Proposing the idea of old school. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Proposing the idea of old school.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mx127

mx127

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:36 PM

I am proposing the idea of a old school rose online. A fixed server of 2009. As I believe that was the best years rose has ever seen.

Although the plan would be to enhance bots so their is none of that going on. The whole world would have to start purely over in collecting Zulie to gain a world wide currency, items would be hard to craft/ enhance. (Unlike now how everything is +15)

Benifits.
Rose would have more income coming through item mall,

Benifits for players, everything is a clean slate. Things will be the way they were ment to be. No one can think something is unfair since everyone starts over.

Just an idea.. Since runescape did it and had success I think rose should consider the idea :)

#2 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

We just merged servers... :hmm:

#3 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:20 AM

Yeah, not happening.

Although i love the idea.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

It's hard to let go of nostalgia, but get over it. 

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:52 AM

I'm an "old school" player too but now that I've been here for over a year, I can honestly say that I would be bored to tears playing on a server like you are suggesting. It took some time to adjust to the changes in Evo but al you need to do is approach it with an open mind. it's much more exciting here where things can and do change often.  Having things to learn about in a game this old is really incredible when you think about it. I love the fact that you have to actually think here. :P

As Cortiz said, we just finally merged the servers after having this community split for so many years. It would be kind of weird to split it up again. And I highly doubt anyone would want to go back to the slow grinding to level 210, having only 7 kinds of gems, no groups, party buffs that have a different duration than the other buffs, having to buy skill books for all skills, no mounts, no moveable substats, not having the ability to reinforce gear... not having gear available at NPC's past level 100, no armor crafting above level 140,  no statted jewelry or the ability to craft jewelry, no slotted gear, no ability to drill items... I could go on and on. My point is, the "good old days" were not all so good and we would miss the many improvements and conveniences we have today.

#6 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:18 AM

The idea of an "old rose" server does sound like fun, I currently dislike how empty zant is and I sorely miss the "liveliness" of leveling up.

This possible server doesn't mean that every convenience in all these new updates to not exist in this new "old" server. Most of the complex and game-breakingchanging things changed the game so much, a server without them sounds interesting.

But, the creation of this server is unlikely, I have the slight thought that this game is struggling a bit.

Edited by saravon, 14 October 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#7 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:23 AM

What gravity needs is to focus on advertising, giving discouts on IM Purchases and coupon giveaway's to promote the game again with the new and upcomming updates.

This way new and old players might start playing Rose, once people see some activity returning to the community i'm sure a good % of that will follow back to the game!

I can pritty much tell you this proposal of the old school server is not going to happen  :heh:

#8 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:17 PM

What gravity needs is to focus on advertising, 

I can pritty much tell you this proposal is not going to happen   :heh:

hmm... Idk how to put this to you, but they wont, cause they send like, 0 dollars on Advertising... 

however, if they cleaned up leveling a bit, and did advertise... it might help...  Asking Steam to front page it for them or something again /might/   Help, but they really need to fix leveling first.  That needs to be faster, and guided bettter, with a  -- lets learn how to refine your gear and gain 10 levels doing it at level 90 or something. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 15 October 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#9 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

I agree that there have been some changes in the past that shouldn't have been made, having that said...

Let me asure you there are people actualy working hard on balancing the game, and ontop of that they enlight you on the patches/updates with detailed information.

The updates being made as always tested first on the Pegasus server, if you want to make a difference in what you think is wrong or right install the pegasus client from this topic and get involved into testing the updates before it reaches the live server:

https://forums.warpp...s-open-for-all/

Cortiz

Edited by Cortiz, 01 November 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#10 KosFantastic

KosFantastic

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

I would propose the gem should be old school as well, the new gem is just a drop, I think that it still should be crafted :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users