Why are FQLs so expensive? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why are FQLs so expensive?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:47 AM

TL;DR ^^

peoples are greedy and they only want profits. They will only reduce the price if no one is buying. If there are demands, they will leech you as much as they can.

All this happens because they can. Simple as that.

#27 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:57 AM

Its still fairly new, so the premium of owning it sooner, rather than later, has to be factored in as well.

#28 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:58 AM

The rise of DD crit as a build is factor #1 imo. FQL was dropping in price like crazy and right at the time I posted the guide, people started buying them more as they saw daggers were now a good option and the price stabilized nearly instantly.

But yes, for +9-12, the price difference between items is mostly how much of a difference it makes on the item. For weapons, it makes more of a difference, so the price is closer to what it should theoritically be, taking into account price of ores and everything. For armors, they are undervalued because most of them either aren't used that much or are mostly used at lower +s with similar utility. Immune shield is overshadowed by valk shield in most cases since elemental attacks tend to hurt more in general.

#29 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

lets all people overfarm it to bring the base cost down! i believe the +12 one will be go down much as well. the tendency of items under 1b is in 50m-100m increment, but somehow if the item already above 1b, the price increment become 200m-500m since only top class people play market on that zone,

#30 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

1) Rarity
2) Time/Effort Required
3) Stats
4) Slots
5) Chance of Earthquake
6) Supply/Demand

1)rarity_lovely_face_by_spydol_d70uoj8.png
7) Soheon Card

Stop making it like only GX wants this thing. SC, K/O, SN, even Sorc to some extent, do have some use for it too.

#31 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

You're asking why people pay 2billion for a +12 FQL?
Because they just paid what 3billion+ for a Drake MVP card.

What use is a dagger with a 50% atk mod on mvps?

You are looking at a 10billion zeny item when fully completed, a few hundred million is chump change. 

Immune shields are about the equips, FQL is about the cards.
-_- i'll consider spending 100billion on a pair of FQL once nightmare toad is released. 

#32 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:10 AM

1)rarity_lovely_face_by_spydol_d70uoj8.png
7) Soheon Card

Stop making it like only GX wants this thing. SC, K/O, SN, even Sorc to some extent, do have some use for it too.

Not only GXs, but GXs are most likely the ones keeping demand up enough.

#33 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:13 AM

One more reason for this maybe (I dont know if this is mentioned before) is due to enrich hammer event. You can see for yourself the prices of gears during and after the enrich hammer NPC. Last week when it was in, for example, +9 FAWs went for 350-400M more or less. But this week, it's 400-500, because why? No Enrich Hammer NPC for easy upgrades. So if you'd haggle with the +12 FQL seller during the Hammer event, you'd probably get the FQL at 1.6-1.7B, but now...the profit gained from +12'ing FQL using Mighty hammer (the one that uses HD Ore) is just not worth it. That's why the price hike.

#34 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

I don't feel like getting into the minutiae but take my words as a long time (decade+) player and owner of many +12 gears including FQL: the price of FQL is appropriate. Your role at this point is to learn about why,and not try to persuade others their opinion is wrong or not meeting your moral standards.

#35 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

To each their own i guess. even DD DA gx users want this dagger. Heck i seen a gx wearing two of them saying how its the best dagger in town ^.^

tumblr_mj36zjr9xT1rdiylyo2_250.gif

#36 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:35 AM

because the server is full with happy merchants

#37 Jigglebums

Jigglebums

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

You're asking why people pay 2billion for a +12 FQL?
Because they just paid what 3billion+ for a Drake MVP card.

What use is a dagger with a 50% atk mod on mvps?

You are looking at a 10billion zeny item when fully completed, a few hundred million is chump change. 

Immune shields are about the equips, FQL is about the cards.
-_- i'll consider spending 100billion on a pair of FQL once nightmare toad is released. 

I don't feel like getting into the minutiae but take my words as a long time (decade+) player and owner of many +12 gears including FQL: the price of FQL is appropriate. Your role at this point is to learn about why,and not try to persuade others their opinion is wrong or not meeting your moral standards.

I get what both of you mean. I was not trying to persuade others their opinions are wrong nor was I trying to force anybody to meet my moral standards. It was simply a question about whether FQL is really worth 2b. If a gear is that good, like the FQL, which is a great weapon, that should be reflected in the base cost and not at its +12 form. As I've already said, I completely agree that the base cost of an FQL is appropriate if not lower than it should be. What I'm saying is if this weapon were so good, the base cost should be 800m, not 500m. But why is this weapon 2b at +12?

Nobody except Myzery has attempted to really understand my question. I never said FQL is a crap weapon or not worth using. It is the best main-hand dagger at the moment. My question is, which Myzery kind of explained in a nutshell, why does +12ing an FQL give so much more return on investment? Everything magical about the FQL should be reflected in the base cost, not refining costs. If there is no FQL to begin with, no upgrades can be made. Which is why the base cost is more important in determining the entire cost instead of the refining cost.

If we're really talking about the utility of an item, why are people paying upwards of 4b for a hat that does nothing except look cute? I know it's a little different in terms of context, but this is why I agree with what Myzery said, that some aspects of the game cannot be logically explained. That Zeny could be spent on buying a +14 gear perhaps but they choose a little yellow hat. I tried learning about why people spend that much on a cute headgear and after playing this game for quite a lot of years, I understand it's because chilling at Eden or at some popular spot in Prontera with a cute hat is great and I love doing that as well. 

Edited by Jigglebums, 08 October 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#38 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

greed

#39 Poseidaon

Poseidaon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

Lovely name btw! Jigglebums!

:p_love: :rice:

:p_hi: 

#40 Jigglebums

Jigglebums

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Lovely name btw! Jigglebums!

:p_love: :rice:

:p_hi:

:3

#41 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:40 AM

A lot of people have mentioned certain things such as supply and demand, enriched hammer, hardness to obtain. But no one really has hit the nail on why a 500m + item that is not enchantable doesn't have the refine cost added to its base cost. it's long explanation, but I'll try to make it as concise as possible.

First of all, the FQL had a low drop rate. 1%. Making only the people who are either: lucky or persistent to obtain it obtain it. These people are usually those that MVP constantly and moreover have the funds to do so. Here's the supply part. The supply will continuously come from certain individuals, while demand is from all types of people - those who can afford a 500m item and upgrade it themselves, or those who have been saving for a +12 one all their RO carrer, and do not have the funds to risk +12ing and failing, and those who can only buy a +7~9 one. I'm not saying the demand is higher, but the supply and demand come from completely different sources.

Now focusing on the +12 upgrade. This usually only occurs when enriched is in. Let me give an example: let's say the FQL was a 50m item that vends constantly. Now anyone can now add to the cost ~1b or so and upgrade it. Now let's say it's an item that has limited supply. So when enriched comes, maybe there are only 2 people who has the +0~9 FQL and WANTS to upgrade it. Those who farm the item may have more than one +0, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are willing to upgrade it - since upgrade takes up funds, and those funds can maybe apply to something that has a higher market liquidity. So there will be the people who: can afford a 500m item and upgrade it that will make a +12 FQL. The Faceworm instance isn't particularly old, there hasn't been too many enriched hammers since it was implemented, so there are very few +12s on the server in comparison to a Immune shield which is : Readily available in the cash shop and vending all the time, a Hurricane Fury - obtainable by many mvps, has been in the game for ages and multiple selling every day. FQL on the other hand has maybe one selling a week (?) So the people who want to +12 it during enriched and have funds might not even be able to obtain one in time! Meaning that every enriched there is maybe under 5 +12 FQLs made, since someone must HAVE one and afford upgrades in order to upgrade it.

Now, when someone generally buys something for a specific build, especially the top end, and fitting to their build, they usually buy it for keeps and not for resale. So a resale of a +12 FQL will be rare, and thus due to the restricted supply, there is the 500m base cost, 1b upgrade fee, and perhaps 300-500m fee of rarity, convenience and demand.

Edited by KamiKali, 08 October 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#42 savvy11481111

savvy11481111

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

i'm sorry, what's the point of this topic again?

I had crap luck, took me prolly 1.3-1.4b to +10, and then maybe another 200m to +12 my FQL?

So by my standards, my FQL cost me 1.8-1.9b (including buying the dagger).

Lucky Person B comes along, bought an FQL for 500m, made it +10 on probably the first or second HD ore,

then +12'ed it in prolly under 30-50 HD bradiums. All in all prolly cost him 200-300m to +12 it.

I wouldn't want to sell my FQL at 1.5b (cos of the -_- I went through),  and Person B most certainly

wouldn't be kind enough to sell his +12 FQL at 1b (just because he got lucky).

So we follow the market's sentiments, a +9 FQL prolly fetches anywhere from 700-800m, a +12 anywhere

from 1.6b - 1.8b. I personally wouldn't want to buy a +12 FQL for 2b. I'd try refining myself.

But hey, it is a pretty difficult weapon to make +12. U can't compare it to Red Twin; an RTE costs

nowhere near the price of an FQL, let alone rarity/scarcity.

Like everyone else said, supply and demand. What logic and assumptions u make based ur opinion

might not necessarily be true for many others.

I usually buy my +12 stuffs nowadays, i'm bad luck when it comes to refining.

And.. i'm sorry. what was the point of this topic again? Oh, whether it's worth 2b or not to u,

is entirely SUBJECTIVE :)

Edit: my +0 Eddga took me close to 1.6b (in safe10 certs and ores) to reach +11, just because

I refused to accept the fact that it was THAT tough to +12 it; I learned it the hard way :sob:.

Ask me now if it's worth it to pay 1.2b for a +12Eddga - F**KING ABSOLUTELY!

Edited by savvy11481111, 08 October 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#43 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:21 AM

So we follow the market's sentiments

wat

#44 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

LOL hypocrite!

edited: for hypocrisy

Edited by Demeris, 08 October 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#45 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

LOL

Explain to to me so I can laugh too I'm a slow guy ;)

#46 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

Smoke a lil something or get hit in the head with a brick and suddenly everything is funny

#47 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

No thanks Ill eat melons

74682a43c984650cee68275ef15eb30bc8a5ca73

#48 mrricebox

mrricebox