• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:52 AM

I'm a bit stuck with my biochemist. He is lvl 92/47 (probably afked most of that base lvl :P) and I'd really like to get him to gene but pref solo (sometimes AB FS friend is online will help, but usually just me) and prefably without using gramps but sometimes I am in low TI solo.

His stats atm are:

40+3 str

1+5 agi

47+2 vit

95+6 int

62+17 dex

1+6 luk

I have been unsure where to put stats for easiest leveling to gene but at his last level I put into vit and probably continue doing that for a bit.

I wondered if it was viable to try and level using homun (he has a lvl 99 filir) and PLANTS as a main damage dealer? I seem to get some milage by putting down twin parasites and aid potting myself + homun whilst homun pulls. Whilst thinking about that I realised I knew nothing about the plants at all so here are some questions:

are they affected by your stats? what about your equipment? can you maximise their dmg output somehow?

Obviously until gene I have no real AoE except cart rev and needed another 23 job lvls is seeming like a mammoth task :/ No idea what to do with this guy! I lvled alchemist to bio pre-renewal so everything I once knew is now irrelevant.

#2 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

I will assume that damage from plant is not affected by players stat based on what I read. Couple thins that worth a try, one put on auto cast gear, because the plants attack is considered an attack by owner, it mighy trigger auto cast.

Second there is a way to level alone besides auto attack, I supply myself with bomb, and the skill BOMB gives a continues damage for one minute, and its based on atk. With that being said, you can try with a good weapon, and putting more str in the future. And you might want to make an admistr for this type of leveling.

Another way is to mvp, if you can get a sura to tank for you go for it. Seal 2 quest is up last night, go check it, and do the quest, use bm to get your quedt exp as well as your turn in. Put them all into base until 96 or 97, then use your filir to do eden board quest, get all quest and finish all, bm to turn in again.

#3 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:13 AM

ok cool. yeah I used to MVP in endless tower with my priest friend but since renewal the floors with the mobs have become harder than the mvps! cuz i have no AoE to take them out. We never get very far anymore :(

I'm excited to try plant+autocast+bomb though! sounds like a completely different way of playing the game so will hopefully feel fresh and interesting! I have spent all my zenny (only 9mil left on account atm) so i cant buy new gear for it but i already have some goood gear on my other characters I will get my biochem to try out! My shadow chaser has a cd in mouth and advanced ring of flame lord set - that should be fun :)

im not sure what weapon to try. ATM i carry a +5 double kingbird Erde which is obviously for Acid Bomb MVP. I could get a giant axe or something but I would lose my shield which would be bad?

#4 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:41 AM

I remember I barely survived with a demi human valk. I suggest you put an RTE on, I used RTE because its mot versatile. I am so glad that you didn't go out to buy CD just because I said it, because I read the skills on websites, but personally I had good str back then and I did used bomb to level in low Ti alone. And yes, it burned a lot of zeny. ~_~ Besides you can go for high orc shield for all those auto cast if the plant thing didn't work out 

Oh, if you like it, you can up vote my comment, it would mean a lot to me.

#5 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

I cant see a way to up vote on mobile version of website :( when I am home from work and at my pc I will vote up then :)

Sorry.. What is RTE? I cant think off top my head :P

#6 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:59 AM

Red Twin edge ;3

#7 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

hmm it is quite pricey! 20mil i guess its cheap these days but i definitely need to start making more zenny XD

#8 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I just wanted to report back incase anyone now or future wanted to know how it went:

I did Low TI at lvl 92 vs barthories and high orcs. My equip was:

Evil Wing

Evil Wing Ear

Cd In Mouth

+4 Lord's clothes of Ares

+5 double kingbrd Erde

+4 Valkyrja's shield from hell

+4 immune nidhoggur's garb

+7 green boots

advanced ring of flame lord

advanced ring of resonance

some expensive equip at the end but mostly stuff that is considered mundane. My stats were as in the first post.

Using 2x parasites and a lvl 99 filir i was able to level quite effectively! I completed the TI (400 of each mob) and I died a couple of times, mostly to carelessness. I rarely attacked at all, my main job was casting Aid Potion on myself and my Filir. I did sometimes drop a Bomb to thin out the mob - VERY effective on barthory! but high orcs are fire element and immune to its dmg :P

The parasites attacking DID proc the flame lord rings AND the cd in mouth which made for some very good DPS at 95 int.  HOWEVER there was one unexpected side effect: although any skill proc'ing casts instantly regardless of how recently the previous skill was used, it still applies cast delay to skills in your hotkey bar! SO what this means is whilst cd in mouth is going berserk and the flame lord set is triggering you can not use aid potion or bomb skill! That caught me off guard at first but when I got used to it I was able to manage it (and you can still use potions in the normal fashion of course)

I turned in the quest for job exp only (I figure I can AFK my base level but not my job!) and with the fighting I did in the dungeon + the turn in with a HE battle manual I had hanging around in kafra I got 1 base level and 5 (!!!) job levels taking me up to 93/53.

This seems a very viable way to level a biochemist! but it isnt cheap. I burned through hundreads of white potions (literally, hundreads - probably around 400-500) and tons of plant bottles - not to mention a few bombs. I could say plant bottles are free because i use stalker to hunt ingredients and make them myself, but it still takes time. white pots I buy from store so spent around 500k on that.

I am trying to make money with my other chars to pay for this - grey shard farming for thanatos gear to sell and mvp with ranger - at the very least i have some yggberries to sell XD

anyway, very good - recommend if you can afford the bottles! and thanks again MisterWrong (shouldnt it be MisterRight?) for pointing me in correct direction :) :)

#9 MisterWrong

MisterWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

Yay, I am glad that it helps, but keep in mind you will need str, I still make my own bombs, and it probably cost something like 700 k to make a ton. I am surprised that the plants did proc the cd, the websites are right. sounds fun over all, and If i were you I take demi human shield. I think it blocks both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users