more worth than 2 DMG Dealer , when he has fair geared Allys on the Battlefield to protect. And here we see the REAL Problem. We have empty Battlefields and no average DMG range only OP as hell or underpowered. So mby. save your Energies for that instead of unbalancing even more.

Lol no offense, but at this point I really have to ask.  What battlefields have you been on where you'd want a protector rather than two defilers?  Maybe an op rad.  

In the Past a Supportive Char like Protector was a HUGE advantage for the Group, even if he did not kill anyone.

We lost that , today only DMG matters thats a sad gaming concept. So improve the Defensive Skills, to the meaning they once had in the Past. That`s simply restoring the Class to his old Glory - nothing else needed.

Anyways i can only repeat myself at this Point so this is my last Post here. 

I answered some things in there, but you seem to be on the same mindset where "This class should just do this one thing and when it does not the game fails".  Well sometimes thats true, but when it comes to a MELEE not being able to use its MELEE attacks, then something is wrong.  Protectors were a huge advantage to a group in the past because of several reasons:

1)  They had FKing overpowered as hell heals

2)  There was no point in going for kills when your main purpose was that of a rad with plate mail on.  Spam heals, sit back, enjoy popcorn.

3)  Peoples damage was not reaching the 10k mark.

Aside from this, where are you seeing that people are asking for more damage?  We all already know protectors shouldn't have the most hp, the most defense, AND the most dmg.  Just the hp and def.  And that's exactly what everyone is saying.  So drop this reasoning, no one is asking for protectors to hit harder.  A few protectors even said they wouldn't mind hitting LESS, they would just like to hit PERIOD.

But if you know so much about this class and why it has failed, then I suggest you take your own advice, which was originally directed towards Vernon.

"Gesus don`t do Protector Job than apply for Commy"

Don't do protector job then not apply at all.  Or in this case have no clue about the class.  

LEts be honest, 80% of complaints are casters being afraid of having another melee chasing after them.  Ofc its easier just to point out all the superficial flaws of the game instead of admitting the real issue.

Now get back on topic.  Not why game is failing and other classes.  Everyone already knows this.  Don't spam this tread like one in the community chat, it will just lead the management to further ignore our suggestions. 

Edited by BloodyHalo, 11 October 2015 - 08:55 PM.

#19 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

I recently joined a foc match on my prot.it was nothing big, just 3v3.
Enemy had 2 elements and a zerk. My team was something worthless.
Whatever, I'm a prot with at that moment 41k hp, don't have a 40% hp.
100% block, 100% scc, 80% all resist without infinite shield.
Against the elements and zerk I lasted exactly 10 seconds. That's with 2x 4.5k heals and pretty decent hot.
This makes no sense.
I'm not saying I should have killed any of them. I'm not saying I shouldn't have died at all. I'm saying, a prot, which is a meatshield should last longer than 10 seconds against 3 players.

So for pvp, something is wrong. Prot cannot do its job.
Now sure I have played my prot as a healer, and that's fine and dandy and I max contribution really fast, but it's a prot. Not a rad. Prot should be able to run into battle and force players to attack him, he should survive a good long amount and he might even be able to ks 1 kill.
That I'd not what's happening.
Hell, I got ripped apart by some garbage sin. Dint even need soccer kick.

Now this problem correlates to pve aspect as well.
Why take a prot that has crap damage into a raid when you can take a mystic, who does insane dmg and takes a wooing 1.3k more dmg. That's nothing.

Eh, increasing taunt doesn't help. Prot has 0 use in game at this point.
Only reason I keep mine is because Nova is dead and with it I can no rad tank everything. And it's relaxing.

#20 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

Against the elements and zerk I lasted exactly 10 seconds. That's with 2x 4.5k heals and pretty decent hot.
This makes no sense.
I'm not saying I should have killed any of them. I'm not saying I shouldn't have died at all. I'm saying, a prot, which is a meatshield should last longer than 10 seconds against 3 players.

Now sure I have played my prot as a healer, and that's fine and dandy and I max contribution really fast, but it's a prot. Not a rad. Prot should be able to run into battle and force players to attack him, he should survive a good long amount and he might even be able to ks 1 kill.

Why take a prot that has crap damage into a raid when you can take a mystic, who does insane dmg and takes a wooing 1.3k more dmg. That's nothing.

Only reason I keep mine is because Nova is dead and with it I can no rad tank everything. And it's relaxing.

Lol in pvp all they do is make my job 10000x harder by buffing the other team's def, and then proceed to run around in circles.

#21 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

I think all armors cept for plate obviously need to have their defense lowered.
And all party defense buffs need to last 15 seconds and have a 45-1min cd

#22 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

The core problem with a Protector, or any tank for that matter, doesn't have to do with the class or skills or anything of that sort. It has to do with how this game has "progressed" into a mindless and illogical mess, that has NO basic rules to govern game play.

If you actually have classes, there must be SOME rules about what classes can and can NOT do. And as far as I know, Requiem is not The Elder Scrolls and never was. The game was lost the day every other class and their grandma became capable to perform what they were never meant to.

This was obviously done through sheer misjudgement of "skill progression", but of course, far more important was and is the totally lunatic capabilities of "gear" and how far you can actually enhance it. The bare character is an empty shell until you dress them up in some "godly aura", enabling them to perform anything and everything.

We can now go back and discuss our lovely ideas about how to make Protectors (and any other tanks) worth their penny, while the next clothie bozzo will always do it way better.

#23 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

I answered some things in there, but you seem to be on the same mindset where "This class should just do this one thing and when it does not the game fails".  Well sometimes thats true, but when it comes to a MELEE not being able to use its MELEE attacks, then something is wrong.  Protectors were a huge advantage to a group in the past because of several reasons:

1)  They had FKing overpowered as hell heals

2)  There was no point in going for kills when your main purpose was that of a rad with plate mail on.  Spam heals, sit back, enjoy popcorn.

3)  Peoples damage was not reaching the 10k mark.

Aside from this, where are you seeing that people are asking for more damage?  We all already know protectors shouldn't have the most hp, the most defense, AND the most dmg.  Just the hp and def.  And that's exactly what everyone is saying.  So drop this reasoning, no one is asking for protectors to hit harder.  A few protectors even said they wouldn't mind hitting LESS, they would just like to hit PERIOD.

But if you know so much about this class and why it has failed, then I suggest you take your own advice, which was originally directed towards Vernon.

"Gesus don`t do Protector Job than apply for Commy"

Don't do protector job then not apply at all.  Or in this case have no clue about the class.  

LEts be honest, 80% of complaints are casters being afraid of having another melee chasing after them.  Ofc its easier just to point out all the superficial flaws of the game instead of admitting the real issue.

Now get back on topic.  Not why game is failing and other classes.  Everyone already knows this.  Don't spam this tread like one in the community chat, it will just lead the management to further ignore our suggestions. 

yeah prots are paladins. they must be in heart of battles, but like a moving fortress. i don't want a rush , and i don't want some kind of "magnetic or black hole attraction" either ( not even sure they would be able to do it).

Honestly i understand what all of you mean including Sandy even if yes , i think he misunderstand what you are trying to do for the class , what is a honorable try . But not in the good way i think.

Chasing casters and rangers should be only the COMMIE task among turan race.

While the PROT task should be to kill the ones fools enough to come in close fight attacking team , team mates , meaning being able to crush zerks , commies and over all sins. i EVER think that prot was the real natural nemesis of sins. It's not about staying like a fail rad in middle of group far from front lines. We should be able to go there too and survive. But more for support and control/ground control than kills.

Don't missunderstand me : again , i think TOO , prot MUST BE ABLE TO make his OWN kills for adding some fun and excitment. But not like a "chaser" , more like a guard . In this purpose we need a far higher range taunt for unstealthing sins and turn into a real problem for them , in same time yeah more block and block def for balancing last zerks skills revamp and MDC weapons.

and probably stronger heals or some passive immunities to crowds in order to prevent the "perma stun" aspect ( working combo for both zerks and sins) losing in front of nukers is logic to me. But yeah like Norrin said below , not so fast and not so easily. They should hesitate , maybe flee before considering us like an easy kill.

damages are ok enough. more crowd would be good to prevent to fleeing the ones who make the mistake to come close.  not to catch the ones wise enough to stay far. zerks and sins shall be crushed by us the same way a commie should crush a defi , knowing the commie would lose ( even slightly) against zerk and defi will bury prot with certitude , but with more time needed. a decent one like 30 seconds maybe... :hmm: :p_swt:

maybe add some kind of close range root skill ?

This makes no sense.

had same conclusions during moths before leaving ReQQ . Death of any kind of fun for our class.

The core problem with a Protector, or any tank for that matter, doesn't have to do with the class or skills or anything of that sort. It has to do with how this game has "progressed" into a mindless and illogical mess, that has NO basic rules to govern game play.

If you actually have classes, there must be SOME rules about what classes can and can NOT do. And as far as I know, Requiem is not The Elder Scrolls and never was. The game was lost the day every other class and their grandma became capable to perform what they were never meant to.

This was obviously done through sheer misjudgement of "skill progression", but of course, far more important was and is the totally lunatic capabilities of "gear" and how far you can actually enhance it. The bare character is an empty shell until you dress them up in some "godly aura", enabling them to perform anything and everything.

We can now go back and discuss our lovely ideas about how to make Protectors (and any other tanks) worth their penny, while the next clothie bozzo will always do it way better.

yeah like war/bloody and i said somewhere else months ago ( and i remember you add your voice there too ) high defense/block/hp should be reserved for tanks only.  But yeah probably too late , like for zerk hp and heals... even without adding damages to tanks classes that would make clothies and dps think twice before they are "natural born tanking killers" :p_laugh:

and HI , Laurent :no1:

Edited by ARKILIUS, 18 October 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#24 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

Noo, that change the caracteristic :D tank have to be slow, otherwise they can catch mages:) read what sandy wrote :D:D

btw sandy i have already 32 posts not 30:P It's just waste of time to talk to u, useless. everybody thinks what i wrote only u say, prots don't need more speed or rush...so? why should i write more to u?nvm, its fine:)

sorry Sandy is not alone about that point of Rush :no1:  again better have some kind of crowd to keep lil sneaky bastards in place while bashing them instead of being an other "chaser" class. :p_angel:

#25 Vernon

Vernon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:51 AM

No problem Arkilus:) I just dont play with tank excatly for this reason. they dont have any chance against mages. But if u think its fine, okay then:) It was just my opinion. I would apreciate if they could be able to beat mages, but maybe true it changes the characteristic. However if u see every mage class can beat some other type of mage class and melee class, too. Melee the same, can can beat other melee and mages too except prot, they can kill only melee and i thought its not fair..nvm, i stay for commy  :thumb2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users