Returning to this game.....should I? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning to this game.....should I?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 KitsuneAoi

KitsuneAoi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:48 PM

Hi,
  Just for a little introduction, I am an ex ex ex ex player of Dragonica.... I started playing since its level caped was at lvl 40 and stopped playing when dragonica level cap is 70 (i guess so, cant remember) where Paris is still a raid dungeon, and F7, tower defense is at the ice dragon boss dungeonish......I have witness some moment where dragonica closed down and started selling soul stack for 1 cash.....and then, i updated none about it.

After a very very very long rest, I decided to consider replaying dragon saga..... but I want to clarify something first because it is important that i should know.

1) Firstly, a very important question, pvp system. Is it still like.....imbalanced? I used to be warmage (not sure what it is called now) where the class is the bottom list for pvp...Ninja, assassin, jester and archer are impossible to get hit because their evade is sky high....Warrior and Paladin have high health and reflect skill........and their non stop spamming combo..Cash player orientated?

2) And, third class change, are they still asking for token from pvp? Back in my days i have to queue up, people just queued in the winning team..... OLd players should understand this pain...

3) Is soul craft rate still....like you know.....very very very low?

4) And for PVE players, are there anything new besides F7 and one boss dungeon per map/city/area? I remember back then pve build is useless because F7 and pvp build is enough to play in paris dungeon....

5) Is it possible to f2p to win or P2W? I don't mind some P2W but heavy and purely P2W is............. I remember the trading house is full of item charging cash price (T^T)

That's it for the question. Sorry if that is too long but yeah, this is something I would like to confirm before start playing back again :X Thanks

#2 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

Hi,
  Just for a little introduction, I am an ex ex ex ex player of Dragonica.... I started playing since its level caped was at lvl 40 and stopped playing when dragonica level cap is 70 (i guess so, cant remember) where Paris is still a raid dungeon, and F7, tower defense is at the ice dragon boss dungeonish......I have witness some moment where dragonica closed down and started selling soul stack for 1 cash.....and then, i updated none about it.

After a very very very long rest, I decided to consider replaying dragon saga..... but I want to clarify something first because it is important that i should know.

1) Firstly, a very important question, pvp system. Is it still like.....imbalanced? I used to be warmage (not sure what it is called now) where the class is the bottom list for pvp...Ninja, assassin, jester and archer are impossible to get hit because their evade is sky high....Warrior and Paladin have high health and reflect skill........and their non stop spamming combo..Cash player orientated?

2) And, third class change, are they still asking for token from pvp? Back in my days i have to queue up, people just queued in the winning team..... OLd players should understand this pain...

3) Is soul craft rate still....like you know.....very very very low?

4) And for PVE players, are there anything new besides F7 and one boss dungeon per map/city/area? I remember back then pve build is useless because F7 and pvp build is enough to play in paris dungeon....

5) Is it possible to f2p to win or P2W? I don't mind some P2W but heavy and purely P2W is............. I remember the trading house is full of item charging cash price (T^T)

That's it for the question. Sorry if that is too long but yeah, this is something I would like to confirm before start playing back again :X Thanks

1)

PVP still is imbalanced.

Warmage (Wizard class) is still one of the bottom list when it gets to 1 vs1 PVP. But it is actually quite useful and helpful in team PVP. (that is what I got told)

We have had a huge Evade Nerf, same for critical damage. In other words the old "Evade Classes" are just "normal" classes these days. Same for block btw. The revenge skill got a PvP nerf and is nothing dangerous anymore. (compared to the past)

The new top classes in PVP seem to be Invoker (Monk), Shaman (new Dragokin class) and the Marskman class tree.

But I'm not a pvp player myself, I can only tell what I read on the forums/get told by others ingame.

So maybe someone else with more experience here can answer your question even better.

Cash player orientated, I would still say yes........but due to some recent changes not as much as it used to be (if you ask me).

2)

The PVP way still exists, yes. People still abuse the ranking mode, yes.

But there is a PVE way too (you need 70k achievement points and 250 devil soul stones) you can do. If you want to that is...

3) Yes.

But on this server here are many soulcraft/enchant events going on from time to time, with doubled soulcraft and enchant rate. It is actually quite more fair on here regarding this.

4)

New Endboss, Elga.

Van Cliff (Bone dragon) and Paris dungeon got reworked. I guess you only know the old versions of them.

A new dungeon, Red Fox Delta.

The Galaxy dungeons and new end game gear.

A small Ragnarok crossover area.

A new City, Kazeura and a new race the Dragokin.

Two new Dragokin classes, the twin fighter and the shaman.

Some fieldmaps got re-arranged, some others removed.

Elluman and the old chaos worlds are gone. The hidden maps are still existing though.

Socket system and skill card system to make your gear/skills even better.

Element system, we now have element damage and resistance (mostly used for pvp though)

The production system (if you want to do this)

F7 does still exist, but there are lesser maps for it now. They now go for specific level ranges and come with a fatigue (means it gives you less exp the more you run it). Many people still prefer this way to level up, while others actually do play PVE and the quests. (including the daily quests from HunterG)

Not sure if you can still go on in the game by using a pure pvp build.....like I said I'm a pure pve player and so I use a pve build myself.

I hope I didn't miss anything important here........if someone else feels the need to add something, please do so.

5) To be honest this game had a huuuge turn in the right direction regarding Pay to win. Today I would call it "pay to do things faster". It is way less pay to win as it was in the past. They are trying very hard on here to get rid of the pay to win aspect.

The trading house, the open market (if you mean this), has only things in it you can purchase for ingame gold. There is no IM involved, but you can buy some IM stuff from other players in there. Yes, some IM stuffs can be sold for gold in the ingame market.

The cash shop (item mall), if you mean this, for sure has lots of stuff in it you can buy with IM points (the cash currency). But the prices are really fair on here and nobody forces you to buy things in there.

I think that's all I can tell you right out of my head. Like I said if I missed something, I'm sorry. Maybe someone else is willing to give you some more answers.  :p_smile:

And if you should start playing again...........well, how about you install the game and have a look yourself?

I guess that is the best way to decide if you want to stay playing or prefer not to.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 08 October 2015 - 11:36 PM.

#3 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:39 PM

pvp is imbalanced, but it can be fun

I always just adapt to whatever the producers decide to do for the most part, even if I don't agree with banning moves in pvp constantly.

https://www.youtube....qy8SEQZ4Hzmz36Q

Shameless plug of my youtube channel

https://forums.warpp...r-list-pvp-1v1/

Tier list currently I would say for 1v1, team dynamic changes a lot of the Characters from low to high or top tier, haven't made a list for that yet

It's easy to PvE and farm your gear to end game.  I would say a good dedicated player can get +20 legend everything they want in about 2-3 months.  If you want socket cards and elements, that's probably another 2-3 months depending on luck.

#4 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:58 PM

u wont regret if u play again ... 

#5 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:29 AM

you are in luck that you are returning during an event of insurance scroll giveaway and increased soulcraft and enchant rates :D

also every weekend we have increased exp events,so this may help you lvl your charater to your desired lvl and every 2 weeks there is a new event going on, so if you get bored of dungeons and mission maps there is always something to do. here there is also a great use of the vending machine in which you can exchange various cash items for silver coins which you can collect by killing monsters.

the community is also really awesome here,  players can suggest ideas for events and costumes, and we have a whole thread regarding bugs and the fixes are implemented fairly quickly.  

if you decide to give it a try welcome back :D!

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:51 AM

This is the best dragon(ica/saga) ever imo if you exclude the first year or so, which is always magical. There wasn't and won't be a better time to play.

#7 KitsuneAoi

KitsuneAoi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:53 AM

First, I want to thank Fliederduft78, flubsy and sigeel for your precious information and answers.

Secondly, for the first question ,man, you have no ideas that how much I feel relieved right now. I mean, I feel so awesome that at least my warmage can be useful in Team PVP, doesn't matter 1v1. At least i CAN GUARANTEE A KILL!!!! LOLZ. I don't mind a bit of cash player orientated to be fair.... I just don't want pvp arena to be purely cash orientated like last time....It was impossible to adapt to it ><

Third class change, at least I still have PVE way not like hoping for a luck everyday that you could get inside the winning team or used precious cash to buy the token......that can be farmed easily by any thief, archer or warrior lolz

Why am I asking about the soul craft? As when i was still playing the rate from normal to magic is lower than 10%...........there was a moment it reached less than 3%. I am glad it is possible to craft with better ease now......

New dungeons and systems surely motivate me. At least that I don't have to purely F7, paris dungeon and F4 for souls....lolz

And thank god the market change to gold only ..............you have no idea what it means to be like.......gold is the useless currecy .........

Love it that we have a good community in here, the gatcha (silver) coin have a better usage now....And we can PVE out our end game gears.......

Thanks you all

P.S: @Fliederduft78, I have been playing during the period where Dragon Saga at its most utter unfairness......It became Dragonicaphobia to me. It actually took me some guts to consider playing this again...

#8 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:11 AM

Yes, I can imagine. I went trough the same thing in my 6 years of playing this game. Glad you considered a comeback at all. :p_smile:

I hope you have lots of fun on this server! :p_smile:

#9 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:40 AM

Why am I asking about the soul craft? As when i was still playing the rate from normal to magic is lower than 10%...........there was a moment it reached less than 3%. I am glad it is possible to craft with better ease now......

The reason why people doesn't complain about soul crafting isn't because there is many soul crafting events or itmes that increases the rates.

It is because you can grab souls very easily, and that helps both new and veteran players to grind faster.

#10 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:46 AM

About cash shop pay2win; It's now...pay2speedup.

Insurance Scrolls and Reinforced Insurance are now sellable in open market. Staff is also experimenting with W-coins as well in open market.

Meaning with only gold, you can buy the insurance scrolls needed for enchants/soulcrafts, grind gold for your ideal cash set, sockets, etc. It'll just take you a very long time. So be sure to find a fast method for gold farming.

Cash Shop will merely speed up this process.

#11 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:06 AM

Just a fair encouragement before you get discouraged. Don't be put down when you get beaten to a pulp by someone who spent a lot of money or time or even both. You are coming in late and hopefully continue to play the game. If you plan to pvp I suggest you pve for a while and farm some gold or find other ways to get it. It takes a decent amount of patience to stack up close to the ones who love to pvp and there are people who even lower gear and etc. all you have to do is strive to get better and stack up. The community is great so there's nothing to worry about except yourself. Depending on where you want to camp a level you may or may not meet strong players. So don't get discouraged from either one. Just play the game through meet new or old friends and you might even find somewhere to camp a level. You are bound by time and as long as you enjoy your time spent you should realize this game is enjoyable.

Edited by Agitodesu, 09 October 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#12 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

Tbh a tip to enjoying pvp. Avoid Summoners/Invokers/Fighters.

But if you're planning for end game pvp the requirements to even be a threat have changed a lot, If you aren't full 5-6* element cards with Barnied +20 PoS  and health stacking sockets then you're better off completely avoiding it.

#13 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

Tbh a tip to enjoying pvp. Avoid Summoners/Invokers/Fighters.

But if you're planning for end game pvp the requirements to even be a threat have changed a lot, If you aren't full 5-6* element cards with Barnied +20 PoS  and health stacking sockets then you're better off completely avoiding it.

I think that's ...  bad mentality.  In order to get better you need to be able to take losses as well.  And even if you lose to super geared people and top tier classes, if you keep playing against em, you'll eventually get better if you learn to adapt and notice what you can and cannot do with your character.  Just take losses and what you deem "unfair" as just knowledge for next time.  Even if they make fun of you.  And when you do win against em, the satisfaction is pretty great.  You just have to understand it's a slow progression.  

I think this is what separates great players from good players.

#14 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hello KitsuneAoi!

I am glad to hear that you are going to play this game again after a long time.

Welcome to our great community!

Hope to see you in-game.

#15 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:22 PM

Hope to see you in-game.

You said this to me once, and you probably regret it! Haha!

But seriously, I've been an MMO gamer for almost 14 years (I think. Something like that) and the community here is by far the best of any I've seen. If you decide to play with us, I think you'll have fun! Best of luck on your adventure.

There are usually higher level players willing to help you if you're struggling as well. :)

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:34 PM

You said this to me once, and you probably regret it! Haha!

No I never regret meeting the players in-game :)

It's actually a lot of fun.

Edited by Popcorn, 09 October 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#17 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:54 PM

No I never regret meeting the players in-game :)
It's actually a lot of fun.

I'm just teasin' ya, friendo! :) just trying to show how close our community is.

#18 KJam

KJam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:07 AM

Hi KitsuneAoi. Thanks so much for making this post. I'm actually in the exact same situation as you :P.

OMG everything being bought and sold in cash was horrible...

Think I'll start playing again :). Thanks again.

#19 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

Hi KitsuneAoi. Thanks so much for making this post. I'm actually in the exact same situation as you :P.

Welcome! This topic was helpful, for sure, eh?

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:15 AM

I'm just teasin' ya, friendo! :) just trying to show how close our community is.

I know for sure  :no1:

#21 KitsuneAoi

KitsuneAoi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:56 AM

Lolz.................glad that i helped?
XD

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:05 AM

Glad to hear! Than I also welcome you very much to our great community.

Enjoy the game and hope to see you in-game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users