CR - Defender / Protector Skills - Feel Free for Add Your´s Suggestions - Page 2 - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

CR - Defender / Protector Skills - Feel Free for Add Your´s Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:lost one

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:51 AM

No problem Arkilus:) I just dont play with tank excatly for this reason. they dont have any chance against mages. But if u think its fine, okay then:) It was just my opinion. I would apreciate if they could be able to beat mages, but maybe true it changes the characteristic. However if u see every mage class can beat some other type of mage class and melee class, too. Melee the same, can can beat other melee and mages too except prot, they can kill only melee and i thought its not fair..nvm, i stay for commy  :thumb2:

i don't mean in a "excessive" way. For example as mystics don't have real crowds , before MDC weapons i was able to be a "threat" for many mystics due to my heals and dps balancing their powers , they had to run a lot and engage in a long fight with a ( REAL ) chance to lose if they were not moving enough. Same situation with a dominator . Could be the same with tempest if sleep miss or if their dps wasn't so AWESOME . slow and root  are not a problem because we have restrain rescission what is a good skill.

if i take the example of defi it's because it's the "king crowder" somehow . We can't really chase them. I am not meaning i want our class to go for a systematic lose against them. More in a battle something like : "hey as a caster , i will take my chance against this prot with good chance to win only because i keep him far from me , we are isolated and i have some time. If some others players are around it's too much risk , time to take him out will make me killed by one of his team mate"

in same sense , a shadow runner and a ranger should have 0 chance to beat a prot but in same time it would be a draw cause prot will have 0 chance to reach them ecept if they play dumb.

a zerk and a sin lose and would have to withdraw ( if they can ) or die.

That's in order to promote role class play aspect and promote i hope team play by having complementary players in team ( same for raids) .

Again i had good chances against casters before they access to so much def / HP / block  + next the MDC weapons. I don't mean prots shall have no chance at all. So as these people won't accept nerf on their def / hp and dps , giving us too more HP and more dps seem legit even if it's a vicious circle.

i just mean don't make prot act like a commie , cause i played both classes for almost the same time , love both of them but don't want to see two classes melt in only one. Each shall keep his specificity. + that will keep some interest about our possibility to switch classes and have a different gameplay when we get bored :p_smile:

Commie must beat casters but have a good chance to lose against sins and zerks.

Prot must beat sins and zerks but have good chance to lose against casters.

that's why i think "rush" or "attractive skill" is not the most suited for prot. better see something that immune to range magic damage , or aoes , or crowds ( or combined) for a short time.

for example i consider "scorpion attack" bloody mentioned like a good idea for commie. Even if casters will probably consider it too OP. But for prot , frequent "draw" , low chance to win and average chance to lose sound more logic against casters . Just my opinion tho :p_laugh:

but SINS shall FEAR US !! :p_devil: :heh:

Edited by ARKILIUS, 19 October 2015 - 01:57 AM.

#27 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

i don't mean in a "excessive" way. For example as mystics don't have real crowds , before MDC weapons i was able to be a "threat" for many mystics due to my heals and dps balancing their powers , they had to run a lot and engage in a long fight with a ( REAL ) chance to lose if they were not moving enough. Same situation with a dominator . Could be the same with tempest if sleep miss or if their dps wasn't so AWESOME . slow and root  are not a problem because we have restrain rescission what is a good skill.

if i take the example of defi it's because it's the "king crowder" somehow . We can't really chase them. I am not meaning i want our class to go for a systematic lose against them. More in a battle something like : "hey as a caster , i will take my chance against this prot with good chance to win only because i keep him far from me , we are isolated and i have some time. If some others players are around it's too much risk , time to take him out will make me killed by one of his team mate"

in same sense , a shadow runner and a ranger should have 0 chance to beat a prot but in same time it would be a draw cause prot will have 0 chance to reach them ecept if they play dumb.

a zerk and a sin lose and would have to withdraw ( if they can ) or die.

That's in order to promote role class play aspect and promote i hope team play by having complementary players in team ( same for raids) .

Again i had good chances against casters before they access to so much def / HP / block  + next the MDC weapons. I don't mean prots shall have no chance at all. So as these people won't accept nerf on their def / hp and dps , giving us too more HP and more dps seem legit even if it's a vicious circle.

i just mean don't make prot act like a commie , cause i played both classes for almost the same time , love both of them but don't want to see two classes melt in only one. Each shall keep his specificity. + that will keep some interest about our possibility to switch classes and have a different gameplay when we get bored :p_smile:

Commie must beat casters but have a good chance to lose against sins and zerks.

Prot must beat sins and zerks but have good chance to lose against casters.

that's why i think "rush" or "attractive skill" is not the most suited for prot. better see something that immune to range magic damage , or aoes , or crowds ( or combined) for a short time.

for example i consider "scorpion attack" bloody mentioned like a good idea for commie. Even if casters will probably consider it too OP. But for prot , frequent "draw" , low chance to win and average chance to lose sound more logic against casters . Just my opinion tho :p_laugh:

but SINS shall FEAR US !! :p_devil: :heh:

The main issue with this is that with the new MDC gear and skills the classes that are not supposed to be able to kill tanks easily kill them.  As slow as prots are now they wont even be able to retreat let alone attack.  If you get the chance join a (rare) foc, its almost like a fps now with the amounts of pew pews and aoc's killing everyone.

On the flipside, your team casters/sins will be killing people so fast you wont have the chance to even hit them before they explode.  Which is ok for some protectors, becuase they don't want to really engage anyways, but this is more speaking for those who want combat and support at the same time.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 19 October 2015 - 07:09 PM.

#28 LunarWolf

LunarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:58 AM

Judging from the skills proposed I say give prots the slow from the commander tree (chain of restraint) let commies keep the rush and their speed buff. Make taunts have use in PVP like directly affect enemy targeting for a duration so the only target the enemy can launch any skills at is to the prot. Seriously only then will prots truly  shine in the battlefield in fact make taunting cry a second job prot skill so commies wont have that kind of distinction. I would say only then will it seem wise to have a team linger near its tank or hide behind them because in the current state of affairs prots simply get ignored.

I know both command and prot very well having leveled one of each respective class to 90 I made the suggestion for taunting cry to have more pvp use than pop stupid sins out of stealth you all thought me crazy AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDD here you all are clammoring of ways to make a prot more usefull and discussing even some crowd control. By the way the devs simply hate the tanker classes why else have sins or clothy casters acting as -_- raid tanks.

#29 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

People thought you were crazy? Ive been saying make taunt more useful since 2008 and thats when it could at least hold aggro, now its just there for decoration.

#30 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

requiem is now based on pvp cuz pve do all in solo so com is ok but prot sux now

Edited by DRAGONMANdavid1, 03 May 2016 - 11:58 AM.

#31 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

requiem is now based on pvp cuz pve do all in solo so com is ok but prot sux now

Com is slightly passable 1v1, if you have absolutely perfect gear. Otherwise youre a mosquito waiting to be swatted.

#32 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

Ai hold hold hold on.
Let be serious for a moment.
Prot is a pve toon. I don't know why you insisting on making it pvpish. The problem, is that in the current state of the game, it's useless in pve just as well. And that can't be fixed. So ignore it. Prot is a dead class. Considering the class rep for prot doesn't even have cap defense, or max block, it's over.
Now as for commie. 1v1 against any caster it's instant win. But that's about it. Too op vs caster, too weak against other classes. Again, nearly impossible to balance out without rethinking other classes as well.

Adding something to taunt? Well a damage debuff sounds appropriate. Make it pve and pvp. 20% hell make it 30%
As long as you end up nerfing fs to under 20 seconds duration.

#33 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

Ai hold hold hold on.
Let be serious for a moment.
Prot is a pve toon. I don't know why you insisting on making it pvpish. The problem, is that in the current state of the game, it's useless in pve just as well. And that can't be fixed. So ignore it. Prot is a dead class. Considering the class rep for prot doesn't even have cap defense, or max block, it's over.
Now as for commie. 1v1 against any caster it's instant win. But that's about it. Too op vs caster, too weak against other classes. Again, nearly impossible to balance out without rethinking other classes as well.

Adding something to taunt? Well a damage debuff sounds appropriate. Make it pve and pvp. 20% hell make it 30%
As long as you end up nerfing fs to under 20 seconds duration.

Problem is every person at sometime feels the itch to pvp. Whether for sport or becuase some scrub stole their grinding spot. And since they arent needed to pve they could at least be made to pvp. I assume thats how its being argued.

Commie vs caster is about 9/10 win if fs hits and you stunlock/loop them. Ive seen plenty casters with ourgeous hp and stacked def/block outlast a commies fs. And if it misses, lol well then they just trollololol over you. If they nerf fs they need to provide something else.

Also a prot that doesnt have max block and def? This happens? The only prot rep I know is Ark and IIRCC he had max bith stats unless he respecd.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 03 May 2016 - 03:42 PM.

#34 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

Problem is every person at sometime feels the itch to pvp. Whether for sport or becuase some scrub stole their grinding spot. And since they arent needed to pve they could at least be made to pvp. I assume thats how its being argued.

Commie vs caster is about 9/10 win if fs hits and you stunlock/loop them. Ive seen plenty casters with ourgeous hp and stacked def/block outlast a commies fs. And if it misses, lol well then they just trollololol over you. If they nerf fs they need to provide something else.

Also a prot that doesnt have max block and def? This happens? The only prot rep I know is Ark and IIRCC he had max bith stats unless he respecd.

Laurent.
Anyways, if you want to poke around pvp you still can with a prot. But you have to play support. Which is exactly what a protector is. A support toon.

Ok look, I feel the problem with both prot and commander is that the shield is worthless.
Adding a passive to defender tree that significantly increases the effectiveness of the shield and also makes it block a part of magic damage too, would balance out bother of those for pvp. And also pve if all bosses damage was doubled or tripled. Or if the bosses would attack random players unless there was a prot taunting or a druid

#35 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

And yes if fs misses.
But regardless.
Run the math.
Top casters run what 35k hp?
Fs is 23 second duration
Top commie can do 2.5K on cap? 2.7k? In 23 seconds less say you can hit 15-20 times. That by itself is enough.
The only time you can't kill 1v1 in fs duration is a mystic who has totem up.
Look I'm not saying nerf them into submition. But lower fs duration by 6, lower cd by 2.
I still think the skills should have extra effects. Like moonlight should give a 1 second aoe hush.
And others should give like a .5 second stun.
Simply to interrupt casters

#36 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:07 PM

And yes if fs misses.
But regardless.
Run the math.
Top casters run what 35k hp?
Fs is 23 second duration
Top commie can do 2.5K on cap? 2.7k? In 23 seconds less say you can hit 15-20 times. That by itself is enough.
The only time you can't kill 1v1 in fs duration is a mystic who has totem up.
Look I'm not saying nerf them into submition. But lower fs duration by 6, lower cd by 2.
I still think the skills should have extra effects. Like moonlight should give a 1 second aoe hush.
And others should give like a .5 second stun.
Simply to interrupt casters

I hit over 2.5k easy on cap but that doesnt matter when you hit 0s on casters stacking block. Defilers with that are much more annoying than any mystic Ive ever come across. They just switch gear and wait....and wait.... That doesnt even include misses...

Ah I forgot laurents the rep. Shame on me I just saw him in rep chat. Sorry Lu >_>

But this is no new topic. I know this class better than I know my 1st born child and have been playing it almost as long as the games been out. They wont change anything and everyone will just keep talking about it for 5 more years.

#37 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:28 AM

fixing protectors/commie answer is making them last longer. they are supposed to be fortresses.

Fighting Will - defender accuracy buff into passive % all resistance except light and wind.

Physical Blessing - Passive cad scad block defense.

turn off heal over time formula for protectors.

make defender skill onslaught a leech skill. NOT A HEAL .... LEECH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users